Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

The Npower Programme And Its Limitations - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Npower Programme And Its Limitations (1271 Views)

Is The Npower Batch C Biometric Verification Really Ending Tomorrow? / Can I Do The Npower Finger Print Verification With My Android Phone? / Epic And Depressing Reply Dished Out By The Npower Team. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by Instinged: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2019
The Npower scheme is one of the unique program established under the APC/Buhari
administration. The Npower is very similar to the SURE P scheme by former president Jonathan
in which thirty thousand Naira stipends (30000) is paid to graduates teaching in government schools,
working in government hospitals and so on.
The later (NPOWER) covers wide range of graduates as not less than three hundred thousand (300000)
graduates benefit from the program and up to fifty thousand non graduates benefit also.

The program comprises of two sets; the 2016 set where about 150000 graduates were selected and the
2017 set where about 200000 graduates were selected.

There are lots of rumors that the 2016 beneficiaries deal will be terminated as the program is just for two years
but the 2016 are still on the program but are not willing to be cut off ( so don't blame Senators refusing to leave their seat).

Vice president Osinbajo is the major handler of the program but not sure any more as the program is said to have been moved to another ministry.

ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAMME

1. Unemployed graduates get thirty thousand Naira stipends
2. No discrimination in the program
3. Unemployed beneficiary are now engaged
4. Reduces crime rate
5. Increases Nigeria youth believe in its government
6. Non graduates and graduates can learn skills and still get paid

LIMITATIONS OF THE PROGRAMME

1. Beneficiary stipends takes time to be paid e.g October stipend yet to be paid
2. Beneficiary are sent to schools up to 50KM to teach
3. Beneficiary abscond from program due to delay in payment and distance
4. The program stated two (2) years making beneficiaries feeling unsecured
5. No serious supervisions
6. Most graduates sees the program as a waste of resources and bondage.

Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by AutosBay(m): 10:07am On Nov 28, 2019
It's like the program has ended

1 Like

Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by okefrancis: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2019
I'm not agree with the writer because he made so many mistakes by comparing Npower with SUREP, Npower is far better than SUREP, The Npower is more transparency and didn't loot unlike SUREP ,therefore the Npower engaged 300000 in 2016 and 200000 in 2017 and altogether makes 500000 so your calculation is wrong. The best program so far is that of Npower which is initiated by Buhari/Osinbajo administration
Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by Yksoul(m): 11:59am On Nov 28, 2019
No,2016 200000 And 2017 300000.When The Programme Is Under Osinbajo, That Was Good Communication When Payment Were Delayed,but NOW! WE DONT EVEN KNOW THE PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER TO TELL US CONCISELY WHAT IS GOING ON....
Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by Zeemam: 12:50pm On Nov 28, 2019
NPOwer has been saving lives. Kudos to PMB/PYO administration
Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by crossfm: 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2019
okefrancis:
I'm not agree with the writer because he made so many mistakes by comparing Npower with SUREP, Npower is far better than SUREP, The Npower is more transparency and didn't loot unlike SUREP ,therefore the Npower engaged 300000 in 2016 and 200000 in 2017 and altogether makes 500000 so your calculation is wrong. The best program so far is that of Npower which is initiated by Buhari/Osinbajo administration
I hope you are not one of its beneficiary.It will even be more worrisome if you are a teacher.

1 Like

Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by easzypeaszy(m): 1:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
Yksoul:
No,2016 200000 And 2017 300000.When The Programme Is Under Osinbajo, That Was Good Communication When Payment Were Delayed,but NOW! WE DONT EVEN KNOW THE PUBLIC RELATION OFFICER TO TELL US CONCISELY WHAT IS GOING ON....
the 2016 was never up-to 200k it's bw 145k to 150k go check well....go to old news or I will find and send u d link
Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by Idrisenagi: 2:12pm On Nov 28, 2019
Just make the beneficiaries permanent staff kawai.
Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by adetola77(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
Alert Gbam grin grin
Don't ask for bank oo
Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by Instinged: 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
Idrisenagi:
Just make the beneficiaries permanent staff kawai.
will be difficult but dey can do it...posibility to do 20% not to do 80%
Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by Instinged: 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
adetola77:
Alert Gbam grin grin
Don't ask for bank oo
no let ppl faint guy...somany ppl r depressed alrdy..i just hope dey pay
Re: The Npower Programme And Its Limitations by Instinged: 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
okefrancis:
BOTH ESTABLISHED BY FEDERAL GOV
BOTH SCHEME IS FOR THE UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES
BOTH PAYS 30K
BOTH USES TEACHING, HEALTH AND AGRICULTURE CHANNELS

SO WHATS THE MISTAKE WEN I SAID ITS SIMILAR

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Build A Dropshipping Website / Easy Guide On How To Make Crazy Money Online With Just Your Smartphone Or Laptop / Is God Punishing Me? No Job No Work No Hope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.