Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Your Take Please..please Advice. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Your Take Please..please Advice. (769 Views)

Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice / One Month Quit Notice... Please Advice (photo) / Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Take Please..please Advice. by redcross: 11:50pm On Dec 01, 2019
I am a Dallas based investor,I wanna invest in Nigeria Edo State where i came from.

Which is more secure and lucrative to invest in;

I wanna build a CBT test Hub with 300 computers in Benin City or Build a 200 units self contain student housing in UNIBEN.?

Which is more better and why ,which other businesses is more secure in this Buhari Government.?

Thanks you my lovely people!
Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by MrMcJay(m): 1:47am On Dec 02, 2019
redcross:
I am a Dallas based investor,I wanna invest in Nigeria Edo State where i came from.

Which is more secure and lucrative to invest in;

I wanna build a CBT test Hub with 300 computers in Benin City or Build a 200 units self contain student housing in UNIBEN.?

Which is better and why ,which other businesses is more secure in this Buhari Government.?

Thanks you my lovely people!

How do you intend to monitor either of both businesses?
Else people would ruin you, I can assure you of that.

I have had clients who built student hostels in different parts of Nigeria. What I'll advise you to do is this: if you want to build student hostels, don't build 200 rooms at once. Build it in phases. See what you're doing clearly and make mistakes before going all in.

A smart way to go about this is to approach Uniben for a PPP arrangement. They give you land big enough to build your 200 room hostels and an Irrevocable Power of Attorney for a specified time (usually 20 years). You assemble your architects, lawyers, engineers, surveyors, etc to build according to the school's specifications.

This way, you're sure of full and consistent patronage and chances of you getting cheated are minimised. In a couple of years, you cash out.

In Nigeria, monitoring your business is more important than starting. Your own family can mess you up. In construction, only involve those you can use Police to deal with if they defraud you.

2 Likes

Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by Heartbender: 1:57am On Dec 02, 2019
Build the hotel. Give it to a lawyer to manage and send you the agreed sum person year

1 Like

Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by redcross: 2:39am On Dec 02, 2019
MrMcJay:

How do you intend to monitor either of both businesses?
Else people would ruin you, I can assure you of that.

I have had clients who built student hostels in different parts of Nigeria. What I'll advise you to do is this: if you want to build student hostels, don't build 200 rooms at once. Build it in phases. See what you're doing clearly and make mistakes before going all in.

A smart way to go about this is to approach Uniben for a PPP arrangement. They give you land big enough to build your 200 room hostels and an Irrevocable Power of Attorney for a specified time (usually 20 years). You assemble your architects, lawyers, engineers, surveyors, etc to build according to the school's specifications.

This way, you're sure of full and consistent patronage and chances of you getting cheated are minimised. In a couple of years, you cash out.

In Nigeria, monitoring your business is more important than starting. Your own family can mess you up. In construction, only involve those you can use Police to deal with if they defraud you.

I will be on ground to start,monitor or run the business,

But again,am i paying UNIBEN for the land or How is it done sir..Should i buy the land?
Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by redcross: 2:43am On Dec 02, 2019
Heartbender:
Build the hotel. Give it to a lawyer to manage and send you the agreed sum person year

Ok,Thanks but i have investor under the company Posh Properties LLC.,Posh Properties will manage.
Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by Chimookigwe: 3:39am On Dec 02, 2019
Don't build what you cannot sell.

Ensure you have students who are willing to take up the accommodation at the price you're offering. Also, don't allow those things called yahoo boys rent apartments in your building. Important.

1 Like

Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by MrMcJay(m): 4:30am On Dec 02, 2019
redcross:

I will be on ground to start,monitor or run the business,

But again,am i paying UNIBEN for the land or How is it done sir. Should i buy the land?

You can decide to buy land close to Uniben OR you can decide to lease from Uniben and they'll give you part of their own land.

If you're buying, the land and property becomes yours 100%. The cost of the land is factored into your costs and increases the cost of the project. However, you can decide to sell off the hostels as they are yours 100%.

For the PPP option, you approach Uniben and they give you land for lease. You pay a premium on the land, build your 200-room hostel and collect rent for a specified number of years after building. Usually after 20 years. You can't demolish, sell or otherwise part with the ownership of the hostel.

The thing is that hostels built on PPP model are usually more lucrative cos they are within the school property. If situated towards the school gate with a separate entrance into the hostel, you're made.

To decide which to go for, consult your investors and assemble a team with indepth knowledge of the business and have done it before. They would tell you the smartest ways to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by redcross: 6:38am On Dec 02, 2019
Chimookigwe:
Don't build what you cannot sell.

Ensure you have students who are willing to take up the accommodation at the price you're offering. Also, don't allow those things called yahoo boys rent apartments in your building. Important.

I don't wanna sell, it's along time investment drive.

Again,,Yahoo and cultism will not be tolerated.,The lease is for 100level students or final year students.
Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by redcross: 6:41am On Dec 02, 2019
MrMcJay:

You can decide to buy land close to Uniben OR you can decide to lease from Uniben and they'll give you part of their own land.

If you're buying, the land and property becomes yours 100%. The cost of the land is factored into your costs and increases the cost of the project. However, you can decide to sell off the hostels as they are yours 100%.

For the PPP option, you approach Uniben and they give you land for lease. You pay a premium on the land, build your 200-room hostel and collect rent for a specified number of years after building. Usually after 20 years. You can't demolish, sell or otherwise part with the ownership of the hostel.

The thing is that hostels built on PPP model are usually more lucrative cos they are within the school property. If situated towards the school gate with a separate entrance into the hostel, you're made.

To decide which to go for, consult your investors and assemble a team with indepth knowledge of the business and have done it before. They would tell you the smartest ways to go about it.

Thank you bro....You have given me hope.I swear no one is talking about the CTB hub..lol
Re: Your Take Please..please Advice. by Heartbender: 9:31am On Dec 02, 2019
Well, there's your answer
redcross:

Ok,Thanks but i have investor under the company Posh Properties LLC.,Posh Properties will manage.

(1) (Reply)

2 Bedroom Apartment For Rent In Wuye Abuja Kw-2709 / Hot Property! Miniflat Apartment At Lagos ( Photos Plus Other Property Available / Decent Mini Flat To Let @ Isawo Agric Ikorodu + Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.