Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,397 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? (955 Views)

Stop Lending Money To People In Naira / Ugandan Bank Accused Of Lending Money To Dead Man / Should I Stop Lending People Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by ENGINEERG(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2019
Currently, I have over one million naira outside that people borrowed from me , but I have less than N10,000 in my account now..I do pity people and trust people , but it is painful, many friends have turned to enemy because I want to collect my money back..I decided not to lend money to people again, but I don't know how to do it, pls which method can I use so I don't have mercy again on people to lend them money ?
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by healthserve(m): 9:10am On Dec 02, 2019
Do you mind stating how many people you gave out the one million naira to and the reasons they gave one after the other.

You need to learn emotional intelligence so you won't be conditioned or controlled by external influence even before you consult your rational mind on issues

I recommend taking this thread to front page mods

In the mean time, learn how to say No. And make No your default response to people on anything. Or I'll think about it and get back to you... Another way to avoid been caught in that tight angle with people is tell them you're saving up for a project or you're handling a project at the moment thats mopping up all your funds.

This way you set a default response when they come to you with all their neediness. Most importantly, learn to master your money and emotions to money.

Can we have this on front page please

FOD

Dominique

Naijacutee

Puskin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by Ofemmanu1: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2019
Such is life bro.
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by ENGINEERG(m): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2019
thanks ...I have almost 20 major people owning now
healthserve:
Do you mind stating how many people you gave out the one million naira to and the reasons they gave one after the other.

You need to learn emotional intelligence so you won't be conditioned or controlled by external influence even before you consult your rational mind on issues

I recommend taking this thread to front page mods

In the mean time, learn how to say No. And make No your default response to people on anything. Or I'll think about it and get back to you... Another way to avoid been caught in that tight angle with people is tell them you're saving up for a project or you're handling a project at the moment thats mopping up all your funds.

This way you set a default response when they come to you with all their neediness. Most importantly, learn to master your money and emotions to money.

Can we have this on front page please

FOD

Dominique

Naijacutee

Puskin
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by bluebay(m): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Fake a bankruptcy my friend... You won't only stop lending, but you'll know your real family and friends .. Also, you'll be inspired to retrieve back your money.
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by healthserve(m): 9:50am On Dec 02, 2019
ENGINEERG:
thanks ...I have almost 20 major people owning now

You need to read and improve on yourself. You have bad money spending habits and armateur emotional handling of money Sir
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by SEGLIZ: 10:16am On Dec 02, 2019
inside this life.
how would you go about life without being compassionate.
still the people around would turn around look you in the eye, call you a fool for being compassionate to them.
life in its entirety remains a dilemma.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by kenobi007(m): 10:40am On Dec 02, 2019
Are you a salary earner or Biz owner??
Do you have an urgent need for cash to settle bills, take care of emergencies or grab an opportunity?
Does payday seem so far and bills are piling up?
Don’t worry! With Page financials Our convenient, secure and instant loans have got you covered.

Apply for a loan now and get the funds in less than 3 hours.
No collateral, No guarantor.

Contact me on 08*146*11*8810 on call or whatsapp for more info

Obinna
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by LegendaryLover(m): 10:42am On Dec 02, 2019
Yours is even good. I've lent over 80millionnaira to people. The last person i heard was going to a witchdoctor if i paid him another visit to get back my money so he may take my life.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by cheango: 10:44am On Dec 02, 2019
Better, Op can direct his people to you ..its another solution to his problem
kenobi007:
Do you have an urgent need for cash to settle bills, take care of emergencies or grab an opportunity?
Don’t worry! With Page financials Our convenient, secure and instant loans have got you covered.

Obinna
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by ENGINEERG(m): 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
What are the requirements
kenobi007:

Obinna
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by kenobi007(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2019
ENGINEERG:

For personal loan ( salary earners)
*earning 80k and above
* 6months bank statement
* Utility bill
* Employment letter/offer letter
*Office I.d card
*Valid Govt approved I.d card
*passport photograph
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by samdavjustin(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
ENGINEERG:
Currently, I have over one million naira outside that people borrowed from me , but I have less than N10,000 in my account now..I do pity people and trust people , but it is painful, many friends have turned to enemy because I want to collect my money back..I decided not to lend money to people again, but I don't know how to do it, pls which method can I use so I don't have mercy again on people to lend them money ?
Eayah I feel your pain this is the thing in order to be financially ok you need to learn how money works and rules of money. Don’t ever give out what you can’t dash out am sorry to say you won’t get back all the money. You have to safe guard your money otherwise a person who loves it more will take it with any means possible. From now now always tell them you are not a bank if they need to borrow money that’s where they should go that’s how I deal with mine. Funny thing is you might think you will loose friends if u reject them money but reverse is the case instead you lose friends trying to recover your funds
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by kenobi007(m): 2:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
ENGINEERG:
Pls chat me on whatsapp or call me. 090'318*317*15
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by op4real(m): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
I feel your pulse @Op and as advised above, avoid being moved by external environment at all times.
Since you can't lend out what is not available, the best thing is to stop keeping excess above your need, whether at hand or in the bank apart from the little you need for immediate/possible emergency. Once you get your income, send the ones not needed immeduately into an investment account or asset acquisition account that you cannot retrieve liquidate easily. Keep the remaining little for your need. Once you don't have the excess cash, you won't be able to lend, even when you are emotionally moved as you will have to go through a lot of rigour and possible penalty payments to retrieve funds from assets/investment fund. If at all you can't do the above suggestion, the least I will advise is to open a domiciliary account and be keeping your unneeded fund in hard currency because the rigour of going to bank to withdraw after which you go to Aboki to change the currency, should discourage you. Besides, keeping money in hard currency saves you the problem of inflation as naira value erodes too quickly. You can also carry your spouse along as women seem to be more frugal and astute when it comes to money handling.

On recovery of the ones outstanding, you need to first show the debtors that things are no longer as rossy as it used to be to emanate sympathy after which you then follow up with each of them to please bail you out too by asking each of them to lend you 200% of what each owes you. Like asking from 100k debtor to please urgently help you with 200k and if any of them per chance falls for it to borrow you, just deduct your own money and refund the person his own after like a week so that they won't suspect your debt recovery strategy.

Currently, I have over one million naira outside that people borrowed from me , but I have less than N10,000 in my account now..I do pity people and trust people , but it is painful, many friends have turned to enemy because I want to collect my money back..I decided not to lend money to people again, but I don't know how to do it, pls which method can I use so I don't have mercy again on people to lend them money ?[/quote]
Re: How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? by CrazyMan(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
ENGINEERG:
Stop pretending to be rich. People will only approach you for financial assistance when they feel you have the capacity to meet their needs. And that capacity can only be determined by the way you act and relate towards those close to you.

When ten or more friends starts borrowing from a particular friend like you stated in your write up, it's either he's rich or he acts like the most successful amogst them. And Nigerians being opportunists in nature would flock around you like leeches to see what they can get from you.

The sad reality of this kind of lifestyle is that if you go broke, none of them would be willing to offer you relief cos they'll all feel that you're much better than them.

Next time, just tell them you don't have and stand by your word. You don't need any method to tell a person you owe nothing that you don't have excess cash to go round. Be a man and face those trying to take advantage of your meekness. You're not labouring for anyone...

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Start Your VTU Business And Make Money Daily On Auto Pilot...... / Join 1xbet Affiliate Service And Earns Between $700 To $1000 Weekly / How Do I Repay My Mum's N30,500 Before She Finds Out Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.