Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu (595 Views)

Tajudeen Abbas, Benjamin Kalu Visit Obasanjo, Tinubu (Photos) / Femi Gbajabiamila: What Transpired During Obasanjo, Tinubu’s Meeting / Photo Of Buhari, Obasanjo, Tinubu, Osinbajo, El Rufai With Cute Faces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu by Mocok7: 11:11pm On Dec 03, 2019
Former Governor of Lagos State and National leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu on Tuesday revealed what the late Brigadier General Mobolaji Johnson told him when former President, Olusegun Obasanjo seized the statutory allocations of Lagos State some years ago.

Obasanjo had in 2005 seized Lagos State statutory allocation because Tinubu created additional 37 Local Council Development Areas, LCDAs.

Despite the Supreme Court ordering the then president, Obasanjo to release the allocations, he never obeyed the court’s order until the late Umaru Yar’Adua released the seized allocations in 2007.

Speaking at the Day of Tributes for Mobolaji Johnson at the Onikan Stadium on Tuesday, Tinubu said his time with Johnson was at a critical period when Obasanjo confiscated the allocations of Lagos State.

He said Johnson told him then to ignore Obasanjo and focus on re-engineering Lagos State, which he did and that it paid off.

Tinubu said: “Johnson embarked on re-engineering and assembling the best cabinet to show transparency at that time. He showed courage and strong determination for the benefit of Lagos State. His retirement was sudden following the coup in 1975. He lived a life of great contentment.

“We bid farewell to a man of great integrity. My time with him was at a critical time when I was facing another general who seized the money of Lagos State. He said governor, ignore that man and re-engineer Lagos State. I wish him eternal rest.”

Bola Tinubu extolled the virtues of Johnson, describing him as a man of integrity.

He said Johnson was a true gentleman, a servant leader and a man of incorruptible character, saying that he never used his position to amass personal wealth.

“He did not compromise in his profession. He left a good legacy in public service. He laid a durable foundation for Lagos State. He served the people and made them the cornerstone of social and economic policies.
Re: What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu by JosEast(m): 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
source
Re: What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu by YorubaPrince: 11:15pm On Dec 03, 2019
So, I see why that fool, Sanwo-Olu recently renamed Onikan to Mobolaji Johnson's name. This says a whole lot. Tinubu is the current Governor NOT, Sanwo-Olu. Pretty sad! angry

2 Likes

Re: What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu by Mocok7: 11:21pm On Dec 03, 2019
JosEast:
source

@ Night of tritubes held today for Mobolaji Johnson, by the Lagos State Government at Onikan Stadium.
Re: What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu by Mocok7: 11:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
YorubaPrince:
So, I see why that fool, Sanwo-Olu recently renamed Onikan to Mobolaji Johnson's name. This says a whole lot. Tinubu is the current Governor NOT, Sanwo-Olu. Pretty sad! angry

Mobolaji Johnson deserves more than that.
How I wish you were at Darlington Hall, Illupeju yesterday, where his children held the night of tributes for him, you would have understand that Onikan is nothing even worth to a man created a state people never believed it will work.

1 Like

Re: What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu by digitaltrades: 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
Mr tinubu, didn't mobolaji Johnson also remind you that you are a drug pusher?

2 Likes

Re: What Mobolaji Johnson Told Me About Obasanjo – Tinubu by Mocok7: 12:10am On Dec 04, 2019
digitaltrades:
Mr tinubu, didn't mobolaji Johnson also remind you that you are a drug pusher?

� � �

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Adoke Returns To Nigeria To Face Corruption Charges (photo) / Gov. Ganduje Vs Sanusi II: Northern Elders Declare Position, Take Action / A Cry Of A Nigerian Soldier Fighting Boko Haram With Outdated Equiment .video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.