Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Routine For Healthy And Long Natural Hair - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Routine For Healthy And Long Natural Hair (494 Views)

How To Grow Long Natural Hair By 13yrs Old Dammy Lola / Short And Long Ankara Peplum Dresses 2017 / I'm A Natural Hair Blogger, If U Have Any Questions About Natural Hair, Ask Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Routine For Healthy And Long Natural Hair by Liah22(f): 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lately, we've been experiencing a lot of transitions and everyone is excited about their natural hair journey. Some start by shaving their hair while others start by trimming their relaxed hair.
I have been studying natural growth techniques every day and night even before I myself transitioned to natural hair.
In this article, I'm going to provide some useful tips that will help to grow your natural hair.

1. PREPOO
One of the common reasons for hair breakage is lack of moisture and even after shampooing we lose the little moisture out hair has, leading to dry hair hence breakage. This is why you should incorporate a prepoo in your hair routine. prepoo (pre - shampoo) simply means moisturizing your hair before you shampoo. You can use an oil or a deep conditioner or a mixture of both as your prepoo. Coconut oil,olive oil, sweet almond oil are oil that can penetrate the cuticle making our hair soft.
How To Prepoo
First, mix your oils
-3 tsp of castor oil
-3 tsp of olive oil
-10 tsp of coconut oil
[you don't have to use my oils, use any of your favorites oils and the amount should depend on the volume of your hair. I used coconut oil as my carrier oil]
Next, heat the mixture in a microwave or use the double boiler method then let it cool down. Proceed to damp your hair with warm water and apply the oil evenly to your hair and massage it to your scalp, cover with a shower cap or plastic cap and a satin bonnet. I advice you do this at night and shampoo your hair the next morning this prevents your hair from drying out and leaving you with an extremely soft and shiny hair.

2. CLEANSE
After prepooing, go on and cleanse your hair with your favorite shampoo (I will advice you to use a sulfate-free shampoo).
How to cleanse your hair properly:
pour some shampoo to your palm and apply to your scalp, rub the shampoo in circular motions making sure it is well clarified and there is no product build-up, then rinse. As you rinse the shampoo out you can then clean your hair strands.

3. DEEP CONDITION
After cleansing your hair, then deep condition it with your favorite deep conditioner. While adding the condition detangle it with your fingers before using a wide tooth comb. Then cover it with a shower cap or plastic cap for 30-45 minutes (I would advice to use heat when deep conditioning). Then rinse out and proceed to the
next step.

4. MOISTURIZE
During this process make sure your hair is wet. Then use the LOC method which is (leave-in conditioner, oil and cream). While your hair is still wet apply a leave-in conditioner then any oil of your choice preferably light oils such as jojoba oil, argan oil etc. Proceed to lock all the products with a cream.

5. STYLE
After your hair is dried, you can style your hair as you desire or better still do a protective style such as cornrows, braids, twists etc.

NOTE: The average person's hair grows about half inch in a month and 6 inches in a year. You need to be consistent with this method to see results and your hair will thank you for it�
Please like, comment and follow.

Re: Routine For Healthy And Long Natural Hair by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2019
This ur advice, is it for natural hair only?
Re: Routine For Healthy And Long Natural Hair by Liah22(f): 8:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
you can also use it for relaxed hair too
Re: Routine For Healthy And Long Natural Hair by Liah22(f): 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2019
HRHQueenPhil:
This ur advice, is it for natural hair only?
you can use it for your relaxed hair too
Re: Routine For Healthy And Long Natural Hair by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2019
Liah22:
you can use it for your relaxed hair too
do u know any trusted person who sells human hair?
Re: Routine For Healthy And Long Natural Hair by Liah22(f): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
HRHQueenPhil:
do u know any trusted person who sells human hair?
No

(1) (Reply)

Turkey Mini Importation / Ultra Clean TOYOTA Corolla 2006 Model Newly Imported / Who Is Using Or Has Used Startimes Smart Tv Or Bruhm Smart Tv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.