Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (36751 Views)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by timiehyinshittu: 11:22am On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:
Please I Need Advise Urgently!

Pls I just registered this handle to avoid any form of backlash.

Here's my issue, I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. However, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area.

Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually.

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this.

Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits.

Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?

lala pls move to front page

Bro am a banker..pleaseeee stay with ur teaching job..u will buy red wine for me later..already if u are above 27,u are no longer convertiable which means they might lay u off later in future..teaching, u get holidays and HV time for other hustles..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by AntiWailer: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2019
Bank contract

If it is not marketing.

Opportunities and the people u will meet can change Ur life forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Mac2016(m): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2019
Sir,
I like you cos you are futuristic! Kindly stick to your plans and whichever job that will probably help you achieve it but DON'T SLEEP!

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Jimi24: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2019
Very annoying #LazyNigerianYouths# thread. You know the teaching job is the better option but because of the rural location of the job you started deflecting with "teaching is not my line" and "I need extra qualifications to be a teacher". These are lies. Teaching is EVERYBODY's natural profession. So also is farming btw. You are going to be a successful technical professional in a few years but please dont give up a blessed job like teaching for counting cash in a bank which is 12 hours of a day doing something that will keep you from having time to read your engineering books and taking professional exams.
Industry 4.0 and AI will eliminate most banking jobs in two years. Pls get serious

The teaching job is blessed by God himself, it is more secure, it will keep your mind fresh, it is impacting more young lives. Take it and negotiate vacations, travel time and flexible hours to enjoy your time

3 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by johnmartus(m): 11:26am On Dec 02, 2019
Yes something must be done to that. The only people i thought should allow to hire people should be road construction engineer.
post=84550388:

There is no guarantee that you will even work up to a year as a CONTRACT staff before they let you gi

Keep doing the teaching job before you go for what you are really after...which is

All the very best .

Hmmmmmm, this is deep!
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by helinues: 11:26am On Dec 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Beer money....how do people survive with such stipend

Happiness is the cheapest thing to buy but hard to get.. Not by figures bro

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by grandstar(m): 11:27am On Dec 02, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Without prior notice, first Bank of Nigeria sacked contract staff across the 36 States of Nigeria.
The bank has claimed that they sacked only the contract staff whose contract ended.
The staff were reported to have received the shocking news lately yesterday.
This new development affected the services of the bank in the early hours of Thursday, November, 2019
Customers may experience delay banking with first bank today.
Some of the sacked staff described their sack as sudden.
The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible. While doing that, the system needs to accept the new operators which causes delay as operators send request to the bank database for fresh registration.
Those requesting for ATM, opening of accounts were told to come back another as the systems failed to load.
In case you didn’t see your favorite staff as you visit your branch, know that he/she has been fired.
We wish all the affected staff Good Luck as they move on.

If this happened in the last few days, it explains the nightmare I have recently encountered with the bank especially with the mobile banking

Someone deposited money into my account 2 hours ago and has not reflected in my account

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by CSTR2: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2019
There are some questions that shouldn't be asked.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by AmazingELixir: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2019
helinues:

Happiness is the cheapest thing to buy but hard to get.. Not by figures bro

You will be surprised how fast figures flood you with happiness.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by tomdon(m): 11:30am On Dec 02, 2019
I don't know about the terms and how favorable the rural area and working conditions of the govt job is
But one thing that I know for a fact is that if you take a bank job especially operations for 85k monthly, you're only but enslaving yourself.
Your days of freedom is ended over peanut

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by gabicon: 11:31am On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Here's my issue, I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. However, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area.

Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually.

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this.

Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits.

Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?

you need to ask yourself the question ''Do I want to a better paying job or do I want to build a career?''. The answer to this question should determine your next line of action, if you still intend to dive into the technical career I will advise you get skill as compared to an educational degree.

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by helinues: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:

You will be surprised how fast figures flood you with happiness.

Is that why Michael Bloomberg wants to contests for Usa president? You mean he is not happy with his current money?
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Qadaffi2idiamin: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2019
Do you know what they call job security?

Take the government job and add a business to sustain yourself till you find your way to deep your hands in the treasury

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Nsarug80: 11:35am On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Teachers in some states seldomly report for duties. If the situation is same in your state then you can focus on the bank job while still receiving your salaries as a teacher.
On the other hand, if your job as a teacher requires your presence, you can negotiate with the principal of the school. If he/she agrees, you concentrate on the bank job & still receive your salaries as a teacher. Abi na you wan sanitize the system?
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by bunmioguns(m): 11:35am On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Go for the teaching job ASAP

It will give you opportunity to further your studies self

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Eserise1(m): 11:37am On Dec 02, 2019
Accept the teaching Job, it a permanent job, by the way which state?
You will have time to do other hussle and further your education .
Bank job will stress you , no time for yourself 7am -7pm everyday and even weekend , if you loss or miss calculate money you will pay, as it's contact job u could be dropped any time without a single reason.

I strongly advice you , go for the teaching job.

3 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by kevoh(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2019
Jimi24:
Teaching is EVERYBODY's natural profession.
grin grin grin
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Hypocrit: 11:42am On Dec 02, 2019
This is one of the problems we have in this country. People searching for job base on the size of the reward of which their profession is even quite different from the choice before them.

But, are they to be blame? No. The state of the country is to be blame which we all contributed to its decay.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Jsucre(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2019
You kill it man
MrHighSea:
N35,000 problem.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by NuelNuelTT(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2019
Please go for the N50k public teaching job. You would find your way to urban area over time, have time to develop yourself, chase your dream and possibly do business.
On the other hand, going for the 85k contract bank job WILL enslave you. You wouldn't have time for other things in life. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by abumeinben(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Teach and you'll still be able to get all relevant certifications and side hustles too

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Jsucre(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2019
Go for teaching abeg. I've tested both.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by zicoraads: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya, I would have advised you take the teaching job if it was based in the city. The village is a no-no for me.

Your age should also factor into whatever decision you want to make. Don't retire early as a result of being afraid to take certain risks.

Life is full of risks.

I teach. But I'll advise you take the bank job, but don't get very comfortable working there. I know it's not easy, so start plotting an exit by developing yourself and building your network as soon as you get in.

Even as a bank staff, you might develop yourself to an extent that you'll become too big for your bank, and they'll be looking at taking you up higher.

Cheers to you.

4 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Koval12(m): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2019
I am taking the government teaching job without a second thought

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by AmazingELixir: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2019
helinues:

Is that why Michael Bloomberg wants to contests for Usa president? You mean he is not happy with his current money?

That analogy doesn't stick...all men of wealth want either of these two things or both.. more wealth or power, and that is an unwritten universal truism.

Happiness on the other hand is an offshoot of both to a larger extent...and you're most likely disposed to see a happy financially stable individual than a happy impoverished one.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by miketayo(m): 11:51am On Dec 02, 2019
Fineman1759:
I world in 2 banks firstbank and diamond bank I will tell you one thing for sure you will get disciplined in the bank but bro you will never save money you will nervedo anything tangible. Check all the bank managers they build at 40 50 years

Bro teaching job is better you study and grow and do better in life

Wat do u do with ur salary that u can't save, pretty sure u earn above 120k, and they pay extra for weekend atm duties
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by bizhop01: 11:51am On Dec 02, 2019
Bank had zero percent job security especially if you are contract staff.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by stealmatic(m): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2019
helinues:
Go for teaching job if you want to be sleeping peacefully at night

If you are a good teacher, N50k salary + you should be getting at least 30k from extra coaching after school + additional tokens from appreciative parents

Voila N100k monthly with teaching job
he sed its located at a rural area,abi u no read am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You Start Collecting Salary (Photos) / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People / 20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.