Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Woman Praises Hausa Taxi Driver Who Returned Her Lost Cash, Laptop And Passport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Praises Hausa Taxi Driver Who Returned Her Lost Cash, Laptop And Passport (402 Views)

Photo Of 41-Year-Old Driver Who Raped A 78-Year-Old Woman In Lagos / Man Who Returned From Brazil For Christmas Killed In Nigeria. Graphic Pics / Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Woman Praises Hausa Taxi Driver Who Returned Her Lost Cash, Laptop And Passport by Johnwicky(m): 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
A woman who forgot her valuable items in a taxi while leaving Abuja international airport has come back to thank the taxi driver for returning her laptop, N50,000 cash, earrings, passport and ATM cards. She shared the following message:

“On my way from Anyigba to Abuja by commercial transport, I had to alight at Giri junction, to pick a cab that was to link me with another cab to my destination. I had a heavy suitcase and a bag. When we got to Lugbe, the cab driver hurriedly dropped me off when he saw a cab going to my final destination. In the process of dragging the heavy suitcase, and in the usually chaotic motor park, I forgot to pick my bag.
As I approached the hotel in Jabi, now feeling relaxed, I remembered my bag which contained the following items:

1. Laptop
2. A bundle of N50,000, and a cheque
3. A pair of golden earrings
4. My International Passport
5. Power bank, ATM cards, Driver's license, etc.

I went back to Giri junction to report to the NURTW officials. That was when I discovered that many drivers operated as freelancers and might not be traceable. I became desperate.
I exchanged contact numbers with the NURTW official and went back to the hotel. I couldn't really concentrate on the assignment I came to Abuja for.
I hadn't informed my husband.
The cab driver searched my bag, extracted my husband's mobile number from my driver's license and called him.

My husband mistook him for a fraudster and told him off. I later informed my husband and he gave me the driver's number.
Alas!
He had my bag.
He had attempted to reach me on Facebook even.
I got my colleagues Clara and Moses to speak Hausa with him and we arranged to meet at the hotel two days later, when he returned from a trip. He emerged at the hotel with the bag and the contents intact!
Despite the rot, decadence and socio-economic hardship, there still exist people like Abubakar Hassan (0802 716 4473) with good morals.
Please appreciate him with me.” I HAVE A REASON TO SURPRISE SOMEONE WITH A BIG GIFT TODAY!!!! Do same.

Source: https://www.ogbeta.ng/2019/12/woman-praises-hausa-taxi-driver-who.html

Re: Woman Praises Hausa Taxi Driver Who Returned Her Lost Cash, Laptop And Passport by Johnwicky(m): 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Woman Praises Hausa Taxi Driver Who Returned Her Lost Cash, Laptop And Passport by Johnwhiteceo(f): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
Good one grin
Re: Woman Praises Hausa Taxi Driver Who Returned Her Lost Cash, Laptop And Passport by lalasticlala(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2019

1 Like 3 Shares

(1)

BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa / JUST IN: Bandits kill Niger village head, abduct 17 others / Mum Who Killed Her Eight-month-old Baby Is Jailed For 25-years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.