Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness (32468 Views)

"I Was Released After Ransom Was Paid" - Akinbami / "I was Paid N210k To Use Favour Daley-Oyedele For Rituals" - Pastor / $5M Fraud: Why Mompha Was Arrested By INTERPOL, EFCC - Tosin Olugbenga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by ForkDragnet: 11:33am On Nov 30, 2019
Barrywilly:
But why would the EFCC painted this Mompha guy so bad as an Internet fraudster while all he probably did going by the EFCC witnesses was running illegal bureau de change. What of those Mallams changing dollars in sabo? Were they registered with EFCC or cbn. This is a selective prosecution by the EFCC to save face for a wrongful arrest. No single allegation of defrauding anybody. Nobody came out to accuse him of scam. EFCC should also arrest all those Mallams if what Mompha did was wrong
write a petition sir/ma
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by djoey89: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2019
I feel this guy helped "changed" high ranking politicians money from one form to another to dissapearing. That is why he cant be indicted. This is the main example of "hustle o"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by bluefilm: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
So he was never a fraudster like EFCC painted him to be? his only crime was not registering his business as a bureau de changer with CBN. There ar many bureau de changer who didn't register themself with CBN y has EFCC not arrested those ones, or ar they telling me that those mallam that run Bureau de Changdd at Ring road Benin, Central Market nd Winti market Bauchi, Naraguta Jos, Onitsha mainket etc ar all registered? they should also arrest them nd stop d selective trials they ar doing.

The question you should be asking is: if he is not fraudulent, why didn't he register with CBN?

1 Like

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by frowland(m): 12:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
Renforce:
He's a free man na. Celebrity thief.
Crime is OK as long as you thief beyond the national acceptable threshold, below which the Nigerian police will have to handle your case

What da??
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by aspiring44: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
Barrywilly:
But why would the EFCC painted this Mompha guy so bad as an Internet fraudster while all he probably did going by the EFCC witnesses was running illegal bureau de change. What of those Mallams changing dollars in sabo? Were they registered with EFCC or cbn. This is a selective prosecution by the EFCC to save face for a wrongful arrest. No single allegation of defrauding anybody. Nobody came out to accuse him of scam. EFCC should also arrest all those Mallams if what Mompha did was wrong

Those one that hawks dollars are licensed oh .

You will be surprised of their big bosses .

There was a time dollar was so scarce and we ended up buying from a former president of this country as well a former minister that was far back in 2001
That is when I got to know that the former president has a residence in VI.

2 Likes

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Chingykay77(m): 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2019
Davash222:

Na Tinubu, Ganduje and Rochas hold una money not Mompha.
God bless you bro the real scammers stupid Efcc no go arrest them .....mopha nigga he still wear designer go court

1 Like

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by remedick: 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2019
Barrywilly:

Some. Of you talk like idiots. Which kind BDC h. Dey do wey go dey buy roll Royce? Tell him to enter US and let's see if he will come back ever again.

Someone that an FBI agent said he is on their top 10 wanted list? Dubai is a safe haven and that is why they stay there and never go to any other country.

4 Likes

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Sarmiz24(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2019
Snitches Got Stitches

1 Like

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by muyinet: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2019
Angelfrost:
Mompha.... You were enmeshed in this level of graft, and still had the gall to show off on social media... This has to be one of the dumbest Negroes I have ever seen. A man of his age should have been smarter.

Shut up...which graft are you talking about? Do you even know the meaning of that word?

He operates a bureau de change without registering with the CBN...Go to Ikeja and the Island ...ask those malams if any of them are registered with the CBN

2 Likes

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by majamajic(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
Barrywilly:

and u see those mallams if u give them naira at airport road , u collect dollar in Dubai , China and US

so is that not money laundering too ?

1 Like

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by majamajic(m): 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
Barrywilly:

and u see those mallams if u give them naira at airport road , u collect dollar in Dubai , China and US

me I know mopha is not into Yahoo , I know his company . like if Thomas Cook will collect 15% for a transfer , mopha can transfer with 3% , that's it !!!

2 Likes

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by rexandyke(m): 12:38pm On Nov 30, 2019
ifyblinksss:

Billion Sir

correction fluid. The guy was right... Next time, check well before correcting it.

33,000 million = 33,000,000,000

Have you now heard the whites call 1600 as sixteen hundred?
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Advancedman(m): 12:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
ifyblinksss:

Billion Sir
Consider the 000 before million my friend
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Housing(m): 12:42pm On Nov 30, 2019
Barrywilly:

Mompha was investigated for BEC (Business Email Compromise) no (wire wire) Yahoo boy without a BDC and Corporate Domiciliary account holder accomplice. They always need them to launder stolen funds. Even for legitimate transaction you have to comply with certain standard so as not to run foul of the law. We are seriously watching the EFCC they should not bungle the case. As they are now silent about other more evident crimes as per the investigation.
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
Which of your money? Lol

EKITI001:
Hmmm.. spending our money in dubai.. lavishly.. Mompha is a weyrey
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by larryplaytv(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
Hmm
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by pacespot(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yet he was granted bail by one probably corruption loving judge. Which way Nigerians? Someone can kill in a broad daylight because he is rich, and he will be granted bail.
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Maxwell33345: 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
see below
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Angelfrost(m): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2019
muyinet:

Shut up...which graft are you talking about? Do you even know the meaning of that word?

He operates a bureau de change without registering with the CBN...Go to Ikeja and the Island ...ask those malams if any of them are registered with the CBN

Sigh... Ask about me here on Nairaland.

I don't have the time for dimwits who begin discussions with insults... Come back when you are ready to be civil, and have something meaningful to say. Cheers.
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by LyfeJennings(m): 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2019
OoniOfIfe:
So he was never a fraudster like EFCC painted him to be? his only crime was not registering his business as a bureau de changer with CBN. There ar many bureau de changer who didn't register themself with CBN y has EFCC not arrested those ones, or ar they telling me that those mallam that run Bureau de Changdd at Ring road Benin, Central Market nd Winti market Bauchi, Naraguta Jos, Onitsha mainket etc ar all registered? they should also arrest them nd stop d selective trials they ar doing.

Mompha arrested himself
So many people in present day Nigeria would change his money
They are living the life of a star yet they won't be on IG acting like kids
Mompha is a grown idiot
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by ajl: 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
Barrywilly:

Do you know what laundering mean. An individual that launder fund is a criminal as the person who transferred funds into his account. Laundered funds are usually proceeds of crime or one form of corrupt practices. If you are familiar with the case of over 80 Nigerians arrested for online fraud in the USA, most of them helped the primary criminals to move funds around by providing their bank account for such and probably did it on a commission. You Nigerians like setting unacceptable standards. Why would you be defending a criminal. Even if you are mad at EFCC as a biased agency, it's not justified.
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by ajl: 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
I read here about mallams on the streets changing funds not registered as BDC. You will be surprised that they are except the criminal ones among them. This is not like back in the days. The mallams you see on the streets are simply agents for the main "boss" with a registered business who simply stay in an air conditioned "office".
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by ajl: 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2019
AuwalYusuf812:
if everybody will agree to bring out the money they have stolen, I don't think Buhari will still have to borrow money before his tenure finish.

we are all thief in Nigeria, simple

Terms like this get me mad "we are all thieves in Nigeria". Simply say you and your extended family members and circle of friends you know so well are all thieves.
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by LyfeJennings(m): 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2019
Housing:

Mompha was investigated for BEC (Business Email Compromise) no (wire wire) Yahoo boy without a BDC and Corporate Domiciliary account holder accomplice. They always need them to launder stolen funds. Even for legitimate transaction you have to comply with certain standard so as not to run foul of the law. We are seriously watching the EFCC they should not bungle the case. As they are now silent about other more evident crimes as per the investigation.

Hmmmm.
That guy would go scot free AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN
Media trial no be court trial o
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by ajl: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
majamajic:

me I know mopha is not into Yahoo , I know his company . like if Thomas Cook will collect 15% for a transfer , mopha can transfer with 3% , that's it !!!

We know that its typical for criminals to go online to show off. So, why run a BDC when he is not registered for such. He has been aiding and abetting crimes. What does the law say? It's the answer to this that will free or jail him. Not what people say online.
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by succri(m): 1:29pm On Nov 30, 2019
this guy should be almost or over 40 , let's be honest "he no get sense" , too many pictures and show off , well maybe he felt no one believed he had the money ...smh
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Soulsymbol99: 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2019
1StopRudeness:
That’s a lot of zeros for only one person

My brother na imagine I dey imagine such ooo
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by AuwalYusuf812(m): 1:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
ajl:

Terms like this get me mad "we are all thieves in Nigeria". Simply say you and your extended family members and circle of friends you know so well are all thieves.
are you Alright so. no offense jus asking
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Wetlands22: 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2019
Davash222:

I tire sef oh
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by Davoski222: 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2019
ifyblinksss:

Billion Sir
Actually he's right.....33,000 million = 33 billion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by majamajic(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2019
ajl:

We know that its typical for criminals to go online to show off. So, why run a BDC when he is not registered for such. He has been aiding and abetting crimes. What does the law say? It's the answer to this that will free or jail him. Not what people say online.

his Dubai office has LLC and registered and it's located inside open deira market , can't say about Nigeria office
Re: How N18bn Was Paid Into Mompha’s Account - Witness by KingWarri: 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2019
Davash222:

My belle oooh
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Activist Slaps DPO, Tears Uniform, Breaks Dco’s Head In Delta Police Station / Young Girl Goes Missing After ATM Withdrawal In Lagos / Kidnapped lebanese worker found dead in Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.