Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation (14414 Views)

#WTO-DG: Okonjo-Iweala Suggested As New WTO Chief, But US Vetoes / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Buhari In Aso Rock / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Visits Kibera, Africa's Largest Slum (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by TheRareGem1(f): 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2021
The new Director-General of the World Trade Organisation, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, on Tuesday, paid a courtesy call on Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo at the State House in Abuja.

Dr Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala used the opportunity to thank the vice-president for his unalloyed support through the long and arduous process that saw her emergence as the first African and first female director-general of the global trade and settlement body in the over 26-year record of the organisation.

The 66-year-old former finance minister and ex-World Bank Director is on her first working visit to Nigeria after she resumed office as WTO chief on 1st March 2021.

Okonjo-Iweala had also met with President Muhammadu Buhari at Aso Villa on Monday to show her appreciation for the support she received from the All Progressives Congress government from her nomination to her emergence as WTO chief.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/wto-dg-okonjo-iweala-visits-osinbajo-expresses-her-appreciation/amp/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 16, 2021
I don't like this woman, her sabi sabi too much, she will be doing as if she's the only one that knows how to do everything,madam ITK mtchewww. take this comment with a pinch of salt

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by TheRareGem1(f): 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
Congratulations to madam. Two patriotic souls.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by uptimum123(m): 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2021
Don't mention madam
Naija to the world

6 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Henrydonland(m): 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2021
I knew that Buhari had a hand in her appointment as the wto.
Wait o,what should I do with this news now.

10 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by kettykin: 6:32pm On Mar 16, 2021
What exactly did Osinbajo do for NOI
This woman should be very careful because she is a threat to some people's ambition whose only qualification is that they are loyal to some nincompoop

8 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by afroedo: 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2021
when is mama visiting us here in nairaland for our support cheesy grin

17 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by plaindealer: 6:54pm On Mar 16, 2021
grin grin

16 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:09am On Mar 17, 2021
undecided
Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by hischoice(m): 6:10am On Mar 17, 2021
The higher you fly, the less hate you harbour in your heart.

You begin to see humans as "tools" for production and growth, not much as colors, faiths and ethnicities.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Goldenheart(m): 6:10am On Mar 17, 2021
cool

2 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Cooldiipo(m): 6:11am On Mar 17, 2021
We are all proud of you Ngozi, accept my condolence on the passage of your Dad. You made him proud He has a girl, to all those nagging their wife and blaming her for giving birth to girl, i hope you are watching the rise and rise of this woman. Don't sow ember of discord into your family because you may end up lonely and miserable in the future if you don't embrace your God-given damsels now. I have for sale lithium battery for laptop and inverter. Guaranteed over ten hours,solar,phcn and generator compatible. It is the discipline and training you put into your girl child that helps them to face the future plus na dem sabi take care of parent pass.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:12am On Mar 17, 2021
Grateful heart.

Madam Ngozi was so full of thanks and encomiums for our Darling 24 hours ago.

A woman so grateful.

Okonjo-Iweala to President Muhammadu Buhari.

The new WTO boss commended Buhari for the pulsating support she received from the country in the race for the position.

She said, “You nominated me; you wrote hundreds of letters, called up hundreds of world leaders.

“Without your personal and direct intervention, it may not have worked. The people of Nigeria also supported me massively.

“The youths were wonderful, always encouraging, backing me up on social media.

“Mr President, the world recognises what you have done. Since its establishment, only men have led the WTO.

“Now, a woman has emerged for the first time, and she’s a Nigerian. We are so honoured.”

She added that the support and leadership of Buhari would help her a lot in her position as DG.

Okonjo-Iweala assumed office on March 1, 2021 as the first female DG of the WTO.

Buhari told Okonjo-Iweala, that despite the robust support Nigeria gave to her candidacy for the position, “You also earned it.”

He said, “We are happy you made it, but you earned it with your record of performance both at home and abroad.”

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by saferoom: 6:12am On Mar 17, 2021
But why is this woman not Nigerian President? If she is too good to head WTO, why do we donate our best?
She can be President while Dr Adeshina of AfDB can be Vice President and see how Nigeria will be respected and regain her lost Glory.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by humberjade: 6:12am On Mar 17, 2021
Don't be surprised that it was actually Osinbajo that made all those crucial calls to the "world leaders" as mentioned earlier by NOI. No disrespect, Osinbajo is a better communicator than President Buhari....so it is very likely that he was the one that put out very strong words on her behalf. grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by straighttalk(m): 6:12am On Mar 17, 2021
Correct
Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by elmessiahs(m): 6:12am On Mar 17, 2021
more wisdom upon you ma'am, if Nigeria doesn't want to move ahead, force them.
Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by sammyboyz21(m): 6:13am On Mar 17, 2021
Brain box

1 Like

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by omazus: 6:14am On Mar 17, 2021
Don't hate her Madam. I don't know how tall you are but she is truly a giant. Didn't you see how the people who talked ill of her in the past all bowed on coming face to face with her. That's the giant effect. You will do so too when you meet her. Sister Ngozi please fly nonstop. We love you and we will continue to celebrate you. The good the enemy can't be she castigates.

Zzor:
I don't like this woman, her sabi sabi too much, she will be doing as if she's the only one that knows how to do everything,madam ITK mtchewww

9 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:14am On Mar 17, 2021
OBJ and PMB means a lot to her,,
Especially PMB.

The new WTO boss commended Buhari for the pulsating support she received from the country in the race for the position.

She said, “You nominated me; you wrote hundreds of letters, called up hundreds of world leaders.

“Without your personal and direct intervention, it may not have worked. The people of Nigeria also supported me massively.

“The youths were wonderful, always encouraging, backing me up on social media.

“Mr President, the world recognises what you have done. Since its establishment, only men have led the WTO.

“Now, a woman has emerged for the first time, and she’s a Nigerian. We are so honoured.”

She added that the support and leadership of Buhari would help her a lot in her position as DG.

Watch some kids not worth to be her house boy typing trash and jargons about her cos she is giving honour to whom it is due.

Uncultured Frustrated tins everywhere.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Goldenheart(m): 6:15am On Mar 17, 2021
Zzor:
I don't like this woman, her sabi sabi too much, she will be doing as if she's the only one that knows how to do everything,madam ITK mtchewww

Support your fellow gender wink you guys are going through a lot already

4 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by elmessiahs(m): 6:16am On Mar 17, 2021
inform them of how important competition is our depleted economy

1 Like

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by pointstores(m): 6:16am On Mar 17, 2021
Nice one
Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by RuddyFusion(m): 6:16am On Mar 17, 2021
Look at a very Presidential picture....

I'm Igbo but will like Osi Baba to have a shot at it come 2023...

With him and his likes following, things will turn for better for Nigeria....

What we need is few progressive to hold the reigns of office and things we look up for Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Wallade(m): 6:17am On Mar 17, 2021
Zzor:

Oh shut up. Stop being Jealous, you know say she sabi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Zetty177x: 6:17am On Mar 17, 2021
Good one...

But why Osi shoes and Mama shoes de like that grin shocked?

1 Like

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Wallade(m): 6:19am On Mar 17, 2021
kettykin:
What exactly did Osinbajo do for NOI
This woman should be very careful because she is a threat to some people's ambition whose only qualification is that they are loyal to some nincompoop

Why are you being disrespectful? She has her reason for the visit to Osinbajo.

6 Likes

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by Goldenheart(m): 6:20am On Mar 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:20am On Mar 17, 2021
Better woman
Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by sammyj: 6:22am On Mar 17, 2021
cool
Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by janedonez(m): 6:24am On Mar 17, 2021
Great people
Re: WTO DG Okonjo-Iweala Visits Osinbajo, Expresses Her Appreciation by flexyrule(m): 6:25am On Mar 17, 2021
Zzor:
She doesn't likes you too....

Oh I forgot, she doesn't even know you exist.
So Fvk off!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hoodlums Attack Anambra Police Station In Idemili North, Kill Three / Allen Onyema Says His Benue Intervention Is For Peace, Not Politics / Police Council Confirms Baba As IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.