Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,923 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) (5194 Views)

Philippe Ndour Ft Viviane Chidid – Sama Everything Lyrics / MUSIC: Burna Boy - Level Up Ft. Youssou Ndour ••• / Burna Boy Ft. Youssou N'dour – Level Up Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 4:23am On Apr 29, 2020
Gwen Dickey almost reduced me to tears with her performance of wishing on a star and love dont live here anymore at symphony hall B'ham back then in 2011. They will be back again at the same venue this September 3rd and God willing,I'll be there. I pray Rose Norwalt(her later ego)make it too.Alongside Diana Ross they are forever my crush.
Ishilove:
If you are going to through a break up, this song is for you.

*sigh* cry

Rose Royce - Love don't live here anymore 1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gFAiPJhvI

Also by Rose Royce- I'm Wishing On a Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfNoGx7KJY4

Goosebumps...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 4:29am On Apr 29, 2020
DBN on Awolowo road.Was envious of a cousin who interned there around 93/94. What could have killed that brand? Clapperboard around Cadbury in Ikeja comes to my mind too.
Ishilove:

Cyndi Lauper was such a fun person. Seriously.

I can't listen to the Commodores without thinking of DBN television. The sweet, carefree days of childhood long gone
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 7:32am On Apr 29, 2020
GEEBITE:
Gwen Dickey almost reduced me to tears with her performance of wishing on a star and love dont live here anymore at symphony hall B'ham back then in 2011. They will be back again at the same venue this September 3rd and God willing,I'll be there. I pray Rose Norwalt(her later ego)make it too.Alongside Diana Ross they are forever my crush.
The song was on replay when I was going through a breakup. I had to quit it after I realised I spent 10 valuable minutes of life crying. grin

Does Gwen still have it in her? I hope they will still be able to make it September 3 because no one factored in Covik1-9 grin
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 7:33am On Apr 29, 2020
GEEBITE:
DBN on Awolowo road.Was envious of a cousin who interned there around 93/94. What could have killed that brand? Clapperboard around Cadbury in Ikeja comes to my mind too.
I should think mismanagement...? Bad loans?
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 8:47am On Apr 29, 2020
She still got the groove in that voice. It was earlier billed for the summer,Covid forced the promoters to move the show till September.
Are you interested in going?
Ishilove:

The song was on replay when I was going through a breakup. I had to quit it after I realised I spent 10 valuable minutes of life crying. grin

Does Gwen still have it in her? I hope they will still be able to make it September 3 because no one factored in Covik1-9 grin

1 Like

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 8:56am On Apr 29, 2020
GEEBITE:

Ishilove:

I should think mismanagement...? Bad loans?

You'll be shocked to find out that it still exists. They've kind of changed their name to DMS because the government set up an organisation known as Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN).

They seem to appear and disappear because their mode of transmitting and the kind of business they do keeps changing. Once upon a time they were a PR and TV production company (1985-1993), then they began broadcasting with transmitters at Eko Court and studios at their regular office on Awolowo Road, then they moved to Abuja, then they returned to Lagos but moved their studios to Lekki (just a short walk away from me), then they went off air around 2012 when a rainstorm made their mast fall on their building, then they came back on air around 2016 and were rebroadcasting content from Kwese TV, then they moved again in December 2018 and I can now barely get their signals.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:57am On Apr 29, 2020
GEEBITE:
She still got the groove in that voice. It was earlier billed for the summer,Covid forced the promoters to move the show till September.
Are you interested in going?
Oh yes I am very interested in going. I am a soul child. If I had been born in an earlier era i would have been a hippie grin
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:58am On Apr 29, 2020
naptu2:

You'll be shocked to find out that it still exists. They've kind of changed their name to DMS because the government set up an organisation known as Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN).

They seem to appear and disappear because their mode of transmitting and the kind of business they do keeps changing. Once upon a time they were a PR and TV production company (1985-1993), then they began broadcasting with transmitters at Eko Court and studios at their regular office on Awolowo Road, then they moved to Abuja, then they returned to Lagos but moved their studios to Lekki (just a short walk away from me), then they went off air around 2012 when a rainstorm made their mast fall on their building, then they came back on air around 2016 and were rebroadcasting content from Kwese TV, then they moved again in December 2018 and I can now barely get their signals.
Now this is news. I am shocked shocked
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 9:00am On Apr 29, 2020
Ishilove:

Now this is news. I am shocked shocked

I'll take a picture of their office in Lekki for you later today. I've been following them since they packaged the 1985 Under 16 tournament. They've been changing continuously since then (one of my relatives was involved in auditing the firm c1994 when they were still on Awolowo Road).
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 9:11am On Apr 29, 2020
naptu2:

I'll take a picture of their office in Lekki for you later today. I've been following them since they packaged the 1985 Under 16 tournament. They've been changing continuously since then (one of my relatives was involved in auditing the firm c1994 when they were still on Awolowo Road).
Thanks dear. I will appreciate it
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 9:53am On Apr 29, 2020
Yeah I recall one of their main promoters Osa Sunny Adun(hope I got the name right),a PR Guru. How on earth did he allow that brilliant media outfit turned a yo-yo stuff like that. They brought us most games of USA 94 world cup live.
naptu2:

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 9:57am On Apr 29, 2020
I will pay your 33quid ticket for the show but I am not sure about the train or air ticket(whichever apply) sha
Lol.
Ishilove:

Oh yes I am very interested in going. I am a soul child. If I had been born in an earlier era i would have been a hippie grin
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 10:10am On Apr 29, 2020
This is one of their videos from October 2017. They had changed their name to DMS when they made this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTP03d6veB8
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2020
GEEBITE:
I will pay your 33quid ticket for the show but I am not sure about the train or air ticket(whichever apply) sha
Lol.
Hahahahaha!! I am going to remind you when it is time because I am taking you up on your offer cheesy

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate this smiley
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2020
On my honour,cash reserved in my piggy bank account.Till then
Ishilove:

Hahahahaha!! I am going to remind you when it is time because I am taking you up on your offer cheesy

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate this smiley

1 Like

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 10:29am On Apr 29, 2020
Little wonder you are quite knowledgeable in many areas of interest.
naptu2:

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2020
GEEBITE:
On my honour,cash reserved in my piggy bank account.Till then
I hope the piggy bank has a combination key? We wouldn't want anyone getting to it before I do grin
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 10:58am On Apr 29, 2020
GEEBITE:
Little wonder you are quite knowledgeable in many areas of interest.
He is our resident Walking Encyclopedia
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2020
It is actually e-piggy bank,even my ATM can not access it.
Ishilove:

I hope the piggy bank has a combination key? We wouldn't want anyone getting to it before I do grin

1 Like

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by GEEBITE: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2020
I do follow his posts,always in-depth,no flattery.Big up man.
Ishilove:

He is our resident Walking Encyclopedia

1 Like

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 11:40am On Apr 29, 2020
GEEBITE:
It is actually e-piggy bank,even my ATM can not access it.
Then we wait! cheesy

Thanks a lot smiley
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 01, 2020
naptu2:

Nene Cheryy was very famous in the 1990s and early 2000s. Her younger brother, Eagle Eye Cherry also became famous in the early 2000s and this is my favourite song of his.

I am sorry for derailing but please just let me, okay?
Hello naptu2
Hope you are keeping safe? Do you remember a Nigerian horror series “beyond the realm” that showed a long time ago? I don’t even remember if it was on NTA or our local Enugu channel. Nobody I know has heard of it cry. As a child the adults around me were watching it and I was watching too, as far as my mind could grasp. I even remember another horror film, “the lost finger”? They scared me like no end. Even till today I still am disturbed by the way the films made me feel cheesy
Well, I would like to know I am not the only human being that remembers these? Sometimes when I was meant to be asleep I would curl up in the living room, and pretend to be asleep while peep-watching and listening.
Cheers

I remember- if not for the fact that my siblings also remember snippets of these two movies (or at least the terror we felt about them)? I would say they were vivid dreams I had as child, and not what I saw on TV.
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 10:15am On May 09, 2020
Johnny Nash!! This guy's voice is as sweet as honey and he gave me a earworm

I Can See Clearly Now-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FscIgtDJFXg
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 10:18am On May 09, 2020
Rock Me Baby- Johnny Nash

My mum likes this one in particular. Whenever it played back then my mum would remind me "Ishi, you were not born when they sang this song" grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBjWMyjzb3g
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:09pm On May 16, 2020
Naptu2, I've been searching for this song since forever!! This is one of the songs that defined my childhood

Papa Wemba- O'ko Ningena cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Vguw2j281U
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 8:22pm On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:
Naptu2, I've been searching for this song since forever!! This is one of the songs that defined my childhood

These are the songs by Papa Wemba that I know.

1) Papa Wemba - Yolele (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRPuK_kbOg

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 8:24pm On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:

2) Papa Wemba - Sala Keba (1995).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uso-23XEBzo
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by naptu2: 8:33pm On May 16, 2020
naptu2:
You must know this song if you watched NTA2 Channel 5 between 1987-1993. You might not know the name of the song, but you must know the song.

Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVmS0SSSdWM

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:41pm On May 16, 2020
naptu2:

These are the songs by Papa Wemba that I know.

1) Papa Wemba - Yolele (1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRPuK_kbOg
Now this brings back memories smiley
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by Ishilove: 8:42pm On May 16, 2020
naptu2:

Who doesn't know Yeke Yeke? This song is a classic
Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by amaisaba: 1:49pm On May 17, 2020
Oh wow PR and TV company @ Eko Court? Do they have a license?

naptu2:

Re: Youssou Ndour- Living Legend (7 Seconds) by AbdulSleeky: 10:20am On Oct 11, 2020
naptu2:

Listen to the guitars and humming

Eagle Eye Cherry - Save Tonight (1997)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nntd2fgMUYw

One of my favourite songs.....summer 1997 or 1998. Jamiroquai, spice girls etc......I miss the 90s in the UK.

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Break Down Of Davido's Hit Jam FIA Lyrics / Faze Originality Instrumental? / Bouqui`s Take Me Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.