Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria (798 Views)

2 Groups Of Masquerades Seen Fighting Dirty Over An Undisclosed Issue (vid) / The Groups Of People That Make Up Ijaw (photos). / Top 4 Richest Tribes In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by YoussufAp(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2019
There is a question that is on my mind. As a foreigner, how would one gain an understanding of the cultural situation in Nigeria?
Nigeria seems like a gigantic and complex structure. What is holding it together? And what defines Nigeria as a nation?

Re: Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2019
Impersonation is bad.

Go and register and represent who you are.

Men are burning in hell now.
Re: Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by YoussufAp(m): 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Impersonation is bad.

Go and register and represent who you are.

Men are burning in hell now.

I trust that there will be others who will argue in good character instead of attempting to derail a conversation before it has even begun.
Re: Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by gregyboy(m): 7:43am On Nov 29, 2019
YoussufAp:

I trust that there will be others who will argue in good character instead of attempting to derail a conversation before it has even begun.

You're completely mad for that mapping were you and the map maker high when you created the map...
We now only have 3 tribes in nigeria

Bloody aboki
Re: Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by YoussufAp(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2019
gregyboy:

You're completely mad for that mapping were you and the map maker high when you created the map...
We now only have 3 tribes in nigeria

Bloody aboki
The map was not created by me, although I do suspect that it is meant to only represent cultural and linguistic hegemony, and does not claim to be an in-depth picture of all existing tribes. As if I was not aware that Nigeria had a wider variety of different tribes.
But please excuse my ignorance. If you had anything else to contribute?
Re: Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by gregyboy(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2019
YoussufAp:

The map was not created by me, although I do suspect that it is meant to only represent cultural and linguistic hegemony, and does not claim to be an in-depth picture of all existing tribes. As if I was not aware that Nigeria had a wider variety of different tribes.
But please excuse my ignorance. If you had anything else to contribute?

That map should have not been posted ...
You simply igniting tribalism...
You know Nigeria is more diverse than that
Then why did then go ahead to post this wrong map i feel insulted from a minor ethnic ...by that map....
Please take it off...
Is either a true representation or none
Re: Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by gregyboy(m): 8:57pm On Nov 29, 2019
You're a foreigner ...but please take that map off post a more detailed map then we can revist your question
Re: Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by Olu317(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2019
YoussufAp:
There is a question that is on my mind. As a foreigner, how would one gain an understanding of the cultural situation in Nigeria?
Nigeria seems like a gigantic and complex structure. What is holding it together? And what defines Nigeria as a nation?

1. Description of Nigeria is wrong. This is because Nigeria is more than 100 ethnic groups linguistically with over sub ethnic of 250+ .

2.An understanding of Nigeria is through her culture. One can know this by visiting each ethnic group to understand how each ethnic group define her worldview.

3. Yes, Nigeria is complex with so many difference in ideology and form of each ethnic form of civility.

4.British conspiracy is holding Nigeria together because she bought,‘The Royal Niger Company' , which became the name of Nigeria ( Niger~ Area).All thanks to Frederick Lord Luggard and his wife . This company was a mercantile company chartered by the British government in the nineteenth century. It was formed in 1879 as the United African Company.

4.As far as I am concern,Nigeria is defined as a nation by her flag.Beside,she is placed as a country created to be the most populous English language speakers in Africa,which make it a hoax unity. Southern Nigeria and Northern Central have an ideology which based mostly on western education while the core Northern East and North west basically have an ideology based on Arabic oriented ideology.
Re: Tribes And Groups Of Nigeria by nlPoster: 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2019

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Dry Pepper Business In Nigeria And Make Money! / The Oldest Living Tree In Africa Which Had A Bar Inside Its Trunk / Yoruba Please What Is The Meaning Of “oduduwa” In Your Language??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.