Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Is This Car Okay For 250k? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This Car Okay For 250k? (2462 Views)

'Are You Okay, You Call This A Car?' – Lady Rages At Boyfriend Over Car Gift / After A Ghastly Accident, How Can I Fix Or Repair This Car(pictures) / Help!! This Car Was Stolen In Onitsha This Morning (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 4:07pm On Nov 30, 2019
I opened a trend few days back about a friend who is intending to sell his Nissan Altima 2001 model for me, he said i should bring 250k coz we are friends. The car engine, gear and ac is very perfect according to the report my trusted mechanic gave me when I took the car to him for inspection. He told me to pay on time for the car before my friend change his mind because he will definitely sell it higher than that if not because we are friends. So is the price worth it my people because I'm paying for the car on Monday. I need your contributions please.

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by dawnomike(m): 4:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
Yes it is good for that price but be ready to spend the balance on visiting the mechanic's workshop like once a week.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by adollyboy(m): 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2019
From what you have said
AC working perfectly
Gear working perfectly
Engine in good condition .
Your mechanic confirmed it.
I think you should buy it.
But what's the mileage?

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2019
adollyboy:
From what you have said
AC working perfectly
Gear working perfectly
Engine in good condition .
Your mechanic confirmed it.
I think you should buy it.
But what's the mileage?
Thank you for your contribution sir. The mileage is 87k sir. He doesn't use the car much because of the bad road that leads to his house and that's why he's opting for SUV and hence he needs to sell this car.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 4:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
dawnomike:
Yes it is good for that price but be ready to spend the balance on visiting the mechanic's workshop like once a week.
ok sir. I know the history o the sir because I knew when he bought it as tokunbo 3yrs ago and he doesn't joke with the servicing of the engine as at when due. He is a road safety official and he knows the danger in not maintaining cars. Moreover the mileage is below 90k which means he doesn't use it as such. Thanks for your contribution sir, I really appreciate sir.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 30, 2019
O ra motor 150 thousan, o ni ko ma taku loru. grin

You buy motor of 150 thousan, you talk say make e no die for road at midnight. grin

No be me sing the song oooo, na Q-dot Alàgbè.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
Zoharariel:

You buy motor of 150 thousan, you talk say make e no die for road at midnight. grin

It is a car of 250k and not 150k sir. Moreover, I know the history of the car and it is used by a friend so I am not buying from a random person. Thanks for your contribution anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by akinreals: 5:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
Pay 200k for it. Its ok
Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by ogawisdom(m): 6:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
Altima or Maxima? Just be careful with this two esp naija used
Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by Originalsly: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2019
If you know the car and its history .... why ask us who know nothing about it?

9 Likes

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 7:24pm On Nov 30, 2019
Originalsly:
If you know the car and its history .... why ask us who know nothing about it?
You should have read between the lines that I was only asking for reviews about the car to know how durable it is. So far I know the history of the car and how sound it is doesn't mean I should not ask if there might be issues I could possibly be experiencing about it in the future. Thanks for your contribution too.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 7:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
ogawisdom:
Altima sir (2001)
Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by okoroemeka(m): 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2019
ogawisdom:
that model was made when Nissan still produced good cars but sadly now Renault has merged with them they now produce cars designed by accountants.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
There is no way that car is 87k on mileage.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by boldx(m): 11:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
My brother. I used that car for 4 years 11 months. You will be visiting the mechanic regularly. Please don't buy it. It is a devourer

https://www.nairaland.com/1143845/sold-sold-abuja-1999-nissan
Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 12:17am On Dec 01, 2019
boldx:
My brother. I used that car for 4 years 11 months. You will be visiting the mechanic regularly. Please don't buy it. It is a devourer

https://www.nairaland.com/1143845/sold-sold-abuja-1999-nissan
I think it depends on your usage and maintenance culture ( possibly servicing with low quality engine and transmission oil). You are the first person giving negative review about the car (both online and offline). I have decided to risk it coz I believe no matter what happens, I can't still sell below 250k and at the end I won't have anything to lose. Thanks for your contribution anyways. I appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by chillex8(m): 12:33am On Dec 01, 2019
That car’s engine is overheating. Don’t ask me how I know smiley
Since you have made up your mind, I wish you well.
Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by boldx(m): 1:27am On Dec 01, 2019
babatee1985:
I think it depends on your usage and maintenance culture ( possibly servicing with low quality engine and transmission oil). You are the first person giving negative review about the car (both online and offline). I have decided to risk it coz I believe no matter what happens, I can't still sell below 250k and at the end I won't have anything to lose. Thanks for your contribution anyways. I appreciate.

I wish you well young man. You have laid an unfounded allegation that perhaps I was using low quality engine oil and transmission oil. You do not know me at all. Have you seen any of my cars?
Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2019
Zoharariel:

What if he doesn't use it at midnight?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 01, 2019
babatee1985:

Looks like your mind was made up before you even opened the thread. All the best sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:13am On Dec 01, 2019
rationalmind:

Looks like your mind was made up before you even opened the thread. All the best sir.

As is usual. People and their quest for purchase decisions validation.
Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 01, 2019
HeavenlyBang:

As is usual. People and their quest for purchase decisions validation.

I guess we are all guiltycheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by TPound(m): 11:30am On Dec 02, 2019
If you haven't purchased it, can I please have the seller's number?
Don't worry, I'll settle you

3 Likes

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by RZArecta2(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
There’s no car brand that doesn’t have issues even amongst Toyota’s and Honda’s, I want anyone to prove me wrong. Mobility is no longer a luxury but rather it’s a necessity. Oga, buy the car, it’ll serve you for a couple of years till you can upgrade to a higher taste after all, motor dey call motor. Just get a good mechanic that’ll be servicing it cool

2 Likes

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 2:49pm On Dec 02, 2019
TPound:
If you haven't purchased it, can I please have the seller's number?
Don't worry, I'll settle you
My brother! i just paid for the car few hours ago and I can tell you I had a smooth driving with ac pumping back to my base....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by babatee1985(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2019
RZArecta2:
There’s no car brand that doesn’t have issues even amongst Toyota’s and Honda’s, I want anyone to prove me wrong. Mobility is no longer a luxury but rather it’s a necessity. Oga, buy the car, it’ll serve you for a couple of years till you can upgrade to a higher taste after all, motor dey call motor. Just get a good mechanic that’ll be servicing it cool
Thank you my brother. I have bought the car today and so far so good I had a smooth driving with AC from Ijebu ode to Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Okay For 250k? by TPound(m): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2019
babatee1985:
My brother! i just paid for the car few hours ago and I can tell you I had a smooth driving with ac pumping back to my base....

S**t!!!!

My broda cry

Why you do me so?!! undecided

(1) (Reply)

High Lander V6 Emitting Black Smoke / Clean Tokumbo Volkswagen Passat 2008 Available For Sale SOLD SOLD SOLD / Please Suggest A Tyre RIM For My Corolla 2005CE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.