Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light (53249 Views)

Celebration As Geometric Aba IPP Turns On 3rd Turbine / Lekki Toll Gate: Seyi Tinubu, Sunday Dare Exposed By Bank Documents - Peoples Ga / Bishop Wale Oke: Osinbajo Is The Light In The Midst Of Darkness In Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by tfash96(m): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
ekwuturumbe13:
Hope ogun state government is watching. Ijebu ode, ijebu igbo and sagamu is nothing to write home about wen it comes to electricity. Sagamu is worse. Places like Gra, ewuoliwo, ajaka, u need a generator for your bulbs and TV to function. Filling stations sells more petrol to generator users than vehicle here in sagamu. And ogun state collect more tax than Ibadan. The only thing they can boast of here in sagamu is Anthony Joshua.
even here in Abeokuta electricity is epileptic

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Flier: 3:34pm On Dec 03, 2019
Mykelhendriz:
Seems this guy is really working..

Don't know him tho and not from the state.. Buh with the news am hearing..

Kudos to him
He is playing very smart he has a good PR,no one is going to rate him Until he starts road projects, serious infrastructures and so on
Everything he has been doing since May 29 is not up to 500 million
He need to work like Ganjue or Aregbesola,not buying cars or transformer.Something that can be done by a common man

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by toba1909(m): 3:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
9jahotblog:
Seyi e da like the slogan of Ibadan people . Governor seyi makinde is doing the needful in ensuring constant power supply in oyo state .

Constant power supply you mean?
Must you lie to drive your point home here?
The lights are powered by generating sets installed around.

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by LZAA: 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ahhh what a pity
U should go abroad and see where light is constant 24-7
By abroad i don't mean us or uk i mean south Africa,kenya,Egypt et al
Some clowns will now praise this governor forgetting that this is supposed to be a basic for the community
The earlier we split the better
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by shiwex: 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
9jahotblog:
Omituntun ru ni oyo people's voice.

This will never have happened under and apc government with Tinubu collecting half of the state's fund. All apc STATES ARE 4UCKED.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by toba1909(m): 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2019
Flier:
He is playing very smart he has a good PR,no one is going to rate him Until he starts road projects, serious infrastructures and so on
Everything he has been doing since May 29 is not up to 500 million
He need to work like Ganjue or Aregbesola,not buying cars or transformer.Something that can be done by a common man

God bless you!
He has nothing tangible to show for his 100 days in office, just that he has good media team that does the hypes. How do we sense in powering street lights with generating sets as an achievement?

2 Likes

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Empiree: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
TMemos:
That place is the gateway to the state. The place is expected to be busy 24/7.

If it's true that there had been no light in that place for 20 years, they should line up all the former governors and give them 12 strokes of cane each. Starting from Ajimobi who spent 8 years out of the 20. angry angry angry angry angry angry
12 strokes pere?. i disagree. They should get 100 lashes each plus cut their salary to 100k per month. Cut their pension in half. Restrict their international travel. Confiscate their properties and businesses and sell them to fix the state. Finally, ban them and their families from politics for 50yrs.

2 Likes

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by samtol4(m): 3:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
1 million years of darkness

He simply put new bulbs in the street lights in that area and he took several pictures to celebrate it.

This man too dey lie for social media jare.
Learn to appreciate good things .if just bulb why former governor no put bulb ?

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nigerians are really suffering.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by ATTAH012(m): 3:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
Kai dis man seyi makinde,,,,, is doing gr8,,, evry where u go is seyi makinde
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Flier: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
shiwex:

This will never have happened under and apc government with Tinubu collecting half of the state's fund. All apc STATES ARE 4UCKED.
Stop being hypocrite, I can mention AtleAst 10-15 roads and bridges done in Ibadan alone by Ajimobi,he totally changed Oyo state,they just dislike him because of lack of respect for anybody
This Makinde is not working yet,Ibadan as of today is a mess,everywhere is dirty and no new infrastructural or road project
Don’t be deceived by all this cars or transformers Makinde is buying,it’s not worthy of a governor it’s something that can be done by a common man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Ayomarcel(m): 4:08pm On Dec 03, 2019
This guy has been doing well.. It's not even up to a year..
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
9jahotblog:
Seyi e da like the slogan of Ibadan people . Governor seyi makinde is doing the needful in ensuring constant power supply in oyo state .

This man should come and school my Audio Governor in ogun state.
Brother no sabi do anything than to dey jump from one social gathering to another dancing Olamide (enu gbe) grin
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Jaqenhghar: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
See them celebrating electricity. In this 21st century.
Giant of Africa indeed

[img]https://media1./images/5e8064f5b3227aaf850e34ccd6e87313/tenor.gif?itemid=4869652[/img]
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Jaqenhghar: 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
Jeezuzpick:
Nigerians are really suffering.
Bit if you tell them they will say its a lie. To them this is enjoyment
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by smsreseller: 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nukilia:
Past politicians have destroyed Nigerians mindset and made them see basic amenities as herculean,,, grin

If you are leaving outside the country, then you will conveniently say this.

Even a millionaire would join in the celebration because it is more convenient and economical to have constant power supply than running his house on diesel 24/7.

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Marleek(m): 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
1 million years of darkness

He simply put new bulbs in the street lights in that area and he took several pictures to celebrate it.

This man too dey lie for social media jare.
Uncle, there were no street lights there before.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Dasini: 4:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
This oyo state governor only thrive online, time will sure tell, he is surely enjoying media hype now, but doubt if he will be able to keep the tempo. The Oyo I know is a matter of time. I will advice him to embark on people oriented programs and stop this unnecessary praise that turn round to be his biggest undoing. It is on record, I had many parts of my life in Ibadan, Ajimobi did wonders, I hope Seyi will be able to match let alone surpass his works. But commissioning a street light less than a kilometer and all it achievement. This is the biggest noise maker have seen in recent time

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by hadelany(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
lilvercetty:
Grow up bro

Haters everywhere
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by webngnews: 5:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by agarawu23(m): 5:07pm On Dec 03, 2019
God bless the governor.
That place is too dark at night. it's a very busy area and entrance of Ibadan.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
TMemos:

We're talking of street lights, you're talking of residents in the area.

So robbers won't know that there are people living in an area without streetlights? Na wa o

Use your senses and read well again, the place was still sparse and deserted, they didn't want them to know people are residing there so as to avoid the place.
They will think there are only uncompleted buildings with nobody there yet.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Nasir123(m): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
God bless the Governor.

But they should do well to maintain it pls.
Its a total shame that in Nigeria many government (say %91) roads don't have street light.
Its a big shame at this age.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Nasir123(m): 5:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nukilia:
Past politicians have destroyed Nigerians mindset and made them see basic amenities as herculean,,, grin

I'm telling you bros!

But we shouldn't just fold our hands else we're all in for good.
95% of Nigerians are mumu people.
I challenge anybody on it in a public debate.

This country is messed up.

2 Likes

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by bigfish3k: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Use your senses and read well again, the place was still sparse and deserted, they didn't want them to know people are residing there so as to avoid the place.
They will think there are only uncompleted buildings with nobody there yet.
what u are saying is even too funny
criminals thrive more in darkness
so u dont know that electricity discourages criminals thats the reason people fix halogen lamps in any black spot

going by ur logic/premise, so u think that robbers dont carry out survey of the their supposed target in the afternoon/morning. In ur mind, they just attack randomly

grow some sense abeg and stop thinking like an APC goon
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by sulaak(m): 6:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nukilia:

grin grin grin
60 years of incompetent leadership can do damage to any human.

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Ijawwomaninoyo: 6:26pm On Dec 03, 2019
bigfish3k:

what u are saying is even too funny
criminals thrive more in darkness
so u dont know that electricity discourages criminals thats the reason people fix halogen lamps in any black spot

going by ur logic/premise, so u think that robbers dont carry out survey of the their supposed target in the afternoon/morning. In ur mind, they just attack randomly

grow some sense abeg and stop thinking like an APC goon

Criminals will see well lit house and target uncompleted buildings in the darkness?
Stop commenting form your anus and buy sense even if it is 1920 model.
You are too daft to be on my mention.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by bigfish3k: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:

Criminals will see well lit house and target uncompleted buildings in the darkness?
Stop commenting form your anus and buy sense even if it is 1920 model.
You are too daft to be on my mention.
from ur comment i can see that u dont understand my write up
ur comprehension skill is zero. ur are a daft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Uzodinma Meets Suleiman Njoku, New Chief Imam Of Imo State (Photo) / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / Why Babangida, Gusau Removed Me From Power – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.