Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions (9592 Views)

EndSARS: Tacha Says This Is Not The Time To Post Beautiful Photos & Videos / Bambam Sitting On Teddy A's Mother's Leg. See Reactions / Phyno's Manhood Stands While Performing On Stage In Lagos. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Barryseal: 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2019
Can any Nigerian musician measure up to Lucky Dube?

3 Likes

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by makeherscream(m): 12:02am On Dec 02, 2019
On a normal level

She is very very right imagine those nuisance noise makers that call their self Nigeria musicians.

Naira trashy

The one that call him self zlatan

Lil noise

Slimshit

Overrated rema

And some other noise makers smh
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 02, 2019
Bobyro:

A Nigerian has won a Grammy, go search pentatonix the beat boxer in the group is a Nigerian.

The guy is not a Nigerian citizen,
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 02, 2019
itsme01:
grin

yet burna boy is about to nab a grammy, same way wizkid and beyonce's brown skin girl is on the grammy list

Thats beyonces Grammy not wizkid's
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 02, 2019
OKorowanta:

Bros talk another thing..
Nigeria is still hoping to win Grammy one day.
If its by Grammy then South Africa is yards ahead of us.
Ladysmith Black Mambazo-4 Grammies, Soweto Gospel choir-2 Grammies.
Not to mention Miriam Makeba and the rest.

I mean Trevor Noah is nominated for a grammy too this year too

Its no big deal

1 Like

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 02, 2019
OKorowanta:

Its actually 5 for Ladysmith

1 Like

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by davillian(m): 5:42am On Dec 02, 2019
ikennamadu1:

Common shurup... Wetin u Sabi... Keep head like buhari own
If you don't know what house music is
Just ask me I would post some songs for you to download..
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Chanchit: 6:43am On Dec 02, 2019
OKorowanta:

Grammy is a USA award and the category is a non voting category. Non of them would win if it were to be a voting category. The only reason you will tell a one song from mambazo is if you a from SA. I don't know if Soweto choirs even have an album. Nigerians are naturally good at making noise, I guess that's why they have refused to release one Grammys to us, cos we will make noise. SA just collect and head home, so they will rather give them
cc Austine1212

2 Likes

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by MduZA: 7:22am On Dec 02, 2019
You
Chanchit:

Grammy is a USA award and the category is a non voting category. Non of them would win if it were to be a voting category. The only reason you will tell a one song from mambazo is if you a from SA. I don't know if Soweto choirs even have an album. Nigerians are naturally good at making noise, I guess that's why they have refused to release one Grammys to us, cos we will make noise. SA just collect and head home, so they will rather give them
cc Austine1212

Wise persons dont embarrass themselves by saying things they dont know...it costs no cent to keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by IronGalaxy: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2019
Another thread created to bash South Africans

1 Like

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by IronGalaxy: 8:45am On Dec 02, 2019
Geminita1:
I don't know why[b] South Africans and East Africans are so jealous of west Africans especially Nigerians. If you see the things they say[/b] about us, you will really dislike them.

Even their women are so jealous of the class and beauty of west African women, and their men envy the swag and creativity of their West African counterparts.

Jealous cunts, everywhere you go Nigeria Nigeria. Nigeria to the world!
self flattery
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by IronGalaxy: 8:51am On Dec 02, 2019
Pharaoh4rin:
I wish Fela is still alive.

Majek Fashek would have done some magic in his glorious time but he eff up

King Sunny Ade was busy scouting for a title of king that he couldn't compete for a global award

BUT
Look at SA, quite a number of their artists have international standards & award that put them ahead of us musically.

Whenever someone points at our weakness,we call it jealous. Look at our music abeg.... The good ones don't last or worst still don't sell. Well, I know we Nigerians will continue to celebrate useless musics d same way we appreciate bad leaders and politicians.
gbam!

1 Like

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Chanchit: 9:32am On Dec 02, 2019
MduZA:
You

Wise persons dont embarrass themselves by saying things they dont know...it costs no cent to keep quiet!

Educate me please.
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by safarigirl(f): 9:46am On Dec 02, 2019
enemmo:

Kelvin Olusola is not a Nigerian citizen.

Kelvin Olusola is a Nigerian citizen, by virtue of being born to Nigerian parents.

Kevin Olusola has the right to vote and be voted for in Nigeria, he has the right to own a business and to reside in Nigeria. Don't say this again, please

3 Likes

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by safarigirl(f): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2019
Barryseal:
Can any Nigerian musician measure up to Lucky Dube?
is Fela a joke to you? A whole king of a genre undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by enemmo(f): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2019
safarigirl:
Kelvin Olusola is a Nigerian citizen, by virtue of being born to Nigerian parents.

Kevin Olusola has the right to vote and be voted for in Nigeria, he has the right to own a business and to reside in Nigeria. Don't say this again, please

Nigerian father, Granadian Mother

Born in U.S.A..He can vote if he wants to, but he is an American

We can claim Chiwetel Ejiofor, Carmen Ejogo, David Oyelowo etc because they identify with us, but I've never heard Kevin refer to himself as Nigerian, so he's American to me
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by safarigirl(f): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2019
enemmo:

Nigerian father, Granadian Mother

Born in U.S.A..He can vote if he wants to, but he is an American

We can claim Chiwetel Ejiofor, Carmen Ejogo, David Oyelowo etc because they identify with us, but I've never heard Kevin refer to himself as Nigerian, so he's American to me

Chiwetel that calls himself British identifies with you?

So, if Emeka from Imo State moves to Lagos tomorrow and has a son, you will say the son is not Igbo because he has not identified with Imo state or Igbo people?

He may be American to you, but until he stops bearing a name as obvious as Olusola, he is Nigerian to the world.

2 Likes

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by enemmo(f): 10:00am On Dec 02, 2019
Chanchit:

cc Austine1212

Dare featured Soweto gospel choir in his song, "pray for me"

I might be bashed, but I think South Africans have better quality of music than Nigeria, Maybe because music is ingrained in their culture by folk songs, cultural songs etc

1 Like

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by enemmo(f): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2019
safarigirl:

Chiwetel that calls himself British identifies with you?

So, if Emeka from Imo State moves to Lagos tomorrow and has a son, you will say the son is not Igbo because he has not identified with Imo state or Igbo people?

He may be American to you, but until he stops bearing a name as obvious as Olusola, he is Nigerian to the world.

Chiwetel has, at some point. During press for half of a yellow sun

American citizenship: jus soli..by virtue of soil..that's why anyone born there is automatically a citizen

Nigerian citizenship: jus sanguinis, by virtue of blood, so Emeka is from IMO, even of born in Zamfara, Lagos etc

But if Emeka is born in USA where jus solis applies, he automatically becomes a citizen of USA

I still maintain Kevin is not Nigerian.. I'm a big fan of his and I've not heard him refer to us.
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2019
Chanchit:

cc Austine1212

1. Soweto gospel choir has many internationally acclaimed albums

2. Ladysmith travels up to 8 months around the world selling out arenas

3. If you did not win know that your music is just not there yet dont blame attitude on it.

4. Grammys are judges awards who knows music better , are not choice awards
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 02, 2019
IronGalaxy:
gbam!

Black coffee is richer than don jazzy, wizkid, davido andand burna boy combined

But its no big deal

1 Like

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by MduZA: 11:52am On Dec 02, 2019
Chanchit:

Educate me please.

A typical Nigerian will scream on top of his voice denying that 2010 fifa world cup was hosted in SA....
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 02, 2019
MduZA:

A typical Nigerian will scream on top of his voice denying that 2010 fifa world cup was hosted in SA....

Lol
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Chanchit: 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2019
MduZA:

Lmao. And I thought I was about to get educated not knowing I've been wasting my time with a dingbat. Whose talking about football now? We know SA hosted 2010 world cup. I won't be far from the truth if I say Mandela's name singlehandedly got SA the right. So no one here is disputing that.
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Chanchit: 12:19pm On Dec 02, 2019
Austine1212:

1. Soweto gospel choir has many internationally acclaimed albums

2. Ladysmith travels up to 8 months around the world selling out arenas

3. If you did not win know that your music is just not there yet dont blame attitude on it.

4. Grammys are judges awards who knows music better , are not choice awards

Many internationally acclaimed album, please tell me one of their popular song.

Ladysmith travelled around the world singing those songs that sounds as if he's chanting to invoke spirits of dead chimpanzees

You don't have to wait till Americans tell you what's good or not. Do you know who had the highest nominations for Grammys this year? I don't even know her name. I've watched one of her video where she was wearing a wedding gown. One fat black girl. She got about 9 nominations. If she were to be a Nigerian, you will say she's singing rubbish. whereas, she's actually singing rubbish.

Our music is not just there yet but I've watched some interviews of some upcoming SA artists that have mentioned Nigerian artists as their mentor. I can't think of any SA musician that can be mentioned as such now.

By the way, if our music is not there yet. Where is your own music now?

When I see good music, I know. I have Huge Masekela's live videos of the jazz festivals he's played at. I have Lugano jazz festival 2006 and 2007. Lucky Dube is still big here even in death. I still watch Lira, though she's struggling in USA. She should just return home and do the kind of music she's good at. There's one other lady that sang with Huge at the festival, I've not heard from her since then. I like her better than Lira then.

If you know about conspiracy theory, you will know Grammys too do it. it's not just about how well you know music. Go and read about the history of Grammy befpre you take it too much to heart.
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Chanchit: 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2019
enemmo:

Dare featured Soweto gospel choir in his song, "pray for me"

I might be bashed, but I think South Africans have better quality of music than Nigeria, Maybe because music is ingrained in their culture by folk songs, cultural songs etc

There's no doubt they brong that South African vibe. But I first heard or watched them when Jpe praise feat them and the second time was when Dare featured them.
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
Chanchit:

Many internationally acclaimed album, please tell me one of their popular song.

Ladysmith travelled around the world singing those songs that sounds as if he's chanting to invoke spirits of dead chimpanzees

You don't have to wait till Americans tell you what's good or not. Do you know who had the highest nominations for Grammys this year? I don't even know her name. I've watched one of her video where she was wearing a wedding gown. One fat black girl. She got about 9 nominations. If she were to be a Nigerian, you will say she's singing rubbish. whereas, she's actually singing rubbish.

Our music is not just there yet but I've watched some interviews of some upcoming SA artists that have mentioned Nigerian artists as their mentor. I can't think of any SA musician that can be mentioned as such now.

By the way, if our music is not there yet. Where is your own music now?

When I see good music, I know. I have Huge Masekela's live videos of the jazz festivals he's played at. I have Lugano jazz festival 2006 and 2007. Lucky Dube is still big here even in death. I still watch Lira, though she's struggling in USA. She should just return home and do the kind of music she's good at. There's one other lady that sang with Huge at the festival, I've not heard from her since then. I like her better than Lira then.

If you know about conspiracy theory, you will know Grammys too do it. it's not just about how well you know music. Go and read about the history of Grammy befpre you take it too much to heart.

1. Blessed is their album name, Hlonolofatsa is the name of the song

2. The most nominated person is lizzo with 8, she had an amazing year, you not knowing her what does thatthat gotta do with me?

3. Which upcoming artist?

4. Our music has been doing it for years now, thats y we got 3 grammys in the last 5 years

Nigerians just love gloating and stuff... There's many good singers in SA, Zonke, Shekinah, lianie May etc in fact SA has more diverse music with more genres

Most music in Naija is afrobeat

And yes there are good artists in nigeria also

1 Like

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Chanchit: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
Austine1212:

2. The most nominated person is lizzo with 8, she had an amazing year, you not knowing her what does thatthat gotta do with me?

4. Our music has been doing it for years now, thats y we got 3 grammys in the last 5 years

Nigerians just love gloating and stuff... There's many good singers in SA, Zonke, Shekinah, lianie May etc in fact SA has more diverse music with more genres

1. How am I even suppose to pronounce that.

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Chanchit: 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
Austine1212:

2. She had an amazing year, but this was not how the likes of Beyonce, Rhianna, Alicia Keys to mention a few were having their amazing years then.

3. I'm not suppose to remember, cos they were upcoming artists. but I can recall the first one saying Patoranking and the second guy calling Wizkid.

4. I'm not expecting you to admit this but Brenda Fasi had sold out Concerts in Nigeria. I would have loved to call Lucky Dube and Mariam Makeba too, but I'm not sure of them. Though I'm almost certain they would have been here. All the artists that were nominated for Grammys in the last five years, how many of them has made it here? I guess non. but on the other hands, Nigerian artists that were not nominated are headlining Concerts on South Africa. Think about it.

5. It's been nice replying you. at least you have your pics on your profile, unlike your brothers.
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by soilsista(f): 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2019
So you people have the time to go through South African's social media pages just to see if they're posting about Nigeria? All that wasted time and energy! Are you looking for validation or what?

If that's not obsession, I don't know what it is undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by IronGalaxy: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2019
soilsista:
So you people have the time to go through South African's social media pages just to see if they're posting about Nigeria? All that wasted time and energy! Are you looking for validation or what?

If that's not obsession, I don't know what it is undecided
it is obsession.
Re: South African Girl Says This About Nigerian Music See Reactions by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
Chanchit:

2. She had an amazing year, but this was not how the likes of Beyonce, Rhianna, Alicia Keys to mention a few were having their amazing years then.

3. I'm not suppose to remember, cos they were upcoming artists. but I can recall the first one saying Patoranking and the second guy calling Wizkid.

4. I'm not expecting you to admit this but Brenda Fasi had sold out Concerts in Nigeria. I would have loved to call Lucky Dube and Mariam Makeba too, but I'm not sure of them. Though I'm almost certain they would have been here. All the artists that were nominated for Grammys in the last five years, how many of them has made it here? I guess non. but on the other hands, Nigerian artists that were not nominated are headlining Concerts on South Africa. Think about it.

5. It's been nice replying you. at least you have your pics on your profile, unlike your brothers.

1. Pronounced as lizz-o

2. that's when you should embrace the new league of new artists. Use of digital platforms, tidals, play music, apple music, spotify, etc times change sk does the industry

3. PANTORANKING is nigerian, gemini major is zambian ... But they have been staying in SA for couple of years

4. Those that were nomininated/won their music is more appreciated internationally, im not sure if theirtheir music will resonate with most nigerians. I not aware of any grammy nominated nigerian headlining any show in south africa. If there are please enlighten me who are they?

5. Nice replying to you too, without unsults, name calling etc unlike youryour brothers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hushpuppi Spent N11.5m In Quilox / Mirror Boy London Premiere… Pictures / See Pics Of Big Manhood Under Ebuka Uchendu's Trouser That Got People Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.