Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood (769 Views)

Will Smith Faces Losing His Oscar For Slapping Chris Rock / Yul Edochie Speaks On “Sex For Roles” In Nollywood / See How Nigerians Reacted To Cee-c Losing The Star Prize Of #bbnaijafinale Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by Emmiasky(m): 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2019
The phrase “I don’t do Nollywood” is a very popular statement amidst the younger generation in Nigeria today or is it not?
What’s more?
It seems justified because movies made in the industry leaves you wondering at the qualification of the casts and if they are actually qualified to be involved in production in the first place.

However, nowadays, it seems they are aware of the ‘complaints’ of the masses, (Younger masses) and Nollywood has really stepped up a notch.
New productions has really stepped up and the change in the messages passed also have evolved

Movies like Lionheart, directed by Genevieve Nnaji, King of Boys, co-produced by Kemi Adetiba, Make A Move, Forgetting June, House of Gold, Alter Ego etc. are part of those that would keep a literary critic’s mind positive and willing to contribute to the space.

This change or improvement however this is not to bring fans into the Nollywood sphere although it might be doing so, it is not actually the opposite too, but it might turn out to be.

There is no need for any special advert to publicise corruption in the nation filled with diverse tongues and ideologies. This is a well-known fact even the day old baby should know it, the leaders and even those not leading are really living a corrupt life and this is a phenomenon that needs no introduction to the people in the nation.

We, as a developing country are still trying or pretending to – working with one hand at our backs towards curbing corruption country and do not need further assistance in aborting this process.
An abortion that some Nigerian movies are oblivious to the fact that they are actively involved in it.

Visit https://crugit.com/nollywood-youths to learn more.

Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by Gracespecial101(m): 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
Is it Me that want to Sit down and be Watching Witches continuously abi na Poverty.
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by Gracespecial101(m): 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
Is it Me that want to Sit down and be Watching Witches continuously about na Poverty.
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by edoairways: 11:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Gracespecial101:
Is it Me that want to Sit down and be Watching Witches continuously about na Poverty.
But you can watch Harry Porter or Melanin ( Advanced wizardry)?
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by edoairways: 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2019
Op in case you don't Nollywood has large fan base across Africa and beyond. The truth be told, many Nigerians prefer foreign products. At times you wonder why many women stay glue to their TV set watching zee world or telemundo
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by Gracespecial101(m): 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2019
edoairways:

But you can watch Harry Porter or Melanin ( Advanced wizardry)?
They Got a Message which I can learn from in the Midst of it all.
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by edoairways: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
Gracespecial101:

They Got a Message which I can learn from in the Midst of it all.
That is what Lucifer is using to deceive the world. Am sure you watched that series "Lucifer" too?
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by Gracespecial101(m): 11:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
edoairways:

That is what Lucifer is using to deceive the world. Am sure you watched that series "Lucifer" too?
Nah
Didn't even Watch Melanin
Watched Harry Potter but didn't complete it
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by edoairways: 12:29am On Dec 03, 2019
Gracespecial101:

Nah
Didn't even Watch Melanin
Watched Harry Potter but didn't complete it
grin grin
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by komzy589(m): 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
When there are so many intriguing relatable foreign movies to see, I'm sorry, no updated person will sit down and watch these bunch of unintelligent goofs in the name of seeing a movie.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by Emmiasky(m): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2019
komzy589:
When there are so many intriguing relatable foreign movies to see, I'm sorry, no updated person will sit down and watch these bunch of unintelligent goofs in the name of seeing a movie.

Well, it's quite the unfortunate situation to see this things still occuring and nothing being done about it.
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by 100naira(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2019
I will say this though, some of the newer movies are a decent watch.

What Nollywood is lacking is a blockbuster movie and more cinemas across the nation.
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by DarkJeddi(m): 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2019
edoairways:

So watching Lucifer means you are being deceived by Lucifer? shocked
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by edoairways: 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2019
DarkJeddi:
So watching Lucifer means you are being deceived by Lucifer? shocked
Yes because I know some of their tricks.
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by DarkJeddi(m): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
edoairways:

Yes because I know some of their tricks.
That’s your opinion and you are entitled to it,that doesn't mean you are right though.. undecided
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by edoairways: 4:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
DarkJeddi:
That’s your opinion and you are entitled to it,that doesn't mean you are right though.. undecided
Yes am entitled to my opinion but my assertion is based on experience
Re: Why Are Youths Losing Interest In Nollywood by DarkJeddi(m): 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2019
edoairways:

Yes am entitled to my opinion but my assertion is based on experience
grin

And your experience is subject to definitions..

We may have the same exact experience,our conclusions on that is based on our convictions..

(1) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? Use This One To Spice Up Your Night / Sister Fulfils Her Brother’s Wét Dream, Brother Is Elated / Gossip Girl: TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.