Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) (60943 Views)

Photos Of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Her Husband, Ikemba (Then Vs Now) / WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Buhari In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Editorialtimes: 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2019

Kibera is the largest slum in Narirobi and the largest urban slum in Africa. It is located in the south west of Nairobi, about 5 km from the city centre in Kenya.

The former Nigerian minister of Finance shared a post on her Facebook page about her visit to Kibera.

She wrote"

This #Thanksgiving, I'm reflecting on my recent visit to Kibera - Africa's largest urban slum. I was humbled to observe the grit and resilience of people living in the informal settlement, the majority of whom migrate from rural areas in search of jobs and a better life.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NOIweala/status/1200099908277153794

This kind of rapid urbanisation brings serious challenges: inadequate housing, overcrowding, poor sanitation, and grinding poverty. It also exacerbates a number of health issues such as the pressing need for immunisation strategies geared to urban populations.

I applaud the dedication and commitment of health workers like Joy - a young woman who is continuing her mother’s legacy by supporting the delivery of immunisation and other essential health services to Kibera residents. CDC Kenya, Kenya Medical Research Institute, Amref Health Africa and Carolina for Kibera.

A crucial step in meeting the immunisation needs of the urban poor is to use data to uncover obstacles to vaccine access. This will help to map the reality on the ground and clearly identify inequities. Knowing where our efforts are best spent brings us closer to ensuring that everyone – no matter where they live – is healthy and thriving".

http://www.editorialtimes.com/pictures-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-visits-kibera-africas-largest-slum/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by SLAP44: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
Misplaced priority, charity should begin at home

She left Ibadan to go look for another slum? grin

171 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Earlystar698(m): 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2019
Kenya ? is okey

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2019
SLAP44:
She left Ibadan to go look for kibera? grin
Wetin she dey find go sokoto, dey near her.

You must be a genius.
Something I was about to say.
Though I doubt the authenticity of full humans living in Kenya.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
It is not yet Uhuru.

Kenya on a long search for political hygiene.

Op this is wrong.

Nigeria as a country houses the largest slum in west Africa and the world at large.

If you doubt it take a bus as if you going to Benin republic...and clear your doubt.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
Amazing slum shocked
Lalasticlala sef...
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by brookz: 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2019
It's all good, but charity begins at Home ma'am.

#Reflect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
Mama d Mama.

The brains of both Buhari and all those appointed to his cabinet no reach the left hand side of your brain Ma.

But the shoe though

104 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by sweetonugbu: 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
Awol1:
Mama d Mama.

The brains of both Buhari and all those appointed to his cabinet no reach the left hand side of your brain Ma.

But the shoe though
will you wear your expensive shoes to enter that kind of environment?.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by rexchazy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2019
The people seems peaceful not like our own ajegunle

11 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by ValCon888: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2019
I hope they went there bearing gifts and not just to take selfies.
Madam Okonjo the original Slay Queen. Slaying effortlessly with her wrapper and rubber boot.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
This woman sacrificed her talent to fix Nigeria when Nigeria still had people of reasoning ability.

Now we have certificate forgers in her stead.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by dynicks(m): 8:07pm On Nov 28, 2019
SLAP44:
Misplaced priority, charity should begin at home

She left Ibadan to go look for another slum? grin
Bros , this table u shaking, my hand no dey ooo!!

She left home base off the west coast to go feature in international league..

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Sirjamo: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2019
Here is Aba, a few hours drive from Ogwasi - Uku in Delta state where Madame Ngozi hail from. What was she looking for in Kibera slum that she couldn't find in Aba?

121 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by ZombieTERROR: 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2019
dynicks:
Bros , this table u shaking, my hand no dey ooo!!

She left home base to go feature in international league..

There is nothing to shake

If She felt like visiting a slum and making a difference .... It's right there in Ibadan

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by ZombieTERROR: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sirjamo:
Here is Aba, a few hours drive from Ogwasi - Uku in Delta state where Madame Ngozi hail from. What was she looking for in Kibera slum that she couldn't find in Aba?

You that has never crossed the Niger bridge is talking about Aba... In your dreams though..

I just went through all the jargons you wrote about the reasons you voted Buhari grin
Lol.... Shame
You should be ashamed of yourself

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by SLAP44: 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

You that has never crossed the Niger bridge is talking about Aba... In your dreams though..

I just went through all the jargons you wrote about the reasons you voted Buhari grin
Lol.... Shame
You should be ashamed of yourself

Some of these people has never owned transport money to leave their slums, they just mention aba like they have ever been there.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 28, 2019
I thought Aba was the biggest slum in the world.

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by SLAP44: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
FrLukas:
I thought Aba was biggest slum in the world.

Ibadan won the trophy for keeps after winning it for 30 straight years grin

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sirjamo:

Aba and Ogwashi-uku..

Are you okay.

You guys will just sit under brown roof with no ceiling fan to cool off and will be typing nonsense under heat,

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by SLAP44: 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
Sirjamo:

Aba to ogwaahi ukwu is so far.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2019
SLAP44:

Ibadan won the trophy for keeps after winning it for 30 straight years grin

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Sirjamo: 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Aba and Ogwashi-uku..

Are you okay.

You guys will just sit under brown roof with no ceiling fan to cool off and will be typing nonsense under heat,
What where you doing in class when your English teachers where trying to make you understand elementary comprehension?

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2019
The woman that supervised over one of the worst public looting of Nigeria's oil money.

She's a disgrace indeed.

During her time the Federal government of Nigeria had to borrow money to pay salaries of workers.

What a shame.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Mandesz(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
heyy, e be like say naija better pas some countries o. make I better stay here!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by seangy4konji: 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

There is nothing to shake

If She felt like visiting a slum and making a difference .... It's right there in Ibadan
na Ogun go chop that your mouth. I'd you proud of your self. Tell us where you come from.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2019

I thought it was Lagos?
Abi Kenya done collet am too
Nigeria loosing on all fronts cry

9 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by kalvoken(m): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2019
Southwest and urban slum na 5 & 6.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:
It is not yet Uhuru.

Kenya on a long search for political hygiene.

Op this is wrong.

Nigeria as a country houses the largest slum in west Africa and the world at large.

If you doubt it take a bus as if you going to Benin republic...and clear your doubt.
You must be igbo, if you dare denied it thunder will fire you nonsense. grin

17 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tribunal Nullifies Bayelsa Governorship Election / Military Gunships Kill 1,000 Cows In Nasarawa (Photo) / PDP Convention: Most South-east Delegates Voted Atiku –sources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.