Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,239 members, 7,815,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide (1356 Views)

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Daddy Freeze: "Meet NIMROD Whose Birthday Christians Are Celebrating Today" / Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2019
WHY CHRISTIANS ARE ALSO COMMITTING SUICIDE

John 14:27 (KJV)

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

The reason christians are also committing suicide can be drawn from this saying of Jesus, for no one who truly has the peace that Jesus gives could possibly end up committing suicide as those of the world.

That's why Jesus purposefully distinguished the peace He said He was going to give to His disciples to that which the world gives, so that they would know that it's a very different kind of peace to that which the world gives.

For the world can also give peace, but the difference is that while the peace it gives is tied to the things of this world which are temporal, and hence can change, that which Jesus gives is not tied to the things of this world but the things of the Spirit, therefore it is permanent and cannot change because of the things that pertains to this world.

However it seemed the disciples couldn't understand what Jesus meant by that saying while He was yet with them, but by the time He left them with that His peace which He said He would give to them, and no manner of storms, persecution, trials, attacks, even deaths they suffered in this world could be able to stop them or make them give up, they would have been able to understand why Jesus said that the peace He would give to them was different from that of the world.

For that peace which Jesus gives is not as that of the world which stops and ceases to be when the storm comes, but a peace that continues to hold even in the midst of the storm, hence it is able to take anyone who possesses it through any kind of storm that takes place in this world.

Therefore that's the peace which Christians now lack that makes them to also be committing suicide as those of the world.

Because there's nothing christians go through now that is worse than what the Christians faced after the departure of Jesus from the Earth, in fact it's likely they suffered much worse, but the difference is that peace which Jesus gives that was able to take them through whatever storms they went through while they were in the world.

And this peace which Jesus gives was also meant to distinguish those of His church from those of the world who don't have His peace but just that of the world, by the different way the church reacted to same storms or even worse storms than those faced by those of the world, so that the world would come to know that God can give them greater peace than that which the world has to offer.

But when the christians who are meant to showcase to the world the glaring difference of the peace that Jesus gives as they did in those days, now start committing suicide as those of the world do, it makes it hard for the world to believe that what the Christians have is any better than what they have.

It's important that the peace which Jesus gives is restored to the lives of christians, so that they can become what they once were when storms of the world couldn't stop them or make them give up, but they were able to continue in spite of it, for that unmatched persistence that His peace brings, was one of the major reasons the world and her leaders at the time had to stand up and take notice of the church.

John 16:33 (KJV)

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by OtemAtum: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2019
Depression is no respecter of anybody. It's the cause of many suicides. Fictitious Jesus cannot save anyone from suicide. Determination and unwillingness to give up can.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Kenneygirl(f): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2019
"Because there's nothing christians go through now that is worse than what the Christians faced after the departure of Jesus from the Earth, in fact it's likely they suffered much worse"

How do you know ,where you there?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Brandstudio01: 8:37am On Dec 01, 2019
Sir your Title does not make you a Christian. No one with deep relationship with the Holy Spirit will think of Suicide sir.

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.

Pay on Delivery
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Sir your Title does not make you a Christian. No one with deep relationship with the Holy Spirit will think of Suicide sir.

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid while promo Lasts. See my info below to Chat me up.

Pay on Delivery
So in your definition of who a Christians is, who were these?

https://time.com/5674636/megachurch-pastor-jarrid-wilson-dies-suicide/

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/05/15/rccg-gospel-minister-arowosaiye-commits-suicide/
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Brandstudio01: 9:12am On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/05/15/rccg-gospel-minister-arowosaiye-commits-suicide/
Read my Post sir. That people call you a Pastor does not Necessarily mean you must go to heaven sir. Some are only hiding under the name Pastor
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Read my Post sir. That people call you a Pastor does not Necessarily mean you must go to heaven sir. Some are only hiding under the name Pastor
I did this to show you that you're only using the title of christian to deny the truth of the reality of suicide amongst Christians, for these are not just floor members of the church but ministers and one was a well known pastor who even advised on these issues.

Bro let's face the Truth and try to do something about it, hiding behind lies and trying to pretend these issues are not there won't solve anything, and that's what this post is about. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:

Pay on Delivery

All Christians who have faith in Jesus and believe his teaching about heaven firmly should willing commit suicide. There is no offence in that.

A christian should avoid earthly suffering through suicide. Why should you deny them heavenly eternal bliss?

Abi I lie MuttleyLaff?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:28am On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

Do you want to answer his question, are you a Christian? undecided
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Brandstudio01: 9:29am On Dec 01, 2019
Oga the things of the Spirit is not for the carnal minds. For a carnal mind can never understand the things of the Spirit. Can I asked you sir?
Are you a born again?

Because no one fill with the Holy Ghost will consider suicide as a second opinion.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Brandstudio01: 9:31am On Dec 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

All Christians who have faith in Jesus and believe his teaching about heaven firmly should willing commit suicide. There is no offence in that.

A christian should avoid earthly suffering through suicide. Why should you deny them heavenly eternal bliss?

Abi I lie MuttleyLaff?
Oga the things of the Spirit is not the carnal minds. For a carnal mind can never understand the the things of the Spirit. Can I asked you sir?
Are you a born again?

Oga no one fill with the Holy Ghost will consider suicide as a second opinion.

Again what makes your walk with the Holy Spirit is the Holly Spirit. Not the Title. That's why a Christian can still die and go to hell Sir
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 01, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Do you want to answer his question, are you a Christian? undecided
I am a disciple of Jesus so does that answer your question?

By the way he didn't ask me that question, you didn't get his point.
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by MuttleyLaff: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Abi I lie MuttleyLaff?

MuttleyLaff:
... Do you know that, the devil is the only person that suggested to another person, to go kill themselves, hmm?. I think I am right on that.

Also, are you aware that anyone, who actually goes through and commits plain straight and undiluted suicide, had at that moment of doing the act, gone wacko, as in, a temporary madness gone too far, hmm? So from that point and especially from what, I've got to learned about the subject, suicide, I am not one to judge persons who have died by committing plain straight and undiluted suicide.

One's life is the property of God and it is a gift. Life is to be perpetuated for as long as it possibly can be. You keep alive, stay alive, keep on going, keep in existence, preserve yourself. Life is for jollification, enjoying the moment, not hating. In spite of whatever and whether one likes life or not, you don't just like that, destroy it or be egging anyone on, urging them ahead, to go take their lives FOLYKAZE. God forbid such person already was nursing and playing around with suicidal thoughts in his/her mind and with your encouragement, they get to fall off a cliff erhn?

Death is a universal truth that can never be defied. Death will come, it is mandatory too, so why rush to or chase after it. Why carelessly shorten life by a bad decision and/or foolish action(s)?...
FOLYKAZE, there is nothing in Jesus' teaching about heaven that encouraged believers to necessarily take their lives in their own hands. Jesus advised some extreme things to do in order to safeguard ones place in the kingdom of heaven but taking ones life to do this, isnt among the list. Sorry. Jesus just didnt teach anyone to take their lives, period.

Heavenly eternal bliss, is not running away. It is there, ever waiting for all who desire it. Heavenly eternal bliss, doesnt require and/or want anyone running to it by cutting short their lives on earth. No!

Besides, FOLYKAZE, it might interest you to know that suffering is a virtue. Our God, is longsuffering in silence. Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior often said: suffer the children to come to Him. Also, Isaiah 53 the Suffering Servant, is a prophecy about Jesus. Last point FOLYKAZE, right from the beginning and actually before the fall from grace, God said: "subdue the earth" Subdue, as a matter of fact, has a ring of conquer, get the better of, overpower, overcome, gain control of, master, suppress, gain the upper hand over, triumph over, tame, defeat, vanquish etcetera meaning to it. Its no wonder, God rewards suffering for righteousness’ sake

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by MuttleyLaff: 11:28am On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
"15I would rather die by strangulation than continue living
(i.e. would rather be strangled, rather die than suffer like this Death rather than my pains.)
16I hate my life and don’t want to go on living. Oh, leave me alone for my few remaining days
"
- Job 7:15-16

"Then he went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, LORD,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died."
- 1 Kings 19:4

"3Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!
9But God said to him, "What right do you have to be angry about the plant?"
Jonah replied, "I have every right to be angry--angry enough to die!"
"
- Jonah 4:3, 9

"14Cursed be the day in which I was born! Let the day not be blessed in which my mother bore me!
18Why did I come forth from the womb to see labor and sorrow,
That my days should be consumed with shame?
"
- Jeremiah 20:14, 18

Brandstudio01, there is nothing wrong in thinking about suicide. Big men in the bible often approached God thinking of suicide. Job, who suffered greatly after God gave Satan permission to attack, at Job 6:8-9 and Job 7:15-16 had suicidal thoughts. Elijah, at 1 Kings 19:4 above, had suicidal thoughts after being overwhelmed by Jezebel's hostility and ill-treatments. Jonah at had suicidal thoughts at Jonah 4:3 and would you believe it Brandstudio01, that even Jonah vehemently, in Jonah 4:9, restated this to God's face, hmm? Jeremiah another big man, out of frustration, actually in Jeremiah 20:14, like Job did in Job 3:3, cursed the day he was born. He further in Jeremiah 20:18 queried why at all he was born, lol. I am sorry I laughed, when its not really a laughing matter. Depression is a serious thing. It is a moment when one is not anymore thinking right

We are permited to indulge in going doolally crazy at times, only that it shouldnt get the better of us. Taking ones life unrighteously, is a temporary madness and/or doolally crazy, gone too far and unchecked. Only God knows, after taking in all the considertions, circumstances, facts etcetera what is seen as righteously taking ones life

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Brandstudio01: 11:40am On Dec 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"15I would rather die by strangulation than continue living
(i.e. would rather be strangled, rather die than suffer like this Death rather than my pains.)
16I hate my life and don’t want to go on living. Oh, leave me alone for my few remaining days
"
- Job 7:15-16

"Then he went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, LORD,” he said. “Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died."
- 1 Kings 19:4

"3Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live!
9But God said to him, "What right do you have to be angry about the plant?"
Jonah replied, "I have every right to be angry--angry enough to die!"
"
- Jonah 4:3, 9

"14Cursed be the day in which I was born! Let the day not be blessed in which my mother bore me!
18Why did I come forth from the womb to see labor and sorrow,
That my days should be consumed with shame?
"
- Jeremiah 20:14, 18

Brandstudio01, there is nothing wrong in thinking about suicide. Big men in the bible often approached God thinking of suicide. Job, who suffered greatly after God gave Satan permission to attack, at Job 6:8-9 and Job 7:15-16 had suicidal thoughts. Elijah, at 1 Kings 19:4 above, had suicidal thoughts after being overwhelmed by Jezebel's hostility and ill-treatments. Jonah at had suicidal thoughts at Jonah 4:3 and would you believe it Brandstudio01, that even Jonah vehemently, in Jonah 4:9, restated this to God's face, hmm? Jeremiah another big man, out of frustration, actually in Jeremiah 20:14, like Job did in Job 3:3, cursed the day he was born. He further in Jeremiah 20:18 queried why at all he was born, lol. I am sorry I laughed, when its not really a laughing matter. Depression is a serious thing. It is a moment when one is not anymore thinking right

We are permited to indulge in going doolally crazy at times, only that it shouldnt get the better of us. Taking ones life unrighteously, is a temporary madness and/or doolally crazy, gone too far and unchecked. Only God knows, after taking in all the considertions, circumstances, facts etcetera what is seen as righteously taking ones life
Oga again, are you a born again? Filled with the Holy Spirit?

Not the conventional Christian
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by MuttleyLaff: 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Oga again, are you a born again? Filled with the Holy Spirit?
Not the conventional Christian
"If this is how you intend to treat me, just go ahead and kill me.
Do me a favor and spare me this misery!
"
- Numbers 11:15

I know who I am. I am comfortable in myself with what I am in Christ. If you must know, I am born from on high, sanctified, constantly filling into my gifted Holy Spirit. Of course, you're bang right on the money, I am not a conventional Christian at all, at all. I often bring strong meat to that cracks teeth to the table, and so never shy from eating alone. I hope all your curiosities are answered, lol. Dont get distracted by looking at my finger, rather look at what my finger is pointing at. God is a Just Judge and will be fair in all matters, like of this nature of commiting suicide. Ignore the messenger, take note of the message. Thank you.

Brandstudio01, fyi, that speaking in Numbers 11:15 above, is our dear grand Moses, being suicidal. Now I dont read God telling Moses off nor dont hear God telling Moses to shut the foxtrot uniform charlie kilo up
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
Kenneygirl:
"Because there's nothing christians go through now that is worse than what the Christians faced after the departure of Jesus from the Earth, in fact it's likely they suffered much worse"

How do you know ,where you there?
How did you know I was not there?
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by orisa37: 1:44pm On Dec 01, 2019
PRACTICAL ANGLE:-

DEMOCRATS WHO CAN'T COPE WITH TRUMP'S STANDARDS OF CHRISTIANITY ARE BECOMING FRUSTRATED.

CHRISTIANS ARE BECOMING MORE FRUSTRATED WITH BUHARI'S CLUMSINESS, WOLFISHNESS, FULANISM AND DICTATORSHIP.

SUICIDE, NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES, IS UNBELIEF AND A SIN IN CHRISTIANITY.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Oga the things of the Spirit is not the carnal minds. For a carnal mind can never understand the the things of the Spirit. Can I asked you sir?
Are you a born again?

Oga no one fill with the Holy Ghost will consider suicide as a second opinion.

Again what makes your walk with the Holy Spirit is the Holly Spirit. Not the Title. That's why a Christian can still die and go to hell Sir

Load of crap.

Jesus did committed suicide and Paul contemplated taking his own life. Are you a better born-again than they are?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Brandstudio01: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Load of crap.

Jesus did committed suicide and Paul contemplated taking his own life. Are you a better born-again than they are?
Lols. It's well with you my brother
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:07pm On Dec 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:

FOLY, there is nothing in Jesus' teaching about heaven that encouraged believers to necessarily take their lives in their own hands. Jesus advised some extreme things to do in order to safeguard ones place in the kingdom of heaven but taking ones life to do this, isnt among the list. Sorry. Jesus just didnt teach anyone to take their lives, period.

Oga Muttley, Jesus also did not condemn taking of one's life. He actually gave a hope of better life in heaven and promised to prepare a conducive home for his believers. In John 14, he promised to prepare a place; with big mansion-houses, great cities paved with gold.

Jesus himself laid down his life which amounts to suicide. If Christians follow the steps of Jesus, they should also commit suicide just like there lord did.

MuttleyLaff:

Heavenly eternal bliss, is not running away. It is there, ever waiting for all who desire it. Heavenly eternal bliss, doesnt require and/or want anyone running to it by cutting short their lives on earth. No!

Earthly suffering is unending esp now we live in it (Rev 12:12). Many at times, when suffering become unbearable, the last resort should be escaping the suffering for an eternal bliss in heaven.
Job, Jonah, Jeremiah and Elijah all concluded the only last resort after a long suffering is been dead and make it to heaven.

Apostle Paul spelt it out that living in heaven with Jesus is far better than ensuring suffering coupled with sickness and disease on earth. With the options available, christians should commit suicide and move to their mansions and golden streets. Holding unto earth only exposes that heaven is farce.

MuttleyLaff:

Besides, FOLY, it might interest you to know that suffering is a virtue. Our God, is longsuffering in silence. Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior often said: suffer the children to come to Him. Also, Isaiah 53 the Suffering Servant, is a prophecy about Jesus. Last point FOLY, right from the beginning and actually before the fall from grace, God said: "subdue the earth" Subdue, as a matter of fact, has a ring of conquer, get the better of, overpower, overcome, gain control of, master, suppress, gain the upper hand over, triumph over, tame, defeat, vanquish etcetera meaning to it. Its no wonder, God rewards suffering for righteousness’ sake

Are you for real? Does the amount of suffering one endures equals how big one mansion-houses would be in heaven? What is the gain of all the sufferings? David declared it is all vanity.

All efforts on earth is vanity, therefore if you subdue the earth, it is in vain. So hello bro Muttley, only an original suffer head who doesn't have an assurance that there is a heaven would continue enduring suffering on earth.

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Lols. It's well with you my brother

Very well my brother. It just doesn't make sense enduring all pains when there is a better place with mansions and gold paved streets, a place where all suffering ends.

Would you have prefer prison to your home? Read revelation 12:12 for more understanding

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by budaatum: 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

But when the christians who are meant to showcase to the world the glaring difference of the peace that Jesus gives as they did in those days, now start committing suicide as those of the world do, it makes it hard for the world to believe that what the Christians have is any better than what they have.
Christians in name, you mean, who claim to have Christ but produce unspiritual fruits.

They would not commit suicide if they truly had Christ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

I am a disciple of Jesus so does that answer your question?

By the way he didn't ask me that question, you didn't get his point.

You are a disciple of Jesus but not a Christian? undecided
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by MuttleyLaff: 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
Oga Muttley, Jesus also did not condemn taking of one's life. He actually gave a hope of better life in heaven and promised to prepare a conducive home for his believers. In John 14, he promised to prepare a place; with big mansion-houses, great cities paved with gold.
"But the meek (i.e. the humble) will inherit the land (i.e. the earth)and enjoy peace and prosperity."
- Psalm 37:11

... and FOLYKAZE you think this hope of better life and promise to prepare a conducive home for His believers is in heaven, huh?

If you didnt know that Heaven, is a honeymoon trip, gone on and to return back from, come down and back to earth to, then you seriously are in dire need, to go on a speed/crash course, to learn on how to, on all levels, understandably read the Bible. C'mon now, you do know that after the honeymoon in heaven, everyone is coming back to earth, hmm or didnt cha know that, lol?

FOLYKAZE:
Jesus himself laid down his life which amounts to suicide.
"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

FOLYKAZE, please dont, dont insult my intelligence with your "Jesus Himself laid down his life which amounts to suicide" remark. Jesus an innocent man was crucified, period. He was killed, He did not commit suicide. OK, so what, you want to flag it as suicide, yeah? Well it a righteous suicide by a righteous Man. This singular holy act cannot be done by anybody else. Judas Iscariot, committed suicide. What Judas Iscariot, did amounts to suicide, but not our Lord Jesus Christ, His laying down His life does not in any way amount to suicide. In fact Himself said that "There is no greater love than this: that a person would lay down his life for the sake of his friends." That's what Jesus did, give love, no commit suicide

FOLYKAZE:
If Christians follow the steps of Jesus, they should also commit suicide just like there lord did.
FOLYKAZE, anyone can be a hero, like give up their lives for saving another, maybe from fire, drowning, wild animal attack, getting hit by a car, train or bus, take a bullet shot for another, the list goes on, but FOLYKAZE no one can do a Jesus, no one can be like Jesus, this meaning, no one can die for the salvation of humans. No one can repeat, copy and/or perform again what Jesus did. What Jesus did, you seem to want it commonised, but it is just not possible. It isnt possible because, it requires a sinless person only to do. It requires someone free from sin, like only Jesus Christ to be able to pull it off and make it worthwhile.

The steps Jesus taught his disciples to tred and follow, is to die to self. Jesus never in His 33 years on earth, not once and/or anytime ever suggested or recommended suicide. Agbẹdọ, Ọlọun ma jeka rogun agbako. God forbid that kind bad thing

FOLYKAZE:
Earthly suffering is unending esp now we live in it (Rev 12:12). Many at times, when suffering become unbearable, the last resort should be escaping the suffering for an eternal bliss in heaven.
Job, Jonah, Jeremiah and Elijah all concluded the only last resort after a long suffering is been dead and make it to heaven.
"1Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.
3For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease.
4He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.
5Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day.
6Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday.
7Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you.
8Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished.
9If you make the LORD your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter,
10no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home.
11For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go.
"
- Psalm 91:1-11 etcetera

FOLYKAZE:
Apostle Paul spelt it out that living in heaven with Jesus is far better than ensuring suffering coupled with sickness and disease on earth. With the options available, christians should commit suicide and move to their mansions and golden streets. Holding unto earth only exposes that heaven is farce.
Apostle Paul according to you might have spelt it out, but did Apostle Paul spell out committing suicide as a means and/or way out of this our challenging world. Did he himself actually commit suicide?. Having suicidal thought is clearly different to an actual suicide nah.

Who golden streets epp? You want them to die and go to heaven, right? Even after now knowing, that after the honeymoon in heaven, everyone is coming back to earth, hmm? It is only a wicked and twisted person, which I am sure you arent necessarily are, will be pushing with this persistent diabolical persuasion that some others should commit suicide. Kilode gan? Wetin sef? Why? Is it your life?

FOLYKAZE:
Are you for real? Does the amount of suffering one endures equals how big one mansion-houses would be in heaven? What is the gain of all the sufferings? David declared it is all vanity.
Take out your beef with the Owner or just bear in mind that every suffering for Christ' sake and/or for the kingdom, like every wickedness, is rewarded. I reiterate, God rewards suffering for righteousness’ sake

FOLYKAZE:
All efforts on earth is vanity, therefore if you subdue the earth, it is in vain.
Dont be disrepecting God who commanded that the earth be subdued with this your devil-may-care remark.

FOLYKAZE:
So hello bro Muttley, only an original suffer head who doesn't have an assurance that there is a heaven would continue enduring suffering on earth.
You're increasingly beginning to come across as a one-trick pony playing the same broken vinyl record suffer suffer head over and over again.

FOLYKAZE, now, I am going to give you a break, yeah, I am because I try to be just, fair and do things above board. You can if overwhelmed by suffer suffer commit suicide, but ah, hang on José before you run with this, there is a proviso. The proviso is you get authorisation or clearance from God before doing it. Anyone that is anybody in the Bible that nursed suicidal thoughts, first sought approval from God about it, it is only Samson that got God's consent for him to commit suicide. Brandstudio01 stick your fingers in your ear and cover your face and eyes with your palms so not to have heard or read this tough meat, lol.

FOLYKAZE, I almost forgot to reiterate that, the devil is the only person that suggests to another person, to go kill themselves. He did it in both the beautiful lushful garden and also in the wilderness harsh garden with the two Adams respectively. Think about that, lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

You are a disciple of Jesus but not a Christian? undecided
A disciple of Jesus is greater than a christian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
jesusjnr:

A disciple of Jesus is greater than a christian.

But you are not a Christian, right? undecided
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

But you are not a Christian, right? undecided
In the sense of John was more than a prophet. He was a prophet but even more.

Apply that logic to my previous answer.
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2019
MuttleyLaff:
"But the meek (i.e. the humble) will inherit the land (i.e. the earth)and enjoy peace and prosperity."
- Psalm 37:11

... and FOLY you think this hope of better life and promise to prepare a conducive home for His believers is in heaven, huh?

If you didnt know that Heaven, is a honeymoon trip, gone on and to return back from, come down and back to earth to, then you seriously are in dire need, to go on a speed/crash course, to learn on how to, on all levels, understandably read the Bible. C'mon now, you do know that after the honeymoon in heaven, everyone is coming back to earth, hmm or didnt cha know that, lol?

That verse above talked about the meek ones... Anyone, including the pagans can be meek. It has nothing to do with Christians or Christianity.

Matt 5:3 mentioned "blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
John 14:3 mentioned "... I will come again, and receive you unto myself ; that where I am, there ye may be also"
1 thes 4:17 mentioned " then we which are alive and remain shall be caught together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air..."

Those three verses indicate that Christians are going to heaven. We ain't discussing about meek ones but Christians sir.

MuttleyLaff:
"My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20

FOLYKAZE, please dont, dont insult my intelligence with your "Jesus Himself laid down his life which amounts to suicide" remark. Jesus an innocent man was crucified, period. He was killed, He did not commit suicide. OK, so what, you want to flag it as suicide, yeah? Well it a righteous suicide by a righteous Man. This singular holy act cannot be done by anybody else. Judas Iscariot, committed suicide. What Judas Iscariot, did amounts to suicide, but not our Lord Jesus Christ, His laying down His life does not in any way amount to suicide. In fact Himself said that "There is no greater love than this: that a person would lay down his life for the sake of his friends." That's what Jesus did, give love, no commit suicide

Dear mr Muttley, you need to read your Bible more.

According to John 10:18, Jesus wasn't really killed, he laid down his own life which equals to suicide.

The verse reads, 'No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up..."

A superman like Jesus could have cursed the armies who nailed him to death like he did to the fig tree. He could have used his army of angels to fight on his behalf or simply disappeared. He didn't do any of this but committed suicide.

MuttleyLaff:
FOLY, anyone can be a hero, like give up their lives for saving another, maybe from fire, drowning, wild animal attack, getting hit by a car, train or bus, take a bullet shot for another, the list goes on, but FOLY no one can do a Jesus, no one can be like Jesus, this meaning, no one can die for the salvation of humans. No one can repeat, copy and/or perform again what Jesus did. What Jesus did, you seem to want it commonised, but it is just not possible. It isnt possible because, it requires a sinless person only to do. It requires someone free from sin, like only Jesus Christ to be able to pull it off and make it worthwhile.

The steps Jesus taught his disciples to tred and follow, is to die to self. Jesus never in His 33 years on earth, not once and/or anytime ever suggested or recommended suicide. Agbẹdọ, Ọlọun ma jeka rogun agbako. God forbid that kind bad thing

Firstly, Philippians 2:5-11 instructed that Christians must think and act like Christ Jesus.

Secondly, I am not asking anyone to be a hero by saving someone or sacrificing their life like Jesus did. All I am saying is that Christians should do what their lord did, commit suicide ad move to heaven. The purpose here is escaping earthly suffering among others.

MuttleyLaff:
Apostle Paul according to you might have spelt it out, but did Apostle Paul spell out committing suicide as a means and/or way out of this our challenging world. Did he himself actually commit suicide?. Having suicidal thought is clearly different to an actual suicide nah.

Who golden streets epp? You want them to die and go to heaven, right? Even after now knowing, that after the honeymoon in heaven, everyone is coming back to earth, hmm? It is only a wicked and twisted person, which I am sure you arent necessarily are, will be pushing with this persistent diabolical persuasion that some others should commit suicide. Kilode gan? Wetin sef? Why? Is it your life?

The death of St. Paul is not found in the bible, but tradition holds that he was beheaded i rome and thus died as a martyr.

Please note, the difference between suicide and martyrdom is the press cover. Many Islamic view bombers as martyrs but the other side see it as suicide.

Apostle Paul not only thought of committing suicide, he indeed committed one.

MuttleyLaff:
Take out your beef with the Owner or just bear in mind that every suffering for Christ' sake and/or for the kingdom, like every wickedness, is rewarded. I reiterate, God rewards suffering for righteousness’ sake

Dont be disrepecting God who commanded that the earth be subdued with this your devil-may-care remark.

That is your own make up sir.
Eccl 12:8 shows the pointlessness of human activities.

Can you show us verse that states there is a reward for enduring pains n earth?

MuttleyLaff:
You're increasingly beginning to come across as a one-trick pony playing the same broken vinyl record suffer suffer head over and over again.

FOLY, now, I am going to give you a break, yeah, I am because I try to be just, fair and do things above board. You can if overwhelmed by suffer suffer commit suicide, but ah, hang on José before you run with this, there is a proviso. The proviso is you get authorisation or clearance from God before doing it. Anyone that is anybody in the Bible that nursed suicidal thoughts, first sought approval from God about it, it is only Samson that got God's consent for him to commit suicide. Brandstudio01 stick your fingers in your ear and cover your face and eyes with your palms so not to have heard or read this tough meat, lol.

FOLY, I almost forgot to reiterate that, the devil is the only person that suggests to another person, to go kill themselves. He did it in both the beautiful lushful garden and also in the wilderness harsh garden with the two Adams respectively. Think about that, lol

You see bro, I am not Christian and wouldn't want to commit suicide because I don't believe there is a place with big mansion, transparent cities and gold paved street anywhere. That is entirely a religious people thing.

Hey, suicide isn't a thing of Christianity only. It is present in Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Zoroastrism and so many religions out there. At many points, adherent of these faiths have committed suicide and will continue committing suicide.

Many people before the coming of Jesus, during the reign of Jesus and after his reign on earth have committed suicide. Many Christians committed mass suicides. So this is nothing new.

My issue here is why would a christian who has a a faith in heaven, a beautiful place where pains, hunger, suffering, depression and hopelessness do not exist, want to continue ensuring pain and suffering on earth? Doesn't this suggest heaven is not real?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by MuttleyLaff: 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
That verse above talked about the meek ones... Anyone, including the pagans can be meek. It has nothing to do with Christians or Christianity.
The verse actually in the original text talked about the humble ones, which is why I put in humble in brackets. Everything Jesus commanded and/or talked about is for everyone who has ears to listen and hear with. There is no discrimination

FOLYKAZE:
Matt 5:3 mentioned "blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
John 14:3 mentioned "... I will come again, and receive you unto myself ; that where I am, there ye may be also"
1 thes 4:17 mentioned " then we which are alive and remain shall be caught together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air..."

Those three verses indicate that Christians are going to heaven. We ain't discussing about meek ones but Christians sir.
Nope sire, my dear Sir. Kingdom of heaven is not the same as heaven itself, besides I keep informing you that going to heaven is a honeymoon journey, that everyone is coming back down to earth, lol, after it

FOLYKAZE:
Dear mr Muttley, you need to read your Bible more.
I already do. You should do same too but carefully and thoughtfully be reading it

FOLYKAZE:
According to John 10:18, Jesus wasn't really killed, he laid down his own life which equals to suicide.

The verse reads, "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up..."
It is true and a statement of fact. No one could kill Jesus. No one could take His life from Him. Jesus because He had no sin couldnt die, lol. FOLYKAZE, do you know how people die with their last breath, hmm? OK, do you know how Jesus died with His last breadth, lol? Fyi, Jesus would have hanging on that cross indefinitely without dying, had it been that He did not give up His life Himself by exhaling His, a last breath. He warned God in advance He was about to do just that, lol, when He at Luke 23:46, said, "Father into your hands I commit my spirit" Jesus literally and practically there and then laid down His life, lol. It is not suicide. Suicide is taking ones life, Jesus laid down His life for all humanity, that's you inclusive FOLYKAZE. Praise God. Alleluia.

FOLYKAZE:
A superman like Jesus could have cursed the armies who nailed him to death like he did to the fig tree. He could have used his army of angels to fight on his behalf or simply disappeared. He didn't do any of this but committed suicide.
Yeah, that's true, He could have, if it were in a Hollywood or Nollywood movie FOLYKAZE, only all that ideas werent in the God script Jesus is acting from, lol

FOLYKAZE:
Firstly, Philippians 2:5-11 instructed that Christians must think and act like Christ Jesus.
C'mon now FOLYKAZE, you're bigger than this. Why trying to pull wool over our eyes here now. Philippians 2:5-11 is talking about humility, saying be humble like Jesus is. It doesnt anywhere support or advocate for suicide. You're scampering all over the bible, out of fear, looking for anything to clutch at, as if to save you from drowning, simply just so to get an upper hand. Na wa ooo, smh.

FOLYKAZE:
Secondly, I am not asking anyone to be a hero by saving someone or sacrificing their life Jesus did. All I am saying is that Christians should do what their lord did, commit suicide ad move to heaven. The purpose here is escaping earthly suffering among others.
When will you get FOLYKAZE that none of the 300 commands of Jesus Christ advises anyone to commit suicide. There 1050 commands in the New Testament, not a single one puts forward a case to commit suicide, they tell you to endure suffering, but dont urge you to take your life

FOLYKAZE:
The death of St. Paul is not found in the bible, but tradition holds that he was beheaded in Rome and thus died as a martyr.

Please note, the difference between suicide and martyrdom is the press cover. Many Islamic view bombers as martyrs but the other side see it as suicide.

Apostle Paul not only thought of committing suicide, he indeed committed one.
Islamic bombers viewed as martyrs took their lives with the own hands, and so committed suicide, Apostle Paul on the other hand did not by his own hands kill himself. He did not commit suicide but was killed by other for his faith and religious belief. Its like chalk and cheese, they arent the same thing FOLYKAZE

FOLYKAZE:
That is your own make up sir.
Eccl 12:8 shows the pointlessness of human activities.
Do you believe Ecclesiastes 12:8? Do you believe that life is pointless and/or meaningless, hmm?

FOLYKAZE:
Can you show us verse that states there is a reward for enduring pains n earth?
Of course, I easily can but what good will it do if I should, if not only waste the verses on you, but just to make the effort, here are a few for you to fill your boots up with:"But you must keep control of yourself in all circumstances; endure suffering, do the work of a preacher of the Good News, and perform your whole duty as a servant of God."
- 2 Timothy 4:5

"As a good soldier of Christ Jesus you must endure your share of suffering."
- 2 Timothy 2:3

and here FOLYKAZE follows more with talk of blessing and/or reward lol, the likes of 1 Peter 5:10, 1 Peter 2:20, 2 Corinthians 1:7, Matthew 5:11, Matthew 19:29, Romans 8:17, Acts 5:41 etcetera

FOLYKAZE:
You see bro, I am not Christian and wouldn't want to commit suicide because I don't believe there is a place with big mansion, transparent cities and gold paved street anywhere. That is entirely a religious people thing.
FOLYKAZE, we've now almost countless time being up this garden path. Who gold paved street anywhere epp? Heaven is a honeymoon journey for crying out loud. Everyone is coming back down to earth.

FOLYKAZE:
Hey, suicide isn't a thing of Christianity only. It is present in Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Zoroastrism and so many religions out there. At many points, adherent of these faiths have committed suicide and will continue committing suicide.
You've being pulling and trying every trick in your bag, I guess this the time for trying the console one, erhn? Try to butter me up by cheering me suicides in other faith. Sorry to burst your bubble, believers aren't neccesarily encouraged to take their lives

FOLYKAZE:
Many people before the coming of Jesus, during the reign of Jesus and after his reign on earth have committed suicide. Many Christians committed mass suicides. So this is nothing new.
Those are cults, fanatics, extremists, crackpots etcetera and you know that

FOLYKAZE:
My issue here is why would a christian who has a faith in heaven, a beautiful place where pains, hunger, suffering, depression and hopelessness do not exist, want to continue ensuring pain and suffering on earth? Doesn't this suggest heaven is not real?
[img]https://s3/images/FacePalmSmh.gif[/img]
Here we go again. When is FOLYKAZE going to get it, that
believers aren't in a rush or have a reckless haste, to go to heaven.
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51am On Dec 02, 2019
jesusjnr:

In the sense of John was more than a prophet. He was a prophet but even more.

Apply that logic to my previous answer.

Since Christians are known to be little-Christs can we say that you are more or less a bigger Christ? undecided
Re: Why Christians Are Also Committing Suicide by Nobody: 4:31am On Dec 02, 2019
OLAADEGBU:

Since Christians are known to be little-Christs can we say that you are more or less a bigger Christ? undecided
If Christians are known as little-Christs, then what is a disciple of Christ known as?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Right Now I Believe There Is No God.. / Israel Rabbi Speaks : ‘messiah Coming This Year!’ / Solutions To Life Issues--(spirituality) Herbs And Mystics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.