Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important (8531 Views)

Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke / What To Do When You Find It Difficult To Forgive Someone / When You Refuse To Forgive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by CapitalHYC(m): 10:18am On Dec 08, 2019
femi4:
you continue to forgive, in fact, you forgive in advance.

Forgive him/her despite of what they have done an inspite of what they ll still do to you

You don't forgive when its convenient ......you forgive cos its a decision you chose to abide with

Most definitely, You are a joke... Better wake up and Walk out of the marriage
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by femi4: 10:19am On Dec 08, 2019
CapitalHYC:

Most definitely, You are a joke... Better wake up and Walk out of the marriage
Immaturity at its peak

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by CapitalHYC(m): 10:20am On Dec 08, 2019
femi4:
Immaturity at its peak

I see... Weak Man .
You are nothing but a sissy
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by femi4: 10:20am On Dec 08, 2019
post=84728217:
Forgiveness leads to Peace of Heart........
70x7 times not 77 times
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by femi4: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2019
CapitalHYC:

I see... Weak Man .
You are nothing but a sissy
The gentility of a Lion should not be mistaken for weakness

In fact, a loser find it hard to forgive cos he is weak
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by kaziblake(f): 10:23am On Dec 08, 2019
I will never forgive this person that hurt me.... This has to do with my life..
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by CapitalHYC(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2019
femi4:
The gentility of a Lion should not be mistaken for weakness

In fact, a loser find it hard to forgive cos he is weak

I'm done with this Convo.. It's unproductive
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Liliyann(f): 10:26am On Dec 08, 2019
I know I don't have a forgiving heart and that has been my major weakness cry
I don't forgive easily and I must revenge for any wrong before my heart is at peace
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Sandypearl: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2019
ceeroh:
I'm not good at forgiving people.
Just try and learn it,because you ate setting a prisoner free which is you. May the Holy Spirit help you.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Sandypearl: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2019
ceeroh:
I'm not good at forgiving people.
Just try and learn it,because you are setting a prisoner free which is you. May the Holy Spirit help you.
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Temitogab: 11:02am On Dec 08, 2019
Forgiveness is the bridge to your future. It's impossible to live in this world and not have the opportunity to be offended. After offence what will your response be?
If you don't forgive it shows you have not benefited from God's forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by sweetilicious(f): 11:06am On Dec 08, 2019
Amanda4life:
I pray God touches my heart not to keep malice again
I have forgiven all those who did me wrong.
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by GoodBadandUgly(m): 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2019
Temitogab:
Forgiveness is the bridge to your future. It's impossible to live in this world and not have the opportunity to be offended. After offence what will your response be?
If you don't forgive it shows you have not benefited from God's forgiveness.
Ogbeni stop spreading nonsense propaganda. Forgiveness is for YOU and YOU only. Your peace of mind is the most important thing which is why you need to practice forgiveness, not because a divine being told you to.
If someone wrongs you, regardless of whether it was intentional or not, you should forgive because you only have two options.

1. Harbor those feelings and let it rot you inside.

Choosing option 1. will have a long term effect on your physical and mental health. This will do more damage to you than the person who wronged you because they will continue to live their life whether you forgive them or not.

2. Accept that the situation has happened and there is no going back to change the past.

Choosing option 2. will teach you to leave the past in the past, the only thing you can do is learn, forgive and move on. By choosing to learn you can avoid such a situation next time. By forgiving and moving on, you save yourself the hassle of holding grudges that will turn you ugly over time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by tot(f): 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
GoodBadandUgly:

Ogbeni stop spreading nonsense propaganda. Forgiveness is for YOU and YOU only. Your peace of mind is the most important thing which is why you need to practice forgiveness, not because a divine being told you to.
If someone wrongs you, regardless of whether it was intentional or not, you should forgive because you only have two options.

1. Harbor those feelings and let it rot you inside.

Choosing option 1. will have a long term effect on your physical and mental health. This will do more damage to you than the person who wronged you because they will continue to live their life whether you forgive them or not.

2. Accept that the situation has happened and there is no going back to change the past.

Choosing option 2. will teach you to leave the past in the past, the only thing you can do is learn, forgive and move on. By choosing to learn you can avoid such a situation next time. By forgiving and moving on, you save yourself the hassle of holding grudges that will turn you ugly over time.

People are entitled to their views even if you consider it nonsense propaganda. Let's stop being rude in conveying our points.
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by profmallor: 12:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
"and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us". It is hard, but we must ask for the grace to heal and forgive them by mouth and in our hearts, so that heaven can forgive us also. We must forgive not for the sake of the offenders but for our own peace of mind and connection to God. if You have to repeat "I forgive you X, for all you have done". daily do so, However to me forgive doesnt imply trust, once the seed of distrust has been sown, healing comes with time
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by GoodBadandUgly(m): 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
tot:

People are entitled to their views even if you consider it nonsense propaganda. Let's stop being rude in conveying our points.

Where was the rudeness? i merely pointed out that forgiveness should be for yourself and not because a deity asks you to do it. Where was i being rude?
Y'all will refuse to listen to the key point and just focus on how it makes you feel. nawa oooo
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by tot(f): 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
GoodBadandUgly:

Where was the rudeness? i merely pointed out that forgiveness should be for yourself and not because a deity asks you to do it. Where was i being rude?
Y'all will refuse to listen to the key point and just focus on how it makes you feel. nawa oooo

Your first line to him was very polite then. Good day.
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
Yahweh of the Jewish mythology is a hypocrite who wants you to forgive your enemies but he plans to burn his on enemies in eternal furnace.
What do you do to an enemy that can't repent.? You are a cofused fellow
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by lightblazingnow(m): 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2019
Love you Lord for ever and ever

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Legendguru: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2019
Good
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2019
"A FORGIVING MIND IS A HEALTHY MIND".....from me
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Czartega(m): 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2019
Hypnotise:
I can forgive but won't forget.

But you have forgotten 13 times table in fact 3 times table
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Hypnotise: 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2019
Czartega:

But you have forgotten 13 times table in fact 3 times table
I still remember
Re: Why You Should Learn How To Forgive, Very Important by Mryacks: 10:48am On Dec 11, 2019
lightblazingnow:
Nothing is unforgiveable, because God Almighty cleared you of all the charges against himself.

And all of the ordinances which were contrary to you, which was written against you, were nailed to the cross of CHRIST, your former wicked blood was Washed away by the blood of the Lamb of God Almighty. Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah. Amen

Learn to forgive before the reciever ever ask for it. Give it out freely and on time.

Before the devil, Satan the deceiver who turned the first man upside down, before he destroys your pure mind given to you by the Holy Ghost and replaces it with corrupt communications which stains good treasure. Praise God Almighty. Amen

Give yourself away to help because help is the best investment! Remember God Almighty's Mercies and grace towards you. Never forget for ever and ever more

God Almighty promised with his oath that His goodness and love will follow you all the days of your life and that you will be surrounded by His favour everlasting. Hallelujah.

Do same to humanity!!!. Show mercy.. love you Lord God Almighty and CHRIST JESUS.

Good one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Must A Rich Man Give All He Has If He Wants To Follow Christ? / Islam, Begat Terrorism In The World / Epic Response To An Astronaut Who Said 'I See No God Up Here'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.