Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,752 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride (25165 Views)

Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / Why The Free Lagos-Ibadan Train Ride Is Yet To Commence (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by dre11(m): 7:37am On Dec 01, 2019
Ahead of the Christmas and New Year festivities, the Federal Government yesterday declared free train ride from Lagos to Ibadan.
This followed the test-run of the section of the 157-kilometer project from Fagba in Lagos to Ibadan where the standard gauge train terminates.

Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi who flagged off the train service from Lagos Saturday said the free ride which would commence on Monday would last till March 2020.

Daily Trust reports that the at the end of the free ride, the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) would commence commercial operation on the fast train while the construction work continues.

The China Civil Engineering and Construction Corporation (CCECC), the contractor handling the project, had since completed track laying from Iju to Ibadan end of the project. It has now further extended track laying inwards Lagos to Fagba as it approaches Ibadan.

Amaechi alongside officials from the Ministry, the Managing Director of the NRC, Engr. Fidet Okhiria rode rode from Fagba, in Lagos, to Ologuneru, Moniya, which is Kilometre 154, in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

The MD said the corporation and the contractor would release the modalities for the takeoff of the free train ride.

He said two luxury coaches would be deployed on the standard gauge daily, adding that because of the limited space, only about 60 to 80 people will be able to benefit from the free ride on first come, first served basis.

“Because of the limited spaces the free train ride will be on a first come first serve basis and this is how we would run till December 19. From December 21 as directed by the Minister, we would be running service return service daily and this is how we would operate till April when we are expected to begin full commercial operation on this corridor in line with the ministerial directive,” Okhiria said.

The elated Amaechi who expressed satisfaction with the trial ride said it was in line with the promise made to Nigerians to have a smooth Yuletide celebration.

He said, ”I am pleased to announce that the free train ride will begin on Monday at Iju, Lagos, and we would run one return trip to Ibadan. This would be the pattern till December 19 and there would be a break on December 20 to allow for the routine inspection.

“From December 21, we expect to run the service twice a day, and by this time we expected that passengers can now board at Agege, and we would be able to take them to Kilometre 157 in Ibadan.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/update-how-to-enjoy-free-lagos-ibadan-train-ride.html

5 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by helinues: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2019
Free pop corn also dey

Kudos to FG

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by JerryLegend(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2019
Hope they’ve test run it very well. It’s a welcome development though undecided

5 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Brandstudio01: 8:29am On Dec 01, 2019
And why is the Train station this dirty. How much will it cost them to tidy their Business environment?

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by asgard01(m): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
A better nigeria... Kudos to us
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Gabson006: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
Okay
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by vickyjessica(f): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
Nice one from the minister

2 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Yohh: 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
Gradually we could get there..
Though I honestly don't believe Nigeria has a bright future.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by xarm(m): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2019
awuf dey run belle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by sayhi2bammy(m): 8:32am On Dec 01, 2019
I hope this time the passengers wont have to walk 10km in the bush like the other train undecided undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by itsme01: 8:32am On Dec 01, 2019
cool

Ndi Marginalisation wont like this, see them with all kind of negative comments

*the free ride before total completion is for publicity
*each product and services constantly budgets for promo and freebies to attract new customers and NRC are only doing that

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by joelag: 8:33am On Dec 01, 2019
Two Coaches

2 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Bishop4bella(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2019
Weldon
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by iwaeda: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2019
A government highly in debt still doing o show free .Ebute-Meta-Oshodi not part of the Lagos to -Ibadan
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by NnamdiN: 8:35am On Dec 01, 2019
How exactly
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Sommydisaster(m): 8:35am On Dec 01, 2019
grin

NICE DEVELOPMENT, THAT'S HOW IT STARTS

BUT I HOPE IT SHOULDN'T BE ADVENTUROUS

Meanwhile check out my signature and thread for beautiful offers on electronics
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by greatbello(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2019
Misplaced priority.why can't they wait for the total completion of the project ,then run on a subsidized amount for sometime to encourage people to use it. Every free thing in this part of our world is never manage well because it will be over crowded.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by moscobabs(m): 8:36am On Dec 01, 2019
G
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Frezhkid10(m): 8:37am On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
And why is the Train station this dirty. How much will cost the to tidy their environment?

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.
Pay on Delivery
...that's not the train station...

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by cinoedhunter: 8:38am On Dec 01, 2019
Lol... 2 coaches? cheesy naija eh

1 Like

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by uuzba(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2019
Yohh:
Gradually we could get there..
Though I honestly don't believe Nigeria has a bright future.
If you are in speeding car, and you can see that the car is going to hit a wall,...
,will you will be sitting and looking? Or will you do something?
Nigeria's future depends on all of us doing something.
Find out what to do and do it .

6 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Dec 01, 2019
Ahead of the Christmas and New Year festivities, the Federal Government yesterday declared free train ride from Lagos to Ibadan.
Very good one from the Federal government.
God bless our darling Daddy,
President Muhammadu Buhari.

This is a first in the history of our Democracy.
And we are happy we won't be experiencing any fuel scarcity Once again, since Daddy came into power.
Something we went through for many years Pre-PMB.

God bless the hardworking Minister of Transportation,
Rotimi Amaechi ( The Lion of Ubima himself).

God bless Nigeria.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by DD29: 8:40am On Dec 01, 2019
Best President Best Minister And Best Party Ever ! Nigeria Is Working

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by yomalex(m): 8:46am On Dec 01, 2019
smiley
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Pavore9: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2019
Wish I was around to embark from Iju Station to have an experience.

3 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by Sirwallace(m): 8:51am On Dec 01, 2019
That rail line picture is oshodi in Lagos. Always dirty. Sanity and discipline left that place after Fashola left office. Street trading and dumping of gabbage on those track is an eyesore that will not display the aesthetic of that place.

8 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by earthgirl(f): 8:51am On Dec 01, 2019
PC on telegram @earthgirltours if you're interested. Let's join up.
Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by EgunMogaji2: 8:54am On Dec 01, 2019
joelag:
Two Coaches

I trust my people, it’ll be 40 sitting and 99 standing cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by lexy2014: 8:58am On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
And why is the Train station this dirty. How much will cost the to tidy their environment?

Pay on Delivery

That is oshodi

1 Like

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by lexy2014: 8:59am On Dec 01, 2019
post=84517817:
Beautiful scenes....

Oshodi...? How's that beautiful scenes? Are u looking at a different picture?

1 Like

Re: How To Enjoy Free Lagos-ibadan Train Ride by leofab(f): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2019
Moving coffin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Spend 4 Days & 3 Nights On The Obudu Mountains / Lagos: Conductor vs Passenger Wahala / Governor Alex Otti Hands Over 9 Road Projects To Contractors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.