Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

My Family Has Been Scammed - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Has Been Scammed (38627 Views)

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos / Follow These Steps To Avoid Been Scammed In Abuja Properties. / Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Chapter1vs6(m): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
H
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
Go to human rights radio in abuja
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by FatGuy: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2019
Report him to LPDC (Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee), an arm of the NBA

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by shadeyinka(m): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
It's so unfortunate no one can be trusted now. I was scammed by a Pastor of my first two plots of land.

The police will only favour the biggest client with money to spend.

You can report him to NBA or look for a SAN to speak to him on your behalf

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by m140(m): 1:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
That kind of money is much to be entrusted to someone.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by agbangam: 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Na wa oh
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Josh44s(m): 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
When I heard brekete I tot you are referring to Beremx. Both sound synonymous grin

2 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Danzakidakura(m): 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Your Uncle send the man that chess you people out of the last d he still want to collect the last d after you have paid for it.take the case to your umunna, hear from them before you proceed to court.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.

I am afraid you will have to take it to court. The sooner the better.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by roqrules04(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
60% of family members are thieves, you need to beware when dealing with them..

Don't even involve them in any monetary stuff

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Luckki1001(m): 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2019
If this man is the uncle in question, then, my brother, just forget the land grin grin grin grin grin

On a more serious note, please seek redress in the law courts.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by NwsBoy: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
Kylexy21:
please report this matter to any human right organization...... don't u know uncles are very wicked!!!! u made a mistake ... secondly buying of lands require so much enquiries.... land dispute has sent many to grave.

I wonder how much human right will demand from him before carrying out an investigation...
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by devigblegble: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
Just use juju on him maybe send thunder to kill him case close .. pls religious people shouldn’t quote me.. just know the money can’t be retrieved
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Temptee101(m): 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2019
So sorry, what a sad story. Never trust an uncle, I am a living witness

Taking him to court would be fruitless as it will linger forever while you keep spending money

Report him to a deity and your money will be recovered in less than 6 months

6 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Itepuru1: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
itsme01:
:

fear some lawyers

for him to ask to be taking to court he played a fast one on you guys, hope the payment evidence are still intact

Muhammed Safiu aka solmusdesigns is a criminal
scammer
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
Avoid 'uncles' in any of your growth plans; let them see with their eyes
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Midex88(m): 1:28pm On Dec 04, 2019
God help us, drag them to the court of God

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by SatoshiPips(m): 1:29pm On Dec 04, 2019
I'm sorry you are going through this mess.

First of all, your best option would be to visit the ordinary president in person of Ahmed Isah.

But lemme give you a tip before going forward with this case on Berekete Family.
From now onwards, any call you put through to your uncle should be recorded.
But you shouldn't make it obvious so that you can nail him fast.

I wish you luck.

BTW, let us know when you are going live with it, so I hat we can follow up

11 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by saajus: 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
Bad. I think your dad should involve the Police. Brekete is a nice idea too. I hope the rest of the family will understand your dad action.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Mutemenot(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
Op, Okija shrine is your nearest solution. Don't pity anyone who doesn't pity you

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by SarkinYarki: 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:
Kindly approve to front page, please

Pls forgive my typographical errors.

Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.

We are 3 in our family me my dad, and my elder brother who is also a graduate.

it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.

After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.

We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH

I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.

At least we have relatives there to show a good place to set up the school.

We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.

He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.

We went through normal procedures concerning the land he wanted selling to Us.

Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.

He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.

Since they were barristers, we consented.

So we paid 5million for two plots.

Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable

We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.

In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.

During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.

He spent 2 weeks in PH without any sign from them nor results.

This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.

We trusted him.

What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..

We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.

He told us to take him anywhere we like, that he will defend himself.

We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.

I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution

Note: My uncle is now based in Abuja but those two lawyers are based in PH.

Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.

Pls front page

I am surprised your dad at his age didn't know that entrusting any uncle with money is automatic voicemail ... This uncle is he your maternal uncle?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by EazyMoh(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sorry bro. Some people are heartless.
As long as you have proof of payment made to the uncle you should seek redress in the court of law. I believe for the fact that he is a lawyer and an uncle the judge would be more strict on him and his co-conspirators.
You have to be resilient though, it is gonna be a tough fight. It would have been easier if the other party were the ones who wanted to develop the land. You could have simply gone to demolish anything they erect.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by elchariotlp: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
Like someone earlier advised, go to any court close to you, ask of the Nigeria Bar Association branch closest to you and report the lawyers involved to the NBA.

Or if you can get a Lawyer to Petition the three lawyers to the Disciplinary Committee of the NBA.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by mourinhob: 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
shebi you are igbo. oga go to a shrine and report him. when it comes to land matters in igboland. the spirits are your best bet. He may beat you in court with technicalities since he is a lawyer.
a simple kolanut and a crate of beer will suffice. na him go take him hand bring the money to the shrine. tho some shrine do take some small cut.

p.s I am not a hypocrite. most of you Christians that will attack me soon, we do normally see una for shrine nicoddemuscally

6 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Crieff(m): 1:32pm On Dec 04, 2019
Let your dad ask him again nicely.

If after, he is proving stubborn and unreasonable. Write a petition against him to the NBA Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Commitee. Subsequently, write a petition against him to the Zonal Police HQ.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by donjahsy(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2019
Go to okija shrine, table your matter there, they will serve him paper anywhere he is. After two months if he did not appear. I can't say what will happen to any member of his family
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by kingjrofficial(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
devigblegble:
Just use juju on him maybe send thunder to kill him case close .. pls religious people shouldn’t quote me.. just know the money can’t be retrieved
You talk like an OD3è

Primary 6 pupil has better reasoning than you
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by foleskay(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
Weren't you given the Certificate of occupancy when you bought the land?? A land bought at that price should have been properly documented because of situations like this. If you have d genuine documents of the land, take them to any nearest police station and lodge a complaint. The rogues uncles must be brought to book.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by bnovative(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2019
Do you have evidence of payment made to him?
Also record your phone conversation and have them handy. Ensure the conversation is such that could show he's collected the said amount from you.
Approach the efcc to complain about the fraud/scam.
Be prepared for a long legal tussle.
Good luck.
Next time ensure due diligence.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by francesawesome(f): 1:37pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:
Kindly approve to front page, please

Pls forgive my typographical errors.

Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.

We are 3 in our family me my dad, and my elder brother who is also a graduate.

it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.

After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.

We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH

I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.

At least we have relatives there to show a good place to set up the school.

We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.

He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.

We went through normal procedures concerning the land he wanted selling to Us.

Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.

He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.

Since they were barristers, we consented.

So we paid 5million for two plots.

Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable

We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.

In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.

During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.

He spent 2 weeks in PH without any sign from them nor results.

This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.

We trusted him.

What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..

He told us to take him anywhere we like, that he will defend himself.

We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.

I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution

Note: My uncle is now based in Abuja but those two lawyers are based in PH.

Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.

Pls front page
Oh God! So family member can be this wicked...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The State Of A Compound In Isolo After A Heavy Rainfall - Pics / Hilarious: Photo Of The Day / Lets Build This House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.