Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 (1569 Views)

Your Beliefs / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / The Dome Above The Earth Will Shatter Beliefs And Topple Nations-abachwezi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
Atheists believe that there is no God, that is, there is no Creator.

This is very untrue in fact, because, upon careful observation, I find that all things are a product of intention, design, and purpose.

Tell me, is it a coincidence that the earth we live in, is the only inhabitable planet in the galaxy?

Tell me, since you have been born, have you ever seen anything that created itself or brought itself into existence?

According to the law of Causality, or cause & effect, everything that occurs (effect) is as a result of something else that occurred (cause) prior to it, and is also dependent on that said thing.

The first car built was done so by Carl Benz. It is obvious that first, Carl Benz thought up the idea for a car, drew up the design for it, created it for a purpose, and with intention.

If cars, chairs, buildings, laptops, and other equipments don't create themselves, why can't the same be said of we humans?

The person who created the car is superior to it in every way, and so is the Person that Created us.

The person who created the car did so for a purpose, and so did the person who created us.

In conclusion, I strongly disbelieve the argument that there is no Creator.

A more reasonable argument, however, will be, who is He? Allah? Buddha? Dalai Lama? Ogun? Obatala? Hari Krishna? Yaweh? What does He want from us? Does He want to be known? Can he be known? Is He even a He? How do we reach Him? Why does He seem so distant?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by MistadeRegal(m): 12:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
Anyone who says there is no GOD, such a person has a name they're called in the Bible, "Fool".

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by LordReed(m): 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hismasterpiece:
Atheists believe that there is no God, that is, there is no Creator.

This is very untrue in fact, because, upon careful observation, I find that all things are a product of intention, design, and purpose.

Tell me, is it a coincidence that the earth we live in, is the only inhabitable planet in the galaxy?

Tell me, since you have been born, have you ever seen anything that created itself or brought itself into existence?

According to the law of Causality, or cause & effect, everything that occurs (effect) is as a result of something else that occurred (cause) prior to it, and is also dependent on that said thing.

The first car built was done so by Carl Benz. It is obvious that first, Carl Benz thought up the idea for a car, drew up the design for it, created it for a purpose, and with intention.

If cars, chairs, buildings, laptops, and other equipments don't create themselves, why can't the same be said of we humans?

The person who created the car is superior to it in every way, and so is the Person that Created us.

The person who created the car did so for a purpose, and so did the person who created us.

A more reasonable argument, however, will be, who is He? Allah? Buddha? Dalai Lama? Ogun? Obatala? Hari Krishna? Yaweh? What does He want from us? Does He want to be known? Can he be known? Is He even a He? How do we reach Him? Why does He seem so distant?

We know what things are made because we have observed them being made. Where have you observed a god making anything? You merely conjecture the things you can't explain as being the work of your favourite flavour of god which of course leads us to all the many flavours of god now and through the ages. How do we know that your god flavour is the true flavour?

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by CAPSLOCKED: 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
MistadeRegal:
Anyone who says three is no GOD, such a person has a name they're called in the Bible, "Fool".

YOUR BIBLE IS JUST ONE BOOK OUT OF MANY OTHER RELIGIOUS BOOKS.

RELIGIOUS BOOKS ARE USELESS. SOME PEOPLE TAKE THEM FOR HISTORY BOOKS BUT THESE BOOKS HAVE BEEN GROSSLY EDITED AND MESSED UP. THEY SERVE HUMANITY NO PURPOSE. THEY SOLVE NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM. THEY'RE VERY USELESS IN FACT EXCEPT TO THE CROOKS WHO MILK BELIEVERS AT RELIGIOUS GATHERINGS.

ONE OF THESE VERY USELESS BOOKS CALL PEOPLE WHO DARE QUESTION AND STAND STAND AGAINST IT "FOOLS" AND YOU'RE ROOTING FOR IT?
SHOWS WHO THE REAL FOOLS ARE. cheesy

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:48am On Dec 05, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

YOUR BIBLE IS JUST ONE BOOK OUT OF MANY OTHER RELIGIOUS BOOKS.

RELIGIOUS BOOKS ARE USELESS. SOME PEOPLE TAKE THEM FOR HISTORY BOOKS BUT THESE BOOKS HAVE BEEN GROSSLY EDITED AND MESSED UP. THEY SERVE HUMANITY NO PURPOSE. THEY SOLVE NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM. THEY'RE VERY USELESS IN FACT EXCEPT TO THE CROOKS WHO MILK BELIEVERS AT RELIGIOUS GATHERINGS.

ONE OF THESE VERY USELESS BOOKS CALL PEOPLE WHO DARE QUESTION AND STAND STAND AGAINST IT "FOOLS" AND YOU'RE ROOTING FOR IT?
SHOWS WHO THE REAL FOOLS ARE. cheesy

The Bible is no religious book. The Bible is God's Word period. Countless people have experienced God through reading and applying His Word.

Preachers aren't the only people who use Bibles. As a matter of fact, every truth believer in Jesus the Messiah reads and apply the truth of God's Word in their everyday lives.
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:54am On Dec 05, 2019
LordReed:

We know what things are made because we have observed them being made. Where have you observed a god making anything? You merely conjecture the things you can't explain as being the work of your favourite flavour of god which of course leads us to all the many flavours of god now and through the ages. How do we know that your god flavour is the true flavour?

Bro you've completely missed my point. My point is that all facts about things of this world point to a Creator.

Nothing exists without being created. And whatever Creates is far greater in every way than whatever is Created and whatever is Created has innate characteristics of its Creator.

Meaning, that if we humans are as awesome as we are to do all the things that we do, surely we got that characteristic from our Creator who is above us in every way. Looking and carefully observing human beings, you'll find that we are mighty creatures indeed.

Guy there is a Creator. You yourself know it but are too 'SMART' in your own eyes too admit it.
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:56am On Dec 05, 2019
LordReed:

Bro you've completely missed my point. My point is that all facts about things of this world point to a Creator.

Nothing exists without being created. And whatever Creates is far greater in every way than whatever is Created and whatever is Created has innate characteristics of its Creator.

Meaning, that if we humans are as awesome as we are to do all the things that we do, surely we got that characteristic from our Creator who is above us in every way. Looking and carefully observing human beings, you'll find that we are mighty creatures indeed.

If we are mighty enough to build airplanes, skyscrapers, invent drugs that cure numerous ailments then surely, the one who Created us is way Mightier than we are.

Guy there is a Creator. You yourself know it but are too 'SMART' in your own eyes too admit it.
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by CAPSLOCKED: 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

The Bible is no religious book. The Bible is God's Word period. Countless people have experienced God through reading and applying His Word.

Preachers aren't the only people who use Bibles. As a matter of fact, every truth believer in Jesus the Messiah reads and apply the truth of God's Word in their everyday lives.

KINDLY REPLACE "KORAN" WITH "BIBLE" IN THE PHOTO BELOW.

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by hakeem4(m): 12:06pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:
[s]Atheists believe that there is no God, that is, there is no Creator.

Tell me, is it a coincidence that the earth we live in, is the only inhabitable planet in the galaxy?[/s]
Any evidence for the so called designer? or it is just too hard for you to comprehend how the universe can come from natural process?

T[s]ell me, since you have been born, have you ever seen anything that created itself or brought itself into existence?

A more reasonable argument, however, will be, who is He? Allah? Buddha? Dalai Lama? Ogun? Obatala? Hari Krishna? Yaweh? What does He want from us? Does He want to be known? Can he be known? Is He even a He? How do we reach Him? Why does He seem so distant?[/s]
stop using this type of argument in 2019, it makes you look ridiculous. This type of argument have been refuted almost 2 centuries ago, and yoou are still bringing this type of argument in the 21st century undecided

1 Like

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2019
hakeem4:

Any evidence for the so called designer? or it is just too hard for you to comprehend how the universe can come from natural process?

stop using this type of argument in 2019, it makes you look ridiculous. This type of argument have been refuted almost 2 centuries ago, and yoou are still bringing this type of argument in the 21st century undecided

And what argument might that be?
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
hakeem4:

Any evidence for the so called designer? or it is just too hard for you to comprehend how the universe can come from natural process? undecided

Okay, who initiated the natural process. Remember the law of causality?

What evidence is there of the designer of mobile phones? Do you need evidence before you know that someone smarter than it designed it?
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by LordReed(m): 12:43pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

If we are mighty enough to build airplanes, skyscrapers, invent drugs that cure numerous ailments then surely, the one who Created us is way Mightier than we are.

The facts do not point to a creator, they point to physical forces interacting. Your creator that you keep conjecturing about, is no where to be seen or observed at work creating anything, except in fairy tales proposed when we didn't understand how things worked.

What is clear is, the way things form by natural means are quite distinguishable from the way things are formed by artificial means. Your god never seems to be able to rise beyond what we consider natural, why is that? Your god can create planets but cannot create a miserable (in comparison to a planet or star) little temple where it can be met but instead relies on men to construct it and even there they have to claim either special privilege or invisibility as to why the god is not seen. Many more questions like this remain unanswered to any decent degree of satisfaction because perhaps your god is a figment of the imagination.

I am smart enough not to assume a god exists based on my intuition because I am also smart enough to know my intuition is not reliable in matters I have little proofs for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by LordReed(m): 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
hakeem4:

Apparently it is or at least they might feel it is not fantastic a tale enough for their awe.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by hakeem4(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

And what argument might that be?
the watchmaker argument
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:34pm On Dec 05, 2019
LordReed:

The facts do not point to a creator, they point to physical forces interacting.

And who, pray tell, created these physical forces, or caused them to interact?
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by LordReed(m): 1:42pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

We don't know of any who that created any physical force. What we know is of certain physical event sequences that gave rise to what we now observe. Beyond that we can only speculate and our speculation points to still more physical forces.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2019
LordReed:

We don't of any who that created any physical force. What we know is of certain physical event sequences that gave rise to what we now observe. Beyond that we can only speculate and our speculation points to still more physical forces.

LOL �. You know it, and I know it, there is a CREATOR. Who caused those physical event sequences?
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

To solve the riddle behind to initiation of ATHEISM, all you need to find out is

©Who were the first sets of ATHEISTS?
©What was their motives?
©Why do many choose to follow their footsteps?
©What exactly are they trying to do now?
©What did the say about the end of ATHEISM?

A careful study of the Bible will give you insight into all of these. You may be surprised to know that many individuals claiming atheists today aren't REAL atheists, whereas most people claiming believers today are chronic atheists! undecided
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by LordReed(m): 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

LOL �. You know it, and I know it, there is a CREATOR. Who caused those physical event sequences?

You keep saying who, there is no who.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by GideonG(m): 2:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
I am a full blown Atheist, When you ask intelligent questions you will end up knowing the truth, know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

There is no God as people think, but there is a creator that is neither male or female, some attributes are like the female because it is the womb that gave birth to everything and everything will eventually go back to the creator, before any creation there was nothing, this nothing is like silence.

Silence is the supper set of all sounds, there is silence in every sound and this silence surrounds the sounds, sound came out from it and will go back to it.

Only true stillness and silence can you reconnect with your higher self which is I am, your being,,! It is in you and in every creature but animate and inanimate.

You can not comprehend if the frequency of your vibration and consciousness is limited.

The kingdom of God (Being )is deep within you, stay present by offing your thinking, think about nothing, be conscious and get enlightenment. Know thy self!

There is no sky daddy figure called God, the concept of God is only understood when you give up everything, unlearn all you have been told, be a knowledge seeker for my people perish due to lack of knowledge

1 Like

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2019
I just lot a few brain cells upon entering this thread. If everything must have a creator, then who created God!

If you believe nothing created God, then you are an atheist, but just a different brand. You don't believe in a mystical being higher than the one your mind has made up.

Please, this argument has been dealt with a long time ago. Bring something new.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by LordReed(m): 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2019
GideonG:
I am a full blown Atheist, When you ask intelligent questions you will end up knowing the truth, know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

There is no God as people think, but there is a creator that is neither male or female, some attributes are like the female because it is the womb that gave birth to everything and everything will eventually go back to the creator, before any creation there was nothing, this nothing is like silence.

Silence is the supper set of all sounds, there is silence in every sound and this silence surrounds the sounds, sound came out from it and will go back to it.

Only true stillness and silence can you reconnect with your higher self which is I am, your being,,! It is in you and in every creature but animate and inanimate.

You can not comprehend if the frequency of your vibration and consciousness is limited.

The kingdom of God (Being )is deep within you, stay present by offing your thinking, think about nothing, be conscious and get enlightenment. Know thy self!

There is no sky daddy figure called God, the concept of God is only understood when you give up everything, unlearn all you have been told, be a knowledge seeker for my people perish due to lack of knowledge

You are not an atheist. You are more of a deist or a panentheist.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 05, 2019
LordReed:

You are not an atheist. You are more of a deist or a panentheist.

He is not an ATHEIST, but he calls himself one! cheesy

When a TRUE Christian speaks, it's advisable to listen attentively and thoroughly meditate on the utterances of Jesus' TRUE followers!

@Hismasterpiece, take note! wink
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
HenryDion:
I just lot a few brain cells upon entering this thread. If everything must have a creator, then who created God?

If you believe nothing created God, then you are an atheist, but just a different brand. You don't believe in a mystical being higher than the one your mind has made up.

Intelligent question! smiley

The Bible's author only provided us with the information we needed to live happily on our planet, but humans WANTED more than what they NEEDED!

The question "Who created God?" will only make sense if we are able to live peacefully on our own without guidance from a superior being!

We often ask "Who are you?" when a person is demanding more than expected, it simply means "i or we don't need you"

But in this case, the Bible's author have provided more than enough answers to life most important questions that Science with all it's researchers have failed to attempt!

So that's why right thinking persons are contented with the information we got from the Bible's author! smiley
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2019
GideonG:

Are you a new age believer?
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2019
HenryDion:
I just lot a few brain cells upon entering this thread. If everything must have a creator, then who created God!

Bro, God is an everlasting being. He never had a beginning and will never have an end. He is the I Am. The truth is, God's history is a mystery that will be revealed to all believers when we are taken up to heaven.

Nobody is smart enough to figure out where God came from and nobody is so smart that they can't see that everything in existence was created by a Creator.
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by aadoiza: 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2019
Atheists would tell you some magical force was responsible for their own creation. Ask them for proof of this magical force, and see how ridiculous they get by posting stupid links upandan. SMH
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by GoodBadandUgly(m): 12:15am On Dec 06, 2019
Hismasterpiece:

Bro, God is an everlasting being. He never had a beginning and will never have an end. He is the I Am. The truth is, God's history is a mystery that will be revealed to all believers when we are taken up to heaven.

Nobody is smart enough to figure out where God came from and nobody is so smart that they can't see that everything in existence was created by a Creator.

LOOL seriously? please don't insult your own intelligence. You sound like your insane.
1. These are all concepts that have been taught to us over time hence why most people see no other choice but to believe.
2. The people around you reinforce your beliefs making you feel more certain.
3. Your arguing from ignorance when you give God characters such as "everlasting, no beginning and no ending", do you have any evidence of such existing? Have we ever observed such a thing?. The only thing which fits these criteria is the universe and we simply have no current explanation of the origin.
4. Labelling things you cannot exist as God's "Mystery" is playing Gods of the gaps.
5. If nobody is smart enough to figure God out then why bother? He clearly doesn't care or want to be bothered.

I'll address your designer argument separately because it's lazy and suggests you haven't even looked at the rebuttal for your own argument.

-We recognise things by design so unless you've ever observed a universe being created by an agent you CANNNOT insert an agent.
-There are plenty of features in the living world that are anything but "perfect", we get diseases, our eyesights get worse over time, we have fragile bones and we need a lot of rest for these heavy brains we carry around. We are not the fastest, biggest, smartest in nature but we work better as a larger group. This is why we're on top of the food chain.
-By fitting God into the gaps on things we don't understand, your playing the God of the gaps. This will keep you ignorant till you die because we will never know it all, there is too much to know!
-If you insist on an agent creating the universe then by the SAME logic we have to question who created this agent and so on. That's an infinite regress and its useless.

I would advise you to seriously look up the rebuttal to your own argument, it will save you a lot of time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Hismasterpiece(m): 12:42am On Dec 06, 2019
GoodBadandUgly:

LOOL
Looooooooooool
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by GoodBadandUgly(m): 12:55am On Dec 06, 2019
aadoiza:
Atheists would tell you some magical force was responsible for their own creation. Ask them for proof of this magical force, and see how ridiculous they get by posting stupid links upandan. SMH

These things aren't magical force, they are an observational phenomenon that we can be either demonstrated or explain and verify mathematically. Science is not an easy thing to understand but its essentially an archive of things we have found out about our observable universe. The same forces which are responsible for how our galaxy operates are the same one which we use to calculate the trajectory and escape velocity for space shuttles and satellites. These forces are what send men to space and back.

We can all verify gravity exists now by conducting independent experiments, is it still a magical force? No because we understand it. The universe is just like that on a bigger scale. Even the big bang theory only describes how we got the observable universe, we're still yet to figure out what happened before.
I find it very silly how we can so naive as humans. We have never lived a life before and we're so self-centered we automatically conclude all of this must have been made for us?
EVERYTHING AROUND US IS TRYING TO KILL US, WE JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE SUCH A SHORT LIFESPAN SO IT DOESNT EVEN MATTER TO THE UNIVERSE. WE ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A BLINK OF AN EYE TO THE UNIVERSE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by budaatum: 2:44am On Dec 06, 2019
aadoiza:
Really? Perhaps they don't just want to call their "some magical force", God, though I can't say I ever heard any atheist talk about this so called "magical force" that atheists tell you "was responsible for creation". Got any evidence of atheists and their "magical force"?
Re: Wrong Atheist Beliefs. Part 1 by Nobody: 6:28am On Dec 06, 2019
This is my own take on this issue:

1. For starters, I'm neither a religionist nor an atheist but don't deny there is Universal Intelligence/God.

2. I feel God Almighty has nothing to do with religions. Religions are man-made, and the gods of religions were great ancient beings deified by people of their time, with those beliefs passed down from generations to generations.

3. I see God Almighty as the totality of existence. Anybody that's science-savvy knows that it's the way of the science to find summation of things, commonly represented with Greek letter sigma (upper case). Hence, the terms, "totality of consciousness", "totality of existence", shouldn't seem absurd.

4. No one can deny existence, and it's possible for an entity to exist, not bounded by time and space. Hence, the saying God has no beginning and end.

5. Humans, animals, plants, all conscious entities (micro or macro) are all parts of God. In essence, each soul is a god.

6. God Almighty isn't a sky daddy seeking worship or prayers. Love of worship and prayers is an attribute of man.

7. We're the ones that create this reality; we're the co-creators of our own reality (a minute part of God in action).

8. Almighty God, the totality of existence, hasn't created hell fire for anyone. The universe comprises cycles of births, deaths, and rebirths.

9. Ultimately, every conscious entity will reunite with God Almighty after many lives and return to their initial state, not bound by time and space. That state is what is called by many names in religions — Heaven, Janat, Nirvana, Valhalla, etc. The heaven version in religions has been corrupted as a place only meant for devotees of a particular religion.

10. Ours is a mysterious world; what's discovered pales in comparison with things not discovered yet; for instance, many scientists say much of the reality in the universe we see and know is only a small part of the real components of the universe. The majority (around 86%) is composed of dark matter and dark energy, little of which is known by today's science.

11. I have come up with my own opinion using inductive reasoning and intuition and of course reading various books in philosophy, science, and esoteric literature.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheists/agnostic/non-religious Memes / About Pastor Robert Madu / how atheists are taking advantage of the liberalism in christianity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.