Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

Basket Mouth Clears The Air Over Controversial Rape Joke - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Basket Mouth Clears The Air Over Controversial Rape Joke (232 Views)

Jada P Clears The Air About Her Tweets After Wizkid And Tiwa Savage Partied / 'Immediately' Belongs To Mystro - Wizkid Clears The Air / Girl Who "Had 50 Surgery To Look Like Angelina Jolie" Clears The Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Basket Mouth Clears The Air Over Controversial Rape Joke by oladeledaniel: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2019
Basket mouth has released a statement with respect to his removal as an ambassador for EU in Nigeria’s campaign against Sexual and Gender-Based Violence.

He was one of the Nigerian celebrities who were chosen to be advocates for the EU’s cause on Sexual and Gender-Based Violence.

However, the news of Basket Mouth being one of the ambassadors didn’t augur well with Twitter users and caused an outrage. Twitter users brought up a 2014 joke he made about rape and said he was not fit to represent women and the issues they face.

Hence, he was removed following the outrage on social media.

Reacting to his removal, Basket Mouth released a statement of apology on Instagram with a photo collage of a number of women including his daughter, his wife, Busola Dakolo, and more.

He wrote:

Almost every morning in the blogs, on the news, there’s a picture of a man sitting on the floor pleading, the caption is usually in the line of ‘its the devil’s handwork’ and the topic is from underage defilement, rape or brutality against a woman or minor. I live in this same world with my most prized possessions my wife, my two daughters, my sisters and women who have built me into the man I am.

I was recently presented an opportunity to create awareness on the efforts of the EU to bring support to fighting this scourge, it was a no-brainer for me. I refused any compensation for it and volunteered to lend my voice because…. it’s our fight, it’s not for the EU…its for my girls’ future.

Unfortunately, a few years ago I shared...

Continue reading: https://gistcandy.com/basket-mouth-clears-the-air-over-controversial-rape-joke/

Re: Basket Mouth Clears The Air Over Controversial Rape Joke by oladeledaniel: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: Basket Mouth Clears The Air Over Controversial Rape Joke by daddytime(m): 10:13am On Dec 03, 2019
Apologies accepted, go and misyarn no more.

You guys are fond of making lewd, sick and unfunny jokes about the physically challenged especially.

It is always never funny...

(1) (Reply)

Ready To Get Something New From The New Igbo Raper Emy Praiz / [music] 1960 By Sunnyjaymagami / How To Make A Classic Album In Nigeria In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.