Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant (1762 Views)

I Didn’t Share Jonathan’s Rice As Xmas Gift —Edo PDP Gov Aspirant / Aminu Kani, Jigawa PDP Gov Aspirant Defects To APC / Army Fights Back, Says Gov Jang’s Statement Embarrassing, Display Of Naivety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by KnowAll(m): 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2010
A governorship aspirant in Ogun State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Gboyega Nasir Isiaka, has said that the state’s economy would be among the top four in Nigeria by 2015.

He stated this at an interactive media chat in Abeokuta at the weekend where he also disclosed that his blueprint to turn around the economy of the state would soon be made public.

He also disclosed that the roadmap was predicated on a four developmental agenda which included: growing our economy; providing quality social services; strengthening our people and society; and energising government and polity.

Isiaka, the consensus aspirant of the Ogun West senatorial district for the governorship office, revealed that currently Ogun State Gross Domestic product (GDP) was the ninth largest GDP in the country estimated at US$10.47billion.

He said with the state’s active population of 4.26million, its nearness to Lagos and the expertise he was bringing to the administration as an investment banker, Ogun State would be amongst the top four economies in Nigeria.

He said that if the natural and human resources were well harnessed in line with its comparative advantage, Ogun State’s economy shall compare favourably with the economy of Ghana ($31.23 billion) or Cote D’Ivoire ($32.8 billion) and shall definitely be bigger than the economy of Benin Republic ($12.5billionn), or Mali ($14.18million).

[size=14pt]Where is that man from Ghana, when I said the economy of Ghana is less or equals to the economy of Agege(a run down suburb of Lagos) that cannot be further from the truth how much more comparing the whole of Nigeria with Ghana undecided [/size]
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by vangogh: 11:40pm On Nov 23, 2010
KnowAll:

A governorship aspirant in Ogun State on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Gboyega Nasir Isiaka, has said that the state’s economy would be among the top four in Nigeria by 2015.

He stated this at an interactive media chat in Abeokuta at the weekend where he also disclosed that his blueprint to turn around the economy of the state would soon be made public.

He also disclosed that the roadmap was predicated on a four developmental agenda which included: growing our economy; providing quality social services; strengthening our people and society; and energising government and polity.

Isiaka, the consensus aspirant of the Ogun West senatorial district for the governorship office, revealed that currently Ogun State Gross Domestic product (GDP) was the ninth largest GDP in the country estimated at US$10.47billion.

He said with the state’s active population of 4.26million, its nearness to Lagos and the expertise he was bringing to the administration as an investment banker, Ogun State would be amongst the top four economies in Nigeria.

He said that if the natural and human resources were well harnessed in line with its comparative advantage, Ogun State’s economy shall compare favourably with the economy of Ghana ($31.23 billion) or Cote D’Ivoire ($32.8 billion) and shall definitely be bigger than the economy of Benin Republic ($12.5billionn), or Mali ($14.18million).

[size=14pt]Where is that man from Ghana, when I said the economy of Ghana is less or equals to the economy of Agege(a run down suburb of Lagos) that cannot be further from the truth how much more comparing the whole of Nigeria with Ghana undecided [/size]

It would be nice to see a blueprint of how he proposes to achieve this economic growth.
Protracting an economy from $10 billion to surpass $31 billion is not an easy feat given the fact that a governor is limited to no more than eight years in office.
Talk is cheap, action is what is needed.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by DapoBear(m): 11:58pm On Nov 23, 2010
^-- Agreed. Note that to go from 10 to 30 billion in 8 years requires roughly a 15% annualized growth rate. While this is possible, it will require some concrete plans, and most importantly a lot of money to accomplish. Power supply needs to be guaranteed, roads fixed, and other things need to be done to ensure an enabling environment for business in the state.

I like the ambitious goal, but will remain a skeptic until he provides a specific road map for achieving it.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 24, 2010
soludo also promised to transform Anambra to Dubai. . .same old shiit we hear every 4 years,abegi.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by DapoBear(m): 12:23am On Nov 24, 2010
Hrm, Soludo actually has a track record of success and understands economics. A lot of these other guys do not, they think borrowing money to build white elephant projects is the way to run a gov't.

I'd trust someone like Soludo to get the most out of the economy possible.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 24, 2010
Nigeria Politicians are the same.daniel has spent almost 8 years and i guess he also made similar promises when he was campaigning ;but a critical look at ogun state reveal a privatized state governed by his emperor otunba himself.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Osama10(m): 4:41am On Nov 24, 2010
Same lies, Same stories, Same dribbling skills, all just to get into Power.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2010
I remember Gbenga Daniel said a lot more than this in 2006
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by stormm: 8:15am On Nov 24, 2010
Isiaka is OGD's anointed. If elected, I'm sure he'll be worse than his godfather.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by tkb417(m): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2010
hahaha

not sure, isnt he the same guy that OGD took from OPS to come and head Gateway Trustees

what have they done?

if hes the same person then the dude cannot do jack!!!!
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by dustydee: 9:27am On Nov 24, 2010
Just like the economy of Califonia is bigger than that of the entire west africa*(including Nigeria)
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by princekevo(m): 11:52am On Nov 24, 2010
Talk is cheap. Are Nigerians sef not tire of this cheap talks. Nigerian politicians should try another formats now for their Mugus.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by doyin13(m): 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2010
Its not new, these politicians promising Earth to Mars in six months.

What I am concerned about are the journalists who don't seem to
be able to question them at source when they make these outrageous
claims.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by KnowAll(m): 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2010
The economy of Lagos is larger than ¾ of the West African region, if not all, A good Governor in Ogun State would tap and harnessed the vast potentials inherent in Lagos into something positive and advantageous to Ogun State. There is no reasons why someone working in Lagos cannot be residing in Sagamu, Ottah, Ifo, and Ijebu if there are good roads connecting these Towns and Lagos, 

Building  New Towns in the outskirts of Lagos Metropolitan area and providing services that Lagosians can only marvel over at to those Towns, such as security, refuse collection, and road, environmental maintenance, Schools, Super markets and charging a fee for these services would push Ogun State’s income up astronomically

In London many people live 50 -60 miles out of town, and what I notice is those places out of town seem to be more affluent than within the town itself.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by 1025: 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2010
ogun ppl are lucky just like anambra state where soludo wanted to turn the state to japan and dubai overnight.
these kinds of old model liars usually fail elections.
gone are those days ppl are decieved with these childish lies and that was why anambra ppl made a fool of that man that thought he is wise(soludo) and he became 5th in the result after spending all the pdp provided billions.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Abagworo(m): 1:57pm On Nov 24, 2010
This man dey yan opata.Talk is cheap.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Lawalemi(m): 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2010
Osoba, Daniel, and now, , another deceiver!
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by zaoops: 6:38pm On Nov 24, 2010
I believe he can if he surrounds himself with the right people.
He's a great fellow and i don't think we should just throw away his ambition to transform Ogun State.
All we need do is to allow the "BEST" to lead the "REST"
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by MShittu: 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2010
I think Ogun state should vote ACN. The party seems to be working for other south-western states.
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
Lawalemi:

Osoba, Daniel, and now, , another deceiver!
Osoba was far better than gbenga,he didnt mortaged the future of the citizens of the state.Gbenga is just living on his legacy .
zaoops:

[s]I believe he can if he surrounds himself with the right people.[/s]
He's a great fellow and i don't think we should just throw away his ambition to transform Ogun State.
All we need do is to allow the "BEST" to lead the "REST"
Lmao.he has already surround himself with Gbenga Daneiel and PDP,so he's bound to fail
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Believe2: 7:11pm On Nov 24, 2010
Quite frankly! The population of Lagos is about three (3) times that of Ogun State. However, Ogun state land mass is about three (3) times that of Lagos. Where do you think Lagos is getting her foods from? . . . North of course! One of the disincentives to Agric produce getting to the market is transportation. Leveraging on the nearness to the Lagos market, Agriculture is one key areas GNI can focus on. Apart from the Lagos market . . . there are overseas mkt. Ogun state also have solid minerals and human capacity. Since govt alone cannot do everything . . . his solid background in investment will facilitate opening up the state economy to private sector participation. Nothing is impossible. The target seams real and achievable . . . believe me! shocked
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 24, 2010
DapoBear:

Hrm, Soludo actually has a track record of success and understands economics. A lot of these other guys do not, they think borrowing money to build white elephant projects is the way to run a gov't.

eh?
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by Onlytruth(m): 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2010
Ghana don suffer! grin grin grin grin

In fact I go soon make Nnewi GDP pass Ghana's own sef! cool cool cool
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by stormm: 7:53am On Nov 25, 2010
zaoops:

I believe he can if he surrounds himself with the right people.

What planet are u from? The man was OGD's head of economic team, what did he make of that assignment? Now tell me the people he is going to surround himself with if not those that got him the ticket.

Stop dreaming, Mr. Isiaka is not different from his godfather and may even be worse, having being a part OGD school of 'do-or-die' politics
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by calyx: 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2010

oyb:

eh?

Of course
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by DapoBear(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2010
oyb:

eh?

I think Soludo did a good job as head of the CBN, personally. I think the bank merging progress really helped Nigeria, overall. Not sure that the problems the occured at the tail end should wholly be blamed on him. But just my opinion. . .
Re: I Shall Make Ogun State Economy Bigger Than Ghana's Says Gov Aspirant by stormm: 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2010
DapoBear:

I think Soludo did a good job as head of the CBN, personally. I think the bank merging progress really helped Nigeria, overall. Not sure that the problems the occured at the tail end should wholly be blamed on him.

Really?

How long did it take for SLS to discover that the system was rotten? I believe it was less than a month after getting there. Consolidation might have been good. But the attendant controls necessary were nowhere. Soludo became a movie star, opening bank branches abroad with all attendant perks, collecting all sorts of dubious awards.

He got lost in the grime and failed woefully to monitor his wards, who had suddenly come into money beyond their wildest dreams, they became insatiably hungry for fame, competing ravenously for personal aggrandisement. Its really a shame sha.

(1) (Reply)

Wikileak: Nigeria A Failed State, Another Pakistan In The Making / Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin / Pdp Primaries: Nnamani, Ayogu Eze Out Of Contest For Senatorial Tickets !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.