Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (36763 Views)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Birniwa(m): 11:58am On Dec 02, 2019
One of the few moments Nairalanders are giving honest and sincere advice.

Guy you've seen enough through the replies above me. You are better off with that teaching job even if the pay is below the said 50k. Reason; you have ample time to develop and grow yourself in the long run within a matter of a few years. Full-time banking job is nothing but pure slavery let alone the contract part of it.

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Donas11(m): 12:11pm On Dec 02, 2019
God forbid the teaching job be in Kogi State..

Aunty collect the bank job,save up enough money and start a business..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by desoul2004(m): 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:
Please I Need Advise Urgently!

Pls I just registered this handle to avoid any form of backlash.

Here's my issue, I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. However, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area.

Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually.

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this.

Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits.

Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?

lala pls move to front page

The worst mistake you'll ever do in life is to accept the banking job. You'll regret it till you die.

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Pauladex(m): 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
Those that started teaching job with you would have gone far before your sack letter will mature in bank. Pls pick bank job.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by crunchyg: 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Here's my issue, I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. However, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area.

Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually.

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this.

Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits.

Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?

Abeg go for the public school job, it will give you enough time to pursue other dreams that you have but the bank job won't give you that time and as a young person what you need now is all the time in the world to chart a cause for your self which the bank job won't give you. I don talk finish

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by rakabuba001(m): 12:35pm On Dec 02, 2019
Contract staff Kwa
Go for teaching...even bankers they envy the freedom wey teachers dey enjoy these days.
Forget the suit and tie...nothing beats freedom and I am saying this from experience.

4 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Rapmoney(m): 12:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Beer money....how do people survive with such stipend
Rich man, how many cars, businesses and houses do you own?

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by R3v3rs3: 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
My brother... Delta state will pay you very soon.. You are concerned about the 5years in rural posting right?
Think of it as an opportunity and make the best out of it...
Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by NWABUKA007(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Without prior notice, first Bank of Nigeria sacked contract staff across the 36 States of Nigeria.
The bank has claimed that they sacked only the contract staff whose contract ended.
The staff were reported to have received the shocking news lately yesterday.
This new development affected the services of the bank in the early hours of Thursday, November, 2019
Customers may experience delay banking with first bank today.
Some of the sacked staff described their sack as sudden.
The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible. While doing that, the system needs to accept the new operators which causes delay as operators send request to the bank database for fresh registration.
Those requesting for ATM, opening of accounts were told to come back another as the systems failed to load.
In case you didn’t see your favorite staff as you visit your branch, know that he/she has been fired.
We wish all the affected staff Good Luck as they move on.

indirect Speech

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Tunagee(m): 12:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
teadrake:

Where's the labour union on this First Bank will even attempt to replace those contract guys by recruiting another batch that'll be sack later. What kind of policy is that Why is this country so useless like this??

Did u say Labour union?Those ones dey after their pockets

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by kunkelhanspeter(m): 12:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
MrHighSea:
N35,000 problem.

Can you imagine
The 35k not even enough for Hennessy VSOP.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Tunagee(m): 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
nellynonso:
First Bank has an exam that contract staff need to pass for them to become permanent staff. All their contract staff know this but laziness and time no gree some time take this exam. Go for First Bank job, First bank offers lots of opportunities for their workers just that the work is quite stressful.

Which stupid exam? Exam that is characterised by nepotism(who know who)and the pussie givers.Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Burgerlomo: 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
helinues:
Go for teaching job if you want to be sleeping peacefully at night

If you are a good teacher, N50k salary + you should be getting at least 30k from extra coaching after school + additional tokens from appreciative parents

Voila N100k monthly with teaching job

Sense will not kee you grin but you forgot to mention food stuffs gift from the appreciative parents

3 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by idu1(m): 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2019
Don't be deceived by suit sir
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by rahztafari(m): 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2019
The teaching job is free money. Take it from me. I take freelance jobs when am in the school where I teach.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 02, 2019
timiehyinshittu:

Bro am a banker..pleaseeee stay with ur teaching job..u will buy red wine for me later..already if u are above 27,u are no longer convertiable which means they might lay u off later in future..teaching, u get holidays and HV time for other hustles..

Wow, what is your pay range & were you hired as a contract staff?
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by zitoray(m): 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2019
#50000 salary for government workers is far better,peaceful and secured than 75k salary for bank contract staff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Eagba(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
Nsarug80:

Teachers in some states seldomly report for duties. If the situation is same in your state then you can focus on the bank job while still receiving your salaries as a teacher.
On the other hand, if your job as a teacher requires your presence, you can negotiate with the principal of the school. If he/she agrees, you concentrate on the bank job & still receive your salaries as a teacher. Abi na you wan sanitize the system?

if I slap u ehn. lazy and criminal minded person like you. after all this raty acquirements, you still can not find fulfilment. instead of you to ask for his age, to know if the bank work holds certain future for him. or you could have told him to go for the teaching job and still have a side hustle. instead of denying some kids of the opportunity to learn.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by sojfarm: 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
The bank job:

Good sides:

1. You gain banking experience
2. Higher compared to the teaching job
3. You can develop a promising career if you are able to establish and maintain quality relationships

Bad sides:
1. Job insecurity
2. Very stressfull
3. Use and dump industry
4. You may not have work life balance opportunities

Teachings

Good sides (given your current location)
1. Secured with government
2. Steady income
3. Rest of mind
4. You can develop ypur self and start some private coaching
5. See opportunities in that rural area such as farming and trading
6. Lower cost of living
7. Quality work vs life balance
8. Good chance for teaching career growth - with your teaching experience, after your tech related education with higher qualification, you can take opportunities in your institutions and even become a consultants.

Bad side

1. Low
2. Rural areas - you actually turn this to good advantage

DO NOT BE LITTLE THE DAYS OF SMALL BEGINNING.

YOU SHALL MAKE IT IN JESUS NAME, AMEN

4 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Have you asked properly to know if they do hold salary in the teaching job??
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by maasoap(m): 1:21pm On Dec 02, 2019
Acidosis:
85k contract job in a city centre is ideal if (i) you desire unlimited prosperity, and (ii) have the potential to translate opportunities into that desired prosperity.

Before you relocate to the village, make sure you visit the village's richest teacher. Whatever you see is the highest limit you can get to in life.

The choice is yours to take.

Hilarious but scary

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Godful: 1:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Go for the teaching job, you have more job security there and you will have ample time to do any other business you like. the bank job will give you no chance at all and besides there is no condition of service or job security. you can get education certificate within a year

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by maasoap(m): 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2019
kevoh:
None of them is better! 85k in present-day Nigeria is worthless, better start thinking of how to have a second stream of income.

This is it, multiple sources of income should be the ultimate thing on his mind whichever he chooses between the two.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
That a bank contract staff can be sacked at anytime does not mean all can be sack, it depends on luck. Believe in yourself and your God.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by extremelygolden: 1:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
There's no job security in the bank. And as a contract staff they will use and dump you later.

Moreover, because of limited number of staff available, you might also be required to work weekends and public holidays.

You will just wake up one day to find out you no longer have a social life. And the opportunity to improve academically or in your career will be frustrated, because they will keep telling you the bank is not ready to employ, so you either forget about school for now, or resign and go back to school.

IMO, I will advise you opt for the school job where you'll have all the time in the world to pursue other passion.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by kevoh(m): 1:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
maasoap:

This is it, multiple sources of income should be the ultimate thing on his mind whichever he chooses between the two.
This is me and you discussing on this thread like we know each other, without tearing ourselves apart! grin grin But on the other Etinosa's thread, I am waiting to tear you up like a lion will do to its prey all because of religion. This life ehn! grin

Anyway, the average salaried job in Nigeria is a delusion especially the civil service. It deceives you to hide in your comfort zone while smart people are doubling and tripling their income and earning naira/dollars with their skills. Even the 50K teaching job people are advising the OP to take is not guaranteed if he is not an NCE or Bachelor of Education Degree holder, this one that the government is about to sack non-teaching professionals. i.e Those without a teaching certificate.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Eagleeyex: 1:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
go for school is more secure and you will have more time
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by dave4rella(m): 1:39pm On Dec 02, 2019

Go for teaching job
My wife works in the bank
Planning to pool her off that crappy job
Those top bank bosses are perverts
Before they take my sleep away from me

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by TheFuckQueen: 1:44pm On Dec 02, 2019
Let me give you my sincere opinion.

Firstly you must know that teaching in a government school is very challenging duo it comes with job security, and if you have a good boss, you can do your Master within your first two years.

While on the teaching job you should see yourself as an unemployed graduate, continue applying to different jobs and acquire skills relevant to your field from your savings, before you know it, you will get another job within your first 3years on the job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by maasoap(m): 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
kevoh:

This is me and you discussing on this thread like we know each other, without tearing ourselves apart! grin grin But on the other Etinosa's thread, I am waiting to tear you up like a lion will do to its prey all because of religion. This life ehn! grin

Anyway, the average salaried job in Nigeria is a delusion especially the civil service. It deceives you to hide in your comfort zone while smart people are doubling and tripling their income and earning naira/dollars with their skills. Even the 50K teaching job people are advising the OP to take is not guaranteed if he is not an NCE or Bachelor of Education Degree holder, this one that the government is about to sack non-teaching professionals. i.e Those without a teaching certificate.

You tried! On both threads, I didn't even check the monikers I quoted. Sometimes, it is like that.

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by ZombieTERROR: 1:56pm On Dec 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:

STFU Iranu

As expected grin grin
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2019
Contract work for bank na scam!!! Beware!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You Start Collecting Salary (Photos) / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People / 20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.