Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,097 members, 7,953,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:46 PM

How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? (11550 Views)

Mekowulu Precious Chibuzor Had First Class In Law School / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Pr0cter: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2019
By just giving back the lecturer what they gave to you
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by bizhop01: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2019
In law school everyone always pass,
you can't fail same exam up to four consecutives time, if you do you must wait for one year before you reapply.
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by rolams(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2019
What kind of question is this? Ok. Go there and start running after girls, eat too much, sleep alot, don't attend classes and always rude to your lecturers.

Nonsense question!
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Vinceobrian(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
Give ur exam officer 10M naira, ur first class is sure.....if u knw u knw
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2019
barrymayor00:

Exactly
Law profession is a scam
I was earning as low as 25k before and I work like madt
Wake up by 5am, come back home sometimes 10pm

Till I decided to Japa
Now I am happy
pls what did u do that made u happy ?
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by mechanics(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
Put more effort than what you did in your undergraduate degree.
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by frubben(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2019
Which kind question be dis one.
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by toprealman: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2019
Check the lawyers on top of their game......how many made a first class?
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
go learn work oga. law school na scam
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Jeffy1206(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2019
stevmatt:
Study your Bible three times a day.
Fast three times a day
Pray three times a day
And read for 30 munites a day.

You will thank me later
your nyas*h undecided angry
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by oostin: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
How everyone else makes a 1st class, through discipline and dedication to your studies.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by BaRaF: 2:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
itiswellwithme:
Put in your best!

Will that guarantee you an offer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by subcbouy: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2019
Poorboy:
From third class in the university to first class in law school....... Na miracle you need oooo
Miracle of two species, hard labour or card favour. Intensive boardroom, if you know, you know.
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by xjiggy: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
Just study hard and well. That's all
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
BREYZ:
Believe in yourself, focus and look up to God. It is much easier to make a first class in the Nigerian Law School now than before because of the reviewed grading system.
Good Luck!

I will appreciate it if you throw more light on the reviewed grading system.
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by nextstep(m): 3:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
Stop reading and posting on social media. That alone will improve your grades. cool
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by 1Sharon(f): 3:37pm On Nov 29, 2019
TissuePaper:
I noticed that this past law school set really had lots of first class more than i have ever seen before, i am to go for law school by January so i just wanted to find out if there are any special tips and patterns to follow that can guarantee a good grade, preferably a first class in law school.

Have you ever been kissed violently?
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by mysticgal(f): 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2019
TissuePaper:
I noticed that this past law school set really had lots of first class more than i have ever seen before, i am to go for law school by January so i just wanted to find out if there are any special tips and patterns to follow that can guarantee a good grade, preferably a first class in law school.

Lol, see, do you. Don’t let all these ‘ read till you forget yourself’ faze you. Two of my best friends got a first class in this set called to the bar yesterday. Guess what? ... one is a party animal but if she opens her books,once it sticks. The other one, na film go kill am but she reads at night.

Do you, learn your body, learn when you like to read, how many hours you read before being saturated, how your brain works. Do you, you’d get it. Congrats in advance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TreasureJunky: 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2019
What you got in your first degree will determine if you will come out with first class or not in the law school..
What they do there is exactly what you did in your undergraduate school
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
Jeffy1206:
your nyas*h undecided angry

Na buttock i get I no get nyash
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by CSTR2: 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2019
Read like a mad man, solve past questions, be Friends with the brilliant course mates, respect your teachers, and pray like a mad man for divine favour.

It worked for me in engineering, I don't see why it won't work in law school.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by CanadaOrBust: 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2019
TissuePaper:
Are any special tips and patterns to follow that can guarantee a good grade, preferably a first class in law school.

If u have to ask this, forget it - you ain’t making it
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Flows001(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
@Op We have d same spirit..that first class we must get am next year by d special grace of God. I was really impressed with d number of first class students that emerged even though that of last year was more.. MAY GOD HELP ALL N.L.S 2020 SET.
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Flows001(m): 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

If u have to ask this, forget it - you ain’t making it
I agree with you. People are different, what worked for student A may not work for student B. Op I think all what we need at d moment is a determined spirit and to set it as a priority, do anything it takes within ur power as a student, PLAN well, av sufficient rest and above all DRAW CLOSER TO GOD. Coz av heard stories of persons who after putting 100% in preparation, some silly mistakes deprived them of first class so, it all boils down to God Las Las. Good luck to us all!!
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by kemiyetunde: 4:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by CanadaOrBust: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2019
Flows001:
I agree with you. People are different, what worked for student A may not work for student B. Op I think all what we need at d moment is a determined spirit and to set it as a priority, do anything it takes within ur power as a student, PLAN well, av sufficient rest and above all DRAW CLOSER TO GOD. Coz av heard stories of persons who after putting 100% in preparation, some silly mistakes deprived them of first class so, it all boils down to God Las Las. Good luck to us all!!

Suppose he doesn’t believe God has anything to do with it, and believes instead that it is up to him himself to be extra careful to avoid any “silly mistakes”. And if in the end he can’t avoid them, accept full responsibility and any consequences, acknowledging God had nothing to do with it. Which system do u think is better?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2019
1Sharon:

Have you ever been kissed violently?
why asking ?
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 4:57pm On Nov 29, 2019
mysticgal:

Lol, see, do you. Don’t let all these ‘ read till you forget yourself’ faze you. Two of my best friends got a first class in this set called to the bar yesterday. Guess what? ... one is a party animal but if she opens her books,once it sticks. The other one, na film go kill am but she reads at night.

Do you, learn your body, learn when you like to read, how many hours you read before being saturated, how your brain works. Do you, you’d get it. Congrats in advance
thanks for this

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by royalads: 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
@OP. I am advising you to start reading RIGHT NOW. Don't wait till end of January when classes resume. Get in touch with one of the peeps that was called this week, collect their notes (e-notes), classroom notes and textbooks and start reading now.

Also, pay very close attention to your drafts. Drafting is everything in the legal profession and you get to draft in all the 5 courses offered in the Law school. So start drafting now.

Don't forget to start networking before and after law school. The quality of your practice as a lawyer will depend on the quality of your clients.

Finally, ensure you pick a location that will enable them post you to one of the top firms in Lagos or Abuja to do your externship. You will gain practical experience that will help in your Bar Exams and also, you will increase chances of getting retained in the future.
Daz all.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Legendguru: 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2019
Ask your book
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2019
Go and consult the god. Settle or sleep with all the people involved in the marking

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNIZIK 2013/2014 Postgraduate Form Out For Sale / ASUU Strike: Tinubu Calls For State Of Emergency On Education / Is Microbiology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.