Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Is Sleeping Next To A Fridge Dangerous? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Sleeping Next To A Fridge Dangerous? (677 Views)

What Are The Benefits Of Sleeping Naked? / 6 Advantages Of Sleeping Next To The Skin / Can Sleeping Next To Your Phone Cause Brain Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Sleeping Next To A Fridge Dangerous? by Kiddo01(m): 4:50am On Dec 03, 2019
If you are wondering if it’s dangerous to sleep next to a fridge, I can help you. I’ve been sleeping next to one in a small student’s dorm for 3 years now. It’s basically just a 2-second walk from my bed to the fridge. Are fridges dangerous to sleep next to because of their radiation and noise? How does it affect your sleep? And how can you manage to sleep next to a fridge without worrying from now on? Let’s find out!
Basically, sleeping next to a fridge is not dangerous at all. I mean, the fridge won’t punch you at night. However, it is kind of “passive dangerous”. The noise of a fridge definitely has an impact on your sleep quality.

Also, fridges heat up the room they’re in by a few degrees. And even a few degrees temperature change have an impact on our biological functions. Just like scientists are panicking about a few degrees temperature rise in the next years. Only one or two degrees rise in average temperature makes the north pole melt. The same applies to your room. Little temperature changes can have a big impact on you.

And on top of that, fridges radiate (this is the point where some people freak out). But luckily, the radiation is not significant enough to have an impact on you.

The best thing you can do about it is to protect yourself against the noise using earplugs. The second best thing (but just a short-term solution) is to change the temperature settings temporarily, so your fridge stays quiet while you try to fall asleep.

Also, white noise machines are an awesome tool to use when you want to protect yourself against fridge noise

(1) (Reply)

Researchers Say Coronavirus Contains "HIV Insertions" / Affordable And Quality Handsanitizers Available / Two Generic Drugs Being Tested In U.S. In Race To Find Coronavirus Treatments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.