Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,181 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track (36927 Views)

Commercial Operations Started On The New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line This Morning / Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. / New Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Rail Track Laying Commences (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by brainhgeek(m): 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
pricklewane:
Anyone caught removing anything close to the track should be shot.

Gbam! I concur!!
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Goke7: 7:08pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:
Perhaps they are not even educated enough or too shortsighted to realise the implications of their actions? They are likely misguided by hunger and quick gains without further consideration and that tells you the education system/well being of citizens is almost completely destroyed. You are one of those in rabid support for this government. This same government engages in photo ops with bandits and bokoharam criminals/murderers who claim to have surrendered after shedding blood for sport. They are merely called misguided youth, rehabilitated, provided funds and reintegrated into society. Why are you then not able to think the same way for petty thieves who are likely unaware of the possible effects of their activities other than maybe the thoughts that they are pillaging FG property as part of their national cake?

someone who can steal bolts and clips on a railway traqck cannot be said to be an uneducated. That person is informed enough to know the value of those clips and bolts
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by brainhgeek(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
pricklewane:
Anyone caught removing anything close to the track should be shot.

Gbam! I concur!! Shot at close range
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by oloriLFC(f): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
NGpatriot:

The sad irony, excusing away cruelty, deadly and dangerous sabotage against your own fellow Nigerians with your own brand of alleged injustice against Nigerians.

Where is the sense in endangering the lives of your own people and the general public just because you are poor?

Or killing people will make you rich?

we as Nigerians are too lawless. Let me deviate from the topic a bit. I was returning from my shop this evening and just in a twinkling of an eye, two drivers started arguing at the top of the voices, exchanging slaps here and there all because the one at the back 'insulted' the one in front of him for slowing down. What annoyed me was that it was a narrow road and vehicles had already formed a long queue due to their nonsense and they didn't care. I felt like breaking their heads, two grown up fools. This country ehn, we need serious orientation. The next generation must not behave the way we are doing now, else, it would be worse. undecided
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by codedguy1(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sirwallace:
Nigerians are the worst set of people you can come across. They justify any kind of criminalities by blaming the government for everything.

And when you try to maintain your sanity by doing the right thing, the unscrupulous elements who make large portion of the populace label you stupid.

Just getting my priorities right now and may God help me, I would get the fvck out of the country and never return.

You lamentations can be justified but it dosent change the fact that govt is the culprit in all the nonsense going on.

Truth is even in places where things work we still have criminals but its not as rampant as we have here.

Who are the govt, atr they not people there. The govt official who connived with ordinary citizens who are contractors to fleece the people of basic amenities is what is causing all this nonsense.

Steal money meant for education, health, housing, security etc the lack of these basics I mentioned is that people who should have been educated, have a home, be secured and have a decent means of livelihood are deprived and resort to stealing and vandalism just to make end meet. Not justified though.

Hungry men don't ask they take regardless of the consequences. Its a vicious circle that will get us nowhere.

One senator is collecting 15m or 29m monthly and you think the guy who is hungry and wants to sell the stolen nuts and clips gives a damn about derailment?

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by CSTR2: 7:10pm On Dec 04, 2019
Resurgent2016:
FG and States should learn to invest in their people. You can't be constructing infrastructure without improving the welfare and literary of the people.

The dwindling economic opportunities and deteroriating economic situation in the country must be addressed if any project is to be successful
That is the most intelligent thing I have seen on this thread.

Invest in human capital.

That is why all the things buhari is taking to the north does not move me.

The human capital there is too poor to either utilise or maintain it.

2 Likes

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Mrpojj(m): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
royalamour:

The Nigerian government has raised alarm concerning the stealing and replacing of clips, bolts and knots on the Lagos/Ibadan rail line.

Managing Director of the Nigerian Railway Corporation, Fidet Okhiria, said 5,000 clips and 10,000 bolts as well as knots had been replaced along the rail track.

Mr. Fidet said, “You can’t imagine that between Lagos and Ibadan, we have replaced over 5,000 clips and close to 10,000 bolts and nuts on the track and it is not a good thing at all.

“Without those things on the tracks, accidents can occur.

“We know the volume of passengers on a train. So vandalism of rail infrastructure has to stop.”

He added that government would still go ahead to extend the Lagos-Ibadan line to Kano in three years.

The Nigerian government has in the past 10 years sunk over 4 billion dollars in its railway sector with the hope of reviving and sustaining the sector.

http://www.editorialtimes.com/danger-vandals-stealing-clips-bolts-on-lagos-ibadan-rail-track/

Stealing and replacing you say?
So na the ordinary man on on the street steal am come replace am?
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by sapele914(m): 7:11pm On Dec 04, 2019
Shawarmaboss:
Only d contractors n engineers know d worth of those bolts n clips in question
Then you are ignorant of the men from East of the Niger? They are the number receivers of such items, both in Lagos and Nationwide, all the bridge ralliens in Nigeria are in their shops.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by ChoCho54(f): 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
sapele914:
Colonial Masters of a 100 years ago, that gave you electricity and civilization, ok you want me to believe that it is because of Lord Lugard's grandchildren we don't have electricity in Nigeria?

A Failure will always find someone else to blame but themselves.
I don't know wat you are yapping about. But all I know is, altruistic patriotism can never be seen in Nigerians as long as the status quo remains. You are here blaming omonile for vandalism, you would be shocked to discover the vandalism is politically and criminally motivated and the politicians are just looking for a way to create a problem only them would solve. Hiss
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Mrpojj(m): 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

Things were better in the mid 70s but Nigerians were still stealing aluminum bridge rails, overhead cables and traffic light stands. Nigerians are bad through through. Only Sharia government will work.

No be only sharia nonsense
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2019
ChoCho54:
Those yoruba osus are bastards! Pillaging what's yet to be commissioned.
LOLS

SEE FRUSTRATION grin grin grin
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:
For your information, the Nigerian masses have always suffered unjustified and avoidable poverty foisted on them by the ruling class and that is the case till date. Now there is impunity as well as brazen shamelessness but if e stop and think of the root causes, we will not be so quick to blame the victims of wicked leadership.

There are people out there that believe Evans the popular ransom seeker should be released so I'm surprised by your opinion on this.

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by nanaman(m): 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sometimes what we read in the news is not actually what is on ground. Nigeria is deep rootee in corruption. A little findings show that those in charge also use it as a means to siphon money while using such to cover their tracks.

I challenge the railway managers to tell us where the former tracks are before the construction of the new ones. They have been sold and money shared.

It would take a long time to get things right in this country..

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by chewwie(m): 7:13pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:
Hunger and lawlessness at play. Plus if we had a disciplined leadership from 1960 till date, we would have long had sufficient, steady electricity to power our trains and no goat or cow will venture there cos they'd be electrocuted. There'd also be functional CCTVs and honest, loyal, patriotic law enforcement officers that will man those cameras, arrest any would-be thief and have them prosecuted/rehabilitated. In fact with steady power supply and decent infrastructure, no one will be looking for bolts and nuts to scavenge off rail lines. They would be far more productive!

Bottom line: Nigeria has failed and continues to fail her citizens.
Bottom line: Nigeria has failed her citizens. Nigerians have failed Nigeria
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by sapele914(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
CSTR2:

That is the most intelligent thing I have seen on this thread.

Invest in human capital.

That is why all the things buhari is taking to the north does not move me.

The human capital there is too poor to either utilise or maintain it.
Hater, what of the ones Obasanjo & Jonathan set up for the intelligent People of Southern Nigeria, how have they maintained them?
All the farming going on up North is not investment in Human Capital?
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by chewwie(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2019
If they do infrastructure problem, if they don't do problem. All the streetlights and transformers in my area have also been vandalized so we decided to buy German Shepherds to patrol the area at night
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by madapcmod: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
Let's call spade a spade. Afonja have shown their level of wickedness. The railway that was just completed has already experienced vandalism while Abuja- Kaduna railway is still in tact.

The kind hunger in Afonjanistan is terrible on the high side presently. Na the next level they voted they are enjoying

Awon werey

2 Likes

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by Nat404: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:
Perhaps they are not even educated enough or too shortsighted to realise the implications of their actions? They are likely misguided by hunger and quick gains without further consideration and that tells you the education system/well being of citizens is almost completely destroyed. You are one of those in rabid support for this government. This same government engages in photo ops with bandits and bokoharam criminals/murderers who claim to have surrendered after shedding blood for sport. They are merely called misguided youth, rehabilitated, provided funds and reintegrated into society. Why are you then not able to think the same way for petty thieves who are likely unaware of the possible effects of their activities other than maybe the thoughts that they are pillaging FG property as part of their national cake?

When the system is convoluted and corrupt, everything crumbles.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by sunkoye: 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

Things were better in the mid 70s but Nigerians were still stealing aluminum bridge rails, overhead cables and traffic light stands. Nigerians are bad through through. Only Sharia government will work.
abeg don't go there rara rara..... Your mentors and politicians that started Sharia always prefer the conventional laws when the are caught. But leaves the babaric laws for the poor and masses.

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by unikwa: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
Who are the Chinese contractors who built this? They should have thought of this problem before it happened.
Just use one-way security bolts. Problem solved.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by ChoCho54(f): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sirwallace:
Nigerians are the worst set of people you can come across. They justify any kind of criminalities by blaming the government for everything.

And when you try to maintain your sanity by doing the right thing, the unscrupulous elements who make large portion of the populace label you stupid.

Just getting my priorities right now and may God help me, I would get the fvck out of the country and never return.
BYE. While you are gone, fulani will migrate south and occupy and Chase your kit and kin out.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by salford: 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:
For your information, the Nigerian masses have always suffered unjustified and avoidable poverty foisted on them by the ruling class and that is the case till date. Now there is impunity as well as brazen shamelessness but if e stop and think of the root causes, we will not be so quick to blame the victims of wicked leadership.
The leaders won't be riding the rail but the masses. imagine if their was a derailment as a result of the action of these wicked people taking out stuffs from the tracks.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by hisgrace090: 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:

Say no to wickedness!
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by deliveryboy: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
freeze001:

Aha! Gotcha! Now you are all objective and 'hand-joining' just so that the truth about bad governance will not be said as it will impact directly on that which you support and adore (APC/Buhari) isn't it? Well done sir.
Have you lost your stupid mind, how shallow can you descend? I pray I sight and of your brothers stealing anything close to that rail line and I will kill them with my bare hands. How can you justify a treasonable offense of putting the lives of hundreds of men women and little children with poverty? I saw poverty at a point in my life but that didn’t make me feed on humans and blame it on poverty. Poverty and morals are two parallel lines that will not cross one another. There will always be poor people, that doesn’t mean they should resort to mass murder. You are very stupid and it shall not be well with you, you child of Satan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by MKULTRA: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2019
Maybe the govt should have invested more on electric rail
So as those idiot vandalizing the high volt tracks would have been
Sentenced immediately to electrocution.
Talk about quick karma and justice.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by ChoCho54(f): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
sapele914:
You don't know what you are talking about?, who is the Government, Government means the people, pot calling kettle black.
Yes o. Me and you are the government, me and you are doing the stealing. Even the MD complaining, can he swear his hands are clean? Everybody is a criminal.. this is Nigeria.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by sapele914(m): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

And without meaning any hate speech or offence, the perpetrators of these things are from the SE. You can hate me, it does not matter. As we speak now, they are melting down stuff at owode onirin.
It is not poverty driving this. It is greed, some wickedness and full blown lack of social conscience (I dont care).
Not direct perpetrators, accomplices, ( one Nigeria), the Afonja that doesn't know the actual worth vandalizes the tracks, and sells it to the ipob sympathizer, who makes a 1000% profit on it, selling it to his Aboki Brother from Northern Nigeria (wazobia).

2 Likes

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by olujastro: 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2019
Sirwallace:

I totally concur o!
A set of people with unquenching thirst for quick gains put together in one country...equals to Nigeria.
I left because I was tired of being about the only person doing the right thing around me.
At a time I was planning to return, but when I visited and again realised the level of bribery and corruption I have to deal with on a daily basis, I changed my mind completely.
I'm also tired of talking about the terrible ways we behave as a people having seen that news like this will never stop emanating from Nigeria.
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by webngnews: 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2019
Hmmmmm
Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by CSTR2: 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
sapele914:
Hater, what of the ones Obasanjo & Jonathan set up for the intelligent People of Southern Nigeria, how have they maintained them?
All the farming going on up North is not investment in Human Capital?
Subsistence Farming is not quality human capital.
That is why famine and hunger is still rife in the North even with all their farming.

The poverty and education disparity between the north and the south is like day and night.

According to the world bank, if you remove the north from Nigeria, the south is a middle income economy.
But with the north, Nigeria slides down to the poverty capital of the world, as a result of poor human capital.

If you can't see the difference in the quality of human capital and how it has shaped the north and the south, then I can't help you.

Go and worship buhari. That should be easier than thinking rationally.

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by salford: 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2019
adedehinbo:
Nigerians had abused most of the things that were introduced to us to make our life better,from hijacking of uber cars,manipulation nd vandalization of public properties nd yet we still blame the govt for it
Same way yahoo boys have also destroyed the cyber business space for Nigerians. They travel to USA and still continue the crime. Are we going to blame the US government too.
I do not understand Nigerians at all. Despite being one of the most religious countries in the world. Most are hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track by ChoCho54(f): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2019
Jimi24:

And without meaning any hate speech or offence, the perpetrators of these things are from the SE. You can hate me, it does not matter. As we speak now, they are melting down stuff at owode onirin.
It is not poverty driving this. It is greed, some wickedness and full blown lack of social conscience (I dont care).
Try harder, but nobody cares. We all know which tribe the scavengers are. We know those removing high way rails and vandalizing power installations in Lagos. If they steal and take to your Master in the market to buy, it's business. When the chips are down, they all will answer.

You are a Yoruba mooslim and hate is in your DNA. When you finally get to cover your evil heart using sharia as cover, make sure you leave Igbos out your nightmare and face your type.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

COVID-19: Nigerians In Ghana Beg FG To Rescue Them (Video) / 5 Killed, Others Injured In Bayelsa Airport Road Accident (Graphic Photos) / Awkward-Looking Keke NAPEP Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.