Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) (4378 Views)

No Tax Identification Number (TIN), No Bank Account - Finance Bill / How To Check Your Individual TIN (tax Identification Nos) Online Using BVN/NIN / Osun Guber : APC Shares N500 To Market Women, Okada Riders And Artisans (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by jmaxjohn(m): 6:02pm On Dec 02, 2019
Earlier today, it made front page that starting next month, banks could request for your TIN before you can operate your bank account.

Well, what was missing from that topic was how to know your TIN (my dirty mind cracks up whenever i type TIN grin). I know how to know your TIN, and yes, the topic was just clickbait tongue.

TIN is made readily available by the government FOR FREE O, that is until their website is overloaded and crashes.
Earlier today, i got my TIN certificate, and that of all my family members, so yeah it's very easy.

How do you know your TIN?
Contrary to beliefs, YOU DO NOT REGISTER FOR IT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR BVN. Your BVN was used to generate your TIN for INDIVIDUALS.

IF YOU'RE A REGISTERED BUSINESS, then your TIN was generated using your Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) registration number.

Simply click this link https://tinverification.jtb.gov.ng/ to know your TIN.

INDIVIDUALS are required to enter their Date of Birth, BVN or phone number registered to their BVN.

BUSINESSES are required to enter their CAC registration number.

And just like that, you'd see your TIN.

TAKE NOTE.
After seeing your TIN, use the box beside the 'send email' button to send BOTH YOUR TIN AND YOUR TIN CERTIFICATE for safe keeping to the valid email address you will enter into that box. YES IT WORKS.

Then click on PRINT, and your TIN certificate will be generated in a PDF format for download. That certificate, you will download and print to be shown on demand.

Hope this was helpful.

Be careful about where you print your TIN.

Now, about that N500... grin

P.S. If the below is your case, I'd suggest you call the helpline on 08039187289 or 07002255477 or email them at contactus@jtb.gov.ng

LOGOBELT:
Have inputted my details on the platform and its indicating "no record found". Please how do I get it?

If this post helped you get your TIN, a comment below is appreciated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by helinues: 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
Wait they are charging N500 to know Tax Identification Number?

Theeriously?

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by Gidigidi60: 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2019
[s]
helinues:

Theeriously?
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by jmaxjohn(m): 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2019
helinues:

Theeriously?
Lol. Read am small na grin
Just letting people know not to pay for an info that's free
Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by LOGOBELT: 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
Have inputted my details on the platform and its indicating "no record found". Please how do I get it?
Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by JEmma1(m): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
jmaxjohn:
Earlier today, it made front page that starting next month, banks could request for your TIN before you can operate your bank account.

Well, what was missing from that topic was how to know your TIN (my dirty mind cracks up whenever i type TIN grin). I know how to know your TIN, and yes, the topic was just clickbait tongue.

TIN is made readily available by the government FOR FREE O, that is until their website is overloaded and crashes.
Earlier today, i got my TIN certificate, and that of all my family members, so yeah it's very easy.

Contrary to beliefs, YOU DO NOT REGISTER FOR IT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR BVN. Your BVN was used to generate your TIN for INDIVIDUALS.

IF YOU'RE A REGISTERED BUSINESS, then your TIN was generated using your Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) registration number.

INDIVIDUALS are required to enter their Date of Birth, BVN or phone number registered to their BVN.

TAKE NOTE.
After seeing your TIN, use the box beside the 'send email' button to send BOTH YOUR TIN AND YOUR TIN CERTIFICATE for safe keeping to the valid email address you will enter into that box. YES IT WORKS.

Then click on PRINT, and your TIN certificate will be generated in a PDF format for download. That certificate, you will download and print to be shown on demand.

Hope this was helpful.

P.S. If the below is your case, I'd suggest you call the helpline 07002255477

I tried searching for mine but its showing records not found, i used my bvn and also tried my phone no.

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by jmaxjohn(m): 7:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
LOGOBELT:

Pls call the helpline and they'd get you sorted. I've updated the post
Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by jmaxjohn(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2019
JEmma1:

I tried searching for mine but its showing records not found, i used my bvn and also tried my phone no.

Wow. i guess the system is broken for some people. Sorry bout that

I've updated the post with more helpline details. If you can get thru to them, they should have you sorted in 48hrs.

However, I'd try to contact them on social media too, maybe I'd open a thread for issues related to this

1 Like

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by Chibuzoc(m): 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2019
Is this how the want to do the thing

9ja no get database

1 Like

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by gloriaunobi(f): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2019
Not only TIN, CAN nko?

1 Like

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by Coldie(m): 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
Don't update anything, the govt has no record on taxing Nigerians don't do there work for them by submitting your details to them.

Why would I pay tax when I have NEVER benefitted anything from Nigeria, we don't have light now for over 1week, my street road is bad, business location road has never seen any govt grader before, unless the one we contribute to grade, police only come to my street except for arrest but never to fight crime, we pay vigilantes every month.

What am I paying Tax for when I do govt work myself.

No work, let the govt tax people they gave work not people that don't have any

5 Likes

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by codedguy1(m): 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
God is good grin
Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by jmaxjohn(m): 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2019
Coldie:
Don't update anything, the govt has no record on taxing Nigerians don't do there work for them by submitting your details to them.

Why would I pay tax when I have NEVER benefitted anything from Nigeria, we don't have light now for over 1week, my street road is bad, business location road has never seen any govt grader before, unless the one we contribute to grade, police only come to my street except for arrest but never to fight crime, we pay vigilantes every month.

What am I paying Tax for when I do govt work myself.

No work, let the govt tax people they gave work not people that don't have any

I understand your frustration, but trust me, your denial will not do you any good.

If you registered for the bvn, then you should automatically be given the tin.
I found out today that my tin was registered by the govt on March 1, 2019. My brothers tin was registered in January. Registered by govt, not us. The details in our tin were the same details we wrote when registering bvn.

No let your denial cause you wahala later

3 Likes

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by jmaxjohn(m): 9:48pm On Dec 03, 2019
Wittylander, pls we need to talk boss

1 Like

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by Wittylander(m): 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
jmaxjohn:
Wittylander, pls we need to talk boss

Send a mail to my moniker @gmail.com

1 Like

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by mumumugu(m): 10:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
ayam not understanding this post
Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by wiegraf: 11:59am On Feb 21, 2020
jmaxjohn:

TAKE NOTE.

Hope this was helpful.

P.S. If the below is your case, I'd suggest you call the helpline on 08039187289 or 07002255477 or email them at contactus@jtb.gov.ng

If this post helped you get your TIN, a comment below is appreciated

Oga, those numbers are failing me atm. Are there any others?

Have you gone through the process pls? Can you describe it?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by Charleys: 1:12pm On Feb 21, 2020
Na which TIN wey una dey talk about sef.

My TIN

Your TIN.

All this thing is our TIN you are all talking about.
Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by akinszz: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2020
TIN ko, Sachet ni angry
Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by jmaxjohn(m): 9:22am On Feb 22, 2020
wiegraf:

Oga, those numbers are failing me atm. Are there any others?

Have you gone through the process pls? Can you describe it?

Thanks

It's sad those numbers are failing. I also can't reach them on any social media.

I went through the process for myself and family the day i put up this post using the method posted. It was too easy. We all got our numbers under 10 minutes along with the pdf certificates for print.

I hope everyone needing this info gets theirs soon
Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by wiegraf: 11:43am On Feb 24, 2020
jmaxjohn:

It's sad those numbers are failing. I also can't reach them on any social media.

I went through the process for myself and family the day i put up this post using the method posted. It was too easy. We all got our numbers under 10 minutes along with the pdf certificates for print.

I hope everyone needing this info gets theirs soon
Eventually the first number, their office one, worked. After harrasing a probably overworked officer there he eventually came through. Redirected to WhatsApp, collected my details and it was done

Thanks oga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N500 To Know Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) by ican2020: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
OP thanks for posting this great info

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EndSARS: Lagos Judicial Panel Report Will Be Made Public - Sanwo-Olu / It's Now Glaringly Clear Obi Is Winning His Case Against Tinubu / NNPCL Dismisses Report Of Failure To Remit $15bn Revenue To Federation Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.