Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again (3319 Views)

The Reasons Why Anthony Oluwafemi Joshua Will Always Be in Nigeria / Tyson Fury Reached Out To Anthonyjoshua After His Loss To Andy Ruiz Jnr / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 8:49am On Nov 30, 2019
It is difficult to tell who was more shocked — the ten thousand UK fans that came to witness the coronation of their champion on American soil, or the several million Nigerian fans expecting another knockout victory from their national son. On the 1st of June 2019, the boxing world saw its greatest upset since Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas 29 years ago. Anthony Joshua lost four world titles to Andy Ruiz Jr by a technical knockout in the seventh round. While the world was still trying to recover from the shock that followed, a few boxing experts enjoyed that satisfying “I told you so” feeling. But Joshua did what the public expected from a champion. He called for an immediate rematch and after a few hitches in the negotiations, the match was scheduled for December 7, 2019 at the custom built Diriyah Arena, Saudi Arabia.

In anticipation of one of the greatest boxing matches of the decade, let us explore five reasons why I believe that the former unified world champion, Anthony Joshua, will lose to Andy Ruiz on December 7, 2019.

1. Boxing is not body building

Sorry, boxing fans. The muscles have to go. Well, it’s either that or Anthony Joshua must develop a different style of boxing. Generally, tall boxers never carry so much muscle mass. It gives them problems with mobility, speed and stamina. It’s usually short boxers like Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield that can make up for lack of height by building muscle because they don’t weigh so much. AJ has been able to get away with it because he scores the knockout early and rarely fights for 12 rounds. My prediction: Once the fight progresses beyond the sixth round, it’s another loss for AJ because he has not shown that he can compete at that Ruiz-level of intensity for 12 rounds.

Get the full article here:
https://link.medium.com/7cwdLIwZ11

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by Theyoungmaster(m): 9:19am On Nov 30, 2019
Aj is winning before 4th round .

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 9:36am On Nov 30, 2019
Theyoungmaster:
Aj is winning before 4th round .

That's impossible.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2019
State your own reasons.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by Bigcowhorn: 11:38am On Nov 30, 2019
SouthPaw24:
State your own reasons.

He's from Mexico
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2019
Bigcowhorn:

He's from Mexico

Yh. Ruiz is Mexican and he fights like a typical Mexican pressure fighter. Joshua couldn't handle it the first time.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2019
Joshua go win..
When is the fight sef?
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 12:31pm On Nov 30, 2019
Bigiyo:
Joshua go win..
When is the fight sef?

December 7. Find out why you're wrong in the article.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
BluntBoy
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by BluntBoy(m): 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
SouthPaw24:
BluntBoy
I hope the link is safe?
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by meobizy(f): 1:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
...and I honestly wanted to read the whole article. Oh, well.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 2:10pm On Nov 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

I hope the link is safe?

Lolz. Very safe.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by BluntBoy(m): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2019
SouthPaw24:
I know Nigerians will come for me and call this article treasonous. And if this was posted after a certain social media bill was passed, I might need a lawyer right now. But the truth must be told. I’d like to say though, that this is not a prediction. It’s just me laying down the facts that we’ve either not seen or decided to ignore. In all sincerity I would say that AJ-Ruiz 2 is a 50–50 match because both fighters have their qualities, but I lean towards Ruiz for the victory.

In anticipation of one of the greatest boxing matches of the decade, let us explore five reasons why I believe that the former unified world champion, Anthony Joshua, will lose to Andy Ruiz on December 7, 2019.

Sorry, boxing fans. The muscles have to go. Well, it’s either that or Anthony Joshua must develop a different style of boxing. Generally, tall boxers never carry so much muscle mass. It gives them problems with mobility, speed and stamina. It’s usually short boxers like Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield that can make up for lack of height by building muscle because they don’t weigh so much. AJ has been able to get away with it because he scores the knockout early and rarely fights for 12 rounds. My prediction: Once the fight progresses beyond the sixth round, it’s another loss for AJ because he has not shown that he can compete at that Ruiz-level of intensity for 12 rounds.

I agree completely with all the five reasons. Discussing them would be like repeating the whole article.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2019
BluntBoy:

I agree completely with all the five reasons. Discussing them would be like repeating the whole article.

I'm glad you agree. Make we see wetin go happen next week.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by masterkeydon(m): 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2019
May all ur living and unborn children look like ur next door neighbour if Anthony looses to Ruiz who is already patiently waiting for his ruins that awaits u both. All i see is the great Joshua decimating d maggot. Lets stake #1million if u are damn serious! #challengemenow
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by Numerouno94(m): 9:06pm On Nov 30, 2019
U brought out a controversial topic of dis magnitude, nd instead of copying everything here, u decided to drop a link. Seems u dnt knw nairalanders, dis topic no go near front page. Jux copy everything here.

Notin nairalanders dislyk lyk dropin a link to complete an incomplete story or topic. Its annoying nd irritating.
No offense, jux d truth.

2 Likes

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 4:04am On Dec 01, 2019
Numerouno94:
U brought out a controversial topic of dis magnitude, nd instead of copying everything here, u decided to drop a link. Seems u dnt knw nairalanders, dis topic no go near front page. Jux copy everything here.

Notin nairalanders dislyk lyk dropin a link to complete an incomplete story or topic. Its annoying nd irritating.
No offense, jux d truth.

I kuku know that one. I don't know jare. Maybe I'm trying hard not to reach front page. The topic is sha interesting and well written. If you're interested enough, you'll follow the link.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by BluntBoy(m): 10:26am On Dec 01, 2019
SouthPaw24:

I'm glad you agree. Make we see wetin go happen next week.
Honestly, I can't wait cheesy

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by WAECMATHEMATICS: 1:47pm On Dec 01, 2019
SouthPaw24:
It is difficult to tell who was more shocked — the ten thousand UK fans that came to witness the coronation of their champion on American soil, or the several million Nigerian fans expecting another knockout victory from their national son. On the 1st of June 2019, the boxing world saw its greatest upset since Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas 29 years ago. Anthony Joshua lost four world titles to Andy Ruiz Jr by a technical knockout in the seventh round. While the world was still trying to recover from the shock that followed, a few boxing experts enjoyed that satisfying “I told you so” feeling. But Joshua did what the public expected from a champion. He called for an immediate rematch and after a few hitches in the negotiations, the match was scheduled for December 7, 2019 at the custom built Diriyah Arena, Saudi Arabia.

Kudos Bros! Your analysis is fantastic! I guess you're a boxer from the way you analyzed everything.

Anthony Joshua needs to see your analysis here. It will help him a lot against Andy Ruiz.

One thing I believe Joshua should avoid is fighting Andy Ruiz within short range. It could be dangerous. Joshua should fight Ruiz within long range. He (Joshua) is tall. He has long arms just like Lennox Lewis. He should watch the way Lennox Lewis fought David Tua. This will greatly help him against Andy Ruiz.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2019
WAECMATHEMATICS:

Kudos Bros! Your analysis is fantastic! I guess you're a boxer from the way you analyzed everything.

Anthony Joshua needs to see your analysis here. It will help him a lot against Andy Ruiz.

One thing I believe Joshua should avoid is fighting Andy Ruiz within short range. It could be dangerous. Joshua should fight Ruiz within long range. He (Joshua) is tall. He has long arms just like Lennox Lewis. He should watch the way Lennox Lewis fought David Tua. This will greatly help him against Andy Ruiz.

Fantastic comparison. Lewis vs Tua should be Joshua's blueprint going into this fight. I wonder why i didn't write that in this article. Tua was a short heavyweight with one punch knockout power but Lewis neutralized him by staying out of range. Ruiz is probably a better boxer than Tua but Tua definitely had more power. We'll see what happens on Saturday.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm not a boxer oo. Lolz. But I've been following the sport closely for a few years.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by WAECMATHEMATICS: 2:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
SouthPaw24:

Fantastic comparison. Lewis vs Tua should be Joshua's blueprint going into this fight. I wonder why i didn't write that in this article. Tua was a short heavyweight with one punch knockout power but Lewis neutralized him by staying out of range. Ruiz is probably a better boxer than Tua but Tua definitely had more power. We'll see what happens on Saturday.

Thanks for the compliments. I'm not a boxer oo. Lolz. But I've been following the sport closely for a few years.

@bolded grin. Honestly, you did a great job with the analysis. It's a world class analysis.

Lalasticlala, please move this to the front page.

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by uthlaw: 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
Who go bet me Joshua is losing...

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 7:46pm On Dec 01, 2019
masterkeydon:
May all ur living and unborn children look like ur next door neighbour if Anthony looses to Ruiz who is already patiently waiting for his ruins that awaits u both. All i see is the great Joshua decimating d maggot. Lets stake #1million if u are damn serious! #challengemenow

Bros no vex. All i have is pen and paper.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 6:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
“Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose to Andy Ruiz Jr. Again” by Southpaw Glove https://link.medium.com/7cwdLIwZ11
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2019
I'll post #2 reason this evening but you can just visit the link below to get the full article.

“Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose to Andy Ruiz Jr. Again” by Southpaw Glove https://link.medium.com/7cwdLIwZ11
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
2. Boxing range

There are three ranges in boxing: long, middle and short. AJ fights within middle to short range. Remember his eleventh-round uppercut versus Klitschko? That was short range. While it’s effective to be more dynamic in short range with relatively tall fighters, fighting mid to short against a shorter boxer like Andy Ruiz is dangerous. With each attack, he puts himself within Andy’s punching range. AJ would need to fight long if he wants to win.

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by Goalnaldo(m): 12:58am On Dec 06, 2019
Lol @ I know Nigerians will come for me and call this article treasonous. And if this was posted after a certain social media bill was passed, I might need a lawyer right now.

You analysis was top notch. Am sure Rio Ferdinand and all this BBC yeye analyst will be jealous of you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:39am On Dec 06, 2019
AJ for the win.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 7:06am On Dec 06, 2019
Goalnaldo:
Lol @ I know Nigerians will come for me and call this article treasonous. And if this was posted after a certain social media bill was passed, I might need a lawyer right now.

You analysis was top notch. Am sure Rio Ferdinand and all this BBC yeye analyst will be jealous of you cheesy

Thanks bro. I appreciate very much.
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by SouthPaw24(m): 7:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
ANDY RUIZ JR has shrugged off weighing in at 283lbs, claiming it was because he'd just eaten and because he was wearing a sombrero.

The chubby heavyweight champion of the world, 30, shocked fans everywhere when he weighed in 15 pounds heavier than he was for the first fight.

After keeping his vest on for the weigh-in, as well as his gold chain and tracksuit bottoms, Ruiz was defensive over the result.

He said: “They made us wait until 4:30, almost 5pm here.

“I already had ate breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had on a sombrero and all my clothes. A lot of people are saying that I came overweight or this and that. We had to wait so long.

“I probably put on like ten pounds just eating and drinking normally today. I would’ve been at like 268 without all that stuff and haven’t had eaten.

“If we weighed in at 11am, I definitely would have been less.”
Re: Five Reasons Why Anthony Joshua Will Lose To Andy Ruiz Jr. Again by Crispels(m): 12:36pm On Feb 22, 2020
Now, see your life outside.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Siasia Is Still In Charge Of The Super Eagles / Anthony Joshua Posing With His Mother At Pre-fight Gala Dinner In Saudi Arabia / Lets Make A Punting Revolution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.