Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget (866 Views)

My ₦25,000 Low Budget Wedding In Pictures / Korean Lady Known As Mama Adaobi Having A Great Time In Her Husband’s Village / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget by qtx(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2019
A wedding is an event that marks the official commissioning of a union between man and woman as husband and wife.

An online dictionary defines wedding as “the act or ceremony of marrying; marriage; nuptials.”

It means joining together a man and woman for the purpose of marriage also known as tying of the nuptial knot.

Wedding ceremonies are in different varieties according to cultural and social norms.

In Africa, for example, almost every community has its own different wedding norms, values, and rites.

Wedding day is a day many pray to see yet the majority fail to see it till the end of their lives because not all men or women are privileged to get married in their lifetime for certain obvious reasons. This is a topic for another day’s discussion.
I remember while planning my wedding years ago, as I was under pressure to assemble cash for the project, my wife-to-be then was more relaxed than I was because in my country, it is officially the man’s place to marry a woman and provide everything needed for the ceremony.

Although many women offer some assistance, this is often out of personal volition and not mandatory.

Women seem to wish to see that day more than men from my observations and the general belief in Africa as they refer to the days as the woman’s day.

Usually, gathering the funds needed to execute the wedding programme is most times a huge challenge especially for struggling young people of low-income status with less family support.

From the caption of this article, one will tell that managing cost is critical in our discussion of how to make a great wedding.

There are facts you must realize when planning your wedding to guide you in ensuring you have a wedding that is okay and within your budget.

1. A wedding is just a short time event.
Wedding ceremony is quite a brief exercise compared to the marriage itself. After the wedding, the marriage starts which is the main thing to look out for.
2. Try to limit the contracting of activities.
There basically some things you can do by yourself, your spouse can as well or even your siblings can assist with, do not high consultants to handle them in order to save cost.

3. Plan your wedding events between December and March.
Prizes of items are often lower these months by approximately 10 to 21 percent in most western countries and some parts of Africa.

4. Rent your venue for the event between Thursday night and Friday night.
This is because Saturdays and Sundays seem to witness higher cost of hall renting.

5. For the food, instead of the expensive cocktail pattern of service, consider brunch method
as this helps to spread the food better and reduce the cost of expenses on food items.

6. Cut cost in drinks by reducing hard liquor and procure more of beverage drinks, soft drinks
and table water.

If possible as guests eat, serve them with table water first after which drinks can be served, this way many will consume fewer drinks having filled their tummies with food and water.

7. Target only about 76 percent of your guests to be covered by the cake you will procure.
Of course, do not try to make the cake go-round as that will definitely shoot up the cost.

8. I will advise you to make use of only one photographer.
Extra photographer means another cost. Limit the unnecessary photo shots during the event.

9. In music and entertainment as well, you can save cost.

10. Hire a cheaper band that hasn’t shot so much into fame, they are cheaper.
#wedding
#marriage

Source: https://courtshipandmarriage.com/marriage/plan-great-wedding-low-budget/

Re: How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget by bluebay(m): 1:53pm On Nov 30, 2019
Bros, all this things doesn't work again. I got married 9th of this much and I must tell you that I wasted my time trying to prove that I'm a graduate in accounting and got talent in management too... The more you cut the expenses, the more another surfaces. I budgeted 800k for both tradition and church marraige but boss, 1.570k went like that o.. No more manage or small marraige again.

2 Likes

Re: How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget by ogawisdom(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2019
Do both wedding and traditional same day

Church wedding in the morning
Traditional in the evening grin

Works like magic in cutting cost

3 Likes

Re: How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget by Nobody: 11:34am On Dec 01, 2019
Best way to save is Boycott traditional totally.

Go to Court -> Reception -> Go Home & Knack lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget by digitaltrades: 12:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
truthsayer009:
Best way to save is Boycott traditional totally.

Go to Court -> Reception -> Go Home & Knack lipsrsealed
Badoo somebori grin
Re: How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget by Ginaz(f): 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
I want a simple wedding but I’m afraid it’s gonna be a family’s affair . My mom is a party person and from one meeting to another she goes or register. She’s an extrovert. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Plan A Great Wedding With Low Budget by nams77: 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2019
bluebay:
Bros, all this things doesn't work again. I got married 9th of this much and I must tell you that I wasted my time trying to prove that I'm a graduate in accounting and got talent in management too... The more you cut the expenses, the more another surfaces. I budgeted 800k for both tradition and church marraige but boss, 1.570k went like that o.. No more manage or small marraige again.
I still believe u can manage below 1M. Its still possible. Like ogawisdom mentioned above, do both trad and white same day or do trad on Thursday ( low key just families and few friends).

Another money guzzling project is hall.
I strongly believe it can be micro-managed but the big question is- will you be pleased with the outcome?
All the glitz and glamour will not be there anymore.

Let me give you a true life story of a friend. Not many persons will like this one grin

Dude was struggling but they both loved themselves,so in 2000, they took the bold step.
Dude appeared in a coat( not suit). Top was different color from bottom. The best man had a different color entirely from groom.
The bride wore blouse.
After the church wedding they proceeded to the reception hall which happens to be a back section of the church and refreshment was cabin biscuits and crates of mineral cool
Some of his friends had to cross the street and contributed to buy beer.
Fast forward to present day. Dude has four pretty and handsome children. Wife is looking more beautiful and can afford anything. Dude rides on SUV and has a duplex to himself.
#true life story.

Now the question is, can you do the above or something similar?

I know ginaz will like this one grin

(1) (Reply)

Could I Be Hallucinating? My Mom Brings Me Terrible Badly Luck / A Wife Secretly Built A House To Surprise The Husband / 1.5HP LG Dual Inverter Air Condition For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.