Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

How Does God Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does God Work? (661 Views)

Incase You Want To Support GOD's Work / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does God Work? by Anelkanu2: 7:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
The year is 2013, Tari is in his 3rd year in the university, and after years of negligence on his faith in God, he decided to be more faithful. So, he starts paying his Tithe, cleaning the church and even gets baptised. He’s not the most righteous person, but from a distance, you can see he is making an effort. Everything is going great, he feels a connection to God and then a few months into his third year, Tari gets expelled. Yes, instead of being rewarded with all the good things of life, at 19, Tari loses three years of his life, and the only words out of his mouth are” God, why me?”.

Recently, I decided to read the entire Bible. Yes, from Genesis to Revelation (well, I’m only three books in but still…). Taking my faith in God seriously has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in my 24 years on earth. Being born into a Christian home and having parents who love and trust God like their lives depend on Him didn’t leave me much of choice as a child. But my decision to get closer to my God is one I made out of necessity. Truth is, you and I didn’t create ourselves, and so we are not self-sufficient. We have a purpose on earth, and to fulfil that purpose, we need some guidance from the one who created us.

I like to think that God and I understand each other and whatever I ask, he gives, but there are times I have had my doubts if someone is watching and listening and if there is, does HE care? I know most of us have had those questions and uncertainties, and it’s okay. But really, one question that has been on my mind lately is “How does God work?”. And I’m not asking this because I want to be God or anything like that. I mean, I am ambitious but not that ambitious. My curiosity for the complex working of our creator stems from a desire to get closer to God. Because If I can get closer to Him, then maybe I can understand why everything happens the way they do.

I have always been this way, right from my early years as a child; I would always go through my parent’s things. Call it sheer curiosity, but I thought that if I had more insight into what was going on their lives, then I would know what to ask for, how to help or what to do (or maybe it's just curiosity). And that is what led to me take up reading the entire Bible. Three books in and I already know what the answer is going to be. GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS. Which is why when you think you have figured Him out, something happens to reset all the data and evidence you have. And for the first time in my life, I have accepted that maybe it is best if I don’t try to understand God.

So, for anyone that has had the same question, I suggest you Trust and Love God instead, knowing fully well that no matter what happens, He has the best in store for you.

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39(m): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2019
All religious gods are nonexistent. Their existences have no basis in reality and there are no sound logical arguments to back up their existences. Prove me wrong!

2 Likes

Re: How Does God Work? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2019
Martinez39:
All religious gods are nonexistent. Their existences have no basis in reality and there are no sound logical arguments to back up their existences.
Prove me wrong!

LOL... WHEN YOU DIE, YOU'LL FIND OUT. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39(m): 8:32pm On Nov 30, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL... WHEN YOU DIE, YOU'LL FIND OUT. cheesy
... and by then, it will be too late. grin
Re: How Does God Work? by Kobojunkie: 5:14am On Nov 22, 2023
Anelkanu2:
I have always been this way, right from my early years as a child; I would always go through my parent’s things. Call it sheer curiosity, but I thought that if I had more insight into what was going on their lives, then I would know what to ask for, how to help or what to do (or maybe it's just curiosity). And that is what led to me take up reading the entire Bible. Three books in and I already know what the answer is going to be. GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS. Which is why when you think you have figured Him out, something happens to reset all the data and evidence you have. And for the first time in my life, I have accepted that maybe it is best if I don’t try to understand God.
So, for anyone that has had the same question, I suggest you Trust and Love God instead, knowing fully well that no matter what happens, He has the best in store for you.
While God Himself works in mysterious ways, He never said you are to concern yourself with the way He works. Rather, He said those who belong to Him are to focus on obeying His Law to receive the promises and blessings which He assured them all. We are not meant to try to figure God out because that will never be possible to use for as long as we are alive. Rather, we are instead to focus on knowing HIs Truth and allowing HIs Truth to set us free and guide us through Righteousness until the end. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:58am On Nov 22, 2023
Martinez39:
All religious gods are nonexistent. Their existences have no basis in reality and there are no sound logical arguments to back up their existences. Prove me wrong!
So all the Gods worshiped in ancient times like Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and England are nonexistent yet people throughout history have been worshiping all these Gods shey?
Ọmọ you sabi pass sabinus! grin
Re: How Does God Work? by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2023
Anelkanu2:
The year is 2013, Tari is in his 3rd year in the university, and after years of negligence on his faith in God, he decided to be more faithful. So, he starts paying his Tithe, cleaning the church and even gets baptised. He’s not the most righteous person, but from a distance, you can see he is making an effort. Everything is going great, he feels a connection to God and then a few months into his third year, Tari gets expelled. Yes, instead of being rewarded with all the good things of life, at 19, Tari loses three years of his life, and the only words out of his mouth are” God, why me?”.

Recently, I decided to read the entire Bible. Yes, from Genesis to Revelation (well, I’m only three books in but still…). Taking my faith in God seriously has been one of the best decisions I’ve made in my 24 years on earth. Being born into a Christian home and having parents who love and trust God like their lives depend on Him didn’t leave me much of choice as a child. But my decision to get closer to my God is one I made out of necessity. Truth is, you and I didn’t create ourselves, and so we are not self-sufficient. We have a purpose on earth, and to fulfil that purpose, we need some guidance from the one who created us.

I like to think that God and I understand each other and whatever I ask, he gives, but there are times I have had my doubts if someone is watching and listening and if there is, does HE care? I know most of us have had those questions and uncertainties, and it’s okay. But really, one question that has been on my mind lately is “How does God work?”. And I’m not asking this because I want to be God or anything like that. I mean, I am ambitious but not that ambitious. My curiosity for the complex working of our creator stems from a desire to get closer to God. Because If I can get closer to Him, then maybe I can understand why everything happens the way they do.

LoLz! This is the thought stopping hard lock that has been bred into you that's why you give up exploring any further. You are not alone, I had the same thought stopping process for years until I decided to look behind the curtain.

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39s(m): 10:24am On Nov 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So all the Gods worshiped in ancient times like Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome and England are nonexistent yet people throughout history have been worshiping all these Gods shey?
The presence of the worshippers of a supposed diety does not prove the existence of the diety. People can be deluded, brainwashed, and indoctrinated to worship a nonexistent being or human.

Zeus, Poseidon, Hercules, Ahura Mazda, Sango, Amadioha, Ogun, Jesus, Allah, Eze Nwanyi etc. never existed as claimed by their ardent followers and, where applicable, holy scriptures. Go figure.

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
Martinez39s:
The presence of the worshippers of a supposed diety does not prove the existence of the diety. People can be deluded, brainwashed, and indoctrinated to worship a nonexistent being or human.

Zeus, Poseidon, Hercules, Ahura Mazda, Sango, Amadioha, Ogun, Jesus, Allah, Eze Nwanyi etc. never existed as claimed by their ardent followers and, where applicable, holy scriptures. Go figure.

Guy, they all existed but they're not fit to last because they're all fallen angels, they have transformed into something else deceiving their worshipers that they're now Jesus that's why you're seeing thousands of different religions all claiming worshipers of Jesus with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39s(m): 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Guy, they all existed but they're not fit to last because they're all fallen angels, they have transformed into something else deceiving their worshipers that they're now Jesus that's why you're seeing thousands of different religions all claiming worshipers of Jesus with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines! smiley
grin Okay.

Wait o. Are you OtemAtum?
Re: How Does God Work? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2023
Martinez39s:
grin Okay.

Is he/she one of Jehovah's Witnesses? smiley

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39s(m): 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Is he/she one of Jehovah's Witnesses? smiley
Nope. He was an online buddy of mine in the religion section, way back. He is the only person I know of that would type what you typed. grin He has another moniker called Otemanuduno, I think.

Anyway, if you are not him, do not bother.
Re: How Does God Work? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2023
Martinez39s:
The presence of the worshippers of a supposed diety does not prove the existence of the diety. People can be deluded, brainwashed, and indoctrinated to worship a nonexistent being or human...

The fact that people, everywhere, of thousands and thousands of years old, who saw how the world was in what we would call the beginning where worshiping a deity, is proof that there is a Deity.

For all people everywhere can not be brainwashed and deceived at the same time and in fact mass brainwashing only became possible with the advent of the television and radio.
Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39s(m): 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:
The fact that people, everywhere, of thousands and thousands of years old, who saw how the world was in what we would call the beginning where worshiping a deity, is proof that there is a Deity.

For all people everywhere can not be brainwashed and deceived at the same time and in fact mass brainwashing only became possible with the advent of the television and radio.
The presence of mystical beliefs and assorted deities across many tribes that were not in contact with each other does not prove the existence of a deity, supernatural entities, or supernatural dimensions.

These beliefs and imagined deities arose from certain aspects of human nature and the harsh environmental factors during our crude early beginning. Let me explain:

(1) IGNORANCE AND NAIVETY
The minds of early humans across the globe knew almost nothing about the physical world compared to that of the modern man. It was therefore not a surprise that the physical world and it's many phenomena overwhelmed their minds and inspired awe and trembling in them. Imagine the naive and ignorant mind of an early man witnessing heavy thunderstorms, bush fires, rainbows, earthquakes, floods, dreams, droughts (whose patterns they were unaware of), hallucinations, mental illness, strange sickness etc.

Since it is inherent in humans to find patterns in things and explanations underlying their observations, the best an early man could do was attribute a lot of things he couldn't explain to magic/supernatural forces. This is a trait intrinsic to mankind. We have a need to make sense of our world. Given the disconnection between various tribe in our beginnings, their explanations and accepted mystical beliefs differed from one another, just as their languages.

(2) WISH FOR A SAVIOUR
Early human life was harsh. There were many existential threats everywhere. Many diseases and affliction which we now take for granted ended a lot of lives, and the early man didn't know what was going on; all he could do was helplessly watch on as some strange happening was afflicting his loved ones and killing them. There were also fierce predators and dangerous animals that could kill a man. Also, there were many natural stuffs like earthquakes, winter, flood, volcanic eruption, avalanche, droughts, pests, etc. that the early man had to survive. It also didn't help that human morality wasn't that impressive and was still evolving. War was common and vicious among humans. I could list many more.

With all these, the early man probably wished for a supernatural saviour that would save them from all these, or at least give him justice or a better world. They knew it would take more that their fellow man to do such... hence the conception of a higher power. The idea that they were all on their own and no one was coming to save them was too depressing and harsh to take.

(3) FEAR OF DEATH AND UNKNOWN
We know this is a primal fear inherent in the human psyche. Most people today are scared or saddened by their own mortality, how much more the early man. Many fancied and were daydreaming about immortality. Some even sort secret formula to immortality from their environments. Those who conceded that it wasn't possible thought of the concept of an afterlife to console themselves.

==========
It is also possible that as man started creating and inventing stuffs, they thought someone created the universe as they created stuffs. Perhaps, they saw some order and purpose in a lot physical stuffs amidst chaos, just like they saw in their inventions. This and the three aforementioned points explains why and how mystical beliefs and the idea of diety came about. As expected, mystical beliefs yield more mystical beliefs. Once you employ mystical belief in one aspect, you have opened a floodgate.

If there was indeed a diety that is as described by the Abrahamic religion, there wouldn't have been conflicting holy books, mystical beliefs and religious wars of the past and present. Even Zeus and other greek gods that the Greeks worshipped are clearly nonexistent and are now widely accepted as part of a mythology.

in fact mass brainwashing only became possible with the advent of the television and radio.
Well, you don't need global brainwashing to have people believing in a deity. The factors I listed early will do the job.

3 Likes

Re: How Does God Work? by jaephoenix(m): 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Man is an inquisitive animal, and attributes any unknown phenomena to supreme beings, thus they worship these gods. But as science explains those phenomena, reliance on religion dwindles. And that explains why religion is slowly fading away
Re: How Does God Work? by jaephoenix(m): 5:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
LordReed:

LoLz! This is the thought stopping hard lock that has been bred into you that's why you give up exploring any further. You are not alone, I had the same thought stopping process for years until I decided to look behind the curtain.
… lo and behold, it was all a scam

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by jaephoenix(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Once in a while, read through your posts and check if they make sense.
How does multiple denominations depict the deity of Jesus?
And are you even aware those guys have been proven to be myths and nothing else(by history), yet to say they exist, including your favorite sky daddy

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by jaephoenix(m): 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2023
Martinez39s:
grin Okay.

Na. That's another fruitcake. This here fruitie, aka MadMax, is on a whole new fruity level all by himself

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by jaephoenix(m): 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

1. Not everyone has a god
2. Worship of deities stemmed from man's ignorance about his surroundings. Like floods, rains, fertility. The ancients attributed gods to such phenomena.
So such worship is borne out of ignorance not the existence of such deities

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by LordReed(m): 6:33pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

… lo and behold, it was all a scam

Self inflicted prison. What a waste. The energy we've devoted to religion could have revolutionalised our collective lives.
Re: How Does God Work? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Not everyone has a god[/quote ]

Off point.
You are talking about todays rebellion and apathy towards God whereas, the post was talking about how the people of the past recognized and acknowleged the presence and existence of God in their languages.

[quote author=jaephoenix post=127146025]
2. Worship of deities stemmed from man's ignorance about his surroundings. Like floods, rains, fertility. The ancients attributed gods to such phenomena.

Stop talking ignorantly. From the past till tomorrow both in Georgia or Zimbabwe and in Gboko, farmers, fishermen, hunters pray for a good harvest.

It is because you have a job as a doctor is why you can be a God rebel.
Re: How Does God Work? by Lucifyre: 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

1. Not everyone has a god

Exactly. Religion is simply a precursor to science. How we understood the world before we hd a better understnding of the world.

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2023
Martinez39s:
The presence of mystical beliefs and assorted deities across many tribes that were not in contact with each other does not prove the existence of a deity, supernatural entities, or supernatural dimensions.

These beliefs and imagined deities arose from certain aspects of human nature and the harsh environmental factors during our crude early beginning. Let me explain:....

Be reasonable. We know things imagined in the past e.g. man flying from one place to another, travelling faster and doing things faster and better.

But no one wishes to imagine a God. It is adverse to man.

And while you say harsh environment, as evidence of God's Curse, clearly Africa was not harsh but blessed and Africans respected God until the white devils came with their Curse. And now Africa is cursed with harshness and suffering and all the things the cursed Whiteman devil used to suffer.
Re: How Does God Work? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Once in a while, read through your posts and check if they make sense.
How does multiple denominations depict the deity of Jesus?
And are you even aware those guys have been proven to be myths and nothing else(by history), yet to say they exist, including your favorite sky daddy

Who proved they never existed?

Continue deceiving yourself! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does God Work? by Martinez39s(m): 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2023
jaephoenix:

Na. That's another fruitcake. This here fruitie, aka MadMax, is on a whole new fruity level all by himself
grin grin
Re: How Does God Work? by jaephoenix(m): 11:33am On Nov 30, 2023
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=127146868][/quote]
So if they pray for a bountiful harvest, then automatically there is a god? Lol 😆
So other occupations don't have atheists? undecided
Re: How Does God Work? by jaephoenix(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Be reasonable. We know things imagined in the past e.g. man flying from one place to another, travelling faster and doing things faster and better.

But no one wishes to imagine a God. It is adverse to man.

And while you say harsh environment, as evidence of God's Curse, clearly Africa was not harsh but blessed and Africans respected God until the white devils came with their Curse. And now Africa is cursed with harshness and suffering and all the things the cursed Whiteman devil used to suffer.
So why isn't the 'white devils' that brought the curse suffering?
Before you say any crap, remember your own folks are running to meet this 'white devils' who have been blessed beyond anything by Yahweh, for being 'white devils'.
Also remember that the fact you're a Christian and you're here disturbing our peace is cos of those 'White devils'
Talk about common sense grin

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by jaephoenix(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Who proved they never existed?

Continue deceiving yourself! cheesy
I did. Scientists did. Etc
Can you?

1 Like

Re: How Does God Work? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

I did. Scientists did. Etc
Can you?

Ọmọ where is your evidence that they never exist? cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does God Work? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:43pm On Nov 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

So why isn't the 'white devils' that brought the curse suffering?
Before you say any crap, remember your own folks are running to meet this 'white devil

Something they have been living in since the 60's and 70's.

See how all of them are working a total of 1i to 20hours a day, or even 72 hours as some of you doctors get, just to survive. That is a cursed way to live.

I just pity those who go there. However, because they are cursed here therefore It is ok for them to choose which system of curse they should carry on their lives.

jaephoenix:

Also remember that the fact you're a Christian and you're here disturbing our peace is cos of those 'White devils'
Talk about common sense

We won't be disturbing your peace if those devils did not come to disturb us first to disturb and scatter our peace and blessings from where we were the happiest people in the world.
Re: How Does God Work? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
jaephoenix:

So if they pray for a bountiful harvest, then automatically there is a god? Lol 😆

If there was no God, they won't pray.

jaephoenix:

So other occupations don't have atheists? undecided

Off point.
Re: How Does God Work? by sonmvayina(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2023
God works by maintaining the universe...there are seven principles governing the universe and you must know them and learn them...

They are the foundation of life's on earth....

https://www.selfhelphealing.co.uk/7-universal-laws/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Tb Joshua Said ‘fearful Year Of 2019’ Would Continue Until March 2020 / H / Who Even Compiled This Bible That Has Stolen People's Freedom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.