Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos (43482 Views)

Dangote Refinery Installs Largest Single Crude Distillation Column - Pictures / Africa is Now the World’s Largest Single Continental Market / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Greenback: 3:16am On Dec 02, 2019
No man's land is a goal. grin grin oshogbo ewedus ha market. grin

Lzaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by sharone21(f): 3:52am On Dec 02, 2019
Asour:

I am not knowledgeable enough to know whether your claim is plausible BUT if I were in position of this Business owner I would not.

Two key problems in Nigeria's pursuit for industrial growth are Lack of Integrity and Incompetence.

These two are perpetuated daily across the Country.
We are not thorough as a people. You might say Not all of us are like that. True. But you need a critical mass of change agents(citizens) to make progress here.

Most Nigerians lack integrity and are incompetent.
Everyday I try to liberate myself from this group. I don't know if I have but it is a struggle.

God help us.
Metallurgical Engineers especially those who trained abroad eg Germany will handle this, however integrity matter which only few will possess.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by mmsen: 4:29am On Dec 02, 2019
ValCon888:
I hope no one tries to assassinate this man. Because this his refinery project is going to put a lot of greedy thieves out of business.

You think that this man hasn't already settled those people?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by adeoba2008(m): 4:32am On Dec 02, 2019
BeStroNG:
So how are they going to convey this one to its main destination? By road?

They will put it on another truck. Just like they did yo the other one.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by luluosas(m): 5:04am On Dec 02, 2019
Congratulations to Dangote. This is single man's refinery being built from scratch, yet our corrupt government has failed to put our moribund four refineries to optimal use for over 20 years. Shame on our government. Greedy politicians

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by naptu2: 5:45am On Dec 02, 2019
BeStroNG:
So how are they going to convey this one to its main destination? By road?

davodyguy:

Read about barges

Dangote built a deep sea port/jetty in Lekki (not far from his refinery) because the facilities at Apapa Port cannot handle some of the equipment that he's bringing into the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by semyman: 6:35am On Dec 02, 2019
Stale news
Always several weeks behind current events
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Ronline(m): 6:45am On Dec 02, 2019
Great!
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Ugosample(m): 7:02am On Dec 02, 2019
Asour:

I am not knowledgeable enough to know whether your claim is plausible BUT if I were in position of this Business owner I would not.

Two key problems in Nigeria's pursuit for industrial growth are Lack of Integrity and Incompetence.

These two are perpetuated daily across the Country.
We are not thorough as a people. You might say Not all of us are like that. True. But you need a critical mass of change agents(citizens) to make progress here.

Most Nigerians lack integrity and are incompetent.
Everyday I try to liberate myself from this group. I don't know if I have but it is a struggle.

God help us.

You are 100% right

especially the lack of integrity part
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 7:23am On Dec 02, 2019
Question is what is the benefit of the refinery to Nigerians? Last we heard we might even be paying more for fuel. I guess many details are clear yet.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by ScotMisile: 7:37am On Dec 02, 2019
Kendumazy:
This is huge! Kudos to dangote!

8GB ATM card flash drive for #1000 only. Nice gift to gift your clients this season. Few pieces remaining. Check link below to check my contact.
Pls, kindly explain how it works.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Kendumazy(m): 7:45am On Dec 02, 2019
ScotMisile:
Pls, kindly explain how it works.
It's normal flash drive in Atm card shape.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Nickshrapnel: 7:46am On Dec 02, 2019
Kingspin:
Another Billionaire?, when the country is trying hard to bring down few that venture. Geometric by Berth Nnaji or Innoson to mention a few.
Innoson will be fine, but I really don't know why Mr Barth resigned, he seems like the best man for the job
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by banio: 7:58am On Dec 02, 2019
I feel like being the console operator of this beast
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by nick50(m): 8:17am On Dec 02, 2019
Politicians hiding under the name Dangote group of companies to invest the money they looted from our poor country..only a fool that will believe that dangote is the real owner of that brand
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by addey44: 8:17am On Dec 02, 2019
pacespot:
But my question is, instead moving this gigantic element around which comes with its own risks, can't they bring the company that built it in China down here in Nigeria to build it right in the refinery?Yoh, I got it, they would have to move the plant setup that built it down here in Nigeria too.
Lol. Why ask the question when you already know the answer?
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by seunayantokun(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2019
The nation's refineries are incapable of being revived by the government of about 200 million people but just one of them is building Africa's biggest refinery. Isn't it another proof that corruption is the synonym of the federal government of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Victorex001(m): 8:59am On Dec 02, 2019
Brandstudio01:
Wow! Incredible
And who said this country is not blessed if not for the resource sacking individuals we inherited in this country?

Lol...How’s the country blessed exactly? �
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by TheAlchemist: 9:47am On Dec 02, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
Dangote has gotten the Oil, let another billionaire take up power/energy. If the useless people in power won't do it, the people will do

When femi otedola shouted that he is working on a major project, my thought was the power sector, so lets wait and see.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by phantom24: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2019
ValCon888:
I hope no one tries to assassinate this man. Because this his refinery project is going to put a lot of greedy thieves out of business.
what many dont know is that this project is nt solely owned by dangote bt a collection of other wealthy nigerians who are hidding under his name. most of these people hav had their private refineries abroad long b4 now.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by legba1(m): 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2019
Dangote ..Dangote....Dangote still dey find money ooohhhhh.........His hurstle is in a world different from mine.....I covet his huge hunger though
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by KingWarri: 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2019
does3:
What so ever is going to offload this will be massive.
Off-Shore crane to the rescue
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by KingWarri: 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
legba1:
Dangote ..Dangote....Dangote still dey find money ooohhhhh.........His hurstle is in a world different from mine.....I covet his huge hunger though
Anything better than money........
More...........
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Horus(m): 2:01pm On Dec 02, 2019
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Kingspin(m): 2:24pm On Dec 02, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
Innoson will be fine, but I really don't know why Mr Barth resigned, he seems like the best man for the job
Barth was force was resign by some cabals. His geometric project grounded and lawsuit followed. Just to stop him and his power company.

The way i look at Nigeria is different.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Nickshrapnel: 3:35pm On Dec 02, 2019
Kingspin:
Barth was force was resign by some cabals. His geometric project grounded and lawsuit followed. Just to stop him and his power company.

The selfish bastards importing generators I guess, Being a Nigerian is exhausting
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by naptu2: 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
Kingspin:

Nickshrapnel:
The selfish bastards importing generators I guess, Being a Nigerian is exhausting

I believe that it was his competitors that were behind his resignation.

Professor Barth Nnaji is a brilliant professor of robotics. I was very happy when he was made the minister of science and technology in 1993, but his tenure only lasted a few months before Abacha struck.

He went back to the United States and continued in his job as a professor of robotics.

However, President Olusegun Obasanjo was trying to get Nigerians abroad to come back home and invest. Professor Nnaji came back and created Geometric Power, a company that was created to invest in the power industry in Nigeria.

President Goodluck Jonathan later made him the minister of power. However, there was a problem. The Jonathan Administration was going to sell of the electricity distribution companies and Geometric Power was one of the bidders.

The law says that the regulators, for example the minister of power, can not have an interest in any of the bidding companies. Professor Nnaji had an interest in Geometric Power. Some people (I believe they were his competitors) raised this issue and President Jonathan querried Professor Nnaji. Professor Nnaji's defence was that he had previously informed President Jonathan about his interest in Geometric Power.

Anyway, Professor Nnaji decided to resign rather than let the controversy to derail the privatisation process.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Susu888(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2019
A giant d*ldo to satisfy 9ja's fuel cravings cheesy
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Kingspin(m): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2019
naptu2:

I believe that it was his competitors that were behind his resignation.

Professor Barth Nnaji is a brilliant professor of robotics. I was very happy when he was made the minister of science and technology in 1993, but his tenure only lasted a few months before Abacha struck.

He went back to the United States and continued in his job as a professor of robotics.

However, President Olusegun Obasanjo was trying to get Nigerians abroad to come back home and invest. Professor Nnaji came back and created Geometric Power, a company that was created to invest in the power industry in Nigeria.

President Goodluck Jonathan later made him the minister of power. However, there was a problem. The Jonathan Administration was going to sell of the electricity distribution companies and Geometric Power was one of the bidders.

The law says that the regulators, for example the minister of power, can not have an interest in any of the bidding companies. Professor Nnaji has an interest in Geometric Power. Some people (I believe they were his competitors) raised this issue and President Jonathan querried Professor Nnaji. Professor Nnaji's defence was that he had previously informed President Jonathan about his interest in Geometric Power.

Any, Professor Nnaji decided to resign rather than let the controversy to derail the privatisation process.
Three of his geometric stations completed are in Abia, so who or what is fighting/delaying him from taken off till date. I know of a lawsuit against his company for yrs now
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by naptu2: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
Kingspin:
Three of his geometric stations completed are in Abia, so who or what is fighting/delaying him from taken off till date. I know of a lawsuit against his company for yrs now

Like I said before, the problem is competition. Barth Nnaji is the chairman of Geometric Power and Emeka Offor is the chairman of Interstate Electric. Interstate Electric bought Enugu Disco during the privatisation programme. Geometric Power got a license to supply electricity to Aba, but Interstate Electric say that Aba is within the jurisdiction of Enugu Disco and so they should be the ones supplying electricity to Aba.

Fashola tried to settle the dispute between Geometric Power and Interstate Electric, but I don't know if he was successful.
Re: Dangote Refinery: Largest Single Train Crude Distillation Column Berths In Lagos by Youngdozzy(m): 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
naptu2:

Like I said before, the problem is competition. Barth Nnaji is the chairman of Geometric Power and Emeka Offor is the chairman of Interstate Electric. Interstate Electric bought Enugu Disco during the privatisation programme. Geometric Power got a license to supply electricity to Aba, but Interstate Electric say that Aba is within the jurisdiction of Enugu Disco and so they should be the ones supplying electricity to Aba.

Fashola tried to settle the dispute between Geometric Power and Interstate Electric, but I don't know if he was successful.

Barth has been working really had to get geometric power working in Aba, he has even lost a good chunk of his company to Chinese investors yet EEDC still is in charge of the city. The politics in Nigeria has refused to allow Nigeria move forward.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ban Tomato Importation - Dangote Tomato MD Tells FG / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.