Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) (5157 Views)

Philippe Ndour Ft Viviane Chidid – Sama Everything Lyrics / MUSIC: Burna Boy - Level Up Ft. Youssou Ndour ••• / Burna Boy Ft. Youssou N'dour – Level Up Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by voltron14: 11:23am On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

Una doh oh. Eyin elderly ones

Was a kid but an attentive one.

Yes, I'm in my 40s.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 11:24am On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

I have always found this song fascinating because it is so...energetic

What exactly is LA '84?

The colourful flashlights that they gave every member of the audience (so that they could create amazing patterns).
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 11:24am On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

The 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. Peter Konyegwachi, Innocent Egbunike, Oliver Orok, Ironbar Bassey, etc.

The space man with the jet pack on his back.

The Los Angeles Forum (or was it the Coliseum? I can't remember)
My parents were not even born in 1984 grin
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 11:25am On Nov 29, 2019
voltron14:

Yes, I'm in my 40s.
Daddy wa, I hail. cheesy

I'm a teenager. 17 years this past October.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 11:27am On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

The colourful flashlights that they gave every member of the audience (so that they could create amazing patterns).
Must have been really colourful. I don't think I have ever watched any Olympic opening ceremony, no thanks to NEPA.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 11:29am On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

The 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles. Peter Konyegwachi, Innocent Egbunike, Oliver Orok, Ironbar Bassey, etc.

It was the Coliseum.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 11:29am On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

Sounds Japanese.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 11:30am On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

It was the Coliseum.
The only Coliseum I am familiar with is the Niteshift Coliseum smiley
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 11:31am On Nov 29, 2019
voltron14:

Yes, I'm in my 40s.
Jokes aside though, you seem to have a very good memory. I can barely remember shows from my early childhood.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 11:32am On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

Sounds Japanese.

That was probably the most exciting event at the 1984 Olympics for me.

Peter Konyegwachi of Nigeria got to the final of the boxing competition where he faced Meldrick Taylor of the US.

It was an epic battle and most people believed that Konyegwachi beat Taylor, but the judges decided that Taylor won on points.

Anyway, that silver medal was the highest medal that we got at that Olympic Games (we also won a few bronze medals courtesy of Egbunike and co).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Konyegwachie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 11:43am On Nov 29, 2019
Whenever I hear this song i think of DBN Television.

I miss the 90s cry

Billy Ocean- When the Going gets Tough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n3sUWR4FV4

3 Likes

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by voltron14: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

Daddy wa, I hail. cheesy

I'm a teenager. 17 years this past October.

Mind if I Piss on you?

Sorry, i just had to go R.kelly on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2019
voltron14:

Mind if I Piss on you?

Sorry, i just had to go R.kelly on you.
LMAO!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ornicus are you sure this isn't your alt? This is exactly something you will write

Uncle Voltron14, kindly hold your piss but give me dazzling uppercuts with wads of naira notes. wink cheesy
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 5:54pm On Nov 29, 2019
Toto? Seriously?? I love the song, but I never knew the name of the group until now.... embarassed

Toto- Africa grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTQbiNvZqaY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:
Toto? Seriously?? I love the song, but I never knew the name of the group until now.... embarassed

You didn't know?

I have a treat for you. Read the Wikipedia article about them (I hope it hasn't been changed).
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by J2381: 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

funny you didn't find that title disturbing. grin
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

You didn't know?

I have a treat for you. Read the Wikipedia article about them (I hope it hasn't been changed).
I know the song but not the group

Off to Google
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 7:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
J2381:
funny you didn't find that title disturbing. grin
Not disturbing. Just discomfiting grin

Althought Heroclitus and Toto are almost at par tongue

1 Like

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

You didn't know?

Emmm, nothing really mind-blowing. Just their history, discography etc

So there is even a dog named Toto?? grin
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

Emmm, nothing really mind-blowing. Just their history, discography etc

So there is even a dog named Toto?? grin

Yeah it's gone. I saw it many years ago. They tried to explain that the word means something else in Nigeria.

The dog is in the Wizard of Oz movie.

(Have you watched The Wizard of Oz?)
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

Yeah it's gone. I saw it many years ago. They tried to explain that the word means something else in Nigeria.

The dog is in the Wizard of Oz movie.

(Have you watched The Wizard of Oz?)
I watched it many years ago.

So, do they know that Toto means something else entirely in Nigeria?
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

I watched it many years ago.

So, do they know that Toto means something else entirely in Nigeria?

I don't know if the band knows, but it was included in a Wikipedia entry about the band. I read it many years ago.

Toto is also the name of a place (or many places) in northern Nigeria.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:28pm On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

I don't know if the band knows, but it was included in a Wikipedia entry about the band. I read it many years ago.

Toto is also the name of a place (or many places) in northern Nigeria.
Sweetheart, enough of this Toto talk embarassed
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

I agree. Let's talk about why you deactivated your account. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

@naptu2, please disregard this vulgarian

we will teach her english today. we are retrieving her grammer nazi title from her

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/in%20toto

in toto

If you believe a fortune teller's prediction about your future in toto, it means you accept the truth of everything he says. In toto means "all together" or "without exception."

Use the adverbial phrase in toto when you want a formal way to say "entirely." You might come across in toto in a legal document or a work of literature, or you could explain how you took your college adviser's recommendations in toto, and signed up for every class she suggested. In toto is Latin, from the root word totus, "whole or entire."

in entirety
“they bought the business in toto”
“in recommendations were adopted in toto”

or does someone needs her toto handled intoto

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
naptu2:

I agree. Let's talk about why you deactivated your account. grin
Oh yes. That remains a mystery to everyone, myself included cheesy
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2019
ornicus:

@naptu2, please disregard this vulgarian

we will teach her english today. we are retrieving her grammer nazi title from her

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/in%20toto

or does someone needs her toto handled intoto
No thanks, I do not need my lady bits mauled to a swollen, throbbing mass angry
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by J2381: 9:26pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

grin grin
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Heroclitus(m): 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ishilove:

You mentioned my name ma, and I don't even understand what you're talking about
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by McSterling(m): 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
Ishilove:
Whenever I hear this song i think of DBN Television.

I miss the 90s cry

Billy Ocean- When the Going gets Tough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n3sUWR4FV4

Wow! Thanks for this. I've been looking for this song for years. Didn't know the lyrics or who sang it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by J2381: 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
naptu2:

Nehneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance (1989)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWsRz3TJDEY
bro seriously how old was Nene Cherry in this video? She looks so different from the Neneh Cherry in 7 seconds.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
I know for a certainty that I was alive in this era. This can only explain why the electronic guitar accompaniment and their hairstyles are giving me goosebumps.

Tina Charles- I Love to Love. 1976

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS7YL8JCSzo

Tina Charles- Dance Little Lady, Dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1hEl4hciSA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Music: KCEE – Ogadinma DOWNLOAD HERE / Download|kiss Daniel X Wizkid – Good Time (wizkid Version) / Lara George's Version Of 'Mumi Dele'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.