Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos (43483 Views)

Dangote Refinery Installs Largest Single Crude Distillation Column - Pictures / Africa is Now the World’s Largest Single Continental Market / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Nickshrapnel: 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2019
j
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by bigiyaro(m): 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
rejoice4eva:
Now that their subsidy is now galloping at 2000% wiil the silent beneficiaries allow Nigeria to rest for once ?
never
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by DCmonster: 10:24pm On Dec 01, 2019
Dangote alone is taking all the glory in this refinery project because it has his name on it. There are numerous investors in this project for crying out loud. Dangotes stake in the refinery is not even upto 50%. Nigerians are just too dumb and gullible.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Nickshrapnel: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2019
Dangote has gotten the Oil, let another billionaire take up power/energy. If the useless people in power won't do it, the people will do

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by DisGuy: 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2019
DCmonster:
Dangote alone is taking all the glory in this refinery project because it has his name on it. There are numerous investors in this project for crying out loud. Dangotes stake in the refinery is not even upto 50%a Nigerians are just too dumb and gullible.

Give us the break down Mr

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Kingspin(m): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
Dangote has gotten the Oil, let another billionaire take up power/energy. If the useless people in power won't do it, the people will do
Another Billionaire?, when the country is trying hard to bring down few that venture. Geometric by Berth Nnaji or Innoson to mention a few.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Gentlesniper(m): 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
DCmonster:
Dangote alone is taking all the glory in this refinery project because it has his name on it. There are numerous investors in this project for crying out loud. Dangotes stake in the refinery is not even upto 50%. Nigerians are just too dumb and gullible.
Even Indian govt seems to have a stake on this project with the way Indians litter all over that place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Les: 10:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
When the world is going greener and diverting from fossil fuels?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Frezhkid10(m): 10:39pm On Dec 01, 2019
Gentlesniper:

Even Indian govt seems to have a stake on this project with the way Indians litter all over that place.
..nah those Indians are contractors building the refinery...we also have indians littered everywhere in our factory buh they are just contractors..

6 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by iswallker(m): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2019
Asour:

I am not knowledgeable enough to know whether your claim is plausible BUT if I were in position of this Business owner I would not.

Two key problems in Nigeria's pursuit for industrial growth are Lack of Integrity and Incompetence.

These two are perpetuated daily across the Country.
We are not thorough as a people. You might say Not all of us are like that. True. But you need a critical mass of change agents(citizens) to make progress here.

Most Nigerians lack integrity and are incompetent.
Everyday I try to liberate myself from this group. I don't know if I have but it is a struggle.

God help us.

Everyone here thinks we can just apply half measures - and claim to have done the job. It's reslly sad. It's a lack of reward system that causes the anomaly. You are more likely to make millions by going for bbn than being diigent at what you do... undecided

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Ushiesunday(m): 10:49pm On Dec 01, 2019
So is only dangote refinery that the whole Nigeria are waiting for? While we have over 3 refineries not working.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by chloride6: 10:50pm On Dec 01, 2019
Asour:

I am not knowledgeable enough to know whether your claim is plausible BUT if I were in position of this Business owner I would not.

Two key problems in Nigeria's pursuit for industrial growth are Lack of Integrity and Incompetence.

These two are perpetuated daily across the Country.
We are not thorough as a people. You might say Not all of us are like that. True. But you need a critical mass of change agents(citizens) to make progress here.

Most Nigerians lack integrity and are incompetent.
Everyday I try to liberate myself from this group. I don't know if I have but it is a struggle.

God help us.

I get you..

But companies like shell and total use local contractors as stipulated by law. And some of these guys are meeting their standards..
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by nextstep(m): 10:54pm On Dec 01, 2019
DCmonster:

Remember when Steve Jobs or Bill Gates got all the glory for their respective companies products? By mid-90s, neither owned a majority in the companies, and didn't do most of the heavy lifting, but they were the singular focus when it came to the projects. How is it different in Dangote's case?

This is a massive project. Just having even 10% of this project is still a mind-boggling achievement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by pacespot(m): 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2019
But my question is, instead moving this gigantic element around which comes with its own risks, can't they bring the company that built it in China down here in Nigeria to build it right in the refinery?

Yoh, I got it, they would have to move the plant setup that built it down here in Nigeria too.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by nextstep(m): 10:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
pacespot:
But my question is, instead moving this gigantic element around which comes with its own risks, can't they bring the company that built it in China down here in Nigeria to build it right in the refinery?

Then you'd need to bring on barges all that equipment, raw materials, skilled manpower, infrastructure, cheap money, support industries, and constant & plentiful energy/electricity. Add the Nigeria factor, and you and I know this thing could not be made here this decade.

Not as if we haven't spent over 20* billion dollars on a certain steel plant.

*20 billion in today's money, accounting for inflation and everything else.

4 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by tunde82seidat(f): 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2019
Now is the the time to invest in Ibeju Lekki after the refinery .check my moniker for cheap , freehold land in that environ
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by PotatoSalad(m): 11:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
Engineering wonders. Megastructures
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by GREATESTPIANIST: 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2019
ValCon888:
I hope no one tries to assassinate this man. Because this his refinery project is going to put a lot of greedy thieves out of business.
they can't assassinate him, God's hand is on his life, he can't die like chicken , besides he helps a lot of poor people, so God won't want him to go yet

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Topmaike007(m): 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
Dangote my nigga
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by FRANKOSKI(m): 11:17pm On Dec 01, 2019
GOD SINGLED OUT SOME PEOPLE TO BLESS ASTOUNDINGLY WOW
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Respect55(m): 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
I hope they don't delete this man
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by AghaAguike(m): 11:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
When the world is going greener and diverting from fossil fuels? BEST COMMENT. IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS IT WILL BE USELESS
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:31am On Dec 02, 2019
Olorun mi se aanu fun mi bi ti Dangote! God please bless me as you have done for Dangote!
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:34am On Dec 02, 2019
Welcome home!
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by NiCurious: 1:47am On Dec 02, 2019
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Prompto: 1:55am On Dec 02, 2019
Dangote who FBI or EFCC is not after is a thief while Onyema a renowned Igbo fraudster is a saint.
appini:

The thieves are the ones building the refinery now.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by wiloy2k8(m): 1:59am On Dec 02, 2019
BeStroNG:
So how are they going to convey this one to its main destination? By road?

Baba is worried
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 02, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:
Olorun mi se aanu fun mi bi ti Dangote! God please bless me as you have done for Dangote!
Not in Nigeria unless they solve the power problem. Green energy technology is still expensive. How many percentage of Nigerians can afford electric vehicle?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by sencekompis: 2:22am On Dec 02, 2019
BeStroNG:
So how are they going to convey this one to its main destination? By road?

idiomatic chatt... this unit will arrive few KM to the refinery pls visit d refinery SEAPORT!!!!
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by gaskiyamagana: 2:23am On Dec 02, 2019
Otisker:
Dangote Amaka
Dangote, Omo - Eko.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by gaskiyamagana: 2:25am On Dec 02, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:
Say it thousand time, for thousand days.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Fayrouzz(m): 2:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Big one there.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.