Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat (2744 Views)

Biafra On The Run As Army Relocates 14 Brigade To Aba / Security Threat In N-delta Over Non-payment Of Amnesty Allowances - Vanguard / Lagos Labels Spare-Parts Dealers Security Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by Beaf: 11:50am On Nov 24, 2010
[size=14pt]Nigerian army creates new brigade to tackle security threat[/size]

Abuja, Nigeria - The Nigerian Army has established a new brigade under it s 82 Division to enable it to effectively tackle rising insecurity as reflected in armed banditry, militancy, bomb attacks and kidnapping, the Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen Azubike Ihejirika, said Tuesday.

'The nation is currently confronting the challenges of increasing threats to internal security. The renewed incidences of Boko Haram, militancy, menace of kidnapping and armed banditry pose serious threat to national security and socio-economic development,' he said at the opening ceremony of the four-day 2010 Chief of Army Staff Annual Conference in the capit al city of Abuja

'Bombing incidents have introduced terrorist dimension to the security situation. These, coupled with the recent discovery of large cache of arms and ammunition at the Apapa port and the illegal trafficking in small arms and light weapons across the country, make the situation very worrisome.

'No effort will be spared in the bid to accomplish this vision and I therefore implore all hands to be on deck to ensure its actualisation,' the army chief added.

President Goodluck Jonathan had earlier charged the Army to be ready to 'do all within its capability to partner with all security agencies to address the security challenges'.

Represented by the Minister of State for Defence, Alhaji Murtala Shehu Yar'Adua, President Jonathan praised the Army for its 'gallant exploit in Internal Security Operations as well as the various peacekeeping assignments in various theatres across African and beyond.'

Abuja - Pana 24/11/2010

http://www.afriquejet.com/news/africa-news/nigerian-army-creates-new-brigade-to-tackle-security-threat-2010112461792.html
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by Beaf: 11:54am On Nov 24, 2010
Lets hope this is a super high tech brigade with the minimal requirements for entry being 5 solid o levels and computer literary.
They should also be equiped with drones, multiple warhead missiles and other high tech weaponry.
Heh heh! 9ja gets more interesting!

[img]http://www.army.mil/-images/2009/01/21/28729/size0-army.mil-28729-2009-01-22-020114.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2010
So jonathan is not creating a new army again ?
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by Beaf: 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2010
82 Division is in Enugu.
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by 1025: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2010
i am begining to feel that nigeria is in a war.
insteading of creating brigades and all these new military outfits, why can't jonathan resign.
how is this present nigeria different from what saddam hussien had in iraq and what robert mugabe is having in zimbabwe.
when rulers loose their heads and begin to feel the heat of the unhappy nation, they simply resort to high security outfit.
but how long can this last? where were all the security outfits of saddam hussien when a few unarmed young men took him to the rope? what a shameful end to a man with absolute powers that he saw himself as another god on earth?
we hear all these security this and that is negative countries like iraq, iran, zimbabwe just to mention but a few.
how many times have u heard the south african govt talking about new brigade? why is ghana only interested in moving their country forward? why are countries like uae not building jtf and new brigades?
i can't just stop imagining why all of a sudden nigeria and iran have become the best of friends.
uncle joe, i hope u are doing ur best in the understanding that whatsoever u make out of ur time as the president of nigeria, with same u will be remembered in our history.
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by Akanbiedu(m): 2:56pm On Nov 24, 2010
Gradually sliding back to anarchy. OBJ must be wondering why he supported this GEJ by now.

History is about to repeat itself.

southerners executed the first coup in Nigeria, since then northerners have ruled majorly by coup plotting

Southerners created stronger central government to be in control of the "illiterate" northerners, northerners obviously benefited more from the arrangement

southerners fought for zoning, now southerners are clamoring to jettison zoning,

this list goes on

The common denominator is that southerners, when in temporary advantage tend to be shortsighted in trying to outdo the northerners

The case in view

I guess this is an attempt to outsmart the "illiterate" northerners again in case this election is lost,

As usual southerners will be outsmarted again.
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by jason12345: 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

Gradually sliding back to anarchy. OBJ must be wondering why he supported this GEJ by now.

southerners executed the first coup in Nigeria, since then northerners have ruled majorly by coup plotting

Southerners created stronger central government to be in control of the "illiterate" northerners, northerners obviously benefited more from the arrangement

southerners fought for zoning, now southerners are clamoring to jettison zoning,

this list goes on

The common denominator is that southerners, when in temporary advantage tend to be shortsighted in trying to outdo the northerners

The case in view

I guess this is an attempt to outsmart the "illiterate" northerners again in case this election is lost,

1025:

insteading of creating brigades and all these new military outfits, why can't jonathan resign.
how is this present nigeria different from what saddam hussien had in iraq and what robert mugabe is having in zimbabwe.
when rulers loose their heads and begin to feel the heat of the unhappy nation, they simply resort to high security outfit.
but how long can this last? where were all the security outfits of saddam hussien when a few unarmed young men took him to the rope? what a shameful end to a man with absolute powers that he saw himself as another god on earth?
we hear all these security this and that is negative countries like iraq, iran, zimbabwe just to mention but a few.
how many times have u heard the south african govt talking about new brigade? why is ghana only interested in moving their country forward? why are countries like uae not building jtf and new brigades?
i can't just stop imagining why all of a sudden nigeria and iran have become the best of friends.
uncle joe, i hope u are doing your best in the understanding that whatsoever u make out of your time as the president of nigeria, with same u will be remembered in our history.

. . . . That is what people have not noticed! PLS DON'T VOTE FOR GJ OR ATIKU OR ANY PDP MEMBER!.

What has GJ or atiku done while they are/were in government? promises? looting and depleting our foreign reserves? constant electricity? lol. or should we start with the bomb, rumour of war, insecurity, kidnapping, boko harem and "fake mend".

pls tell me, how does a ban a national team only to unban them under the pressure of common fifa. lol

. . . . . to the people or regions that are waiting for promises, we shall see! grin grin grin

NIGERIANS THINK.

thank you
from a concerned citizens
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2010
1025:

Just stop misjiving and coming up with nonsensical conspiracy theories. There is a need for this brigade as well as a national guard to tackle the threat to internal security posed by criminal and fascist organizations like MEND AND Boko Haram.
This threat would remain until the security forces challenge confront and exterminate the bandits in a series of well coordinated actions regardless of who is the occupant of Aso Rock.
The sooner they are dealt with the better.
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by Chyz2: 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2011
Remember this?
Re: Nigerian Army Creates New Brigade To Tackle Security Threat by owobokiri(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Akanbi_edu: Gradually sliding back to anarchy. OBJ must be wondering why he supported this GEJ by now.

this list goes on

The case in view

Great post. Lots of short-sighted moves from southern politicians. The army is still mainly a northern property. Though there are lots of southern officers, as was the case in the 60s, infantry men are mainly northerners. This is dangerous as can be seen when soldiers are deployed to conflict areas. I thought Jonathan wanted to use the ammesty programme to 'dilute' the military. This same brigade will be used to level southern communities the day the post of the c-in-c changes hands .

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Jonathan And Hillary Clinton / Macbook Pro 13" 2009 Edition in Abuja | Kaduna #90,000 >>>>[SOLD √√√] / How I And Prof. Wole Soyinka Formed The Pyrates Confraternity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.