Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (318801 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by yungmin: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
Gentlelord:

i have been stuck on this same stage too. while applying,the school and course I chose using the daad.de site is not even on the application portal. Tho in the advert/guidelines we were told we can apply to any school in Germany.

I tried calling their helpline, but it is not going through yet.

Not all schools and courses in German schools are under the DAAD sponsorship scheme. Take Note
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Gentlelord(m): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
yungmin:

Not all schools and courses in German schools are under the DAAD sponsorship scheme. Take Note

ok Sir but how do I know the schools that are under the daad sponsorship scheme? is it the same one advertised on the application guidelines? because if you check the guidelines, it says  Candidates for scholarships in Germany are at liberty to apply to any University in Germany
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by yungmin: 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Gentlelord:

ok Sir but how do I know the schools that are under the daad sponsorship scheme? is it the same one advertised on the application guidelines? because if you check the guidelines, it says  Candidates for scholarships in Germany are at liberty to apply to any University in Germany

First go to the school's website a d search for your programme if it is under DAAD sponsorship
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kemade14: 9:55am On Jan 14, 2020
DMainMan:
IMPORTANT NOTICE ON THE 2020 PTDF OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP

Unlike last year in which there was a separate application between UK and the other Partnership countries, in this year, only one application is accepted

If you want to go to the UK, you must choose UK schools as your first, second and third choices

If you want to go to other partnership countries, you can choose any of the countries. For example, you can decide to choose Malaysia as first choice, France as second choice and China as third choice.

The closing date of the application is now Feb 17th, 2020

From DMAINMAN
https://m.facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation/
https://dmainmanconsult.com/
Chai, here I was hoping I could do 2 different applications to spread my chances.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Bicle: 11:20am On Jan 14, 2020
Guys! A question. When applying to the schools in France, do we need to do an english test?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by akintunde63: 4:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
XtraSmooth404:

If you're choosing Germany, provide all the requirements listed by DAAD (IELTS inclusive). Germany is serious business.

It's not a must. A friend just got DAAD Scholarship wihtout IELTS. Also, if you visit the school websites, you'd discover that some have waivers for candidates who had university degrees taught in English
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by alfarouq(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
please can somebody who has a masters in quantity survey apply for PHD and to which institution can he apply? thanks
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kemade14: 8:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
hopeful2018:

Thank you so much DMainMan.
May we be among those that will get the award this time. Amen.
But closing date for applications to schools in France, Germany etc still remains Jan 15, 2020 right?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by NEVOH: 9:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
I just checked the ptdf scholarship page, they have extended the deadline to 17th February 2020
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mystikal(m): 12:04am On Jan 15, 2020
Quick one, so one needs to have a NIN before proceeding on the application?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by bemagnify: 3:55am On Jan 15, 2020
mystikal:

Yes
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by bemagnify: 3:56am On Jan 15, 2020
kemade14:

But closing date for applications to schools in France, Germany etc still remains Jan 15, 2020 right?

All schools are on the 17th of February 2020
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by bemagnify: 3:56am On Jan 15, 2020
NEVOH:
I just checked the ptdf scholarship page, they have extended the deadline to 17th February 2020

Did u travel?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by bemagnify: 3:57am On Jan 15, 2020
alfarouq:
please can somebody who has a masters in quantity survey apply for PHD and to which institution can he apply? thanks
Is your choice... Just apply to any course that relates to your discipline.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kemade14: 8:55am On Jan 15, 2020
bemagnify:

Nice, thanks.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mrpen: 12:10pm On Jan 15, 2020
mystikal:

Use any I.d number you have available like Intl passport or voters card number, then get your ptdf pin. Finish your application while you wait for your NIN. When it comes edit the number you used n fix ur NIN. The verify it. Shi ke nan.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by spafu(m): 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2020
ExpertNLer:
can you screenshot the place where you saw it?
Check bullet point 3

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2020
Lol most cannot even start the application without the NIN, depending on when they registered. People who registered early can do your however most cannot even access the application without the NIN verification
Mrpen:

Use any I.d number you have available like Intl passport or voters card number, then get your ptdf pin. Finish your application while you wait for your NIN. When it comes edit the number you used n fix ur NIN. The verify it. Shi ke nan.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by hopeful2018: 4:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
ExpertNLer:
Lol most cannot even start the application without the NIN, depending on when they registered. People who registered early can do your however most cannot even access the application without the NIN verification
That's right Sir.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by yungmin: 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
bemagnify:

It depends. If Germany, you can apply for winter session and that application would still be on till June/July. Even France too
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
Is that the offiical PTDF instruction? even if it is I believe they are referring to the exam number and not scratch card PIN
spafu:

Check bullet point 3
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mrpen: 9:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
ExpertNLer:
Is that the offiical PTDF instruction? even if it is I believe they are referring to the exam number and not scratch card PIN

Lol. The instruction is quite clear as the biblical MENE MENE TEKEL UPHARSIN.
Besides this procedure has been on ground for most UK schools.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by bemagnify: 3:27am On Jan 16, 2020
yungmin:

It depends. If Germany, you can apply for winter session and that application would still be on till June/July. Even France too

So ptdf will conduct separate interview for the person?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Iamfrank(m): 9:44am On Jan 16, 2020
Please is dere anyone who can help me do dat DAAD registration... Its always appearing German in my laptop...
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by innocen20(m): 11:06am On Jan 16, 2020
pls i'm having issues with country of choice in the application, anytime i choose UK as first choice, i can't find other countries in both 2nd and 3rd choice.
pls help a brother...
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kolladey(m): 11:51am On Jan 16, 2020
innocen20:
pls i'm having issues with country of choice in the application, anytime i choose UK as first choice, i can't find other countries in both 2nd and 3rd choice.
pls help a brother...
If you choose UK as your first choice, u must also choose UK as your second and third choice.
But if u choose,say like France as ur First choice, u can choose China as second choice and Malaysia as third choice.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by iammiracle1(m): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
Please my people how else can i get my NIN number? the code hasn't worked maybe because i am using etisalat, i really need help
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by yungmin: 9:38am On Jan 17, 2020
bemagnify:

So ptdf will conduct separate interview for the person?

Not necessarily. The interview can be conducted together with everyone else but if given the scholarship, it would probably come with a condition of getting admission into the school of choice.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by innocen20(m): 10:04am On Jan 17, 2020
Good morning all. in writting personal statement, am i suppose to indicate all the courses i want (lets say i choose three different courses for master program) or i should just use one?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by XtraSmooth404: 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
innocen20:
Good morning all. in writting personal statement, am i suppose to indicate all the courses i want (lets say i choose three different courses for master program) or i should just use one?

You can focus on your first choice only, considering the limited number of words. If you can combine the 3 courses, it's still good!

P.S: Some scholars are currently studying courses that was not their 3 choices earlier. Situations change grin

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Anfieldboss: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
Guys which do you think is less competitive between UK and Germany/France/China/Malaysia. My profile is not so tight (this is me being honest) so I'm considering the less competitive one to apply. I'm applying for PhD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.