Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? (11167 Views)

Mekowulu Precious Chibuzor Had First Class In Law School / Ogedegbe Destiny Osayi, UNIBEN Law Graduate Bags First Class In Law School / Onoriode Aziza Has 3 First Class In Law From OAU, Law School & Cambridge (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
royalads:
@OP. I am advising you to start reading RIGHT NOW. Don't wait till end of January when classes resume. Get in touch with one of the peeps that was called this week, collect their notes (e-notes), classroom notes and textbooks and start reading now.

Also, pay very close attention to your drafts. Drafting is everything in the legal profession and you get to draft in all the 5 courses offered in the Law school. So start drafting now.

Don't forget to start networking before and after law school. The quality of your practice as a lawyer will depend on the quality of your clients.

Finally, ensure you pick a location that will enable them post you to one of the top firms in Lagos or Abuja to do your externship. You will gain practical experience that will help in your Bar Exams and also, you will increase chances of getting retained in the future.
Daz all.
amazing..seems you're a lawyer
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by 1Sharon(f): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2019
TissuePaper:
why asking ?

You may need the the cold room experience to get a 1st
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Fxwarrior: 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2019
barrymayor00:

Exactly
Law profession is a scam
I was earning as low as 25k before and I work like madt
Wake up by 5am, come back home sometimes 10pm

Till I decided to Japa
Now I am happy

Like seriously?
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2019
1Sharon:

You may need the the cold room experience to get a 1st
Sharon i don't think i understand what you're saying...care to expatiate
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Soar2019: 1:02am On Nov 30, 2019
Am sorry, you don’t need First class to be what you want to be in life.. while 1st class may guarantee a ‘flying colors’ it may not guarantee a ‘good job’ and if it does it may not guarantee a ‘wholesome’ success-full career..or good life..
Don’t fall into the ‘trap of rat- race’.

Why not put a ‘picture of your future’ what you want to be in life and what you want to achieve (Total package) of which 1st class may be an integral ... and you must promise yourself that ‘even if you don’t make a 1st class you will still achieve your dream for your life.
I think this helps

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 3:47am On Nov 30, 2019
Soar2019:
Am sorry, you don’t need First class to be what you want to be in life.. while 1st class may guarantee a ‘flying colors’ it may not guarantee a ‘good job’ and if it does it may not guarantee a ‘wholesome’ success-full career..or good life..
Don’t fall into the ‘trap of rat- race’.

Why not put a ‘picture of your future’ what you want to be in life and what you want to achieve (Total package) of which 1st class may be an integral ... and you must promise yourself that ‘even if you don’t make a 1st class you will still achieve your dream for your life.
I think this helps
thank u for this
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by CyberEBOLA(m): 10:21am On Nov 30, 2019
TissuePaper:
I noticed that this past law school set really had lots of first class more than i have ever seen before, i am to go for law school by January so i just wanted to find out if there are any special tips and patterns to follow that can guarantee a good grade, preferably a first class in law school.
MUMU! USE EXPO NA.
For you to ask this dumb question, it shows you are not a first class material. Dont bother yourself.
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 10:30am On Nov 30, 2019
CyberEBOLA:
MUMU! USE EXPO NA.
For you to ask this dumb question, it shows you are not a first class material. Dont bother yourself.
fool ... smiley
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2019
Forget about having a first class in Law School. After your call ceremony, it won't really mean much in your career. What matters is how you can qualify as a lawyer and become determined to practice in a highly competitive and saturated market of over 150 thousand lawyers. This year alone over eight thousand persons have become lawyers, (both in August and in November).

I got a pass in law school when having a first class was not watered-down. Today, I make over 7 figures in naira every month, due to hard work and determination. I live in Nigeria, but I earn most of my legal fees in dollars from private legal practice. And I am less than 5 years at the bar.

When you come into the legal job market, you will realized that 95% of employers won't bother to know what grade you got at law school except you volunteer to tell them. They really don't give a fvck. Highest they will ask you is "have you been called?"

Almost none of them will ever ask you to present your certificates for an employment in chambers. That was what I observed when I was scouting for employment in law chambers immediately after my call.

Don't over stress yourself at law school. Just get called, come in and distinguished yourself. That's all.

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 5:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
MostIncredibleDFirst:
Forget about having a first class in Law School. After your call ceremony, it won't really mean much in your career. What matters is how you can qualify as a lawyer and become determined to practice in a highly competitive and saturated market of over 150 thousand lawyers. This year alone over eight thousand persons have become lawyers, (both in August and in November).

I got a pass in law school when having a first class was not watered-down. Today, I make over 7 figures in naira every month, due to hard work and determination. I live in Nigeria, but I earn most of my legal fees in dollars from private legal practice. And I am less than 5 years at the bar.

When you come into the legal job market, you will realized that 95% of employers won't bother to know what grade you got at law school except you volunteer to tell them. They really don't give a fvck. Highest they will ask you is "have you been called?"

Almost none of them will ever ask you to present your certificates for an employment in chambers. That was what I observed when I was scouting for employment in law chambers immediately after my call.

Don't over stress yourself at law school. Just get called, come in and distinguished yourself. That's all.
thank you pls can i have your contact, i need u to mentor me

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2019
Flows001:
I agree with you. People are different, what worked for student A may not work for student B. Op I think all what we need at d moment is a determined spirit and to set it as a priority, do anything it takes within ur power as a student, PLAN well, av sufficient rest and above all DRAW CLOSER TO GOD. Coz av heard stories of persons who after putting 100% in preparation, some silly mistakes deprived them of first class so, it all boils down to God Las Las. Good luck to us all!!

My cousin graduated law school with a first class honors and she doesn't even have a faith. My step brother just recently graduated with a first class honors in Nuclear Engineering. Anyone who knows about NE would certainly agree that it is arguably the toughest engineering major. My brother has a faith but I wouldn't call him religious. So between my cousin and my step brother what do they have in common? Will, determination and discipline. It all boils down to these three unless you are just retarrded.

I don't understand why Nigerians rely heavily on divine assistance for virtually everything they can do on their own. Go on quora and you read stories of human beings like you who against all odds became very successful in their fields because they worked their asses off and were determined to succeed despite their irreligiousness. I am a irreligious person myself. My hard work in college saw me graduate with a 4.0. Maybe I didn't work hard enough or I am just not as intelligent as my cousin and brother even though I tried my best to grad top of my class.

The point is we humans don't need divine assistant to do things we already have the power to do. Some times we underestimate ourselves just because we want to give undeserved credits to a god we have never seen. Yikes

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2019
iRyan:

My cousin graduated law school with a first class honors and she doesn't even have a faith. My step brother just recently graduated with a first class honors in Nuclear Engineering. Anyone who knows about NE would certainly agree that it is arguably the toughest engineering major. My brother has a faith but I wouldn't call him religious. So between my cousin and my step brother what do they have in common? Will, determination and discipline. It all boils down to these three unless you are just retarded.

I don't understand why Nigerians heavily rely on divine assistance for virtually everything they can do on their own. Go on quora and you read stories of human beings like you who against all odds became very successful in their fields because they worked their asses off and were determined to succeed despite their irreligiousness. I am a irreligious person myself. My hard work in college saw me graduate with a 4.0. Maybe I didn't work hard enough or I am just not as intelligent as my cousin and brother even though I tried my best to grad top of my class.

The point is we humans don't need divine assistant to do things we already have the power to do. Some times we underestimate ourselves just because we want to give undeserved credits to a god we have never seen. Yikes
i love this
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by TissuePaper: 10:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
Cc buygala
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by sharone21(f): 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2019
iRyan:

My cousin graduated law school with a first class honors and she doesn't even have a faith. My step brother just recently graduated with a first class honors in Nuclear Engineering. Anyone who knows about NE would certainly agree that it is arguably the toughest engineering major. My brother has a faith but I wouldn't call him religious. So between my cousin and my step brother what do they have in common? Will, determination and discipline. It all boils down to these three unless you are just retarrded.

I don't understand why Nigerians rely heavily on divine assistance for virtually everything they can do on their own. Go on quora and you read stories of human beings like you who against all odds became very successful in their fields because they worked their asses off and were determined to succeed despite their irreligiousness. I am a irreligious person myself. My hard work in college saw me graduate with a 4.0. Maybe I didn't work hard enough or I am just not as intelligent as my cousin and brother even though I tried my best to grad top of my class.

So, to a mere mortal, seeing the end of a course SUCCESSFULLY is giving UNDESERVED credits to a god we have never seen? Have u not heard of people who worked so hard but life wasn't still favourable to them? Work hard BUT don't forget the God factor, grace is like oil in a wheel or fuel in a car.....it is well.

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 02, 2019
sharone21:

So, to a mere mortal, seeing the end of a course SUCCESSFULLY is giving UNDESERVED credits to a god we have never seen? Have u not heard of people who worked so hard but life wasn't still favourable to them? Work hard BUT don't forget the God factor, grace is like oil in a wheel or fuel in a car.....it is well.
Yes and I have also heard of people who worked hard while praying for grace and they still didn't succeed. It goes to show that we are on our own. If people actually get divine assistance, it must a rarity.

There are laws that govern the universe that if people abide by, they won't need to go about looking for a pastor or imam to bestow grace or whatever anointing for success.

The of law of cause and effect is what Nigerians and Africans should live by. What you sow is what you reap.

When we plant a seed in a fertile ground, water it and take good care of it while it grows, do we believe grace was what it took for the plant to grow? Of course not. Nobody goes about shouting "it can only be God" because he planted a seed and it sprouted. Is it grace that when you combine a hydrogen atom and an oxygen atom you would get a water molecule? Is it grace that fire can be made by rapidly grinding pieces of combustible materials?

The universe has given us everything needed to succeed. The only time people should divine assistance should be in rare circumstances like a retarded person praying to make it through school or a farmer planting in an infertile ground and expecting his plants to grow...

Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by AIIAssociates: 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
TissuePaper:
I noticed that this past law school set really had lots of first class more than i have ever seen before, i am to go for law school by January so i just wanted to find out if there are any special tips and patterns to follow that can guarantee a good grade, preferably a first class in law school.

I will post a video that can help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRK46KKR9E&t=2s

Please also make time to view my channel as I have started posting videos that supplement your education at the Law School and make you better prepared for the exams.

Attend your lectures, supplement what you are taught, practice your draft and don't let the work pile up and you will be good to go

See one of the videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USIF-yJ3p4
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by AIIAssociates: 6:33pm On Dec 22, 2019
Flows001:
@Op We have d same spirit..that first class we must get am next year by d special grace of God. I was really impressed with d number of first class students that emerged even though that of last year was more.. MAY GOD HELP ALL N.L.S 2020 SET.
Please see my quote above, maybe helpful to you as well
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by AIIAssociates: 9:47pm On Dec 27, 2019
This lecture treats the following topics:

1. Jurisdiction over a criminal proceeding

2. Types of Jurisdiction such as

Original General Criminal Jurisdiction,
Original Special Criminal Jurisdiction,
Appellate Criminal Jurisdiction,
Worldwide Criminal Jurisdiction,
Subject Matter Jurisdiction,
Offender Jurisdiction,
Territorial Jurisdiction,
Concurrent Jurisdiction,
Exclusive Jurisdiction,
Coordinate Jurisdiction,
Jurisdiction as a matter of Procedural Law,
Jurisdiction as a matter of Substantive Law.

3. Venue of a criminal proceeding

4. Venue and Jurisdiction compared
5. Courts with Criminal Jurisdiction such as

the Supreme Court,
the Court of Appeal,
the Federal High Court,
the High Court of a State,
the High Court of the FCT,
the National Industrial Court,
the Magistrate Court,
the Sharia/Area Court,
the Customary Court,
Court Martial,
Juvenile Court/ Family Court,
Coroner's Court and
the International Criminal Court.

For each of the aforementioned courts, we consider Establishment, Composition/Constitution and Appointment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoKxDaPlc7Q&t=2s
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by AIIAssociates: 1:31am On Dec 28, 2019
Posting Part 1 of the 4 Part Lecture entitled "NIGERIAN CRIMINAL LITIGATION LECTURE 3 - Searches, Summons, Arrests and Constitutional Rights" within the next 24 hours.

Part 1 of the NIGERIAN CRIMINAL LITIGATION LECTURE 3 -Searches, Summons, Arrests and Constitutional Rights deals with "The Power of Search/The Power to Search"

We begin by defining the term "Search" with the help of English dictionaries, and also with the help of legal dictionaries.

Next, we treat the power of search in criminal proceedings generally in Nigeria; then we introduce our viewers to the three types of search recognized by Nigerian Law; thereafter we take each type of search i.e., Search of Persons, Search of Premises, Search of Things and help the viewer see the provisions of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act, Administration of Criminal Justice Law, the Criminal Procedure Act and the Criminal Procedure Code in that order. Our next sub-topic is Search without Warrant, while the final sub-topic is Search with Warrant.

In case you missed previous lectures, then for Lecture 1 entitled "NIGERIAN CRIMINAL LITIGATION LECTURE 1 - Introduction to Nigerian Criminal Law REISSUE", please visit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USIF-yJ3p4

and for Lecture 2 entitled "NIGERIAN CRIMINAL LITIGATION LECTURE 2 - Jurisdiction and Venue of Courts of Criminal Jurisdiction", please visit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoKxDaPlc7Q

All our videos are recorded in1080p resolution (1920x1080px also known as Full HD/FHD and BT.709) and we provide chapter markers so you can jump right to the section that interests you!
Re: How Can I Make A First Class In Law School? by AIIAssociates: 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2020
Our Video on "The Power of Search/The Power to Search" or simply "Searches" being Part 1 of the 4 Part Series "Searches, Summons, Arrests and Rights/Safeguards for an Accused Person" is now live at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1feb4nOOOLo

Islamic School With Boarding Facilities In A Conducive And Serene Environment! / Soldiers Flog Abuja University Students Out Of Hostel / Horrifically Sad Historical Photos That Completely Shook The World

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65