Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,904 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

My Family Has Been Scammed - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Family Has Been Scammed (38631 Views)

My Family Now Homeless - Man Whose ₦300m Mansion Was Pulled Down In Lagos / Follow These Steps To Avoid Been Scammed In Abuja Properties. / Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Louisboy22(m): 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2019
If you ask the uncle now which religion do you belong he will say Christian or Muslim, them look at what he is doing to his families too much religion little impact

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
The man is not your Uncle but your enemy.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by KingWarri: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
Fear family...

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by ikevictor: 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2019
Uncle ke!

Even Jacob scammed Esau...

I don’t trust anybody in Nigeria...including myself!

Period!

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by ProtectMyMoney: 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2019
Always protect your money
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by jaxxy(m): 1:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:
Kindly approve to front page, please

Pls forgive my typographical errors.

Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.

We are 3 in our family me my dad, and my elder brother who is also a graduate.

it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.

After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.

We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH

I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.

At least we have relatives there to show a good place to set up the school.

We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.

He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.

We went through normal procedures concerning the land he wanted selling to Us.

Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.

He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.

Since they were barristers, we consented.

So we paid 5million for two plots.

Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable

We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.

In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.

During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.

He spent 2 weeks in PH without any sign from them nor results.

This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.

We trusted him.

What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..

We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.

He told us to take him anywhere we like, that he will defend himself.

We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.

I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution

Note: My uncle is now based in Abuja but those two lawyers are based in PH.

Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.

Pls front page

In this great life people have learnt time again that the fact sm1 is ur relative isn’t enough guarantee to trust them blindly. Always do u due diligence, sm relatives are worst than an enemy or stranger.

U trusted this criminal of a lawyer u call relative and this is what u get. I ask besides being ur relative and coming from a well of family how well do u know him as an individual and In character? Coming from a well to do family does not mean the person is of good character or can’t be dubious u need to change that wrong assumption, many rich and well of people are very dubious and Sm made their money from duping innocent People or cheating other people. Don’t get comfortable with people easily.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by yusluvad(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
May God help you and your family.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by sinola(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
My people,
Let me advise you.... Anytime you want to buy a land. Let it be in aggrement that you will first fence the land before payment maybe after some months.You can also place a note on the land that it has been being bought....This is to confirm the genuinety of the availability of the land.
If this had been done on this scenario, that dubious uncle of yours wouldn't have scammed you.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Revolva(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
How we wan take help u now ...when our own problem.de
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by saydfact(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

Have been following nairaland since 2012 but fully registered 2015, I know some of you would have gone through what am going through now and each of your advises would be duly observed.

it all started wen I lost my mom to cancer 2016. she was a school teacher in one of the government school in abuja.

After her death we started following up her gratuity from Gov, God willing and thank God we were paid.

We decided to invest the money in schooling, which we decided to build a primary school in PH

I'm from Owerri but I have uncles from rivers state so we had the feelings that river state is a better option for the investement.

We went to our uncle's house who happens to be a Lawyer and narrated everything to him concerning a good land to Start up a school.

He told us he had a land for sell, we were happy because we felt he can't scam us.

Sorry not to have mentioned, my uncle came from a very respected and rich family so we handled everything with full assurance.

He then told us that 2 barristers (based in PH) are also involved in the land deal. That they own the land.

Though, the area wasn't that developed but they where few houses there, so starting up school there might be profitable

We started building fence and other important things that is ought to be done, in fact, all what we spent would sum up to 1.2million.

In the course of building, someone we don't know came and chase us out of the land, Saying the land belongs to him.

During this period, my dad tried to reach out to my uncle and the other 2 barristers to come and explain things to him but they were no where to be found.

This is a year and three months we paid for that land and we haven't step into that land and no straight answers had been given to us.

We trusted him.

What annoys me the most is that he now pick our calls only when he feels like and no straight answer would still be given..

We have been avoiding taking the case to court because we fear it would last longer in court.

We don't need the land again, we want our money back cause what we have experienced so far is not what we bargained for.

I'm thinking of going to Brekete family (Human Right Radio) in Abuja to seek for solution

Please my fellow nairalanders your advise are needed and any comment given would be very much appreciated, cause this totally look like we have been scammed.

Pls front page

Sorry about the situation you find yourself.....

1st of in land business, even family can scam you - dealing with strangers is even most times better self...

If Brekete FM has helped others with similar case, then you can try them out (ie if they have legal backing and any decision taken there wld be regarded as law)

Lastly, going to court might be more expensive and what if you lose eventually? thats double wahala...

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by WINDSOW(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
Do u want him Mad or dead?

Just send his names.

I ll take it to appropriate quarters.

NB: It is free!
To spoil no hard but na to build be wahala.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by TGM2015: 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page
1. How did you pay the money to him? Through bank transfer or cash?
2. If through transfer, did you transfer to account with his name as account holder?

If number can 2 answer is Yes, take his case to EFCC and NBA (if actually he is a registered lawyer) with evidence of payment. If you cannot get the teller, you may go to your bank for certified statement of account showing the transfer transaction.

Second part is, did he give you people document to the land? If Yes, was his seal on the document? If yes, check the number and name on the seal and petition the NBA.

You can click the link below for how to report a lawyer.
https://lawpadi.com/make-complaint-lawyer-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by sinola(m): 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
My people,
Let me advise you.... Anytime you want to buy a land. Let it be in agreement that you will first fence the land before making payment maybe after some months.You can also go extra mile by placing a notification on the land that it has been be bought, trespassers should keep off....This is to confirm the genuinety of the availability of the land.
If this had been done on this scenario, that dubious uncle of yours wouldn't have scammed you.
Treat the man f***up
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Godhatesodomy: 1:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
Wow
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by greatermeme: 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2019
Here, you go again! Let's get to the bridge before crossing it! I'm Still searching!
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by nabegibeg: 1:51pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page

Remove trust when you want to do business family or not
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by partnerbizn4(m): 1:53pm On Dec 04, 2019
sinola:
My people,
Let me advise you.... Anytime you want to buy a land. Let it be in aggrement that you will first fence the land before payment maybe after some months.You can also place a note on the land that it has been being bought....This is to confirm the genuinety of the availability of the land.

Are you in this country at all ?

Who agrees to fencing before payment?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by maasoap(m): 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

Thanks very much

The fact that the money was sweat of a deceased makes me sad. This type of money is not supposed to go down the drain like this, not at all

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Babaheekmat: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page

No short time solution.. Only long term solutions..

Human rights leads to court.. All legal solutions leads to court..

And the man is experienced in court issues..

Move On.. It's hard
. But lesson well lent

So you won't spend unnecessary money any longer

2 Likes

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by partnerbizn4(m): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2019
sinola:
My people,

Are you in this country at all ?
Who agrees to fencing before pay ?
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page

Eiyaaaa...sorry about your predicament. You've clearly been scammed. Just go to any ministry of justice for human rights, they will do something. It may take a little time but it better than doing nothing at all.

People are no longer trustworthy. guys stop trusting people with your money or valuables. Hian!
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by buywpbundles: 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sorry o
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by sophy17(m): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
If you actually paid the lawyers for the purchase of the land through your uncle who is also a lawyer, I will advice you write a pettition through your Lawyer against the lawyers involved to the LPDC i.e Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee for breach of Professional Conduct.
The lawyers can be debarred.if found guilty. I am sure they won't that to happen so might settle with you.

I am a lawyer but I will advice you get a lawyer preferably in Abuja who you are sure does not know the lawyers involved..

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Sparkle777(f): 2:05pm On Dec 04, 2019
Go report him to NBA, police, efcc, icpc etc. Only side effect is he might just have u or u all kidnapped or even killed. Some ppl have no conscience. Did u say uncle, as in moms brother. Check well if u guys maltreated his sister. In all u do, be careful.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by scanado(m): 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page

Where I port Harcourt is the land located?

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by clemzo101(m): 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
That money is hard earned money and sweat from your mum that has past on. Use everything within your reach to get the money back, use pastors, Alfas, Songo, Ifa,ogun, amadioha priests, even witches and wizards.

Your uncle is very wicked, he's a very bad man, in fact he's not nice at all.

Court cases of this nature could be endless.

You could also approach the economic and financial crimes commission EFCC, they will help you do a good job, though you will pay a percentage of the money.

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by ajilegend(m): 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
There are three things you can do to recover your money. First, report to EFCC and they will be summoned. Secondly, report the lawyer's to NBA PH branch with their full names. And thirdly, as those two approaches are going on, go to court also.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by scanado(m): 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page

Where is the land located in Port Harcourt?
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by djon78(m): 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarqwest:

We trusted him.

Pls front page

Find a way to get your complaint to human rights radio berekete family Abuja.
The owner ordinary Ahmed will get you justice.
I think he is one of the most respected voices of justice in this Land Nigeria.
He fears nobody.

If you get through to him
That your uncle will vomit everything, including his cronies.
I am 100% percent sure of that one.
Presidential villa, IG, who is who, listens to him everyday.
Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Godi25(m): 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
Liftedhands:
Was there no document receipts given? Or was all word of mouth?

You need to report all involved and post their pictures and names on social media.

Forget he is your uncle and go all out since he is trying to play smart.

Nonsense
Exactly, pour all his pictures on social media to shame him. That will put pressure on him to an extent

1 Like

Re: My Family Has Been Scammed by Slimsly100(f): 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
uruba23:
Why didn't you do due diligence, you were naive.....your uncle is the ant that eat the leaf from within....

Hmmm! cry
Kokoro ti'n je'fo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Developing The Top Luxury Apartments and Penthouses In Ikoyi Lagos Nigeria / Smart Homes - Designs, Planning and Construction / The State Of A Compound In Isolo After A Heavy Rainfall - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.