Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (319076 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 10:35pm On Dec 06, 2019
Sciences Po has some law courses I think
XtraSmooth404:

If UK was possible this time, I'd have said you should choose Oil & Gas Law in Robert Gordon university, or Energy Law & Policy in Dundee university, or International Commercial Law in university of Nottingham, etc.

Go through the listed countries/schools and see if there's any law related option listed.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Hallasheyi: 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2019
Hi sweet people

Please, I need your advice on the NIN thing... I am currently in Cape Town rounding up my MSc at UCT and want to apply for PTDF. Unfortunately, I do not have NIN before leaving Nigeria. Can I use my verified BVN in place of NIN and definitely process the NIN few weeks before the interview in Abuja?

Please, help a brother.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by XtraSmooth404: 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2019
lucexy:
Enugu State. No publications at all. She didn't even think she'll make it. She left for her MSc in UK around January 2018, she's through though.

2.2 without publications? I bet she has straight A's in WAEC, member of professional body and/or recipient of several awards.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 12:44am On Dec 07, 2019
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Deicide: 4:02am On Dec 07, 2019
Hannania:
I won that of UG
(LSS), but as far as I know, competing with folks with 2.1 and first-class is a mountain hard to climb but not impossible. your experience plus certification and extraordinary SOP will do wanders though....hope that helps
My name came out for this LSS I just saw the mail recently that I have been awarded. To be honest I jokenly applied for the scholarship, I was surprised my name came out. My question now is what next? And how much do they pay? Do I have to start for 100l again?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Hallasheyi: 4:50am On Dec 07, 2019
Hi fellas, please help me out.

Hallasheyi:
Hi sweet people

Please, I need your advice on the NIN thing... I am currently in Cape Town rounding up my MSc at UCT and want to apply for PTDF. Unfortunately, I do not have NIN before leaving Nigeria. Can I use my verified BVN in place of NIN and definitely process the NIN few weeks before the interview in Abuja?

Please, help a brother.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by XtraSmooth404: 8:54am On Dec 07, 2019
SuomyNona:

Her profile is plausible to be awarded in the 2018 edition. She must have made a huge impression at the interview session and compliment her performance with a sound SOP.

That's true. She could be a lecturer and that's a plus too.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Hannania(m): 9:04am On Dec 07, 2019
[quote author=Deicide post=84694424]Check the mail, it contains profile update info..the amount is #250000 PA + laptop.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sufisunni: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2019
Great
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by hopeful2018: 9:55am On Dec 07, 2019
ExpertNLer:
Ofcourse you can, you don't have to be a member, only that your chances will improve slightly if you're a member of a professional body or if you have some publications
I am a registered engineer with COREN. Will this be consider as professional body affiliation? or I need other registration with other professional bodies say NSE and NIEEE?
Kindly assist ExpertNLer.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Deicide: 10:05am On Dec 07, 2019
Hannania:
Check the mail, it contains profile update info..the amount is #250000 PA + laptop.
please, what is PA?
Yeah i have update my profile. Laptop? how do i receive it, and what type grin?
And please when would they start paying?
And there is a place i am told to upload transcript, which level am i suppose to upload cause am currently in 300L going to 400L.

Sorry for all this questions. I am new to this just need someone to put me through.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by adhareduconsult: 11:03am On Dec 07, 2019
Study Abroad!!! Study abroad!!!
Are you interested in studying abroad?
Are you interested in studying in world class universities without hurting your pocket?

At Adharr Educational Consult We are partners with a lot of prestigious universities And we have educational experts who are always ready to help you achieve your dreams of getting quality education!!!
We offer Educational services in Turkey, Russia and Cyprus.

Contact us for
Undergraduate programs
Graduate programs
PhD programs
Language schools
Vocational courses

Our services include;
Educational guidance
Securing admission of your choice
Visa support
Flight reservations
Airport pick up
Hotel reservations
Short stay accommodation.

For more enquires contact us

Email address: info@adhareducation.com
Tel-phone No: +905344537963
Whatsapp: +905344537963. +2348037418147

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by lucexy: 1:12pm On Dec 07, 2019
Her WAEC result was ok. A's B's and C's. She's not a member of any professional body and then, she didn't have any awards. I can only say she was lucky.
XtraSmooth404:

2.2 without publications? I bet she has straight A's in WAEC, member of professional body and/or recipient of several awards.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by glopatra(m): 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nezy4Real:
Please are ppl with HND qualified for this scheme, my bro wants to shoot is shot at it.

Check your spam
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by lucexy: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
Yes. Actually, they wrote exams then, unlike now that when you get shortlisted you go for oral interview.
SuomyNona:

Her profile is plausible to be awarded in the 2018 edition. She must have made a huge impression at the interview session and compliment her performance with a sound SOP.

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by glopatra(m): 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2019
Can I apply for two different countries. Like I want to choose my courses from two different universities in Germany and one in France
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
glopatra:
Can I apply for two different countries. Like I want to choose my courses from two different universities in Germany and one in France

Yes.. It's allowed
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 2:26pm On Dec 07, 2019
glopatra:

Yes
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SuomyNona: 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2019
lucexy:
Yes. Actually, they wrote exams then, unlike now that when you get shortlisted you go for oral interview.

In previous years before 2018, performing well in the organized aptitude can help your case without having outstanding academic qualifications and in 2018 your SOP/Interview performance have more significant in the grading percentage (75%).

But in the last edition, academic achievements was given more significant preference in the percentage grading. Degree Class - 30% (30- 1st, 24 - 2'1, 18 - 2'2), O Level grade in 5 relevant subjects - 30% (A1 - 6, B2 - 5......C6 - 1), Notable Academic Awards 10% (4 max, 2.5 marks each), Publication 5% and SOP/Interview performance 25%.

Irrespective of an applicant academic profile, my advice is to apply, compose a convincing SOP and to prepare adequately for the interview in order to maximize whatever point they will attach to each sections for the next edition.

7 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Hannania(m): 3:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
[quote author=Deicide post=84700108]PA = Per Annum...answers to your questions will be on the award letter.just chill.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 3:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
Yes it should be considered
hopeful2018:

I am a registered engineer with COREN. Will this be consider as professional body affiliation? or I need other registration with other professional bodies say NSE and NIEEE?
Kindly assist ExpertNLer.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2019
This is spot on. The rest of one's profile are set in stone/in the past. The only degrees of freedom remaining are 1. Professional Memberships 2. Publications 3. Interview 4. Statement of Purpose.

So one would do well to maximise his chances by maxing out those.
SuomyNona:

In previous years before 2018, performing well in the organized aptitude can help your case without having outstanding academic qualifications and in 2018 your SOP/Interview performance have more significant in the grading percentage (75%).

But in the last edition, academic achievements was given more significant preference in the percentage grading. Degree Class - 30% (30- 1st, 24 - 2'1, 18 - 2'2), O Level grade in 5 relevant subjects - 30% (A1 - 6, B2 - 5......C6 - 1), Notable Academic Awards 10% (4 max, 2.5 marks each), Publication 5% and SOP/Interview performance 25%.

Irrespective of an applicant academic profile, my advice is to apply, compose a convincing SOP and to prepare adequately for the interview in order to maximize whatever point they will attach to each sections for the next edition.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 3:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
For the 2017/2018 editions where exams were used, class of degree didn't matter much, only performance in the exam - however with the new method class of degree as well as number of A1s in WAEC along with publications and awards all matter
SuomyNona:

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by XtraSmooth404: 3:35pm On Dec 07, 2019
lucexy:

Oh.. it's clear now.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by XtraSmooth404: 3:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
ExpertNLer:
For the 2017/2018 editions where exams were used, class of degree didn't matter much, only performance in the exam - however with the new method class of degree as well as number of A1s in WAEC along with publications and awards all matter

That's why it's tough for a 2.2 candidate, but nothing is impossible BTW.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Slammmmmmmm(m): 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2019
Please, I need help.. I finding my NIN verification difficult to do.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Macgyver1: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2019
Slammmmmmmm:
Please, I need help.. I finding my NIN verification difficult to do.

What's the challenge bro?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Slammmmmmmm(m): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
Macgyver1:

What's the challenge bro?

I am having issues with the payment, the 737 style, keeps bouncing back.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Edicoco(f): 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2019
Please i want to apply for PhD. Can I apply with my M.Sc. statement of result. Since I haven't collected my certificate. I concluded it in 2017. But I will urely collect it before the interview day. Will it affect my chances of being shortlisted.
Slammmmmmmm:

I am having issues with the payment, the 737 style, keeps bouncing back.

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by hopeful2018: 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Edicoco:
Please i want to apply for PhD. Can I apply with my M.Sc. statement of result. Since I haven't collected my certificate. I concluded it in 2017. But I will urely collect it before the interview day. Will it affect my chances of being shortlisted.
Yes. Go ahead. You can apply with SoR. But try and get the certificate before the interview which is hopefully by March/April, 2020.

I am also a PhD applicant. I wish all of us success.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by hopeful2018: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
ExpertNLer:
Yes it should be considered
Thank you Sir. I will also try and get NSE/NIEEE before the interview.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Edicoco(f): 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Thanks.
hopeful2018:

Yes. Go ahead. You can apply with SoR. But try and get the certificate before the interview which is hopefully by March/April, 2020.

I am also a PhD applicant. I wish all of us success.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.