Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! (1039 Views)

Profile Of Adaora Umeoji, Zenith Bank’s First Female Group Managing Director / Oyeyimika Adeboye, Cadbury Nigeria First Female Managing Director In 50 Years / 10 Things No One Will Tell You About Being An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
How well do you handle male clients or customer who leave your product and focus on your body? In this revealing interview, a woman entrepreneur discloses how she tames masculine libido and get the to refocus their attention on the business, and not her body. Its worth reading. Follow the link to learn more.
https://www.lifebeyondcertificate.com/women-in-business

Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by herakles: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
ubby4ever:
How well do you handle male clients or customer who leave your product and focus on your body? In this revealing interview, a woman entrepreneur discloses how she tames masculine libido and get the to refocus their attention on the business, and not her body. Its worth reading. Follow the link to learn more.
https://www.lifebeyondcertificate.com/woman-entrepreneur-surviving-all-odds-to-excel-in-business/

tongue

Welcome to a unique session with a woman entrepreneur. She has survived several challenging issues including accident to discover and stay on her dream of being in business. ‘A multifaceted woman entrepreneur’ as I call has several lines of business to include red oil business, retail chain store, and first grade clothing attire. Her business has attracted wealth and fame to her. Stay glue and enjoy this inspiring session.

Personality Profile: I am Enobong Udoeyen, a native of Nsit Ibom L.G.A in Akwa Ibom State. I graduated from Social Studies Education Department, University of Uyo. Starting and staying in business has not been easy. I have always been passionate about attending university education despite the lack of funding from close relatives. I have at several occasions been turn down after every attempt to attract educational funding. This quest has been one of my greatest motivation to seek solution from inside-out. starting a business, no matter how small appeared as my only option for survival. Since I got my admission, I was determined to graduate. Within this period of contemplation on the kind of business to do, I met a colleague who gave me a bale material on credit to sell on a pay-latter condition. Since I was passionate and had no option, I obliged. I was committed to succeed in this business. Since I already had a house where I lived, I did not need to rent any shop. I started word of mouth of marketing among course mate, church members and neighbours. It yielded result though in a stressful way.

LBC CREW (Cutsin): How did you gain the trust of this your colleague?

Young Entrepreneur: Well, in life you need to take risk and work hard to win the trust. Since she was my colleague in school and ran the same programme in the University that gave me an advantage. She gave me the first set of clothes which I sold out gracefully. Howbeit, her terms and conditions was bizarre. I paid back at a higher rate than rate I could have paid if I had the bulk money to buy the products. When my mum visited and was aware of this new development, she was surprised that I could do something like that without telling her. You know that there are some dreams that get shattered because of discouragement from people. This made it difficult for me to share this dream with anybody. She saw ability and promised to help me from Lagos since she stayed at Lagos. So I paid the lady who I owed and ordered for another.

LBC CREW: What was the way forward after paying up your bills?

I had to expand my line of product to include male clothing. Another way forward was being contented, I had to be contented and calculative to how I spend money as regards food and what I wear to avoid spending both my capital and interest to avoid running into business trauma.

LCB CREW: What is the success behind this “First Grade” clothing business?

Young Entrepreneur: Well, one may end up spending so much to drop ship ( purchase and shipment) and end up running at a lost. Before I started, I made enquirers and used my natural intelligence. Some starters might end up being used by the experience business gurus, thereby exploiting them. A product of N 30, 000 might be sold at
N50,000. I had been a victim of this, like the first set of product I got was given to me at a very high rate with the help of my mum, I got to know that the original amount was lesser than that, this happened because I was ignorant of this and didn’t have money to make my own purchase.

LBC CREW: So did you continue with the business and at what point did you see the need to diversity?

Young Entrepreneur: Well, the business gave me time initially because I could lock my room, go to school and if anyone needed the offer, the person could just place a call but as I got to my second year in university, I had to pause to give my academics more attention. In my third and final year, when I had fewer courses to do, I diversified to provision business. This was due to the fact that in my area, there were no shops around to get food stuff. I begged my landlady to use the front of her shop for this small business. So I started with a counter which has now grown to a store.

LBC CREW: Comparatively, between “First Grade” clothing business and provision business which one gives you better income?

Young Entrepreneur: It depends on who is doing the business, the location and demand for service rendered. Howbeit, provision business is better for someone who is disciplined.

LBC CREW: What were your major distractions?

Young Entrepreneur: Like I said one is bound to be envied, there are things one can’t do alone, helping hands are being needed, you employ someone whose aim is to rob you, maybe because of bad advice from the neighborhood.

LBC CREW: Okay, what are your marketing strategies; how did you attract customers

Young Entrepreneur: Well, the first thing is God, a business owner must imbibe tolerance, friendliness with customers.
LBC CREW: In such a case where you are marketing a product for male customers, who seems to be more interested in you than the product, what do you do?
Young Entrepreneur: Well, I’ve experienced that, cases where someone takes your contact, promising to buy from you but ends up acting funny. As a woman, these challenges are inevitable. One need to resist advances and be discipline.

LBC CREW (cuts in): How do you do it, by shouting on the person?

Young Entrepreneur: No, no, no. you just say; I’m sorry, I can’t grant your wish, despite persistent tempting offers. So, there is need for when contentment. Refusal of such offers will earn respect to the lady. If a business lady who had an initial mindset of selling her product now sells her body in turn to a man, she ends up losing herself worth. So it’s better to focus, keep your head up and don’t concur to sexual harassment from men.

LBC CREW: Alright, so from where you are now in business, where are you heading to?

Young Entrepreneur: I look forward to selling in wholesales and also to have everything that should be seen in a retail shop. Then, for clothing, I desire to be a distributor to retailers, I mean selling in wholesale. Also, I did not specify earlier that I am also a dealer in palm oil sales/ distribution. It was also through a friend I got into this. This has a wider target mark as it is mostly consumed be Nigerian household.

LBC CREW: How do you market all these?

Young Entrepreneur: Well, there was a time, I got a shop to sell clothing but the landlord increased the rate within a period of one year, since the shop rent was taking most of the money and I didn’t make much sales, I relocated and brought all my business in one location. Again, when it comes to advertisement, it works like network for me. One quality service will always attract more referrals. Another thing is that I am more interested in my business turn over than making so much at once.

LBC CREW: So when starting a business, one does not really need to start big?

Young Entrepreneur: Yes, in business you can start anything and anywhere. You just need God, consistency, and determination. You also need to relate well with people. One does not need to wait till he has job or has everything to start something. Even when I was in search of a job, not like they told me that there was no job but I was being stressed with the normal statement “Go and come back tomorrow”. Infact, one of the days I went looking for a job, I almost got knocked down by a car and the driver zoomed off, that day I came back with a decision to do something. Again, one must be passionate and not ashamed of whatever business he/she is into. Don’t be too proud to start small. I remember.
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:50pm On Dec 01, 2019
smile, say thank you and tell them that you are married and certainly not interested in whatever they have to offer (apart from the business at hand).... if they continue to come at you, tell them to stop if not you will have no option than to throw them out your establishment...et voila!

just because someone is in business, does not mean they have to accept any nonsense from clients... if these potential clients are not serious about doing business then they shouldnt waste your time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2019
Must read for women entrepreneur
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2019
Don't get trapped
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 11:15pm On Dec 01, 2019
Manage business relations to success.
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2019
Its high time you adopt the right approach.
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 3:24pm On Dec 02, 2019
Don't be trapped
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
its a lifestyle
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2019
Succeed with caution.
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 6:17pm On Dec 11, 2019
Don't be trapped
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 1:13pm On Jan 03, 2020
Manage your sexuality to your advantage
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 10:54am On Feb 19, 2020
Dont let anybody abuse you.
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 8:50am On Mar 03, 2020
Don't let any man abuse you.
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 10:00am On Mar 09, 2020
Refuse to be intimidated
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2021
Very informative
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
Grt job
Re: Managing Sexual Advances From Men As A Woman Entrepreneur!! by ubby4ever(m): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2022
Great one

(1) (Reply)

BIG BIZ: intimacy Toys Available In Large Quantities For Sale / Zoom Cloud Meeting App For Work From Home / Which Loan App Is Currently Loaning Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.