Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Why Can't The South Unite Like North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't The South Unite Like North? (552 Views)

Why Can't The Nigerian Government Give Each Family 1 Million Naira? / Why Can't The Anambra State Government Build The Second River Niger Bridge??? / In Today Nigeria Is There Anything Like North? ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't The South Unite Like North? by Brownteeth(m): 10:24pm On Nov 24, 2010
Just consider how the northern folks came together to elect a consensus candidate to represent them in the power struggle to control Nigeria. I bet if it were the south in their shoes, the south-west would have probably presented 30 presidential aspirants, the south -east with 20 aspirants of their own, then the south-south with 15 candidates. At the end each southern aspirant would take home one vote in the primaries. Why don't the south unite like the north in order to checkmate the north and whittle down their influence and grip on this country? I guess Nigeria will be better off if the battle line becomes strictly north versus south. Besides that would make it easier for Nigeria to split peacefully.
Re: Why Can't The South Unite Like North? by aljharem(m): 2:07pm On Nov 25, 2010
because we have groups like ika , ijaw, itsekiri of population of thousand that want to keep there pathetic culture
Re: Why Can't The South Unite Like North? by Nsiman(m): 5:18pm On Nov 25, 2010
@ brownteeth, i wonder what u call 'northern unity'. Saraki was denied a consensus candidacy because of what nplf term 'not northern enough' we the south i assure is more united than north. Have u seen or heard that a southerner is to challenge gej? It is not untill u shout that we are united that one will knw there is unity. NOTE: nplf is not north but a group of greedy men
Re: Why Can't The South Unite Like North? by Blazay(m): 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2010
Because of people like OBJ(the major causes of ALL the problems in Nigeria).
An anarchist and a sadist.
Yet, a Christian.
Twa!
Re: Why Can't The South Unite Like North? by DisGuy: 10:37pm On Nov 25, 2010
Nsiman:

@ brownteeth, i wonder what u call 'northern unity'. Saraki was denied a consensus candidacy because of what nplf term 'not northern enough' we the south i assure is more united than north. Have u seen or heard that a southerner is to challenge gej? It is not untill u shout that we are united that one will knw there is unity. NOTE: nplf is not north but a group of greedy men

an evidence or just what you read in the papers?

your last statement cancel out the first one then!

(1) (Reply)

House Of Assembly Leaders Payup. / Enough Is Enough / Jonathan Accused Atiku Of Disloyalty To Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.