Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt (24733 Views)

N135bn Debt: Court Strikes Out Ifeanyi Ubah's Charges, Days After Joining APC / Anambra Hotel Fire: Simon Ekpa Blames Ifeanyi Ubah Over Sit-At-home Brouhaha / Saraki Reacts To EFCC Plan To Arraign Him For Allegedly Diverting 12bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by sarrki(m): 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
The Federal Government has filed criminal charges against Ifeanyi Ubah and his Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited over an indebtedness of N135bn to the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria.

In the charges filed before the Federal High Court in Lagos, the prosecution said the N135bn emanated from a July 2013 consent judgment between Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited and AMCON but accused Ubah of frustrating AMCON’s efforts to recover the judgment debt.

The prosecution alleged that in a bid to defeat the realisation of the judgment credit, Ubah and Capital Oil “made false claims in relation to the actual values of certain assets transferred to AMCON under the consent judgment delivered in Suit No. FHC/ABJ/CS/714/2012.”

The prosecution alleged that they “did obstruct the implementation of the provisions of the AMCON Act vis-a-vis the realisation of part of your outstanding debt of N135bn, by frustrating the sale of the landed property on Banana Island to Dayspring Development Company Limited, which property you both transferred to AMCON by virtue of the Consent Judgment delivered by this honourable court on the 1st day of July, 2013.”

The defendants were said to have acted contrary to Section 54(5) of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria Act, 2010 (as amended).

However, the arraignment of Ubah and Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited scheduled for Wednesday before Justice Nicholas Oweibo could not hold as Ubah was absent from court.

Olisa Agbakoba (SAN), who appeared in court for Ubah, told the judge that the Federal Government had yet to serve the charge sheet on his client.

Besides, he said there was an ongoing mediation move to resolve the matter amicably since it was about money.

Mr Ajibola Oluyede, who appeared for Capital Oil and Gas Industries Limited, said his client had been served but had filed a preliminary objection to challenge the competence of the charges.

The prosecuting counsel for the Federal Government, Kunle Adegoke, said he might have to apply that court issue an arrest warrant if Ubah refused to show up in court.

https://punchng.com/fg-to-arraign-ifeanyi-ubah-over-n135bn-debt/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by sarrki(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
If you enrich yourself through dubious means

Sooner or later nemesis will catch up at you

I hate it when people turn it to tribal or religious stuff when a thief is caught

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Olukoso1: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
I WOULD HAVE MADE FTC IF NOT FOR @OP WEY HIM HAND DEY SCRATCH AM.

HOWEVER, I DEDICATE THIS TO ALL THE REAL HUSTLERS OUT THERE, GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE.

grin cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by IkengaAlusi1: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
[s]
sarrki:

I hate it when people turn it to tribal or religious stuff when a thief is caught
[/s]
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

139 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Olukoso1: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Op why u deny me FTC

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by wwwihy: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
N135 billion Debt.... Cracy.... Customers' deposits fleeced away in the name of loan to scam businessman

“Running into debt isn’t so bad. It’s running into creditors that hurts.”-Unknown

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
What's FG doing with Igbo business men

Innoson was dragged through out Buhari's first tenure.

Now Onyema and Ubah.

Arthur Eze howfar ? Prepare

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by sarrki(m): 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
Olukoso1:
Op why u deny me FTC

Sorry about that

Was just short of words

I promise henceforth to leave FTC on post I made

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by IkengaAlusi1: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
[s]
sarrki:

Sorry about that

Was just short of words

I promise henceforth to leave FTC on post I made
[/s]
trash

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Temptee101(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2019
And the witch-hunt continues...

So Ifeanyi Uba; an Igbo man, is the only one in the entire country who is indebted

Oh! I see, because he is an Igbo man

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
FG needs to stop this witch hunt.
Na only Southeast waka come

No matter what they do, we'll always stay ahead
IGBO KWENU

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by NigeriaBam: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
Only Him alone

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by KOitd: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2019
LET US BE IN TOUCH TODAY IF YOU WANT A WEBSITE FOR YOUR BUSINESS OR IDEA

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10676965_3r3rf43t_pngf3705f4604a59bfbd00ebe8a612cb88f
Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by YoungLionken(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2019
This is what happens when you refused to appease the gods..cool

Is there any politian worse than Tinubu, or is it Akpabio, Ameachi, Rochas, just too many to mention...

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by BeijinDossier: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
This is the clown that wants to contest for gubernatorial race in Anambra.

Anambra is APGA

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2019
It seems a particular tribe is a great threat grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by olajizz01(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
And we called them billions but swimming in the oceans of debts,remove that huge amount from his money and let's see what left.

Our treasury makes most of our so called billionaires what they are today through legal or illegal means.

12 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by ChiefOloye(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
The money is huge o, what did he use it for, could it be that he expended it on his many futile political misadventures?

7 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Chisaedhor: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
Another Igbo Man undecided

Divide this useless country now or else

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by GEOANDSONS: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
Wow
Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
sarrki:

But it's not dubious if Abba Kyari makes billions from government channels.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by emeejinsm: 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
Why is the case between ifeanyi uba and FG

Won't the concentrate in job creation and leave amcom to settle issues with capital oil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Don27tiky(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
No hate coment here please
Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Criticaltemp: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
This. Country is messed up.. I dont know what to believe again.. Ifeanyi Obah is perceived a political enemy n as such, he's currupt..what happens to all those curupt apc chieftains working around the streets like saints.. The federal govt is as confused as the picture below..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by obailala(m): 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
"It's because he's Igbo" crew must be warming up to take over this thread.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by 1kbusiness: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
Send me your logo so I can give you these variants here for just 1k. and as an added bonus, customize this season's greetings message with your logo and contact details.

Start sending in your logos.

Can't wait
Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Edoziesmart(m): 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2019
Why is the federal government carrying the issue on their head? I thought this case is between capital oil and AMCON?
Anyway let Ifeanyi Ubah clear the unpaid debt to save his name from any dirty allegation that will arise after.

We don't want to hear ugly stories like the like of Allen Onyema.

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by 1mrprolific7(m): 3:47pm On Dec 04, 2019
Onyema x Ifeanyi Ubah.
Buharification season.
Wetin igbo do Una for this zoo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Arraign Ifeanyi Ubah Over N135bn Debt by Dozie32(m): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2019
It's well..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Elisha Abbo's Thugs Attack Silas Daniel, His Former Aide In Adamawa / Sierra Leone Mudslide: Obasanjo & Tony Elumelu Visit Victims In Hospital (Pics) / Pro-buhari Supporters Hold Rally To Welcome President To US (PHOTOS/VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.