Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light (53250 Views)

Celebration As Geometric Aba IPP Turns On 3rd Turbine / Lekki Toll Gate: Seyi Tinubu, Sunday Dare Exposed By Bank Documents - Peoples Ga / Bishop Wale Oke: Osinbajo Is The Light In The Midst Of Darkness In Aso Villa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by alexola20(m): 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Borderless: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
1 million years of darkness

He simply put new bulbs in the street lights in that area and he took several pictures to celebrate it.

This man too dey lie for social media jare.

100 salute to your stupidity.

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Borderless: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
Dasini:
This oyo state governor only thrive online, time will sure tell, he is surely enjoying media hype now, but doubt if he will be able to keep the tempo. The Oyo I know is a matter of time. I will advice him to embark on people oriented programs and stop this unnecessary praise that turn round to be his biggest undoing. It is on record, I had many parts of my life in Ibadan, Ajimobi did wonders, I hope Seyi will be able to match let alone surpass his works. But commissioning a street light less than a kilometer and all it achievement. This is the biggest noise maker have seen in recent time

Is street lighting an animal-oriented project? The pain of election loss is all over your post.

Get well soon.

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by NGpatriot: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
This is the most ridiculous rubbish ever. There's been light at the tole gate for decades so what is this rubbish all about?

Paid internet news by internet governor, obviously.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Awoo88: 7:06pm On Dec 03, 2019
meobizy:
We should celebrate him for doing his job? No wonder this country is going nowhere as usual.

Abeg, why do Nigerians jubilate when a new president is elected?
If politicians in Nigeria do their jobs, this will be normal. This is Nigeria where elected officials feel like they are doing the electorate a favour. So praise the man. Ajimobe was there for 8 years yet him fix bulbs
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Borderless: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
NGpatriot:
This is the most ridiculous rubbish ever. There's been light at the tole gate for decades so what is this rubbish all about?

Paid internet news by internet governor, obviously.

Even you know you lied but keep on talking.

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by NGpatriot: 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2019
[s]
Borderless:

Even you know you lied but keep on talking.
[/s]

Nonsense.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by PrincessGift(f): 7:16pm On Dec 03, 2019
I wonder how this news is suppose to put food on our table undecided undecided undecided
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Angeltjazz2017(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:

He simply put new bulbs in the street lights in that area and he took several pictures to celebrate it.

. oloribu ni o ooo
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Angeltjazz2017(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
Smeth21:
no one should comman hype one yeye governor here ooo cuz ion see anything special in what he did

were
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Nukilia: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nasir123:

I'm telling you bros!

But we shouldn't just fold our hands else we're all in for good.
95% of Nigerians are mumu people.
I challenge anybody on it in a public debate.

This country is messed up.

You're correct!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by profilemessages: 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2019
write new stories, move on and let your enemies do the free promo and adverts
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by barryj1: 8:13pm On Dec 03, 2019
My ogun state Governor still dey observe, still thinking of what to do after 6 months
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by samdigo90: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
celebrating mediocrity. lets see how long the power lasts..
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by JastSiryin(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2019
Nukilia:
Past politicians have destroyed Nigerians mindset and made them see basic amenities as herculean,,, grin
I'm telling you bros... It's just so embarrassing... And if you were to openly criticize, they'd blast your cynicism. 20yrs? just imagine... Nigerians don't know their rights

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by special4kenny(m): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2019
He didn't put up new bulbs Bro.. There was nothing like Street lights nor poles there before. It was just installed by the incumbent in less than 3 weeks....
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Alvin007: 11:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
meobizy:
We should celebrate him for doing his job? No wonder this country is going nowhere as usual.

Abeg, why do Nigerians jubilate when a new president thief is elected?
Fixed
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by 9jahotblog: 12:26am On Dec 04, 2019
Freshprince91:

This man should come and school my Audio Governor in ogun state.
Brother no sabi do anything than to dey jump from one social gathering to another dancing Olamide (enu gbe) grin
lol dapo Abiodun should do the needful in ogun state too .
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by 9jahotblog: 12:27am On Dec 04, 2019
shiwex:

This will never have happened under and apc government with Tinubu collecting half of the state's fund. All apc STATES ARE 4UCKED.
yes soooooo very true. Ajimobi was there for 8 years still that place was in the dark.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by 9jahotblog: 12:28am On Dec 04, 2019
toba1909:

Constant power supply you mean?
Must you lie to drive your point home here?
The lights are powered by generating sets installed around.
it's powered by both Gen and solar energy. Seyi makinde is doing the needful in oyo state.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by 9jahotblog: 12:29am On Dec 04, 2019
Iboni1:

From your battery icon showing 17%, we know that you have really suffered. Congratulations!!!
Abi ooooooo.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Bluntemperor: 9:09am On Dec 04, 2019
Let us learn how to give praise when due.This young Governor has started well and is focused,if lighting a place that was in total darkness for 20years is not good,then what of those past Governments and State Officials who could not do such a 'simple' work for the benefits of its citizens?
Are you sure that many have not been robbed or even killed due to the condition of that place.That is why Ambode's name will continue to come as a reference,that he gave Lagos the Light-Up and within a short period after he left and due to bad-belle politics,that Project is dead,yet hoodlums are back on Lagos Streets,which is better?.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by salvo583: 9:30am On Dec 04, 2019
itsme01:
grin

Makinde's media team are fools for this.. cursed sycophants (God save us in this media 4 years oo)

Toll gate that he said he is lighting up is on Lagos Ibadan express way a federal road... while its true the road is indeed without fully functional streetlight but saying toll gate had being in darkness (same place i schooled {Leadcty University} ) is in darkness for 20 years is a big lie

Puting Streetlights in places where Ajimobi's street light and CCTV hadnt reached (federal roads) is comendable, but saying the place had being in darkness for 20 years is a lie even people using that part of Lagos expresway can attest to this

Now that we have another Media loving Governor in Oyo State like they used to have in Ekiti with Fayose we should seat tight for all drama

I stay around Felele which is just like 1km drive to where this street lights are, I felt the street light of a thing was even an Ajimobi contract. Well this street light has been connected to almost everywhere in Ib City starting from New Ife Rs while entering Ib to other places. But I must salute this Seyi Makinde's over enthusiastic PR team, they are really doing the jobs he paid them for... Too much hype chai... They are really make the proper use of the social media.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by itsme01: 9:34am On Dec 04, 2019
salvo583:

I stay around Felele which is just like 1km drive to where this street lights are, I felt the street light of a thing was even an Ajimobi contract. Well this street light has been connected to almost everywhere in Ib City starting from New Ife Rs while entering Ib to other places. But I must salute this Seyi Makinde's over enthusiastic PR team, they are really doing the jobs he paid them for... Too much hype chai... They are really make the proper use of the social media.

they would shame our dear ibadan again, i understand they have a PR job to do but chai i pray they dont batter our image in doing so.... some would start thinking ibadan is a village without streetlight when we were about to start city cctv, traffic lights and others every where city round
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by 9jaRealist: 9:36am On Dec 04, 2019
Celebration for streetlights?
Nigeria, we can only hail thee! SMH
sad
>
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by victorogundepo0(m): 9:46am On Dec 04, 2019
meobizy:

Abeg, why do Nigerians jubilate when a new president is elected?

Celebrate and appreciate for him to do more

What if he didn’t do anything ?
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by ALEGETEMITOPE(m): 9:49am On Dec 04, 2019
Let your state government do as you suggest. Life will be better for them at least
Iamgrey5:
So I shouldn't say the truth or what?

is that what adults in your vicinity do?
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by Iamgrey5(m): 10:00am On Dec 04, 2019
ALEGETEMITOPE:
Let your state government do as you suggest. Life will be better for them at least
I am from Oyo state, Ibadan to be precise.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by MacMath(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Try to be optimistic bro, is it as easy as that. Besides I don't think you live in Ibadan, you should have known better.
Re: After 20 Years Of Darkness In Ibadan Toll Gate, Seyi Makinde Turns On Light by olaeffect(m): 11:31am On Dec 04, 2019
We do not need hate speech bill but we sure need accountability speech bill I.e a bill that will make you accountable for your speech.

Can see many people just posting for and against Seyi here without any facts. Just posting from deep rooted heart of love/hate.

Truly everyone has a right to his or her opinion but not everyone should have the right to express it.

I weep for the level we have found ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Uzodinma Meets Suleiman Njoku, New Chief Imam Of Imo State (Photo) / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) / Why Babangida, Gusau Removed Me From Power – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.