Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,910,204 members, 7,020,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 August 2022 at 02:56 PM

How Does God Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does God Work? (159 Views)

Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Incase You Want To Support GOD's Work / Does God Really Know The Future? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does God Work? by Anelkanu2: 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
The year is 2013, Tari is in his 3rd year in the university, and after years of negligence on his faith in God, he decided to be more faithful. So, he starts paying his Tithe, cleaning the church and even gets baptised. He’s not the most righteous person, but from a distance, you can see he is making an effort. Everything is going great, he feels a connection to God and then a few months into his third year, Tari gets expelled. Yes, instead of being rewarded with all the good things of life, at 19, Tari loses three years of his life, and the only words out of his mouth are” God, why me?”.

Recently, I decided to read the entire Bible. Yes, from Genesis to Revelation (well, I’m only three books in but still…). Taking my faith in God seriously has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in my 24 years on earth. Being born into a Christian home and having parents who love and trust God like their lives depend on Him didn’t leave me much of choice as a child. But my decision to get closer to my God is one I made out of necessity. Truth is, you and I didn’t create ourselves, and so we are not self-sufficient. We have a purpose on earth, and to fulfil that purpose, we need some guidance from the one who created us.

I like to think that God and I understand each other and whatever I ask, he gives, but there are times I have had my doubts if someone is watching and listening and if there is, does HE care? I know most of us have had those questions and uncertainties, and it’s okay. But really, one question that has been on my mind lately is “How does God work?”. And I’m not asking this because I want to be God or anything like that. I mean, I am ambitious but not that ambitious. My curiosity for the complex working of our creator stems from a desire to get closer to God. Because If I can get closer to Him, then maybe I can understand why everything happens the way they do.

I have always been this way, right from my early years as a child; I would always go through my parent’s things. Call it sheer curiosity, but I thought that if I had more insight into what was going on their lives, then I would know what to ask for, how to help or what to do (or maybe it's just curiosity). And that is what led to me take up reading the entire Bible. Three books in and I already know what the answer is going to be. GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS. Which is why when you think you have figured Him out, something happens to reset all the data and evidence you have. And for the first time in my life, I have accepted that maybe it is best if I don’t try to understand God.

So, for anyone that has had the same question, I suggest you Trust and Love God instead, knowing fully well that no matter what happens, He has the best in store for you.

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39(m): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2019
All religious gods are nonexistent. Their existences have no basis in reality and there are no sound logical arguments to back up their existences. Prove me wrong!
Re: How Does God Work? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
Martinez39:
All religious gods are nonexistent. Their existences have no basis in reality and there are no sound logical arguments to back up their existences.
Prove me wrong!

LOL... WHEN YOU DIE, YOU'LL FIND OUT. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL... WHEN YOU DIE, YOU'LL FIND OUT. cheesy
... and by then, it will be too late. grin

(1) (Reply)

261 Ogun Pilgrims Depart For Jerusalem / Are You 'born Again'? Yes? You Don't Know What That Means! / A REJOINDER: “these Pastors Should Be Arrested For Abusing People In The Name Of

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.