Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Galadima Accepts Caf Chance - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Galadima Accepts Caf Chance (664 Views)

Adamu Blasts Nff Over Galadima's Nomination / Galadima Set To Replace Adamu / Should Galadima Resign As NFA Chairman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Galadima Accepts Caf Chance by loverob: 6:35am On Nov 24, 2010
FORMER chairman of Nigeria Football Association(NFA), Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima has expressed delight after being nominated by The Glasshouse for a seat in the executive committee of Confederation of African Football (CAF).

Galadima stated in an interview with brilafm.net that he feels honoured and humbled by the gesture, while imploring football stakeholders to see it as national assignment and not otherwise.

“We give glory to God and I am quite fulfilled by this development. I thank the federation for finding me fit to give me this responsibility.

“Not because I’m the best for the job but because it is destined for me to be the one. It is a call to service. I, therefore, call on all Nigerians to give me their support. It’s a Nigerian project, not Ibrahim Galadima’s project. We’ve been talking about flying the Nigerian flag and the good name of the country has to be maintained.

“Everyone has a role to play, even by offering prayers and providing goodwill. Mine is only to serve Nigeria and I’m ready to serve Nigeria in any capacity I’m asked to serve,” the Kano State-born administrator submitted.

Galadima was reacting to earlier reports that Nigeria Football Federation’s (NFF) acting general secretary, Barrister Musa Amadu confirmed that The Glasshouse had already nominated an undisclosed person for the position of CAF executive member.

Amadu told brilafm.net that the NFF had originally nominated Dr Amos Adamu for the position but, following his three-year ban last week, it became imperative for the football house to forward someone else for the 33rd CAF ordinary General Assembly next year.

Meanwhile, as alarm bells continue over the possibility of Nigeria missing out on a seat in the CAF executive committee, after Monday night’s expiration of nominations for the election in February, renowned technical instructor, Adegboye Onigbinde has explained why he did not make himself available as an aspirant.

Onigbinde stated in a down-to-earth chat with brilafm.net that the current predicament of Dr Amos Adamu would make any Nigerian aspiring for the CAF executive post appear as a detractor of the embattled administrator, who was last week banned by FIFA.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/football-golf-boxing/19782.html

(1) (Reply)

Do You Really Think Messi N Co's Absence Influenced Nigeria's Victory Against Argentina / Manchester City’s Yaya Toure Listed By Forbes As Highest Earning African Player / Skillful Player Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.