Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,631 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information (56372 Views)

How Pius Adesanmi's Mother Had Her Canadian Visa Stamped In Her House In Kwara. / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by einsteine(m): 5:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
stagger:
Excuse me,

What business does the OP have disclosing his accounts to any bloody visa officer? What does that have to do with his visitor visa application?

To get visitor's visa, you have to prove you have strong ties to your home country. That's the reason you submit account statements
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by executive12: 5:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
jahsharon:
A whole 5 years? Did you rape Canadian Prime Minister's wife? I beggi make dem hold their country. If you are truly going for just a visit, then I see no reason why you can't tell them "FUCCK YOU".

Since he said he cannot bear the refusal nor the 5year ban, he was obviously not just going for a visit.

3 Likes

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by tobie247(m): 5:34pm On Nov 27, 2019
executive12:

Since he said he cannot bear the refusal nor the 5year ban, he was obviously not just going for a visit.
Lol! 9ja people with oversabi. If na u them refuse visa with 5 years ban, u go fit bear am. Doesn't mean I'll kill myself over it. I was actually going to come back.
I only asked if it can be appealed. I'm hurt because all my info and documents were genuine. I feel cheated.

2 Likes

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by berrystunn(m): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
tobie247:
Hello ladies and Gentlemen.

I applied for a visitors' visa to Canada July 23rd this year.
Oct. 23rd, i received a mail from them that my accounts seemed fraudulent and they gave me 10 days to prove the accounts are mine with sufficient evidence. The accounts i used are my salary account and my personal savings account with like 400k in the savings and 500plus in my salary acct & savings acct.

So i replied wt a cover letter stating d accounts were mine and that most of d cashflow in my savings account were from the family estate account which has quute a huge sum and onlyi and my mom have access to, i printed out another set of bank statements with cover letters from the bank stating i was indeed d owners of d account with no bad record. I also got a cover letter from d Estate account stating i was a signatory and therefore had access to it with no bad record.

Yesterday, i got a mail from the stating i was refused d visa becos i withheld information from them and therefore inadmissable until after 5 years.

Dear gurus, can i appeal this? Cos i didn't withhold anybinfo except i didnt include d Estate acct d first time. I cant bear that refusal nor d 5 years.

You have to appeal
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by ednut1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
tobie247:

Bro I'm very sure its cos i didnt include d estate account at d initial stage cos the only mail they sent was that i should defend my cash flow with proof. Was y i presented d estate account
did u plan coming back And 900k is too small
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by Broadenyourhori: 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
ogbonti:

My brother you are arguing with me who is privileged to have seen and lived and still living in the western world for more than 2 decades

Nigeria remains one of the places in the world to make it big doing business. Do you know the regulations that hold back people in the west from making crazy money unlike which is not the case in Nigeria? Take for instance you open a eatery in Nigeria or buka sef, apart from your once in a year local government levy you may pay ... nobody comes there to tell you to pay your workers minimum wage of N30,000 a month ... in the western world if you don’t pay your worker that minimum wage with proper tax documentation, you will enter prison so easily and your business may be taken away from you

Secondly... set up a shop and sell anything worth buying nobody will Harass you on Naija... not so in OYINBO land, you could go to jail for selling fake commodities... in Naija the market is huge, ask Igbo traders in Lagos ... even Labanese will not go to Canada when they can stay in Naija... but you that own your country is trying so hard to run away.... enough said ..

Not everyone is business inclined. Some people are good at working 9-5 and make decent income. I live in the western world too and I can tell that there are better opportunities outside Nigeria. A country where you have to technically "buy" a job?. Please my brother, if anyone has the opportunity and SENSE" to make it else where--- do so. Time waits for no man!. When our prayers are answered and Nigeria gets better, we will come home.

3 Likes

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
You voted Buhari and you want to run away.
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by Reinvented: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
MT:
I'm sorry but I think you are still withholding some information here. According to you, you submitted 2 accounts - your saving and your personal account, and you claimed you are a signatory to an estate account. With this, I couldn't see any reason why the estate account should be an issue, if you are being very sincere. The account is external to your account and there was no reason why there should be constant flow from the estate account to any of your account unless you wanted to get Visa by deception. The story does not add up, I feel you are withholding information from us.
True. He is a "trustee" to the estate. That does not translate to him owning the estate money. So in essense his only fund is his salary, which may fall below requirements.

1 Like

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by equity1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
sammhi:
Telling you , you withhold information is another way of saying you lied .
You lied about the amount in your savings account which are truly NOT ALL yours but actually your mum transfer some there for your account to swell ...that's deceit..lies !
Secondly, you should have printed your account as it is and then back it up with the estate account and the other account . ...probably with a letter from your mum that she would fund your trip ....
You screwed yourself
you nailed it. I think this should be the reason. I was wondering why she was told that she withheld information. I understand now . He really shot himself ignorantly.
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by sentra05: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2019
ogbonti:

My brother you are arguing with me who is privileged to have seen and lived and still living in the western world for more than 2 decades

Nigeria remains one of the places in the world to make it big doing business. Do you know the regulations that hold back people in the west from making crazy money unlike which is not the case in Nigeria? Take for instance you open a eatery in Nigeria or buka sef, apart from your once in a year local government levy you may pay ... nobody comes there to tell you to pay your workers minimum wage of N30,000 a month ... in the western world if you don’t pay your worker that minimum wage with proper tax documentation, you will enter prison so easily and your business may be taken away from you

Secondly... set up a shop and sell anything worth buying nobody will Harass you on Naija... not so in OYINBO land, you could go to jail for selling fake commodities... in Naija the market is huge, ask Igbo traders in Lagos ... even Labanese will not go to Canada when they can stay in Naija... but you that own your country is trying so hard to run away.... enough said ..

Is this suppose to be an advantage or a disadvantage?
What you are saying is exactly why "sane" people want to leave the country for people with your kind of mentality to enjoy your millions.
So you want to make your crazy millions at the back of people's sweat? A Nigerian will earn 2m per month and still pay his gateman 20k a month because in his mind the gateman is a common aboki who does not deserve to live a good life and he comes online to tell us how he makes millions in Nigeria because the govt who is suppose to check this wickedness is also guilty. It now becomes dog eat dog and you think it is good abi?

A Nigerian will earn 3m per month instead of hiring a professional nanny who he will pay well, he will go and bring someone from the village who will become their slave just because her parents is poor while oga keep building mansions and enjoying with his children.

You want to sell fake things and make crazy money abi because Nigeria is a country where everything goes without consequences.
Most times i wish the "sane" and "humane" people of Nigeria will all relocate and leave you like minds to eat each other cos you deserve the country as it is.
By the way, if after living abroad for 2 decades and you still think like this, i'll advise you to come back cos you are wasting space for people who love to live in a decent society.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by Icon79(m): 6:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
KPOM!

O pari

dominique:
Chai! Sorry o. I'm not sure if these visa bans can be appealed or reversed, no harm in trying though

Why were the funds in your family's estate account transferred into your personal account? The visa officials officials must have smelt a rat from the unsually large deposit and denied you the visa. They now know how applicants present fake statements of account with borrowed cash so as to boost their chances of acceptance.
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by Freshprime(m): 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
You can enter by entering as a refugee and filling asylum but that thing e b like e get as e be
bezimo:

You can't just enter Canada from US without a Green card, US/Canadian passport/PR or Canadian Visa.
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by Abbeyme: 6:10pm On Nov 27, 2019
madridsta007:

Think deeply and have a honest and objective review of the situation, did YOU withhold information from them?
If you did, they have the grounds for refusal.
If you didnt, then they do not. I suggest the following:

1. If you withheld information from them, then appeal and plead ignorance. The estate account does not appear to be a personal account, is it? You can simply say that you ONLY included accounts which was a single account in your name and not a joint account, as you believed that joint accounts did not qualify for submission. Try and search their reqiurements and find statements that supports this statement.
2. If you didnt withhold information for them, then appeal and state explicity while you think you didnt withhold information from them. Use bullet-points to state your points.
3. Appeal as well, perhaps on the grounds of this being your first offence, or first time of international application, you were not aware of all the requirements hence the 5 years ban is too much. You did not flout their rules intentionally.

But these will only be possible if they allow for appeal of visiting visa. I am not sure they do. You need to do your research on this.
Be HONEST with your appeal and include all evidences as much as you can.
With visa applications y'all NEED to be HONEST about everything you write in it. If you are not sure, write, "I am not sure". Dont go the Nigerian way of assuming answers. It will come back to bite.

Very brilliant submission.

OP, also add that they should consider your appeal on compassionate grounds and promise to always get the proper and current information in dealing with VISA requirements.

2 Likes

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by salford: 6:13pm On Nov 27, 2019
900k though. That is around 3500 Canadian dollars. Ticket alone will gulp like half of that money. If you weren't banned, the chances of refusal is still very high. Just write a letter to clear yourself and not border applying. Even after the ban, your application will still be flagged if you apply again. Your info would have been shared among the 5 eyes countries, so it will be flagged if you apply to all those countries too.
i.e. AUS, NZ, US and UK.
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by Influential101: 6:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
ogbonti:

I don't get it.. did you think before writing this angry angry angry.. How are these supposed to be advantages please ?.. even selling fake products... Gosh..

That's why sane people will continue leaving Nigeria.. Smh..what a mentality angry angry

2 Likes

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by tobie247(m): 6:19pm On Nov 27, 2019
salford:
900k though. That is around 3500 Canadian dollars. Ticket alone will gulp like half of that money. If you weren't banned, the chances of refusal is still very high. Just write a letter to clear yourself and not border applying. Even after the ban, your application will still be flagged if you apply again. Your info would have been shared among the 5 eyes countries, so it will be flagged if you apply to all those countries too.
i.e. AUS, NZ, US and UK.

My fear gangan!
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by drakeli: 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
Now that you are under 5 years ban from Canada. This would seriously have a toll on your applying for a US visa. Don’t just waste your money
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by thatigboman: 6:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
RichDad1:
Why did you withhold informations ? undecided undecided

*Edited*
information not informations

1 Like

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by salford: 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
tobie247:

My fear gangan!
Did you apply with a Microfinance Bank Statement? The Canadian Embassy, most times if not automatically flag it as fraudulent. Seems they do not have control processes to verify MFB statements unlike the Big Banks that they have a direct line to the head office and based on working trust relationships. Best thing would be to appeal via a good lawyer. Not an appeal to overturn to Visa Officers decision, but an appeal to set the record straight that you did not submit fraudulent docs. It's at their discretion to decide if they would overturn the ban or not.
if not MFB, it could just be the movement of cash - unusual large deposits. Even within Canada Banking system, sudden deposit of substantial cash not matching account history could flag off audits. Good luck.
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by AngelicBeing: 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2019
dominique:
Chai! Sorry o. I'm not sure if these visa bans can be appealed or reversed, no harm in trying though

Why were the funds in your family's estate account transferred into your personal account? The visa officials officials must have smelt a rat from the unsually large deposit and denied you the visa. They now know how applicants present fake statements of account with borrowed cash so as to boost their chances of acceptance.
Gbam grin
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by AngelicBeing: 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2019
salford:

Did you apply with a Microfinance Bank Statement? The Canadian Embassy, most times if not automatically flag it as fraudulent. Seems they do not have control processes to verify MFB statements unlike the Big Banks that they have a direct line to the head office and based on working trust relationships. Best thing would be to appeal via a good lawyer. Not an appeal to overturn to Visa Officers decision, but an appeal to set the record straight that you did not submit fraudulent docs. It's at their discretion to decide if they would overturn the ban or not.
Canadian Prime Minister and Donald Olusegun Ibrahim Eze Trump gave all the VO'S koboko laden with chilly pepper to flog shege comot from any dodgy applicants tongue
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by salford: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Canadian Prime Minister and Donald Olusegun Ibrahim Eze Trump gave all the VO'S koboko laden with chilly pepper to flog shege comot from any dodgy applicants tongue
grin grin grin
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by Rbae: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
Renforce:
Hmmmm... Canada is becoming much more difficult to enter lately. Provincial nominee on my mind

Please,whats provincial nominee?
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by AngelicBeing: 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
salford:

grin grin grin
l am the international contractor supplying both the US and Canadian Embassies worldwide with koboko laden with chilly pepper like the picture below

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by Ekpekus(m): 6:48pm On Nov 27, 2019
sentra05:

Is this suppose to be an advantage or a disadvantage?
What you are saying is exactly why "sane" people want to leave the country for people with your kind of mentality to enjoy your millions.
So you want to make your crazy millions at the back of people's sweat? A Nigerian will earn 2m per month and still pay his gateman 20k a month because in his mind the gateman is a common aboki who does not deserve to live a good life and he comes online to tell us how he makes millions in Nigeria because the govt who is suppose to check this wickedness is also guilty. It now becomes dog eat dog and you think it is good abi?

A Nigerian will earn 3m per month instead of hiring a professional nanny who he will pay well, he will go and bring someone from the village who will become their slave just because her parents is poor while oga keep building mansions and enjoying with his children.

You want to sell fake things and make crazy money abi because Nigeria is a country where everything goes without consequences.
Most times i wish the "sane" and "humane" people of Nigeria will all relocate and leave you like minds to eat each other cos you deserve the country as it is.
By the way, if after living abroad for 2 decades and you still think like this, i'll advise you to come back cos you are wasting space for people who love to live in a decent society.
I wan answer the guy before.. then I saw your post and was satisfied..
To think he resides in a western country for over two decades and still carry this mentality is preposterous.

2 Likes

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by tobie247(m): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
salford:

if not MFB, it could just be the movement of cash - unusual large deposits. Even within Canada Banking system, sudden deposit of substantial cash not matching account history could flag off audits. Good luck.
I really appreciate this submission and no, i didn't use a MFB. Honestly, i just want them to know i didn't try to do any fraudulent or dishonest act.
I actually feel like they cheated me.
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by babakb: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
ogbonti:

Yet the richest business men in the world are still the Oyinbo people......

1 Like

Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by osmosis4sure: 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
Firstly, U didnt inform the bank to write a reference letter to show u are the owner of the Account or A company acct.
Secondly U said Total Balance of both accounts is Almost 1,000,000 Naira. Canada Visa required maximum of 3M or 3.5M to apply as a visitor, based on Exchange rate.
tobie247:

Oct. 23rd, i received a mail from them that my accounts seemed fraudulent and they gave me 10 days to prove the accounts are mine with sufficient evidence. The accounts i used are my salary account and my personal savings account with like 400k in the savings and 500plus in my salary acct & savings acct.

So i replied wt a cover letter stating d accounts were mine and that most of d cashflow in my savings account were from the family estate account which has quute a huge sum and onlyi and my mom have access to, i printed out another set of bank statements with cover letters from the bank stating i was indeed d owners of d account with no bad record. I also got a cover letter from d Estate account stating i was a signatory and therefore had access to it with no bad record.

Yesterday, i got a mail from the stating i was refused d visa becos i withheld information from them and therefore inadmissable until after 5 years.

Dear gurus, can i appeal this? Cos i didn't withhold anybinfo except i didnt include d Estate acct d first time. I cant bear that refusal nor d 5 years.
Re: I was Refused Canadian Visa Because I "Supposedly" Withheld Information by PicLtd: 7:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
tobie247:

Be straight forward.

Tell us which specific account did you omit and later included?

Don't try to rationalize your actions. I know someone who had a similar issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Agege-pen Cinema Bridge/flyover In Lagos Is Ready (pics, Video) / See The Tallest Hotel In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / Newly Constructed Opako Adigbe Road In Abeokuta Washed Off By Rain Yesterday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.