Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,176 members, 7,864,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:07 AM

Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up (6551 Views)

I Will Never Seek Support From Any PDP Candidate - Abubakar Atiku / IBB, Abubakar, Atiku, Others In Secret Meeting •strategise For 2015 / Alamieyeseigha Bundled Back For Meeting With Abubakar Atiku In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 6:55pm On Nov 24, 2010
realborn:

Beaf,

I am piqued at your incessant campaign of calumny against any of GEJ’s opponent. Atiku is just as bad in this context as GEJ (Guess you have forgotten Patience was damned for a similar offence). They both have dumb political similarities of non performance as ceremonial inactive vice presidents.

I strongly advice you concentrate on ensuring your benefactor expedite necessary action to meet the requisite infrastructural and leadership needs of Nigerians other than a farce excitement + uncouth press release over the emergence of a co-looter as a consensus candidate of a myopic few. He should concentrate on the job at hand; must he utter gibberish at the slightest opportunity. The nip of trust held by a few Nigerians (since all the so called aspirants till date are buffoons + your oga inclusive) may be withdrawn if he doesn’t act aptly.

My candid advice, strategise, identify areas that will make maximum impact within the shortest time frame, plan, implement and act where necessary. We will thank you guys more thereafter. For all I care, Jega aint ready for any elections yet. Expend less energy running people down. To think that you all belong to PDP is more disheartning. House of clowns.

It is funny that you should ask me not to tell obvious truths about Atiku. It is even ridiculous. As for your claim against Patience, it is an evil lie and you know it.

Please tell me why you think it is ok for a Nigerian presidential aspirant to be wanted in the US. I find that position absolutely incredible and ridiculous beyond words.
How can you ask to discuss policies, when you are prepared to be led by an international criminal? It boggles the mind!
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 7:01pm On Nov 24, 2010
1025:

@beaf,
my point is this, once u are in the FBI wanted list, u cannot be anywhere arround abuja and lagos with your campeign offices here and there. u cannot afford public appearances. fbi is everywhere and even your closest pals are their agents. atiku is an anti govt and as such it will be very easy for them to arrest him and give room for a situation known as extradiction.
apart from atiku, do u know of anyother name on FBI want lists that moves freely. all these things are about knowledge and infromation. u are not informed. atiku has an american university here in nigeria of which americans are employed by this same atiku so u can imagine osama bin laden employing americans in the open-no brother .
if i were u, i would have said atiku is blacklisted not to enter usa and some uninformed ppl can let u go with that but wanted by fbi, no uncle.

so i don't know where u are from.

The fact that he is wanted by the FBI does not equate him with bin laden. You need to understand that Bin Laden is a threat to US security and can be shot dead on sighting. There is no need to stretch arguments to crazy lengths.

Atiku will be arrested the moment he steps in the US. Arrest warrants have been issued for he and his wife.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by jason12345: 7:10pm On Nov 24, 2010
i just laugh when people say atiku is worse than GJ in terms of corruption grin grin grin

How did you gauge or measure the level of corruption? is it atiku (a business man) who with obj racked up our foreign reserves and put us in a good position or is it GJ (an opportunist) who plundered the reserves to an all time low, invited criminals to aso rock, or his wife who bought 3 million bags of rice (btw, with which money? the people or her personal wealth?) ?.

it is one thing to support GJ because of the idea that he is a progressive (lie, what has he done?), its another to support him based on sentiments.

the guy just keeps quiet. how can someone (a product of an agreement) seize the opportunity to become president based not supporting the agreement he benefited from? and nigerians would trust such?.

we are not yet serious about changing the country!
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 7:28pm On Nov 24, 2010
^
You gauge things by soaking yourself in your culture until you know who you are and how your people tick. You will never have the ability to gauge anything while you have no identity, until you find your identity, you will always end up talking in ignorance.

Do you know the name of your village yet? Until you find that fundamental thing out, the joke is on you.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by jason12345: 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

^
You gauge things by soaking yourself in your culture until you know who you are and how your people tick. You will never have the ability to gauge anything while you have no identity, until you find your identity, you will always end up talking in ignorance.

Do you know the name of your village yet? Until you find that fundamental thing out, the joke is on you.

this has nothing to do with where i am from but COMMON SENSE! How does my village relate to the situation of the country? all that matters is that i am a NIGERIAN. i do not need to know how my people, igbos, yoruba or ijaw think. all i need to know is the problem facing my country and Her citizens.

i know you LOVE GJ. but you have to face realities. you can see that after i put up my comments on GJ, many people are reasoning from that point of view. you cannot just shut people up because they do not support GJ. that shows how undemocratic you are and for GJ, his mentality.

pls dont get me wrong, i don't support Atiku as well. all i want is progress for my people, FOR NIGERIANS!!!
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by jason12345: 7:50pm On Nov 24, 2010
UNTIL GJ tells the country how he used up our foreign reserves, he is as corrupt as Atiku.

if people still support PDP or GJ based on sentiments or ethnicity, then we as a people are not ready for change. we are just in denial!

if we do not condemn this act of opportunism, then we are dishonest people and are not ready for change!!
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2010
jason12345:

this has nothing to do with where i am from but COMMON SENSE! How does my village relate to the situation of the country? all that matters is that i am a NIGERIAN. [size=14pt]i do not need to know how my people[/size], igbos, yoruba or ijaw think. all i need to know is the problem facing my country and Her citizens.

i know you LOVE GJ. but you have to face realities. you can see that after i put up my comments on GJ, many people are reasoning from that point of view. you cannot just shut people up because they do not support GJ. that shows how undemocratic you are and for GJ, his mentality.

pls dont get me wrong, i don't support Atiku as well. all i want is progress for my people, FOR NIGERIANS!!!

Dude, if at your age you don't even know your village, what is it you know?
I wonder if you are 12 years old or something. You don't care to know your village, yet you want to talk about Nigeria from abroad? Hilarious!
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by firemelon: 8:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
you guys are just getting bitter for nothing,destiny has just used atiku to cancel ibb,making the coast clearer for gej.take it or leave it,it is a good omen that at least it will never be ibb.coming to atiku;thank you turaki for pulling the chestnut[ibb] out of the fire, you may now go home and sin no more, we dont want you,thanks for your efforts.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by jason12345: 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

Dude, if at your age you don't even know your village, what is it you know?
I wonder if you are 12 years old or something. You don't care to know your village, yet you want to talk about Nigeria from abroad? Hilarious!

it is a public forum and no one has an overall knoweldge. in fact, i believe you are the kid because you have never answered a question about GJ without insults. i am in my late 20s. and believe me you cannot throw these insults at me when you see me! it is a fact.

why don't you face the matter at hand instead of insulting, that has been your strategy. answer the questions asked by muza, dayo etc.

be civilised and mature instead of insulting.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by realborn(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

It is funny that you should ask me not to tell obvious truths about Atiku. It is even ridiculous. As for your claim against Patience, it is an evil lie and you know it.

Please tell me why you think it is ok for a Nigerian presidential aspirant to be wanted in the US. I find that position absolutely incredible and ridiculous beyond words.
How can you ask to discuss policies, when you are prepared to be led by an international criminal? It boggles the mind!

Beaf,

To succeed in your exalted deprecating job as an e-spokesman to GEJ, it is imperative you pay attention to details. My previous post on this subject clearly identified Atiku as a joke (please refer to my last sentence, paragraph 1). His poor antecedents speak volume of his paucities.

I absolutely care less what they do with their political lives but not at the expense of the populace. I reiterate once again, you will do your Oga a great deal if you advise him aptly to seek apposite way forward measures to move this country aright.

As for Patience Jonathan, I have no comments. Google search may guide you better on this subject.

Someday, I believe we will be blessed by the Good Lord with a visionary leader whose cerebral capacity will be divinely tuned to lead us to the promise land.

Regards,
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by JohnTogo: 10:18pm On Nov 24, 2010
realborn:

Beaf,

To succeed in your exalted deprecating job as an e-spokesman to GEJ, it is imperative you pay attention to details. My previous post on this subject clearly identified Atiku as a joke (please refer to my last sentence, paragraph 1). His poor antecedents speak volume of his paucities.

I absolutely care less what they do with their political lives but not at the expense of the populace. I reiterate once again, you will do your Oga a great deal if you advise him aptly to seek apposite way forward measures to move this country aright.

As for Patience Jonathan, I have no comments. Google search may guide you better on this subject.

Someday, I believe we will be blessed by the Good Lord with a visionary leader whose cerebral capacity will be divinely tuned to lead us to the promise land.

Regards,

Anybody wey see truth dey hide am na fool because u no fit use hand cover pregnancy for long.as far as dis we niger delta dey concerned this man no go win our vote.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 10:27pm On Nov 24, 2010
realborn:

Beaf,

Regards,

Firstly, you are free to post articles of the kind that appeal to you. I am not under any obligation to post things that please you (as they say, the truth is a sword).

The simple matter is that Atiku is a criminal who should not be running, I expect posters to either defend or condemn him not advice that there should be no articles discussing his utterly disgraceful track record. A record that is so bad, he is wanted in the US.

I cannot even imagine how any Nigerian can conclude that a potential president of the country might be arrested on a foreign trip. You mentioned interest in a president with the cerebral capacity to take us to the promised land. How do we hope to get there? How do we identify that leader? By shunning discussions on criminality? I just cannot understand where you are coming from.

My brother, you need to reconsider.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2010
jason12345:

it is a public forum and no one has an overall knoweldge. in fact, i believe you are the kid because you have never answered a question about GJ without insults. [size=14pt]i am in my late 20s[/size]. and believe me you cannot throw these insults at me when you see me! it is a fact.

why don't you face the matter at hand instead of insulting, that has been your strategy. answer the questions asked by muza, dayo etc.

be civilised and mature instead of insulting.

. . .And you don't know your village? You still have no identity?
Here I was thinking you were a pimpled teenager! My friend, you are truly lost! Go and ask your parents where you come from, ask them to point you to your village and teach you some of your traditions and culture. You don't even know who you are!
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2010
To all of you making claims about dame patience jonathan being investigated by efcc, seems u never read d news or just ain't current, ribadu has come out exonerating her and saying he never investigated her https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515027.0.html. I guess you should guys should read this up .
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by debosky(m): 10:44pm On Nov 24, 2010
The claims that Atiku was involved with Jefferson have been disproved in court, so why this rehash of old stories?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/us/06jefferson.html

If indeed Atiku was found 'guilty' of money laundering, where are the convictions? Jefferson simply 'name-dropped' Atiku to get more money for himself.

For someone claiming to be an 'Esquire' he can't even check his facts? Atiku was never the Comptroller of Customs., he was a Deputy Director.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a paid mouth piece of the GEJ organisation, or a joker who can't cross check facts but prefers to peddle rumours.

Where is the evidence that Atiku is a 'wanted' man? Is this based on a 'testimony' from the corrupt Jefferson that cannot be proven?
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Blazay(m): 10:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
John Togo:

Anybody wey see truth dey hide am na fool because u no fit use hand cover pregnancy for long.as far as dis we niger delta dey concerned this man no go win our vote.

Dati na ifu dem county ya vote.
Or ifu dem know say you dey alive sef.
Vote wey dem don count decide the winner since.
You dey for Naira dey make yeye noise.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 11:03pm On Nov 24, 2010
debosky:

The claims that Atiku was involved with Jefferson have been disproved in court, so why this rehash of old stories?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/06/us/06jefferson.html

If indeed Atiku was found 'guilty' of money laundering, where are the convictions? Jefferson simply 'name-dropped' Atiku to get more money for himself.

For someone claiming to be an 'Esquire' he can't even check his facts? Atiku was never the Comptroller of Customs., he was a Deputy Director.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a paid mouth piece of the GEJ organisation, or a joker who can't cross check facts but prefers to peddle rumours.

Where is the evidence that Atiku is a 'wanted' man? Is this based on a 'testimony' from the corrupt Jefferson that cannot be proven?

How about this?

[size=14pt]US SENATE: Atiku Abubakar, Others Brought ‘Dirty Money’ To US Banks[/size]
04/02/2010 17:43:00 JIMS ABRAMS, AP

Foreign dictators, high-living bureaucrats and arms dealers are still able to funnel millions of dollars in potentially corrupt money into the United States despite post-Sept. 11 laws cracking down on money laundering, according to a Senate investigation.
The son of the president of Equatorial Guinea moved $110 million in suspect funds into the United States from 2004 to 2008 while an Angolan arms dealer, now in a French jail, was able to pay $9.6 million for an Arizona home in 2000 and maintained U.S. bank accounts handling some $60 million in transactions between 1999 and 2007, the report found.

The Senate Homeland Security subcommittee on investigations, which wrote the report, has summoned several of the U.S. lawyers, real estate agents and bankers involved in the financial transactions to a hearing Thursday.

The subcommittee chairman, Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., said that while banks are doing better in blocking dirty money because of anti-money laundering safeguards in the 2001 Patriot Act, there are still "so many vehicles in our system where corrupt money can flow." The findings of the report, which focused on four case studies, are "infuriating," he said.
The 330-page report concluded that powerful foreign officials and their families, known internationally as "politically exposed persons" or PEPs, have used lawyers, real estate and escrow agents, lobbyists, bankers and university officials to circumvent anti-corruption laws.

It noted that the Treasury Department exempted some industries, such as hedge funds and the real estate industry, from Patriot Act anti-money laundering requirements, and that many of the professionals examined were under no legal obligation to take anti-money laundering precautions when dealing with a foreign official.

The four case studies:

Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue, son of the president of Equatorial Guinea, who used U.S. lawyers, bankers, real estate agents and escrow agents to move $110 million into the United States. The report said Obiang, the subject of an ongoing U.S. criminal investigation, used two lawyers who helped him with shell company accounts, two real estate agents who helped him purchase a $30 million home in Malibu, Calif., and an escrow agent who assisted in buying a $38.5 million Gulfstream jet.

Omar Bongo, president of Gabon for 41 years until his death last year, employed a U.S. lobbyist to buy six U.S.-built armored vehicles and obtain U.S. government permission to buy six U.S.-built C-130 military cargo aircraft from Saudi Arabia.

A bank in New York closed an account of Bongo's daughter, a student, after discovering she had $1 million in $100 shrink-wrapped bills in her safe deposit box, which she said her father had brought into the United States using his diplomatic status.
Jennifer Douglas, a U.S. citizen and fourth wife of the former vice president of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar, reputedly helped her husband bring more than $40 million in suspect funds into the United States. Some $25 million of that was wire transferred by offshore corporations into more than 30 U.S. bank accounts opened by Douglas. Two offshore corporations transferred about $14 million over five years to American University in Washington, D.C., to pay for consulting services in setting up a university in Nigeria founded by Abubakar.

Prosecutors last year said former Rep. William Jefferson, D-La., who received a 13-year sentence for accepting bribes, demanded $100,000 from a Virginia businesswoman to pay a bribe to Abubakar. The Nigerian denied any wrongdoing.

Bank of America did not flag the accounts of Pierre Falcone, the Angolan arms dealer, despite numerous suspicious transactions, the report said. From 1999 to 2003, the accounts received multiple wire transfers totaling more than $6 million from unidentified "clients" from such secrecy jurisdictions as the Cayman Islands, Luxembourg, Singapore and Switzerland. The bank closed the accounts in 2007.
The report recommended that Treasury adopt recent World Bank proposals to strengthen bank controls related to foreign officials and repeal anti-money laundering exemptions. Congress should require that the owners of shell corporations be named, according to the report, and should make acts of foreign corruption a legal basis for denying U.S. entry to the person involved in the corruption and his family.

A Levin aide said one possibility was attaching anti-money laundering provisions to pending legislation to increase oversight of financial institutions.

http://thewillnigeria.com/mobile/business/3619-SENATE-Atiku-Abubakar-Others-Brought-Dirty-Money-Banks.html
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by debosky(m): 11:27pm On Nov 24, 2010
So Abubakar Atiku's wife 'reputedly helped' her husband move money?

Is that evidence of corruption? Atiku owns numerous businesses, so is the alleged transfer of $40 million now evidence of corruption?

That a corrupt businessman demanded bribes allegedly to pay Atiku doesn't mean Atiku requested or was interested in bribes.

Like I said, there has been no case brought against Atiku in the US beyond allegations of a corrupt congressman. I'm still waiting for the evidence that Atiku is 'wanted' by the FBI.

Besides, the said wife continues to reside in the US, if she was the agent used in laundering money, why has no case been brought against her?

These appear to be unproven allegations.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2010
^
Money laundering is an extremely serious crime in the US. Atiku and Jennifers names wouldn't have been freely mentioned as guilty of laundering in a US Senate report that was circulated Worldwide, if there wasn't conclusive proof.
Anti-money laundering is a major part of the Patriot Act that came into being after the September 11 twin tower incident.

If Atiku steps into the US, he will be promptly arrested. It was even announced some weeks ago on CNN, that every transaction the Atiku's make Worlwide is being closely tracked by the FBI.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by debosky(m): 11:48pm On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

^
Money laundering is an extremely serious crime in the US. Atiku and Jennifers names wouldn't have been freely mentioned as guilty of laundering in a US Senate report that was circulated Worldwide, if there wasn't conclusive proof.

The US senate's claims was based on Jefferson's testimony, which has been proven to be unreliable.

If money laundering is as serious as you say and there was 'conclusive proof', why have no charges been brought against Jennifer or Atiku? Yet Jefferson has been convicted and sentenced.

What you label 'conclusive proof' is simply a list of allegations and nothing more - if there was such good proof, why haven't any indictments been made against him?

Anti-money laundering is a major part of the Patriot Act that came into being after the September 11 twin tower incident.

Thanks for the legislation lesson, but this doesn't indicate any evidence of 'conclusive proof'.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 12:03am On Nov 25, 2010
debosky:

The US senate's claims was based on Jefferson's testimony, which has been proven to be unreliable.

If money laundering is as serious as you say and there was 'conclusive proof', why have no charges been brought against Jennifer or Atiku? Yet Jefferson has been convicted and sentenced.

What you label 'conclusive proof' is simply a list of allegations and nothing more - if there was such good proof, why haven't any indictments been made against him?

You failed to see the 2008 dates, which makes the latest accusations very clearly different from the Jefferson matter which occurred in 2005.
US Court summons cannot be served on the Atiku's since they have fled America. If they ever set foot within jurisdiction of a US court, you can be sure of what will follow. To the US govt, money laundering is only slightly below terrorism.

debosky:

Thanks for the legislation lesson, but this doesn't indicate any evidence of 'conclusive proof'.

That is not the point, and is in fact a deviation from all that has been said so far; which is that Atiku is a wanted man in the US.
Conclusive proof will come in a court after he has been arrested and tried. Until then, he is wanted.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by debosky(m): 12:09am On Nov 25, 2010
Beaf:

You failed to see the 2008 dates, which makes the latest accusations very clearly different from the Jefferson matter which occurred in 2005.
US Court summons cannot be served on the Atiku's since they have fled America. If they ever set foot within jurisdiction of a US court, you can be sure of what will follow. To the US govt, money laundering is only slightly below terrorism.

You are simply implying there are court summons. . . .do you have any evidence of the alleged summons? Why have no summons been served on Jennifer who lives in the US?

That is not the point, and is in fact a deviation from all that has been said so far; which is that Atiku is a wanted man in the US.
Conclusive proof will come in a court after he has been arrested and tried. Until then, he is wanted.

You've provided no proof that he is 'a wanted man' beyond allegations, some of which have been circulating for ages.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 12:13am On Nov 25, 2010
debosky:

You are simply implying there are court summons. . . .do you have any evidence of the alleged summons? Why have no summons been served on Jennifer who lives in the US?

. . .Because Jennifer very hurriedly sold their Potomac mansion and fled the US for Dubai.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Blazay(m): 12:58am On Nov 25, 2010
Beaf:

. . .Because Jennifer very hurriedly sold their Potomac mansion and fled the US for Dubai.

We know all this your noise is because OBJ will have to face his nemesis pretty soon.
I hope Atiku gets the presidency.
I would like to see the father of corruption OBJ put away for good.
Get ready to cry.
Baba wor wor 70s goes to jail. cheesy
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Gayigaskia(m): 1:14am On Nov 25, 2010
This is a copy of Congressman Jefferson to then Vice President Atiku Abubakar;

William Jefferson's Letter To Vice President Atiku Abubakar
The controversial letter by William J. Jefferson, a U.S. congressman, found in the U.S. house of Vice President Abubakar Atiku, by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).

I wish to bring a project to your attention by which a U.S. company desires to invest over USD $60,000,000 to provide the high speed Internet service to Nigeria over NITEL's copper wire infrastructure. Under the proposal, there would be no costs to NITEL or the Federal Republic of Nigeria. To the contrary, the project proposes to pay substantial amount to NITEL for the use of its copper wire and for the co-location of D-Slam and switches at NITEL facilities of approximately USD $5,000,000 in Year 1; USD $28,000,000 in Year 2; USD $69,000,000 Year 3; USD $103,000,000 in Year 4; and USD $106,000,000 in Year 5 and thereafter. This would add substantially to NITEL's operating income and to the value of NITEL in its efforts to privatize.

A small Nigerian Internet Service Provider (ISP), Rosecom.net, is partnering with the US company to bring this high speed Internet service to Nigeria. The speeds provided will be up to one (1) megabit per customer, speeds that will revolutionize business transactions and personal communication in Nigeria. Rosecom presented this project to NITEL and negotiated with its agents for a right to co-locate its D-Slams and other equipment at NITEL locations, and for a lease price for the use of NITEL's lines. NITEL responded in a written quotation to Rosecom dated 29 April 2005, a copy of which I attached offering Rosecom the opportunity to co-locate its equipment with NITEL's at prices ranging from USD $7,500 for one (1) megabit, discounted to USD $3,992 for thirty (30) megabits. (Attachment A). On 11 May 2005, Rosecom accepted NITEL's offer, with two inquiries: Since Rosecom desired to pay for the right to use 150 megabits rising to 1500 over time, were discounts available to it for megabit use purchased beyond 30 megabits listed in "Section 6.2. Volume Discounts" of the Quotation; and was it possible for Rosecom and its partner to enter into a long term deal with NITEL to provide Internet service for a price, but on a non-exclusive basis. (Attachment "B"wink. Having accepted NITEL's offer, Rosecom and its U.S partner began making preparations and incurring obligations to launch their project in Nigeria during July 2005.

However, on 3rd June 2005, to the surprise of Rosecom and its U.S. partner, NITEL issued a letter offering Rosecom an entirely new deal from the one offered in its 29 April, 2005 Quotation to Rosecom and making no reference to Rosecom's acceptance of NITEL's earlier offer (Attachment "C). Indeed, the 3 June 2005 letter from NITEL offered Rosecom the right to resell NITEL's Internet service to be supplied through NITEL's own ADSL-based network services. Upon a further search, it would appear that NITEL has decided to acquire its own D-Slams and to establish it own wholesale Internet service, using an ADSL model. The equipment NITEL is acquiring is a Chinese product. The Chinese-produced D-Slam is technically incapable of delivering guaranteed speeds of one (1) megabit over copper wire for the distances required, so that the service to the end users in Nigeria will be very slow and expensive. Additionally, NITEL will have to incur the considerable expense of purchasing the D-Slams whereas the Rosecom project is presented at no costs to NITEL, with Rosecom and its U.S. partners paying all of the costs incurred.

From the point of view of U.S. business, it is very important to be able to rely on the acceptance of an offer as a deal if U.S Investment is to be encouraged in Nigeria. Thus it is important that NITEL recognize the acceptance by Rosecom, on behalf of itself and its U.S. partner, and permit them to launch their project in Nigeria as expected. Both Rosecom and its U.S. partner have already incurred considerable expense in preparing for the launch subsequent to receiving NITEL's referenced Quotation.

It is important to note, that for NITEL to honor Rosecom's acceptance of its offer presented in its 29 April 2005 Quotation does not mean that it must abandon the use of the Chinese technology that it appears to be purchasing for its D-Slams, nor that NITEL abandon its plan to offer its own ADSL-based services for resale to ISPs. Rosecom and its U.S. partner believe that their product can compete favorably with any ADSL project. Therefore, the U.S. partnership seeks to co-locate its D-Slams at NITEL facilities along with any other D-Slams NITEL may desire to use and pay NITEL may desire to use and pay NITEL the same prices accepted by Rosecom in its 11 May 2005 acceptance of NITEL's offer.

It would be a huge step forward on building a stronger reputation for the business climate in Nigeria, bring great benefits to the Nigerian economy, and bring an extraordinary amount of recurring revenue to NITEL, if it would be possible in your wisdom to support the request of the U.S/Nigeria partnership for NITEL to permit its project to be carried out side-by-side with any other ADSL/Internet-over-copper-wire solution that is willing to invest in providing high speed Internet access to the country of Nigeria.

I hope you will be able to check into this matter with the Managing Director of NITEL prior to your trip to the U.S. in July 2005. I look forward to having a chance to meet with you then to discuss or to conclude this matter at that time.

Thank you and may God continue to bless your service to Nigeria, Africa and the world community.

http://www.dawodu.com/atiku1.htm
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 1:32am On Nov 25, 2010
Blazay:

We know all this your noise is because OBJ will have to face his nemesis pretty soon.
I hope Atiku gets the presidency.
I would like to see the father of corruption OBJ put away for good.
Get ready to cry.
Baba wor wor 70s goes to jail. cheesy

What has Obj got to do with the matter? It is Atiku that's wanted in the US for money laundering. If you look toward the bottom of this linked document, you would find that the person on whom several attempts were made to serve a summons, was Jennifer "Douglas" Atiku, it surely wasn't Obj: http://www.valawyersweekly.com/vlwblog/files/2009/01/motion-e-mail-service.pdf
They chased her all over Abuja, but she had fled to Dubai.

Dude, try to make sense sometimes. Atiku is a criminal.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Blazay(m): 5:45am On Nov 25, 2010
Beaf:

What has Obj got to do with the matter? It is Atiku that's wanted in the US for money laundering. If you look toward the bottom of this linked document, you would find that the person on whom several attempts were made to serve a summons, was Jennifer "Douglas" Atiku, it surely wasn't Obj: http://www.valawyersweekly.com/vlwblog/files/2009/01/motion-e-mail-service.pdf
They chased her all over Abuja, but she had fled to Dubai.

Dude, try to make sense sometimes. Atiku is a criminal.

Atiku may be a criminal according to you in the US, but not in Nigeria.
Please, go take a nap.

OBJ has everything to do with this. Transcorp and all that jazz Atiku can nail him with to the cross of fire.
Why don't you ever prosecute your own criminals in Nigeria?
Why are you looking for other foreign countries to do it for you?

If you want to prosecute Jennifer Atiku do so.
Linking her to Abubakar Atiku is a wild goose chase.

He has been cleared to contest the elections and his name is NOT on the manifesto of criminality.

If you are on GEJ's payroll on Nairaland, he paid you for nothing.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Beaf: 6:22am On Nov 25, 2010
^
No, we cannot keep blaming Obj if we have a toothache or cannot explain some strangers behaviour. It just sounds like laziness, or is Obj some sort of god that people have an inordinate fear off?
If there are problems with Atiku, lets leave it with him, instead of looking to blame Obj like he is Atiku's parent and Atiku is a kid.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Blazay(m): 7:59am On Nov 25, 2010
^

You still do not get it.
As long as the likes of OBJ, Anenih and co are still untouched, things remain 'unfixable' in Nigeria.

Atiku can end all that.
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by fstranger: 8:05am On Nov 25, 2010
^^
Haba Oga Brazier,

Atiku is not the messiah
He is just another crook who is likely to at least get something done, unlike the siddon dey look GEJ
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Blazay(m): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2010
babasoty:

To all of you making claims about dame patience jonathan being investigated by efcc, seems u never read d news or just ain't current, ribadu has come out exonerating her and saying he never investigated her https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515027.0.html. I guess you should guys should read this up .

Level don change.
But he had the files and shoved them under his bed like he did Tinubu's and co. wink
Re: Money Laundering - Will The Real Abubakar Atiku, Please Stand Up by Blazay(m): 8:07am On Nov 25, 2010
fstranger:

^^
Haba Oga Brazier,
Atiku is not the messiah
He is just another crook who is likely to at least get something done, unlike the siddon dey look GEJ

I am so relieved we have both arrived at the same conclusion. The light bulb finally flashes ON. cheesy
I do believe we have crooks in the US and the UK as in all other civilized countries. But they get the job done.
Such I see in Atiku

Jonathan? Just look at his profile for one.
Absolutely nothing to write home about.
Than look at his physiognomy for crying out loud. He frankly looks like he has not had a sober moment in decades. grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodluck_Jonathan

Dr. Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, GCFR, GCON (born 20 November 1957)[1] is a Nigerian politician and currently the President of Nigeria. He was Governor of Bayelsa State from 9 December 2005 to 28 May 2007, and was sworn in as Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on 29 May 2007. Jonathan is a member of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP). On 13 January 2010, a federal court handed him the power to carry out state affairs while President Umaru Yar'Adua received medical treatment in a Saudi Arabian hospital. A motion from the Nigerian Senate on 9 February 2010 confirmed these powers to act as President. On 24 February 2010 Yar'Adua returned to Nigeria, but Jonathan continued as acting president.[2] Upon Yar'Adua's death on 5 May 2010, Jonathan succeeded to the Presidency, taking the oath of office on 6 May 2010.

Early life, education and personal life
Jonathan was born in Otueke in Ogbia Local Government Area of the then Eastern Region, later Rivers State, now Bayelsa State to a family of canoe makers.[1][3] He holds a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Zoology in which he attained Second Class Honours, Upper Division. He also holds an M.Sc. in Hydrobiology/Fisheries biology, and a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Zoology from the University of Port Harcourt. After obtaining his degree, he worked as an education inspector, lecturer, and environmental-protection officer, until he decided to enter politics in 1998.[4]

Jonathan is married to Patience Faka Jonathan and has two children.[5] Jonathan is a member of the Ijaw ethnic group.[6]

Early political career
Bayelsa State governorship
Jonathan began his career in politics in 1998, having joined the People's Democratic Party (PDP) in 1998.[3] Jonathan, previously the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, succeeded Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, who was impeached by the Bayelsa State Assembly after being charged with money laundering in the United Kingdom.

[b]Presidential race[/b]In December 2006, Jonathan was selected as running mate to Umaru Yar'Adua for the ruling PDP presidential ticket in the April 2007 election.[7] On 20 April 2007, shortly before the presidential election, a militant attack that was described by police as an assassination attempt against Jonathan occurred in Bayelsa State.[8]

[b]Vice Presidency[/b]Following the PDP's disputed electoral victory, militants blew up Jonathan's country house in Otu-Eke, Bayelsa State on 16 May; two policemen were killed in the attack. Jonathan was not present at the time.[9] After taking office, Yar'Adua publicly declared his assets, and on 8 August 2007, Jonathan also did so.[10][11]

Acting President

Jonathan meets U.S. President Barack Obama at the Nuclear Security Summit in the US in April 2010President Umaru Yar'Adua left Nigeria on 23 November 2009 for medical treatment. He did not provide for anyone to assume his duties. On 13 January 2010, a federal court handed Vice-President Jonathan the power to carry out state affairs in the president's continued absence. On 22 January 2010, the Supreme Court of Nigeria ruled that the Federal Executive Council(FEC)had 14 days to decide on a resolution about whether President Yar'Adua "is incapable of discharging the functions of his office". In a nationwide address in February 2010, Jonathan called on all Nigerians to set aside religious and ethnic differences to work together for the common good. Jonathan said "The events of the recent past have put to a test our collective resolve as a democratic nation," "I am delighted to know that our nation has demonstrated resilience and unity of purpose.[3]

On 9 February 2010, the Senate determined that presidential power should be transmitted to the Vice President. He was appointed to serve as Acting President, with all the accompanying powers, until when and if Yar'Adua returned to full health. The power transfer was called a "coup without the word" by opposition lawyers and lawmakers.[12] The Nigerian Constitution requires a written letter from the President stating he is unable to serve or that the cabinet sends a medical team to examine him but this provision has not apparently been fulfilled leaving some doubts as to the constitutionality of the action.[13

Presidency
Yar'Adua died on 5 May 2010. Jonathan was sworn in as Yar'Adua's replacement on 6 May 2010,[14] becoming Nigeria's 14th Head of State. He will serve as President until the next election. Upon taking office, Jonathan cited anti-corruption, power and electoral reform as likely focuses of his administration.[15] He stated that he came to office under "very sad and unusual circumstances."[16]

On 18 May 2010, the National Assembly approved President Goodluck Jonathan's nomination of former Kaduna State governor, Namadi Sambo, an architect, for the position of Vice President.[17][18]

World Cup controversy
After the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa, in which the Nigerian side failed to advance beyond group stage, Jonathan decreed a ban on international games for the football team. FIFA objected to the president's decision and threatened to evict Nigeria from the association. Subsequently Jonathan lifted the ban.[19]

The best he could come up with? grin
A man who got his governorship title by default and his presidentian title by default. What Goodluck!

With names like Jonathan Ebele "GOODLUCK", not only wonder, but ponder.
This dude is better off dealing with plants and livestock, his true calling. Not people like Nigerians.
Nigeria needs a strong hand.

Who said Atiku is the messiah?

Atiku has 4 wives and 27+ children. He has had a good record controlling his family life as well as his political life. Such a man is what we need in Nigeria. If you can keep your domestic affairs tidy, that says a lot. 27 children. No scandals here and there? All we can say is Atiku is a thief. Which Nigerian politician isn't? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavily Armed Police And Soldiers Overpowered By Nnamdi Kanu And His Followers / Kano Is Not Lagos-lawmaker Warns Tinubu / Prof. Yakubu - INEC Is The Most Improved Public Service In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.