Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (73876 Views)

Yuletide: FG Declares Free Train Rides From December 24 To January 4 / Military Aircraft, King Air 350 Crashes In Abuja, 6 Passengers Feared Dead / Bridge Barrier Falls On Vehicle In Kaduna. 6 Passengers Killed (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by Depressed101: 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
recievesense:
But naija don reach to get this kain rail. If all Ibo billionaires can come together and connect south east by rail from onitcha to Owerri to aba to Abakiliki to Enugu kimon
railroad is a business killer for billionaires, favors the people but but not the rich

1 Like

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by MedicH: 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
Enter na. This thing go reach maiduguri break down for sambisa and it's game over.
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by lomprico(m): 7:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
I888:
You got that right. how many people hear am. They didn't televised it, no radio announcement etc.

Gbam!
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by COMPAQ(m): 7:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
kolafolabi:
Lagos to Ibadan by rail is like traveling from Nigeria to Libya by road..

To be honest, the awareness was not publicized properly. If six passengers could board the train, I would rather give them money to go board a bus rather than transporting only six passengers to Ibadan. For me, it was one of the wasted resources we are talking about.

Have you ever heard that a plane didn't fly because there were only 10 passengers? I once flew an Etihad to Dubai and we were not more than 50 for a flight of maybe 200.

Besides the free ride is also a test run.
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by somehow: 7:51pm On Dec 03, 2019
You almighty America no get this one!
recievesense:
But naija don reach to get this kain rail. If all Ibo billionaires can come together and connect south east by rail from onitcha to Owerri to aba to Abakiliki to Enugu kimon
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by tollyboy5(m): 7:52pm On Dec 03, 2019
lomprico:

lol

am 100% sure there was no sensitization towards it. the Nigerians I know no dey take ear hear the word 'free'
please where exactly @ Ibadan is the train stopping? I was waiting for the first set of people to travel with it before me. plz if u knw the terminal @ Ibadan let me know
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by profilemessages: 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
recievesense:

they would rather go to BIAFRA than invest in this thing they call "zoo"

your moniker though smh!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by deolu2000(m): 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2019
The Lagos-Ibadan train service truly as not been completed because it ought to depart from Ebute Metta(Lagos ) en route omi adio in Ogun State and terminate at moniya in Ibadan, but since the 4 mega and 4 minor terminals and stations are yet to be ready; the government (although in haste), decided to commence test ride from Iju that's the outskirts of lagos through omi adio then terminates in moniya for the time being. however, my concerns is about the convenience of the passengers because the stations where the trains are meant to make a brief stop on this trips are far from being completed so running these services smoothly at this point is a mirage. I don't know why the Transportation minister is in a mad haste to get this train service to run without first closing out all pending issues concerning it. My thoughts though because I am not authorized to speak on official matters such as this.

1 Like

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by deolu2000(m): 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2019
tollyboy5:

please where exactly @ Ibadan is the train stopping? I was waiting for the first set of people to travel with it before me. plz if u knw the terminal @ Ibadan let me know
Moniya to be precise. Ask around you will see the station

1 Like

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
kolafolabi:
Lagos to Ibadan by rail is like traveling from Nigeria to Libya by road..

To be honest, the awareness was not publicized properly. If six passengers could board the train, I would rather give them money to go board a bus rather than transporting only six passengers to Ibadan. For me, it was one of the wasted resources we are talking about.

I know people which went for the train ride and they were told the train might not rich ibadan City what is happening they are saying the railway is not fully complete. Some people say the journey will take 3 to 4 hours and the train will drop you in the middle of the bush 20 kilometres to ibadan City
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
tollyboy5:

Some of the people which went to catch the train say the train will not reach ibadan City the railway is not complete.
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2019
deolu2000:

Moniya to be precise. Ask around you will see the station

The station is their but you have to be very careful find out if the railway is complete first. Also how long the journey will take because somebody went there to catch the train and he was told the railway is not complete the train will only get 20 km to ibadan they haven't finished a bridge
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by shenisaac(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
Watch as kidnappers ll flood Lagos- Ibadan expressway to force ppl to patronize the trains.... FG n China would want to recup the cash sunk in
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:54pm On Dec 03, 2019
recievesense:
Even Almighty US no get that kind one
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by shomutuski(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
lomprico:

lol

am 100% sure there was no sensitization towards it. the Nigerians I know no dey take ear hear the word 'free'

Exactly brov!!! Let Government announce it on major TV and radio stations!!! Let's if that train won't snub the passengers.
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by SaintLorenzo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2019
I hate people who use big
English words to make us feeel
perspicasitated Don’t ask me the meaning
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by murmee: 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2019
tollyboy5:

Moniya, at the outskirts of Ibadan. If you are not familiar with Ibadan city, then chances are you will get lost!

1 Like

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by ajericho(m): 10:49pm On Dec 03, 2019
recievesense:

Go and call them na
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by temielects(m): 11:27pm On Dec 03, 2019
recievesense:
Nigeria billionaires will never compete to do reasonable things they only compete in lavishing resources...

1 Like

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by EgunMogaji2: 12:08am On Dec 04, 2019
Kapeter:
and who tell you say dem no get terminal? Why some of you no dey get sense like this?

http://forums.villageheadmaster.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=46

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by deolu2000(m): 12:10am On Dec 04, 2019
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

The station is their but you have to be very careful find out if the railway is complete first. Also how long the journey will take because somebody went there to catch the train and he was told the railway is not complete the train will only get 20 km to ibadan they haven't finished a bridge
Well, I am not disputing the fact that the stations along the route from Lagos to Moniya are not completed. secondly, official records showed the train terminates at Moniya from Iju but I am not sure of this because until it leaves from EBJ (Ebute Metta Junction), I am not boarding. Happy ride to those that want to give it a shot at the immediate if that's possible anyways.
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by lebete3000: 12:45am On Dec 04, 2019
recievesense:

One thing I love about you guys is you never fail to deceive yourselves. It thrills me like mad meen cheesy
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by Giftexx: 4:56am On Dec 04, 2019
Life is precious.they can’t comma use people’s lives for testing.
recievesense:
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by HeyCorleone(m): 8:25am On Dec 04, 2019
itsme01:
grin

no one one become first sacrifice

before train stop mid way and you are asked to push it till you get to lagos

if the News is out that it works for atleast one week.. people would fill the train to brim

This made me crack up this morning lmao.

1 Like

Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by luluman: 11:04am On Dec 04, 2019
recievesense:
They are busy looking for secession
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by papyt: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by wonlasewonimi: 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2019
It is only in Nigeria that trains will run without train stations. Dem wan turn everyone to conductor to dey jump out from moving trains
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by mamaafrik(m): 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2019
Which train is free,oshodi -ikeja is still not connected,same at agege,so where will train pass reach ibadan from lagos?
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by Chapter1vs6(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2019
azimo:
Locomotive trains lol what a joke ..why are we black from Africa wicked against ourself .
bro good afternoon
Re: Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) by ShegzyB: 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2020
Kapeter:
and who tell you say dem no get terminal? Why some of you no dey get sense like this?

I dont blame u. Wetin u sabi?!... travel to other countries and see what a terminal should look like.....as na u get sense pass. Nama.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Drives Out A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Dunchi Lar, Nigerian Jailed For Tweeting About Her Detention In Dubai Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.