Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? (316 Views)

My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) / Ghanaian Pastor Caught In Hotel Room Trying To Sleep With Church Elder's Wife / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by Lameyrite: 7:19am On Dec 01, 2019
I'm not against those that tithe and at the same time not against those that don't tithe.
but according to the scripture,I never come accross where God change what tithe is to be used for.
please I need to know with Bible references.
Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by helinues: 7:22am On Dec 01, 2019
I think it is Left
Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2019
It all boils down to one thing. The purpose for which such things are built.

If it's God-centred then it's right, but if self-centred then it's very wrong.
Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by Lameyrite: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2019
But I think there have been already laid down ways to follow or be used for. why changes now.
when God told Moses to build Tabernacle, it was done by contribution, same as when Solomon built the temple.
Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by thesicilian: 7:41am On Dec 01, 2019
helinues:
I think it is Left
Don't mind him. Every Tom, Dick and Harry always looking for the slightest opportunity to criticize the church and pastors.
Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by paxonel(m): 7:46am On Dec 01, 2019
First of all, tithing is intellectually degrading, brainwashing and illegal distortion of church members borrowed from ancient Judaism of the old testament, Malachi precisely.
Secondly, church building is not the church, the people are. So, why spending so much to build an elaborate building?
Thirdly, schools were meant to build people intellectually. A situation where the source of money used for building schools is gotten from an intellectually degrading system like tithing what do you call that?

Nigerians are truly confused.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by Hiswordxray(m): 9:14am On Dec 01, 2019
If we begin to count those things that are wrong in the body of Christ today we would never come to an end. May God open our eyes and see as we place them fixed on the face of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by BlackfireX: 10:17am On Dec 01, 2019
It is wrong....
Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by orisa37: 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2019
It's right.
Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by orisa37: 2:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
Yes. It's right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For Men Of God To Build Church Or Schools With Church Tithes? by budaatum: 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
orisa37:
Yes. It's right.
I agree. People need educating and those not intelligent enough to use their money to educate themselves should have it taken from them in form of tithe to educate others.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Luke 1 Living Bible / Delete One Of These / Unbelievable: Harvard University Ranks Qur'an As The Best Book For Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.