Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,694 members, 7,955,628 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:13 AM

Don't Have A Suitable Topic For This. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Have A Suitable Topic For This. (239 Views)

How Do You Feel When You Don't Have Offering To Give In Church? / MFM: We Don't Have The Highest Number Of Single Ladies / Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Have A Suitable Topic For This. by Perfectbeing(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2019
Whatever an unbeliever can have an advantage over a believer in can never be the reason why Jesus died!

So getting a job, passing an exam, prosperity and riches, visas, getting married etc are not the reason Jesus came to Earth to die.

I strongly believe that Christians should prosper & excel in life. I just don't believe the gospel is the means for that. It's Not!

1 Like

Re: Don't Have A Suitable Topic For This. by Eviana(f): 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
Hope you don't mind me saying this.
I think I get where you are trying to go, but it would be more helpful if you would expand on your thoughts...like maybe provide examples to further express your point.
Perhaps give a balance...being prosperous yet understanding the true purpose of Christianity.
Re: Don't Have A Suitable Topic For This. by Perfectbeing(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2019
Eviana:
Hope you don't mind me saying this.
I think I get where you are trying to go, but it would be more helpful if you would expand on your thoughts...like maybe provide examples to further express your point.
Perhaps give a balance...being prosperous yet understanding the true purpose of Christianity.

Riches, Wealth and prosperity were things that existed before Christ. So Christ didn't come to give mankind what they already had. Man was lacking one thing which was what Christ came to give.. Salvation is what that thing is.

Look around the world today and you'll see most of the richest and most successful people in the world of all disciplines, fields and careers and non christians and atheist. They got their wealth and success without the knowledge of Christ. Some got theirs with diligent and handwork, some with crooked and dubious means. But the keyword is that they succeded without Christ. They neither, prayed, fasted, went to church, night vigils etc for success. Same with marriages, getting visas, getting a job etc.

So you see all these things are not the reason why Jesus died.

And remember, nowhere did I say a Christian cannot or should not be rich or successful or excel in life. But the gospel isn't a means to get all these...

1 Like

Re: Don't Have A Suitable Topic For This. by ochibuogwu5: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2019
Christ Jesus died on the Cross of Calvary to bring a permanent end to sinful living, fleshly-fruits, demonic manipulations, intimidations/distractions from commerce/politics/professions/careers/academics/religion/titles that are unholy and devils manipulations as well as *replace our old-self/flesh/spirit-man* with his own LIFE(GOD AND MAN inside one entity)
It is this His new life inside us that decides(wills) and manifests in any aspect of human vocation and endeavors at His own time and method thus "for it is God at work inside you both to will and do his good pleasures" (Phil.2:13)
Great Grace Brethren!!!

(1) (Reply)

When Your Science Is Floored By God's Supremacy / 3 Million Evangelicals March In Brazil: ‘our Country Belongs To Jesus’ / 3 Other Reasons Why Jesus Got Conceived By Virgin Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.