Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs (1005 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / Photos From National Assembly As Buhari Presents N6.08bn 2016 Budget / Desmond Elliot Shares Photo Of His First Sitting At The Lagos House Of Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by asha80(m): 4:12am On Nov 23, 2010
Lagos House approves 1.08bn for purchase of cars, APCs
News Nov 23, 2010 By Gbenga Akanmu
Lagos state House of Assembly has approved the Special Expenditure Request forwarded to it by the Commissioner, Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget.

The special expenditure is for the procurement of vehicles for members of Lagos State House of Assembly and Principal Officers of the House, and the purchase of 10 Toyota Armoured Personnel Carriers, APCs, for the Lagos State Police Command Rapid Response Squad, RRS.

While three hundred and forty-eight million, eight hundred thousand naira (N348,800,000) was approved for the members’ vehicles, seven hundred and thirty-five million naira (N735,000,000) was approved for Police vehicles.

Meanwhile, the House would hold public hearing on the second amendment of the 1999 Constitution forwarded to it by the National Assembly today.

The public hearing will come up this morning (Tuesday) at the lobby of the Assembly complex.
Members of the public and other stakeholders are expected to be in attendance to make inputs into the amendment.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/lagos-house-approves-1-08bn-for-purchase-of-cars-apcs/
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by IVORY2009(m): 5:39am On Nov 23, 2010
Wat a waste of resources at this time of resession.
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by aljharem(m): 5:43am On Nov 23, 2010
"signs"hmmmmmmmmm cry cry cry cry
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by Kobojunkie: 5:44am On Nov 23, 2010
The purchase is for the police force(If I am reading that correctly, and if it will help them better protect my property and family) I am good! cheesy
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by homerac7: 6:10am On Nov 23, 2010
Hw could u say money to be spent on security is waste? Don't u know dt d lagos state command is probably d best equipped in d federation? Do u think fg procured d equipment foe them? Haven't u heard of hw it has transformed into lessee crime rate for d state? D state celebrated one year of zero bank robbery about six months back, and I don't think there still has been any since then. When Ws last time u heard dt criminals killed a lagos policeman in action? Now u r canvassing dt d new security status shouldn't b supported?

I knw u smell corruption, bt let's of throw d baby out wt d bathwater. Election is also around d corner wt its attendant security challenges.
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by texazzpete(m): 7:54am On Nov 23, 2010
The same Lagos state that was claiming not to have money to pay its striking doctors that are severely overworked and seriously underpaid?
Now they are spending money to buy vehicles for the state house members and you people are eating it up happily. Rubbish.
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 23, 2010
Campaign money being circulated
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by okstol: 9:47am On Nov 23, 2010
I'm not against the police own but the house members that changes cars like cloths. Bad roads full Eko and these guys are buying cars.
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by hercules07: 11:12am On Nov 23, 2010
It is good that they are spending up to 70% on security and 30% on themselves, soon they will take it to 80:20, if the federal government can do the same, Nigeria will progress.
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 23, 2010
What a sad situation we've found ourselves in this country. Our minds have been so conditioned to smell corruption in every government expenditure.
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by DisGuy: 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2010
they've only got 3-4 months left, what have they been using before OKADA?
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by mbulela: 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2010
Dis Guy:

No Tokunbo cars
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by texazzpete(m): 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2010
ilugunboy:

What a sad situation we've found ourselves in this country. Our minds have been so conditioned to smell corruption in every government expenditure.

And what a sad situation we have when taxpayers' money is being used for self-enrichment of reps, and yet citizens are here accusing the sane ones of 'smelling corruption in every Government expenditure'.

I give up; you f'uckers deserve your thieving leaders.

hear the legislators: "the money is for effective lawmaking and assist lawmakers in mobility"
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by excanny: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2010
Dis Guy:

Most intelligent comment.

The said expenditure for security is only a cover up for the main looting.
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^ Sigh!!!

Here's hoping you are wrong! ***fingers crossed**** lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by excanny: 9:51pm On Nov 23, 2010
^^^

I understand how you feel.

My state governor knows my his greatest critic, so he knows i dont fall for anything not standard.

You need to seperate sentiments from facts.
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by safariman(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2010
They need the security vehicles to guard the state assemblers' cars
Re: Lagos House Approves 1.08bn For Purchase Of Cars, Apcs by bones1(m): 11:51pm On Nov 23, 2010
The intention of the House members to purchase vehichles for themselves at this moment - in the twilight of their tenure is sheer self serving and a complete waste of tax payers money, especially in light of the fact that they will not surrender the vehichles !

A very selfish move. That money could be put to much better use.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu: The Making Of A Political Tactician / 2008: Lautech Students Rap/ed, Beg Management To Save Them From Rapists / Henry Okah Threatened, Abused Jonathan, Ministers From Jail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.